Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Black patrons kicked out of a restaurant when a white woman feels threatened!

A group of twenty-five black family members and their friends say they were denied service at South Carolina restaurant after a white patron complained about feeling "threatened" by their presence.

Michael Brown and the rest of his party had waited over two hours to be seated at North Charleston's Wild Wing Cafe, when a shift manager suddenly informed them that a "situation" has arose.

"She said there's a situation where one of our customers feels threatened by your party, so she asked us not to seat you in our section, which totally alarmed all of us because we're sitting there peaceably for two hours," Brown told Live 5 News. "Obviously, if we were causing any conflict, we would have been ejected out of the place hours before."

It was at that point that someone decided to pull out a cellphone to record the unbelievable conversation for posterity.

Brown says the shift manager, angered by the recording device, decided to kick them out of the restaurant.

"I said so you're telling me I have to leave," he recalled. "She said I have a right to deny you service. I said so you're asking me to leave because you're upset because he was recording you, after we've waited for two hours, and after you've already pretty much discriminated on us, and she answered yes."

Seeking an explanation from Wild Wing Cafe's corporate office resulted in several unreturned calls.

It wasn't until Brown published a Facebook post recounting the incident that someone finally reached out to him.

"We got alerted through social media, so we always encourage our customers to respond to us or to comment on our social media pages," said Wild Wing Cafe CMO Debra Stokes.

In addition to an apology, Brown was reportedly offered a free meal for him and his group, but apparently declined.

"This is not a situation where you can just give us a free meal and everything is ok because it's deeper than that," he said.

In the aftermath of all the negative press, WWC of North Charleston posted an apology to its own Facebook page, saying it is "truly disappointed and sorry that any guests of ours felt disrespected or discriminated against," and promising a "thorough investigation."

by Anonymousreply 23202/21/2015

1. It's South Carolina, so sadly no surprise.

2. Wild Wing Cafe sounds like a trashy, hick-infested dump. Who would wait hours to eat there?

I wonder if any legal action can be taken. If the family of 25 were not doing anything offensive, then they were racially targeted to leave. Unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 108/26/2013

At least $3.00, my usual tip

by Anonymousreply 508/26/2013

Someone in that party was wearing a hoodie and had some Skittles in his pocket. That should justify their ejection for R2.

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2013

Have you seen what the tips are like from poor white people?

by Anonymousreply 908/26/2013

So they let them get away? wtf?!

by Anonymousreply 1108/26/2013

So this place doesn't take reservations, even for parties of 25? Why do 25 people all need to eat together in a public restaurant anyway? They need a party room not a restaurant.

Everyone in this story sounds STOOPID.

by Anonymousreply 1408/26/2013

Am I missing something with black people and tipping?

by Anonymousreply 1508/26/2013

Apparently, we don't do that.

Honestly, though, a real minimum wage is what service staff need. Not a collection plate.

by Anonymousreply 1608/26/2013

They were there for two hours? What restaurant is this that that can happen? Did they have to make reservations?

by Anonymousreply 1708/26/2013

The point of the story is a group of black patrons were asked to leave because another patron felt uncomfortable with them being there, not tipping. Like I said, if twenty five gays were asked to leave because another patron was uncomfortable, you'd be screaming your heads off.

by Anonymousreply 2008/26/2013

R15, as a biracial guy who, I would be glad to assist you:

1. Black people are notoriously tight when it comes to tips. This is not an unwarranted stereotype. Poor whites and affluent whites over 60 are tight as well, but black people will often go under 10% and expect applause for their generosity.

2. Black people in groups are notoriously loud and uncaring about other diners in a restaurant. So are white people under the age of 45.

3. Black adults eating in a group leave a table and environs looking like six children with spastic motor control challenges dined there, unsupervised. Unless they are grandmothers. Making a mess for someone else to clean up is considered "justice."

4. All groups tend to linger. Black people linger without letting the establishment or wait person know of their intention to take root. They. Don't. Care. Their sense of time and place, culturally, is still set in a rural milieu. That's why they walk in the street instead of the sidewalk, and why they look at every car that passes. (It's not fear of being shot, as my white friends claim.)

5. Black people are so sensitive about any appearance of racism that they will act out intentionally to dare comment. They play "I don't see you" and "I don't know what you're talking about" routinely. Black people actually see and hear and process EVERYTHING around them, including and especially looks, body language, and asides they prompt - or think they do - from whites.

6. White people over 40 find groups of black people distasteful, and look for trouble - any pretext to prove their biases are correct. And black people are more than glad to oblige.

7. Reflexive white "liberals/decent people" are invariably patronizing about such situations, and you can smell the condescension in several posts here. I almost prefer sitting by outright racists than being subjected to the smarmy covert racists who will yell about something like this but who still cross the street when a brother approaches.

8. Stereotypes are offensive and incorrect even when apt anecdotally. Including mine.

by Anonymousreply 2108/26/2013

Why would 25 people think they could just show up at a restaurant and get served together?

by Anonymousreply 2208/26/2013

Wouldn't a party of 25 automatically guarantee an obligatory gratuity included with the check?

by Anonymousreply 2308/26/2013

I waited tables and always got overtipped by black people b/c I gave them the same service I gave everyone else. The only time a black table stiffed me was that rapper Da Brat. Other than that at least 15but mostly more. Even my black coworkers treated their black tables shitty while I made bank and regulars.

by Anonymousreply 2508/26/2013

I imagine they waited that long because they didn't have a reservation and that many people needing to be seated would require a lot of empty tables put together.

by Anonymousreply 2708/26/2013

r17 hit the nail on the head. Two hours? Were they at Le Cirque? I wouldn't wait two hours if I needed emergency surgery.

Secondly, the manager let 25 paying guests leave? Over some white bitch who probably had the diet plate (because she obese.) The manager obviously does not follow the numbers.

And really r21? Really? I can understand discomfort being seated in a room with 25 people. It will be loud and boisterous. But have you ever been seated next to a group of the red hat ladies? Giggles, shrieks and cackles. Puts me off me oats. None of you have been to the Golden Corral on a Sunday after church. Can be annoying but the hats are fabulous and worth the bother.

Oh, and then there's the racism part.

by Anonymousreply 2808/26/2013

Hilarious that people are denying this ever happened. Talk about denying racism IS racism...

by Anonymousreply 2908/26/2013

[quote]as a biracial guy who, I would be glad to assist you:

[quote]1.Black people Poor whites affluent whites black people

[quote]2. Black people white people under the age of 45.

[quote]3.Black adults

[quote]4. All groups Black people

[quote]5.Black people Black people from whites.

[quote]6.White people over 40

[qutoe]7 white "liberals/decent people"

[qutoe]8. Stereotypes are offensive and incorrect even when apt anecdotally. Including mine.

Thanks for clarifying, Bi-racial Guy, in your final point that everything in points 1 - 7 is all "offensive and incorrect."

by Anonymousreply 3008/26/2013

R15, the biracial guy, claims to 'one of them' and then goes all out on racial stereotyping. Wonder what side of his bloodline he hates? Fucking idiot. And I wonder if he's faking the biracial thing just to speak his silly mind.

I was in PF Changs this weekend and there was a table of all white men. Extremely loud and disruptive. The waitresses rolled their eyes when walking from the table. Manager had to ask once that I saw to lower the volume.

Tables with large groups of any color can be loud and imposing. Have you seen a group of college kids, or gone to a Cracker Barrell? It's too easy to broadbrush a single group.

by Anonymousreply 3108/26/2013

I'm black and I over tip because of the sterotype of black people being bad tippers. Even when I've gotten shitty service, I still over tip.

But there are reasons. Some of it is simply a lack understanding. There are people who still don't understand that wait staff are not paid minimum wage. And then tipping is a learned social thing via dinner with your parents. If your parents didn't take you out to eat for whatever reason, most likely because they couldn't afford it, then you aren't going to learn how to tip.

And on another note, many black people are boisterous, especially in groups. Italian Americans are boisterous, Europeans are boisterous. Not everyone has to act like an American WASP, in order to get food service.

by Anonymousreply 3208/26/2013

I've been stuck waiting for two hours at a Red Lobster because that is where my brother wanted to go for his birthday. We were the only white people in the waiting crowd, and there was no undue commotion from the rest of the crowd. It's called patience and black people are as capable of it as white folk. You all remind me of Bill O'Reilly who famously marveled that black people were dining with dignity at a restaurant in Harlem. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 3408/26/2013

I don't think R21 is actually off about anything in his post. He didn't say any of those behaviors are bad (which they aren't), it just is.

I don't like tipping, so I don't eat out.

by Anonymousreply 3508/26/2013

Nothing that white people say and do surprises me. They do not have the best morals.

by Anonymousreply 3708/26/2013

I used to wait tables and many blacks are horrible tippers. i asked one black friend about this and he response is "here is your tip, get a bettter job"

by Anonymousreply 3808/26/2013

R[24] [36] you cannot use the word OBVIOUS or any form of it anymore. think of another word, open a Thesaurus.

by Anonymousreply 3908/26/2013

Waiting two hours for a restaurant seat is a sign of insanity.

by Anonymousreply 4008/27/2013

R21 is exactly correct in all particulars.

by Anonymousreply 4108/27/2013

[quote] a "situation" has arose.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 4208/27/2013

r34, OMFG, I had forgotten about that O'Reilly moment.

Isn't all of this more indicative of class than race?

I'm not trying to shift discussion away from white racism, but AAs are absolutely vicious with each other along class lines.

Tommy Sotomayor is a case in point (and he's a misogynist, too).

by Anonymousreply 4308/27/2013

Agree with R40. If I ever hear '30 minute wait', I am totally out of there. Where I live, there are simply too many choices for a place to eat. I don't see the need to wait that long.

by Anonymousreply 4408/27/2013

Is their phone number, 843-818-9464?

by Anonymousreply 4508/27/2013

Of course the poor white woman felt threatened. Who wouldn't? Look at the woman up front in peach. That face says "What makes you think I won't cut you?" And I bet they're hiding the really scary ones in the back.

by Anonymousreply 4608/27/2013

Looking at r46's pic, that's a class not race issue. Definitely.

by Anonymousreply 4908/27/2013

I'm black and a good tipper. 20% or more. My barber charges $25 and I always give him $40. There have been a few times when I've gone back to tip more when my friends (usually non-black) have been embarrassingly stingy.

by Anonymousreply 5008/27/2013

Is it me, or are the two guys at front-center in R46's pic cookie sniffers?

by Anonymousreply 5108/27/2013

They look pretty ghetto.

by Anonymousreply 5208/27/2013

read the article, the situation got escalated when they tried to record it with their cellphones and that's when the manager asked them to leave, I don't know what to say, but it is a private property, if I told you not to record it and you insisted on doing so, I would ask you to leave too.

by Anonymousreply 5308/27/2013

My family owned restaurants (independent ones, not chain restaurants) in the 1960s and 70s. Teachers were the absolute worst tippers. Nurses were also bad. When the holidays rolled around, they dreaded the Christmas parties of these groups. For some reason, the telephone company, which was a large employer in the area, was also filled with very cheap people who also were persnickety complainers and got horridly drunk. That was the most dreaded Christmas party of all.

by Anonymousreply 5408/27/2013

R31 you are correct about groups in general being loud at restaurants. Last weekend I was out with my spouse and a friend at a brewery. We sat outside on what looked like a picnic table but nicer. 7 extremely overweight young fraus and 1 average weight man were seated at the table behind us after awhile. They were LOUD. It basically ruined the night for us because I could no longer hear our own conversation. Ear piercing noise. To top it off, one of the fraus went to the bathroom twice and both times her huge ass hit me. The second time she hit me into the side of my abdomen so hard that she knocked me off to the side and even my friend sitting across from me saw it. Okay I am off topic but just had to rant about the fraus.

by Anonymousreply 5508/27/2013

If R46's pic is of the group, I don't see what is threatening about them at all. They look like normal nice people.

by Anonymousreply 5608/27/2013

The fact that they all they got was an offer of a free meal tells me there is more to this story.

by Anonymousreply 5708/27/2013

You're all idiots. It's not that black people don't tip, it's that religious poor people don't tip, and a large number of blacks happen to be religious and poor as a result of the system.

Educated blacks with money tend to overtip, either because they are sympathetic towards their waiter/hard workers and/or because they are overcompensating to make up over negative stereotypes associated with blacks.

Educated gays with money also tend to overtip, either because they are sympathetic towards their waiter/hard workers and/or because they are overcompensating to make up over negative stereotypes associated with gays.

by Anonymousreply 5808/27/2013

[quote] They were LOUD. It basically ruined the night for us because I could no longer hear our own conversation.

When that happens, I shout at the top of my lungs to my dining companions.

by Anonymousreply 5908/27/2013

Twelve women and only four men in the group?

by Anonymousreply 6008/27/2013

[quote]In addition to an apology, Brown was reportedly offered a free meal for him and his group, but apparently declined. "This is not a situation where you can just give us a free meal and everything is ok because it's deeper than that," he said.

He wants to see what else he can get, before settling for just a free meal.

After all, he's in Amurikkka, where anyone can hit the jackpot!

by Anonymousreply 6208/27/2013

Saw at a hilarious facebook 'swirl' page that progressive BW are saying the 25 were fools for waiting 2 hours and they know that some blacks do get loud the tone from the BW is no empathy for their fellow blacks why wait 2 hours when you can just leave and go elsewhere

by Anonymousreply 6308/27/2013

Anyone who tips $15 on a $25 bill is an idiot. And I don't think you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 6408/27/2013

The group doesn't look thuggish or threatening any way, I mean just look at the woman in peach!

by Anonymousreply 6708/27/2013

In defense of that woman in peach, by that point she was HONGRY.

by Anonymousreply 6808/27/2013

Well, she can haz my food.

by Anonymousreply 6908/27/2013

[quote]Why do I have the feeling we aren't getting the entire story here?

Because you may just be right.

by Anonymousreply 7008/27/2013

You know, I find it pretty offensive that people are denying that this happened when it clearly has happened. If anyone was "intimidated" by the large group it was probably the manager and maybe some wait staff, not just some little ol' white woman.

Historically, summer has always been a time for families, especially working class Black families, to head South for family visits, reunions, etc. So, "large gatherings" are not some unique phenomenon.

Some church goers get together every Sunday to do the same damned thing. Sometimes it's a club meeting that adjourns to the restaurant. So lets not get crazy about this "large gathering" phenom.

Why, Hell. I've even seen large gatherings of white people. I've seen baseball teams or birthday parties or other types of social gatherings involving "lots" of people in restaurants all the time. Especially at restaurants like Wild Wings.

The fact that they waited for about two hours is not unusual. If they were visiting and joking around and enjoying one another's company it passed the time. They were probably being accommodating feeling that for such a large party it would take time. In fact the hostess or wait staff certainly told them it would take time, I'm sure.

These people were discriminated against. Period. It isn't funny, it isn't something to joke about. Make no mistake. If it happened to them, it can happen to us. I'd love to see what South Carolina would do to a group of 25 obviously gay men who wandered into some redneck enclave and demanded service.

by Anonymousreply 7108/27/2013

People are taking it seriously on Twitter and elsewhere, R71.

The restaurant's website has been innundated with protests.

by Anonymousreply 7208/27/2013

The U.S. is a fascinating place....

by Anonymousreply 7408/27/2013

We need to start a thread about the "bleach bombs" thrown at Black students at that enclave of liberalism, University of Texas at Austin. They thought they had it resolved last year, but it's happening again. This stuff is all connected. Because, to the degree we treat it like an isolated incident, or we inure ourselves to it, we allow it to grow, and for people to feel comfortable acting out.

Those people at that damned restaurant had a lot of fucking nerve confronting 25 people and literally throwing them out. It was humiliating and it was actually a perfect articulation of what's happening in this country on a much larger scale.

The practical thing to do if you're in business, is to look at the money. What this restaurant was saying is,"Your money is no good here. We'd rather lose money than serve you."

It's a variation on what the GOP is doing to Obama and the Dems. They'd rather harm themselves than do anything that benefits the "others."

by Anonymousreply 7508/27/2013

R13 - indeed. Not only is every gay guy a fantastic tipper, I hear they can also turn water into wine and ride bicycles no hands.

by Anonymousreply 7608/27/2013

A lot of places, esp. the chains, don't take reservations.

by Anonymousreply 7708/27/2013

R70 - thanks for that. It puts the whole kerfuffle in context.

by Anonymousreply 7808/27/2013

You’re only getting one side of story here. I work at the restaurant and your representation of the events is way off base. The group was being loud and obnoxious to both customers and staffers. They kept complaining about their long wait and were talking about how “whitey” was able to get seated, but they were not. The problem was that they had a large group and insisted on sitting next to each other. We only had one area that could accommodate their large group and the patrons in that area were not done. So yes, some “whities” were able to be seated before them, but only because they were going to a different area. We also seated non-whites in other areas too…They made this a racial issue before anything. One of the guests also insulted a deaf white girl because she didn’t respond to one of them telling her to move (she was deaf and didn’t hear them) They were also all standing in the middle of the walk way, making it difficult for customers to leave. We asked them if they could move over, but they said they can stand wherever they want, and if we wanted them out of the way then we should seat them. The customer that was offended was offended by a particular individual’s constant uses of the word “n*gger” When asked to stop, he threw out a long string of racial epithets against one of my co-workers.

by Anonymousreply 7908/27/2013

[quote]twenty-five black family members and their friends

i.e. there were actually MORE than 25 in the group?

by Anonymousreply 8108/27/2013

No, it was a total of 25 people, family members and friends.

by Anonymousreply 8208/27/2013

That is far too many people to expect regular seating at a restaurant. They should have made reservations for a banquet room in advance. That's what most families do when they want to get together at a restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 8308/27/2013

Sounds like both sides acted poorly.

by Anonymousreply 8408/27/2013

@R79: thanks for copying/pasting the statement given by a woman from R70's link... (insert sarcasm here). And, R75 is correct - great observation of what's been going on this country, politically and economically...

by Anonymousreply 8508/27/2013

This is probably what the white woman had in mind!

by Anonymousreply 8608/27/2013

I live in Orlando, and recently saw a white truck with a huge rebel flag attached to the truck bed.

He parked in front of Jason's Deli.

Do you think JD would have ejected him had a black patron complained?

by Anonymousreply 8808/27/2013

R65 is that where the racists went to settle or can you find progressive discussion there?

by Anonymousreply 8908/27/2013

[quote]Is this what we've come to?

I actually think it is what we're going BACK to -- if the Tea Party, etc. is any indication.

by Anonymousreply 9108/27/2013

Please don't let them be bla... d'oh!

by Anonymousreply 9208/27/2013

I believe in real racism and I know it exists everywhere in American society. I believe in white privilege and that racial profiling and stereotyping is constant, inaccurate more often than not, and viciously unfair. Black people definitely have it harder in our society; they have to work harder and do better than their white peers just to be seen as equal.

HOWEVER...this story is a load of horseshit from beginning to end. Showing up unannounced with a group of 25, expecting to be seated without a reservation, and "waiting" for 2 hours, all the while slurring "whitey" and claiming discrimination...these people were clearly trying to score a lawsuit / media brouhaha out of all of this.

There are, sadly, many minorities that try to game the system. It's just human nature and there are bad apples in every bunch. I don't think blacks are more prone to this behavior but they certainly aren't immune from it.

by Anonymousreply 9308/27/2013

Other patrons in a restaurant always hate when there's a large gathering whether they are black, white, or whatever.

They're going to take up all the staff's time. They're going to be loud and drown out everyone else. It's bad all around.

The restaurant should have immediately stated that they were unable to accommodate a group of that size without advance notice. I think any group of that size coming in would have been mistreated.

I think that there was underlying racism that made the situation worse. I think the other side made the situation worse because they went into it with the expectation of racism, justified or not. And I think the mental picture of a group of 25 family members and friends quietly sitting waiting for their table(s) is stupid, regardless of their race. Of course it's going to be a loud group.

Finally, we need a name for the deaf girl in the story... like in the 'Epic Beard Man' video there was the headphones girl, Amber Lamps. So what can we can this one?

by Anonymousreply 9408/27/2013

Twenty-five people is too large a party to be seated without reservations. Has no one here ever worked in a restaurant?

These people are either arrogant or stupid, or both. When they were told to wait two hours it was the restaurant's polite way of saying that the could not accommodate that large of a party without reservations. This evidently did not sink in to the bird-brain guests.

I don't give a shit what race these people are--they are social retards, and restaurants are full of them.

Social tards have made America unlivable. It is too traumatic now to eat out, go to a movie, take a bus, or go to an amusement park.

I see it in all races, everyone is rude, in your way, demanding, and ugly. No manners, no ethics, no nothing.

I feel for the next generation. To have to grow up without standards is sad and lowbrow.

America is chock full o' rude, demanding, ugly, fatso, noisy, illiterate tards of all races and I hate them so.

by Anonymousreply 9508/27/2013

R97 is the fat frau who elbowed me at the wings line at the Sizzler last Saturday, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 9608/27/2013

I agree 100% with r96 and I'm only 33, hardly an old fart. I cannot believe how uncivilized so many people act in public - it's like they're the star of their own reality show and act just as crass and low-class as the idiots on those shows. I truly think reality tv and trashy famous-for-nothing celebs like the Kartrashians have lowered the American IQ, and have caused people to act out in really obnoxious ways.

The phrase "use your indoor voice" has no meaning to these people.

by Anonymousreply 9708/27/2013

[quote]The restaurant should have immediately stated that they were unable to accommodate a group of that size without advance notice.

Then these people would claim discrimination and we'd be right where we are right now.

by Anonymousreply 9808/27/2013

Who says they were told in advance that the wait would be two hours?

I'm surprised the restaurant even tried to seat them.

Badly handled all around.

by Anonymousreply 9908/27/2013

R96 said it - that could be my fucking manifesto right there.

by Anonymousreply 10008/27/2013

R103 has never worked in a restaurant.

You CAN make room, in time, by putting available tables together but the restaurant informed them that it would take a long time.

That's when the geniuses should have simply left and gone somewhere else. Instead, they parked themselves out of a sense of entitlement and bitched out loud about other patrons being served.

This, my friends, is what America has come to. Cluelessness. Entitlement. Rudeness.

Jerry Springer, table for twenty-five!

by Anonymousreply 10208/27/2013

When the restaurant did NOT say they would not seat them, they stayed because basically the restaurant said they would seat them, R104. They felt entitled to service because the restaurant said they would serve them.

You sound pretty rude and self-righteous as well. Wouldn't want to be your server.

by Anonymousreply 10308/27/2013

But R105, they expected to be catered to quickly as a party of twenty-five without reservations.

What don't you understand?

And you'd hate to be my server, eh? I think you'd take me over a crowd of demanding, entitled, group of twenty-five who will have you hopping while I over-tip and ask for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 10408/27/2013

Opening a restaurant is one of the toughest things to do and most fail within five years.

It takes an incredible amount of hard work to run a restaurant and in this economy, it seems like only niche restaurants can make it.

The survivors: establishments without a wait staff and have counter-order service. This eliminates the need to leave tip (although you certainly may) which is enticing to non-tippers. For the casual diner, this is a good working model.

First-rate restaurants will always thrive because there is an expectation of service and quality food, and there is never a recession or the rich.

The types of establishments that these heifers cause a scene in will sadly not survive as good customers are frightened away. I mean, we all have ached Jerry Springer but we don't want to sit next to it while we eat.

by Anonymousreply 10508/27/2013

Gays leave no carbon footprint and yet we are so discriminated against, and yet all of the carbon-loading heifers cry uncle!

Gays really are God's chosen people.

by Anonymousreply 10608/27/2013

Re that quotation from the self-proclaimed employee of this restaurant at r79: do black people actually use the word "whitey"? It sounds to me more like the kind of thing white racists fantasise that "thug" black people say.

And, as the West Coast lesbian at r56 pointed out, as a woman also, I also feel that, from the pic, they don't look like an intimidating group: lots of women, "gentle" looking men, nice multi-coloured umbrellas.

Apparently, they are also regulars at that establishment, or at least some of them are. And, contrary to whatever was claimed at r79, what a named female employee of the restaurant said is:

“We got alerted through social media, so we always encourage our customers to respond to us or to comment on our social media pages,” Debra Stokes, chief marketing officer for Wild Wing Cafe, told Channel 5.

“We had a conversation,” says Stokes. “It was a really good conversation. He and many of his family and friends were there about a month ago, and they are regular customers of ours. So, they were having a going away party, and they just didn’t receive the experience that they have come to know and love.”

The stupid thing the group did was not book in advance for such a large group.

by Anonymousreply 10708/27/2013

I took a good gander at that photo and believe me, there is not one gay in that family.

They dress too tacky!

by Anonymousreply 10808/27/2013

That photo looks threatening. LOL

by Anonymousreply 10908/27/2013

Even if the restaurant doesn't take actual reservations, someone COULD have at least called ahead to warn the restaurant. This does sound like it was planned well in advance on the group's end - they were celebrating someone's last day in SC.

The fact that nobody called ahead tells me that they were ignorant. Therefore, I'm inclined to believe 'whitey's' version of the tale.

by Anonymousreply 11008/27/2013

I kinda dig the tie-dyed vest the guy in front is wearing.

It reminds me of the time I took acid in Berkeley, got naked, and waved my penis around in the Bart station, all the while thinking I was an extra in the movie "Hair."

by Anonymousreply 11108/27/2013

That your prepared to believe "whitey's" version (do you mean the fake employee?), says more about you than the group who went to the restaurant, r112.

Yeah, r113, and look at that multi-coloured kid's pressie bag, or whatever it is, that he's holding. It's so scary!

by Anonymousreply 11208/27/2013

It's not what they are wearing! They all have pissed off looks on their faces. If I was the hostess at that restaurant, and they'd waited two hours and had that look on their faces, I wouldn't go over to them and tell them to leave. And it's not because they're black, they could be white. That's a we're gonna fuck you up look.

If they planned this, then black culture is a lot more different from white culture than I knew about. Hey boo, it's your last night in town, you wanna go get some white people to be racist to us? Then we can be all 'angry black people' on their ass, yo. Maybe we can get a lawsuit outta it. Does your cousin still do discrimination law?

by Anonymousreply 11308/27/2013

Forget that they're black, fat, hungry and tired people are fucking dangerous!

by Anonymousreply 11508/27/2013

Hungry haters!

by Anonymousreply 11608/27/2013

Hungry hungry hippos!

by Anonymousreply 11708/27/2013

It would have been interesting to see how they reacted when there was an automatic 18% gratuity added to their bill had this all worked out. My guess is it would have been a big problem.

by Anonymousreply 11808/27/2013

I believe the other side of the story. I've worked enough restaurants to understand the experience. The opportunity arose to make a big stink about being victims of racism and unfortunately the restaurant, the workers and the patrons are the ones who will be considered guilty.

It isn't just a black thing, it's an American cultural thing in 2013 to selfishly antagonize to the point where the garner a the hoped-for reaction and the antagonist can proclaim they are the victim.

I also hope the part about the deaf patron isn't true.

by Anonymousreply 11908/27/2013

Nail their stinking white trash asses to the walls. Especially the whore who reported them.

by Anonymousreply 12108/27/2013

"Nail their stinking white trash asses to the walls. Especially the whore who reported them."

Fuck off and die, you cunty racist douchebag.

Here's the latest on this silliness:

A restaurant accused of evicting a group of black diners after a white customer allegedly complained she felt "threatened" by them is investigating the incident, vowing to take "proper measures" if it's found that discrimination took place.

Mike Brown, a 34-year-old music publisher and youth pastor, says he and a group of 25 family members and friends waited two hours for a table at the Wild Wing Café in North Charleston, S.C. When they asked about available seating in an empty area, Brown says a manager at the popular chain told him that wouldn't be possible, as another customer had requested Brown's party sit elsewhere because she felt “threatened."

Brown later learned that the customer, a younger white woman, had had a brief run-in with a member of his party earlier in the restaurant’s lobby, where she stepped on a woman's foot from Brown's group. According to Brown, the women exchanged words, and the customer who ultimately complained to the manager cursed at the woman in Brown's party. Brown's group was then asked to leave when one member began to use a smartphone to record their conversation with the manager over the seating issue.

Brown sought an explanation and apology from the company the following day — Aug. 1 — but said that voice mails and inquiries to both the restaurant and its corporate headquarters in nearby Mt. Pleasant went unreturned for weeks. That silence prompted him to take to Facebook on Aug. 22 where he vowed never to go back to the restaurant, in a post that has since gone viral.

An attempt by to reach a company representative at the restaurant was referred to corporate headquarters. Debra Stokes, chief marketing officer for Wild Wing Café, told that an “internal communication issue” hampered the company’s response, and says she wasn't even aware of the confrontation until Brown's Facebook post.

Stokes said the company has hired an independent firm to get an “unbiased account” of what transpired, and vowed action depending on the findings. “We’re wanting resolution for everyone involved,” she said.

by Anonymousreply 12208/27/2013

[quote] one sits and waits for 2 full hours when they're told they can't be seated. No one, unless they're trying to game the system somehow.

What "system" is that? What's the "game" they're supposedly playing? Why would a church youth pastor take 24 family members and friends to a restaurant then wait around for two hours to "game" some kind of "system" there? How would they plan it? Why would they all go along with it? Your theory makes no sense.

[quote]These people did this for publicity.

For what purpose? What are you assuming they planned to gain by this publicity? And, again, why would a church youth pastor and his family plan and do this?

[quote]I'm not saying they all left wherever the 25 of them came from with the intention to cause a scene at a restaurant.

Well that's mighty white of you, hon.

[quote]They obviously lack the forethought and organizational skills required for such a scheme.

They lack what? Are you fucking high or just a blatantly racist retarded person?

[quote]But I think once they were told it would take 2 hours to seat them, one or more of the most vocal ringleaders decided to test "whitey" and see how far they could go with it.

"Ringleaders" really? The "game" is to "test whitey" to what end? The church youth group pastor and, according to you, one of his family members or friends are suddenly suspicious and scheming "ringleaders" of a secret and nefarious restaurant scam?

Okay, Cunty McCracker, we see you. Don't forget to put down the crackpipe before your next Klan rally. You don't want to light up that cross early by accident, R116.

by Anonymousreply 12308/28/2013

[quote]a shift manager suddenly informed them that a "situation" has arose.

[quote]"She said there's a situation where one of our customers feels threatened by your party,

If she really said that, she is way too stupid to be running a restaurant. She put corporate at a huge risk of a federal lawsuit when she could have just kept saying there were no tables available for that big a party over and over and over. But she was "allegedly" too dumb to do that.

by Anonymousreply 12408/28/2013

Sorry R125, but the earlier poster is right. No one waits two hours cursing under their breath about it the whole time. Once it becomes adversarial, you have to think about what's probably going to be done to your food, on top of just not being willing to wait that long.

I don't approve of the restaurant's actions, but at some point this group was waiting to be explicitly told that they would not be served. Cue the discrimination lawsuit. And I would never have thought that I could take 25 people to a restaurant without prior notice.

At best both sides handled a bad situation poorly.

by Anonymousreply 12508/28/2013

Well, I think it probably went down as R124 described. I think it's important that they did wait and that their continuing presence made folks uncomfortable. Even if they intended to sue. Because when that type of discrimination occurs, WTF are you supposed to do? Skulk out quietly, with a "Yassir, boss" demeanor? Fuck it. WTF didn't they ask the white girl who felt uncomfortable to leave?From a business standpoint, I'd rather be collecting money from 25 people than be bothered with a white girl who is clearly looking for trouble. Why hasn't any attention been focused on her?

by Anonymousreply 12608/28/2013

[quote]a white girl who is clearly looking for trouble. Why hasn't any attention been focused on her?

Because, in America, we are allowed to feel what we feel, and she felt "threatened." So what? Nothing illegal about feelings, even if they have no basis. She wasn't the one who denied the group service, the restaurant did, so they are the ones liable for discrimination...if there was any.

BTW, "music publisher and youth pastor" = unemployed

by Anonymousreply 12708/28/2013

I love the lunatic who has to drop "youth pastor" each time she defends the group of 25. Like that's impressive or even relevant.

This isn't the Golden Corral on a Sunday afternoon, hon. No church ladies here, shouting "Amen!" at every religious reference. Most of us read "Youth Pastor" as "talentless charlatan" and "likely pedophile", at best.

by Anonymousreply 12808/28/2013

[quote]What "system" is that?

The system of how most restaurants seat patrons. Seating is based on a first come, first served basis, but the size of the party is a major factor as well. The larger the party, the more difficult it becomes to seat them. This is well-known to anyone who has tried to be seated at a restaurant during peak hours with a party of more than six. Showing up with 25 and expecting to be seated quickly and with no issues is patently absurd.

[quote]What's the "game" they're supposedly playing?

Manufacturing "racism" for publicity and lawsuits. See "Brawley, Tawanna". This is nothing new and it's certainly not unheard of. You sound ludicrous with your faux naive act.

[quote]Why would a church youth pastor take 24 family members and friends to a restaurant then wait around for two hours to "game" some kind of "system" there?

Perhaps because he's some sort of grifter or con-man? He is a "youth pastor", after all.

[quote]How would they plan it?

I stated quite clearly that I didn't believe it was planned in advance. That doesn't mean they didn't grab an opportunity the moment they saw one.

[quote]For what purpose? What are you assuming they planned to gain by this publicity? And, again, why would a church youth pastor and his family plan and do this?

I've already answered all of that. Why do you keep mentioning that he's a youth pastor? Do you actually imagine that his job indicates that he holds himself to a high moral standard? Are you really that foolish?

[quote]Well that's mighty white of you, hon.

And that's mighty racist of you to say that.

[quote]They lack what? Are you fucking high or just a blatantly racist retarded person?

Ad hominem attacks don't help your case. Do you not understand the meaning of "forethought and organizational skills"? Why are you questioning that?

[quote]Ringleaders" really?

Yes," ringleaders", really. Is that a racist word? It refers to the acts performed at three-ring circuses and the way certain participants within those acts functioned as leaders and coordinators for the other members of the troupe. In group dynamics it can refer to an individual or subgroup of individuals which act as leaders, spokespersons and facilitators for the group. They use their speech, actions and demeanor to sway the group to act towards a certain goal.

Can you explain to me why that choice of word was so upsetting to you?

[quote]The "game" is to "test whitey" to what end? The church youth group pastor and, according to you, one of his family members or friends are suddenly suspicious and scheming "ringleaders" of a secret and nefarious restaurant scam?

We've been over this: publicity and lawsuits. As I said, I don't believe this was pre-planned. I do believe that the group of 25 had ridiculously unrealistic expectations and that the restaurant didn't handle them well, and that at some point at least one member of the group decided to play the victim and claim racism for fun and profit.

Did you get that? Do you need it explained for the 12,000th time? Did I use any completely innocuous words that will elicit another wide-eyed "REALLY??!?" from you?

And YES, I really do believe that a so-called "youth pastor" and his family are capable of doing exactly that.

by Anonymousreply 12908/28/2013

I'm just going to be honest here. Black people are the worst to wait on. They complain about everything. "My tea's not sweet enough" "I didn't know that the rice was brown, I wanted white rice" "That scoop of ice cream is awfully small."

The manager was doing the waitstaff a favor.

by Anonymousreply 13008/28/2013

ITA with R131, I own a small business and have to be on the look out for scams ALL the time from customers as well as employees who are in a "protected class."

There are people who work very hard at implementing scenarios where they can claim they have been discriminated against so they and their accomplices (scum sucking ambulance chaser attorneys) can sue and get their sleazy clients a few thousand bucks.

The victims of these scams (business owners) just want it to go away so they settle even though they did nothing wrong. It's big business.

I think the laws need to change so that business owners can fight back without paying thousands in legal fees just to get a dismissal. And when these cases are determined to be baseless, both the shit stain lawyers and their scumbag clients should have pay restitution and/or be thrown in jail.

by Anonymousreply 13108/28/2013

So the youth pastor gets a version from his group of how a white woman verbally attacked someone after she stepped on their foot? And he didn't know when it first happened? Could it be that after the verbal altercation someone in the party made a threat towards the woman? What would be her point in getting them thrown out otherwise? She would have to know they remembered who was arguing with them. Not to mention, how early on did this happen? I can't believe this woman would be at that restaurant for 2 hours. When we get wings, we are in and out in 30-45 minutes max. A lot of things aren't adding up.

by Anonymousreply 13208/28/2013

But he was a youth pastor, R134. With his FAMILY. That means they are all saints with nothing but love and Christian kindness in their hearts.

by Anonymousreply 13408/28/2013

Why do I need believe this story?????

by Anonymousreply 13508/28/2013

Can we stop derailing the thread with everyone's pet racial stereotypes? This thread is about a specific incident that's being reported in the news. It's not about black people walking in the street or "refusing to move for whitey".

This is how these threads just derail into tit-for-tat racism. And yes, it is intentional. Stop it.

by Anonymousreply 13708/28/2013

This is thread, might just be the worst thread in the history of threads.

by Anonymousreply 14008/28/2013

OK, it's official: thread detailed. Now that the actual racists have taken over, the more nuanced replies in this thread can be put into perspective.

by Anonymousreply 14308/28/2013

The slow walking thing is passive aggression. It gives the disenfranchised a sense of power. It says, "I can't have your money and privilege. I'll never drive a car like yours. But I can damn well make you wait while I take my sweet time moseying across the street."

by Anonymousreply 14408/28/2013

My heavens, this place must be Michelin-rated if people are prepared to wait two hours for a table.

Is this one of Keller's places?

by Anonymousreply 14508/28/2013

[quote] Of course, they also backed into the parking space, so that their license plate is obscured for outstanding warrants

I have noticed certain people always backing into parking spaces - even when they are one of the only cars in the parking lot. I always thought it was weird. Now I know why they do this

by Anonymousreply 14608/28/2013

R146, I can't understand why anyone would risk their life and limb for a lawsuit.

These days, people are crazy and I wouldn't count on someone stopping or slowing down.

A broken leg/arm/hip leaves a lifetime of residual pain. Who would do this?

Who the hell is so whacked out that they want to get hit by a car???

by Anonymousreply 14908/28/2013

Why would anyone wait TWO hours for a seat at a restaurant!? That's my biggest question.

by Anonymousreply 15008/28/2013

This thread has everything the DL loves: restaurant rules, race, obesity, tipping...

by Anonymousreply 15108/28/2013

When I was a big fatso I remember my farts were horrendous. In fact, that's one of the reasons I wanted to lose weight.

Many were in fact, sharts.

Now, riddle me this--could you imagine riding in a car with these people after they have stuffed themselves with hot wings and coke?

by Anonymousreply 15208/28/2013

LOL @ R153. You forgot one. It even has an entitled frau (the woman who felt "threatened").

So far, we haven't heard about any crotch fruit running wild around the restaurant and ruining everyone's dinner though.

by Anonymousreply 15308/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 15508/28/2013

"Why would anyone wait TWO hours for a seat at a restaurant!? That's my biggest question."

Especially a restaurant like Wild Wings. It ain't haute cuisine.

by Anonymousreply 15608/28/2013

Something went serriously wrong in the lives of some of the posters here.

by Anonymousreply 15908/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 16008/28/2013

There are just a lot of the so-called Tea Party assholes trying to take over a lot of these sites. They think because they did a turnabout to support Gay marriage, the GOP can impose themselves on us, and think they can spread their ignorance in time to recruit us to their side for 2014. I say to them, "Fuck off." Someone needs to tell them that a lot of us will never ever vote Republican again. My dog Skip would get my vote before I support those assholes.

by Anonymousreply 16108/28/2013

Mike Brown wrote an article about it for xoJane:

by Anonymousreply 16208/28/2013

Okay, since some posters want to stereotype and over-generalize, let's try this:

I waited tables at a somewhat upscale Italian restaurant, and one busy Friday night a group of nine showed up without a reservation. We were able to push tables together and seat the party within minutes. When I approached their table the first thing out of one woman's mouth was, "I just want to let you know we are going to be VERY high maintenance." I smiled and said that would be fine, thanks for letting me know.

They each proceeded to ask for water in a different way (no ice, lots of ice, half of the glass with ice, with lemon, two lemons, a lemon and a lime, a lemon and two limes, all some varied combination thereof). Nobody wanted mineral water, still or sparkling, but three ladies asked for a glass of Moscato right away. Two of the ladies then let their Moscato sit on the table and grow warm and flat -- drinking it at the end of dinner.

They asked for separate checks (which were habdwritten) and I explained that there was a $2 per check charge for this (management came up with this idea to dissuade people from asking for separate checks). The spokeswoman for high maintenance immediately said, " Well it's coming out of your tip." I explained that it would not, since the tip was automatically included for larger parties, but that I wrote very neatly and it would be easy to figure out. This did not go over well.

Eight people in this group asked me the exact same question during ordering ("What is the difference between Frutti di Mare and Diavola?") even after listening to the explanation as the adjacent person asked it.

As busy as we were I didn't have time to both serve them and be the entertainment. One woman didn't like her Diavola and could not explain WHAT she didn't like about it. I comped it anyway.

There's more, but, short story long (sorry) the check situation wound up being a small nightmare, and many felt the automatic gratuity was too high. A table for two overhearing all of this tipped me $50 on a $90 check, not explaining why but giving me a backpat and something along the lines of "hang in there" on the way out.

Anybody care to guess the ethnicity of the larger group? If your answer is "No" you can just skip it.

by Anonymousreply 16308/28/2013

"Canadians" is the code word used in the restaurant business. "We have a table of Canadians who are being a total pain in the ass, as usual." If you have ever worked in a restaurant, you know that sometimes stereotypes are true. I'm sorry, but they just are.

by Anonymousreply 16408/29/2013

"Anybody care to guess the ethnicity of the larger group?"

My answer is, you're a jerk, r165.

by Anonymousreply 16508/29/2013

[quote]I'd love to see what South Carolina would do to a group of 25 obviously gay men who wandered into some redneck enclave and demanded service.

EXACTLY, R71. Thank you! If you're gay and racist, you're an even bigger fool than your average straight redneck idiot. What the hell has happened to DL?! We've always had these freeper trolls trying to take over, but they were easily taken down by the generally superior intellect on this forum. Threads like this are just tragic. Smart LGBT folk and family will always be better than useless racist trash like some of the posters in thread.

by Anonymousreply 16608/29/2013

Anyone care to guess what ethnicity R165 is, and what poverty level job she is employed in these days?

by Anonymousreply 16708/29/2013

If 25 gay men were being disruptive and the restaurant asked them to leave, I would have no problem with it. Trash is trash.

by Anonymousreply 16808/29/2013

Maybe it was "all you can eat wings night". The manager knew this group would eat them out of house and home.

by Anonymousreply 16908/29/2013

I waited tables for four horrible weeks at a Jewish Deli on the upper west side. They were the biggest bunch of assholes I've ever waited on in my life.

Cheap, tacky, high maintenance, and AWFUL tippers.

by Anonymousreply 17008/29/2013

Hi guys!

by Anonymousreply 17108/29/2013

....'A situation has arose.' Jesus Pete!

by Anonymousreply 17208/29/2013

Where's the video? Someone starting recording video just before they were kicked out, so where is the video?

by Anonymousreply 17308/29/2013

What R168 said.

by Anonymousreply 17408/29/2013

[quote]I'd love to see what South Carolina would do to a group of 25 obviously gay men who wandered into some redneck enclave and demanded service.

Why would a group of 25 gay men wander into some redneck enclave?

by Anonymousreply 17508/29/2013

Try explaining profit margin to a Pakistani immigrant.

by Anonymousreply 17608/29/2013

LOL @ R177. True, they'd rather starve.

by Anonymousreply 17708/29/2013

Those of you deluding yourselves that this is a freeper invasion are sadly mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 17808/29/2013

R180, you're deluded if you think it's not.

by Anonymousreply 18008/29/2013

They're here because the webmaster has stopped red-tagging, which was very effective at holding down the freeper population.

The Jew-hater will be banned though. Can't happen soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 18108/29/2013

OK R165, I give up, were they black?

by Anonymousreply 18208/29/2013

And those of you who have been servers in big cities know that black drug dealers are the biggest tippers.

by Anonymousreply 18408/29/2013

I call bullshit on R185. He's never been fat himself if he thinks an obese person will lose weight because someone else wants them to, or because a friend takes them to a salad bar instead of a rib joint. Ridiculous. People are fat because of choices they themselves make daily/hourly about the foods they eat, not because of a once a week trip to a shitty restaurant . It's not up to someone else to monitor a loved one's eating habits 24/7--even if it were possible, which it is not.

BTW, woefully misinformed poster @ R185, newsflash: chicken wings (as long as they are not breaded) are far healthier than a lot of the high carb offerings (starchy vegetables, breaded foods, crackers, fries, corn bread, jello, pudding, etc.) people pile on their plates at the average "healthy" salad bar.

by Anonymousreply 18508/29/2013

Cuz there ain't no thang like chicken wang.....

by Anonymousreply 18608/29/2013

I've seen my black friends stared down in public restaurants by white people the moment they walk in the door. Racists are everywhere. Any time there is more than 2 black people in a room full of mostly white people — or non blacks of any race— the black people will get the stink eye. Period.

They are often treated as if their presence is obtrusive. It's agonizing to think how often have to put up with shit just for being.

If anyone here tries to deny this kind of thing happens you can go fuck yourself. It does.

by Anonymousreply 18708/29/2013

[quote]The woman in front dressed in peach is not healthy. If she doesn't lose weight soon she will not live much longer.

Maybe, maybe not. I know of people that fat who are in their 70s, 80s, and beyond.

[quote]I'm assuming the men in that family are doing the driving and paying the tab.

It's 2013, freak show. I'm sure the women drive and have jobs; you cannot tell by looking at a photo who drove or paid the tab.

[quote]When I was fat I had my own enablers who would take me out to fast food restaurants or bring me over fattening food.

DId your "enablers" also hold a gun to your head and force the food down your piggy gullet? If not, then you were fat because of your own shitty choices, not because someone else "enabled" you to become fat.

by Anonymousreply 18808/29/2013

What is R185 smoking? This is America, not Saudi Arabia. Plenty of women drive and pay their own tabs.

This thread has gone from ridiculous to flat-out absurd. It's not about obesity or American tourists (???).

by Anonymousreply 18908/29/2013

[quote]a lot of the high carb offerings (starchy vegetables, breaded foods, crackers, fries, corn bread, jello, pudding, etc.) people pile on their plates at the average "healthy" salad bar.

Where does one find salad bars fries and breaded food?

by Anonymousreply 19008/29/2013

America is full of fatties because of enablers, otherwise known as feeders. They are usually family members, but can be your 'community.'

I am so over hearing obese people say that the family gorges themselves because "That's how we do."

It is not cute to be obese. I know, I've been there. You have more flatulence, and you have odors that don't exist when you are thinner.

Obesity is not cute or sexy. But you can change it. You can stop eating out, for instance. Learn to cook healthy meals. Just learn to cook, for fuck's sake.

Someone here thinks that hot wings are a healthy dietary aid. That statement alone reveal America's lack of critical thinking skills and denial.

And that woman in front is NOT healthy, she is in a rut.

by Anonymousreply 19108/29/2013

Way to make this thread all about you and your issues, R193/185.

by Anonymousreply 19208/29/2013

[quote]If 25 gay men were being disruptive and the restaurant asked them to leave, I would have no problem with it.

The 25 black people involved in this incident weren't being disruptive, though; they hadn't even been seated yet.

Personally, I actually don't enjoy dining near large groups of gay men (or 20-something SATC-wannabe straight women). The high-pitched shrieking and cackling and attention-seeking "diva" antics that generally go on in such groups are not conducive to a pleasant dining experience.

A friend and I often meet to work out at the Y on 14th street and then grab a bite to eat at this enormous and admittedly cheesy diner next door. For some reason, there is always at least one giant table of a dozen or more gay guys eating in there. (We've surmised that some gay AA group goes there after their meeting, for one thing.) When possible, my friend and I try to be seated in a different section, so we can eat in relative peace and quiet. We would NEVER, however, suggest that a group of customers be BANNED from sitting in our section solely on the basis that they are gay men and probably going to be loud and annoying. And if the group was seated and actually being loud and annoying, I still would never suggest that management move them or ask them to leave. I'd either move myself, or just deal if no other tables were available. Unlike some of the fucked-up bigots in this thread, I do understand that people don't lose their rights to go where they please and do as they please, without being subject to discrimination, just because *I* happen to find their behavior annoying or incongruous with my personal notion of how to act in public.

by Anonymousreply 19308/29/2013

You think white people are racist? Try being black around a bunch of Asians. They are fucking terrible.

by Anonymousreply 19408/29/2013

[quote]A friend and I often meet to work out at the Y on 14th street and then grab a bite to eat at this enormous and admittedly cheesy diner next door.

Your problem is that you can't afford to live in NYC. Obnoxious customers at a nasty diner? Well, what a surprise!

by Anonymousreply 19508/29/2013

[quote] Your problem is that you can't afford to live in NYC.

Where are you getting that idea, weirdo? I can afford to dine in nicer restaurants (and often do—and still sometimes encounter annoying groups of loud gay men), but not every meal needs to be some big production.

[quote]Obnoxious customers at a nasty diner? Well, what a surprise!

Never said it was a surprise. Obnoxious groups at a place called Wild WIng Cafe should not be a surprise, either (not that the banned customers were even being obnoxious).

by Anonymousreply 19608/29/2013

PS, my point was, I don't like to sit near large groups of gay men in a restaurant, be it a diner or a four-star establishment. Still, I understand that does not mean large groups of gay men should be banned. Some of you seem to have difficulty applying that notion to black people.

by Anonymousreply 19708/29/2013

[quote]Personally, I actually don't enjoy dining near large groups of gay men (or 20-something SATC-wannabe straight women). The high-pitched shrieking and cackling and attention-seeking "diva" antics that generally go on in such groups are not conducive to a pleasant dining experience.

True, but there is no fear that they'll be violent.

by Anonymousreply 19808/29/2013

Fuck off and die R140, you cunty racist douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 19908/29/2013

I am a southern African-American female and my family have large outings of 10 to 15 people quite often. Unless is is a special occasion or we are going to a nice restaurant we do not make reservations. We enjoy each others company and will wait for a table. We are always generous with tips. If we are clebraand on many occasions

by Anonymousreply 20008/29/2013

Charleston S.C. is incredibly racist and segregated. I am amused but not surprised that so many here have found a way to blame the black group for the incident. I have learned in life racist people are going to be racist no matter what. So I have stopped overcompensating to accommodate racist people.

by Anonymousreply 20108/29/2013

I think it's the white person's fault.

by Anonymousreply 20208/29/2013

[quote]Charleston S.C. is incredibly racist and segregated.

Charleston is the most beautiful city in the South. Not that I'm saying the two things are related...

by Anonymousreply 20308/29/2013

The "Black patrons" should sue.

by Anonymousreply 20608/29/2013

I agree, R209, that the point of the "Black patrons" going to the restaurant was to have a meal together.

by Anonymousreply 20808/29/2013

A loud, demanding, vulgar group was asked to leave a restaurant for being disruptive.

Of COURSE it was racially motivated.

by Anonymousreply 20908/29/2013

[quote]Can we talk about how black people just walk out into the street without looking?

That's a cultural thing here, too. But worse still are the folks in a car. They park in the middle of the street and talk to friends on the sidewalk. Or if two approach from opposite directions, they'll both stop to talk, blocking both lanes of traffic.

It's a none-too-subtle "fuck you."

by Anonymousreply 21208/29/2013

Gee I wonder why black people would want to say "fuck you"? I guess they must read the DL.

by Anonymousreply 21308/30/2013

[quote]Charleston S.C. is incredibly racist and segregated.

The parts I saw were clean, safe and beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 21408/30/2013

R216, your post does not contradict the quoted post.

by Anonymousreply 21508/30/2013

I hope the woman who felt "threatened" gets her pussy bitten!

by Anonymousreply 21608/30/2013

Well, R215, at least you admit it goes on (and why).

by Anonymousreply 21708/30/2013

I hate when black patrons are kicked out of a restaurant because a white woman feels threatened.

by Anonymousreply 21808/30/2013

Let's all calm down now with a delicious cup of Sanka decaffeinated coffee at Chicken Bone Beach!

by Anonymousreply 21908/30/2013

And a nice side of some...

by Anonymousreply 22008/30/2013

I am R21 and I completely disown any association with R22 and his post. Please do not kill me.

by Anonymousreply 22108/30/2013

I meant R221 and R222

by Anonymousreply 22208/30/2013

Happens all the time!

by Anonymousreply 22308/30/2013

They were celebrating a birthday.

by Anonymousreply 22408/30/2013

This thread is spiraling, spiraling, spiraling into a deep black hole from which neither light nor reason can escape.

by Anonymousreply 22508/30/2013

by Anonymousreply 22608/30/2013

Bad patrons!

No cookies for you!

by Anonymousreply 22808/31/2013

[quote]Of course, they also backed into the parking space, so that their license plate is obscured for outstanding warrants.

LOL, the two obnoxious, agendized black people at my place of employment do this. No one else, even the other blacks, do.

by Anonymousreply 22910/19/2013

How much tip were they going to leave?

by Anonymousreply 23002/21/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!