Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mika Brzezinski: Miley Cyrus VMA Performance 'Disturbing,' 'Disgusting,' 'Pathetic'

Miley Cyrus does not have a fan in Mika Brzezinski.

These were some of the things Brzezinski had to say:

"That was really, really disturbing."

"That young lady, who is 20, is obviously deeply troubled, deeply disturbed...probably has an eating disorder."

"That was disgusting and embarrassing."

Video:

by Anonymousreply 5908/31/2013

[quote]"That young lady, who is 20, is obviously deeply troubled, deeply disturbed...[bold]probably has an eating disorder."[/bold]

Oh, my SIDES!

by Anonymousreply 108/26/2013

Shut the fuck up, Mika. You never have anything of value to say.

by Anonymousreply 208/26/2013

Wow! This is coming from a girl with an eating disorder and Achy Breaky Sharts.

by Anonymousreply 308/26/2013

Mika is outraged. And this time, she's right. Well, I don't know about the suggested Miley eating disorder, but the Miley's performance was crass, crude and inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 408/26/2013

Good going Mika, you've just given team Cyrus what they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 508/26/2013

Now where have we heard THAT before?

by Anonymousreply 608/26/2013

So Mika gives Miley more publicity, which is exactly why Miley did what she did. The question is: " Which "celebrity" will be the first to flash beaver on live tv?

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2013

Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black!

by Anonymousreply 808/26/2013

On "Morning Joe" Mika actually refused to let the producers play a clip of Miley's performance. I wonder if she sees some of her own objectification reflected back at her? Either way, I agree with her on the pathetic, depressing nature of the VMAs. American culture is truly at its nadir.

On a personal note, that Thicke ripoff-artist/loser grinding on Miley almost made me lose my lunch.

by Anonymousreply 908/26/2013

I'm sure Miley is thrilled to have pissed off people like Brezezinski, and is doubly thrilled that they're giving her all this free publicity.

But will all this flapdoodle really increase her record sales? I can't imagine anyone over the age of 12 being impressed by her awful VMA performance, nothing repels the cook kids like someone trying too hard.

by Anonymousreply 1008/26/2013

Mika's upset that she's stuck on a failed network.

by Anonymousreply 1108/26/2013

As her father, don't you think that Billy Ray Cyrus might be offended or at least uncomfortable to watch his daughter get simulatedly fucked anally by Robin Thicke?

What's wrong with this questionally talented little Miley trollop doing that on television?

by Anonymousreply 1208/26/2013

Mika Brzezinski? Is that a thing?

by Anonymousreply 1308/26/2013

Both Mika and Miley got to where they are because of their fathers. But, Miley has a modicum of talent.

by Anonymousreply 1408/26/2013

I always say I'm not going to bother to watch these tired award shows and everytime I do, I miss some stunt like this.

by Anonymousreply 1508/26/2013

I felt that Miley was being a bit desperate, she probably was taking pot.

by Anonymousreply 1608/26/2013

And Mika doesn't have an eating disorder? lol!

by Anonymousreply 1708/26/2013

It was rather disturbing. Mainly for that weird tongue lolling and freakish teddy bears.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 1808/26/2013

She was taking pot r16, I agree, it was obvious! And she might've overdosed on it too, if she'd consumed 1,500 pounds of it, the amount necessary to overdose on marijuana*.

*Courtesy of UberFacts on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 1908/26/2013

Doubt she was toked up. If anything, she was on MDMA.

by Anonymousreply 2008/26/2013

No she inhaled r20, marijuana smoke, that's how much of a unrepentant deviant she is!!!

by Anonymousreply 2108/26/2013

Go to your local beer joint and you'll find at least one person behaving like Miley did last night, with teddy bears and everything.

The girl is obviously a major hophead.

by Anonymousreply 2208/26/2013

Indeed, r21 -- thank goodness our beloved former Pres Clinton didn't inhale!

by Anonymousreply 2308/26/2013

Wow she really went there with that eating disorder comment.

by Anonymousreply 2408/26/2013

Miley was dancing with Molly.

by Anonymousreply 2508/26/2013

What a bunch old farts complaining about the young kids and their rock and/or roll.

That's what's hilarious.

Nothing Miley did at VMAs wasn't anything we haven't seen before.

Clench those dust pearls, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 2608/26/2013

[quote]What a bunch old farts complaining about the young kids and their rock and/or roll.

How dare you? Miley's performance was cheap!

by Anonymousreply 2708/26/2013

Joe didn't like it either...

by Anonymousreply 2808/26/2013

There was no way Joe could disagree with Mika. She scared all the men on there.

Miley's performance was embarrassingly too try hard, just like that one girlfriend who tries so hard to be cool and comes across as the opposite. But I don't know if I'd go from there to anorexia.

It was probably a very calculated performance designed to get her talked about and it worked. Every story on the VMA is about her. Plus she's got two songs in the top 10 on itunes so I doubt she's worried about Mika's concerns.

by Anonymousreply 2908/26/2013

"Nothing Miley did at VMAs wasn't anything we haven't seen before."

True. The only thing remarkable about her performance was how badly done it was. Seriously, the girl can NOT move, her dance moves are as awkward as a straight man's.

Lady Gaga looked like a prima ballerina by comparison, and Gaga can't dance for shit.

by Anonymousreply 3008/27/2013

She must have been REALLY hungry that morning.

"For lunch I was at P.J. Clarke's. I had a grilled-chicken sandwich with avocado aïioli and cole slaw on five-grain bread. I had water to drink — water, water, water all the time. I barely ever drink any juice"

"I had my Starbucks and my two Kind bars, and a few Morning Joe mugs of hot water. I have mugs of hot water every morning because the studio is cold, and also because it makes my throat sound clearer."

"Lunch was an arugula salad that I made at home. I use an organic strawberry dressing; it's so good. I had some broccoli rabe that I make using a recipe from [NBC anchor] Andrea Mitchell. It involves white wine; it's delicious.

Dinner was an omelette of six egg whites, fresh spinach, and a little bit of cheese — probably Swiss. I had water."

"After my run I had yogurt with granola and dried almonds. It's really high-protein, high-energy. It's a big bowl, probably a cup and a half, and it just gives me everything i need and nothing I don't need in terms of fat and protein — there's some good fat, lots of protein. It serves as a breakfast and a lunch. Later on I had some gelato — I'm at a weight right now where I can afford to do that; "

"My Starbucks red-eye misto, and then instead of Kind bars I had two bites of Grape Nuts — warm, with honey. They're so yummy. I had my four Morning Joe mugs of hot water.

Lunch was a huge, two-quart arugula salad with fresh Parmesan cheese, fresh pears, and then I put the dressing in and put Saran wrap over it and shake it so every leaf gets that yummy dressing on it."

by Anonymousreply 3108/27/2013

The problem is that her tongue was coated. She should have checked that out before she went onstage.

by Anonymousreply 3208/27/2013

"So Bad, So Sad… It Wasn’t Even Art"

by Anonymousreply 3308/27/2013

[quote]Mainly for that weird tongue lolling and freakish teddy bears.

I actually liked the bears. They made it seem like a very trippy rave.

by Anonymousreply 3408/27/2013

The only thing that is disturbing, disgusting and pathetic are people who pretend to be journalists giving this non-story so much attention.

by Anonymousreply 3508/27/2013

Imagine all of the stupid things you did at twenty. This poor woman won't live this down, all because she has poor management who gave her bad advice.

Someone should have told her not to go onstage almost nude, because for a young woman her body seems odd and awkward. She didn't achieve her goal because she isn't a sexy person. Someone could have nicely suggested a more toned-down performance.

And I find it astounding that no one checked her tongue for her. How could they not do that?

Look, I'm not opposed to weird performances done for artistic or sensual merit, but this show just wasn't made for Miley. She couldn't pull it off. Her management should have seen to it.

by Anonymousreply 3608/27/2013

r36: Everything you say is sensible, but it's been a long time since Miley heard the word "no."

Oh, and then there's all that cocaine . . .

by Anonymousreply 3708/27/2013

I'm pretty sure that her "management" is her mother, R38. It makes it all even creepier, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 3808/27/2013

It was really bad, like when someone tells a retarded person to do something wrong "because it's really cool" and the poor retarded kid does it thinking it makes her cool.

by Anonymousreply 3908/27/2013

Next?

by Anonymousreply 4008/27/2013

I thought Miley's performance was obnoxious, but Mika's "Won't somebody PLEEEEEEEASE think about the children?" pearl-clutching act is just making sure that more and more performers pull stunts like this again next year.

by Anonymousreply 4108/27/2013

Here is Mika instructing the Today show directors not to show a clip of the performance "on MY segment." She was a substitute panelist, one of four people discussing the performance. Bitch please

by Anonymousreply 4208/27/2013

Where is my fucking hot water?!!

by Anonymousreply 4308/27/2013

So many people are comparing Miley's VMA performance to Madonna's "Like A Virgin" on th 1984 MTV awards. Well, guess what. Miley looked like she was having a blast! She was smiling and mugging to the camera with her tongue, I loved her energy. She young! Take a look Madonna's performance. Do not tell me she doesn't have 'dead-eyes' syndrome. She looked bored like she had no idea what she was doing. As I recall, she even admitted years after that performance she hadn't planned on rolling around on the floor.

GO MILEY! LIVE YOUR LIFE!

by Anonymousreply 4408/28/2013

Madonna's performance of Like A Virgin on MTV was a classic, Miley's was desperate and sad.

by Anonymousreply 4508/28/2013

I agree, R36.

R42, when Morning Joe first began airing, Mika was just a lowly copy reader. As I recall, her promotion to co-anchor was after she refused to read a Paris Hilton story on air. I believe she actually shredded the pages in some big theatrical show of self-righteous indignation and sanctimonious outrage. She was a sight to behold in all her attention-whoring glory.

As others have mentioned, M&M got their "foot in the door" because of their respective fathers, but it would seem neither is beneath a little grandstanding to keep their name in the news.

by Anonymousreply 4608/28/2013

I think Mika might be disturbed about the feeling she got in what might pass as her "lady-parts" while watching the performance. This is the first time she has had a feeling shared by other human beings. Mika is Pinnochio finding out he's a real boy.

by Anonymousreply 4708/28/2013

Please get the pronunciation right.

It's "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE kuh Brzezezeinezezeksksnskeee."

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 4808/28/2013

When are these pale white bithes going away? Ugh!!!

by Anonymousreply 4908/30/2013

Mika is an Obamabot who's addicted to Ambien and God knows what else. Why are we even talking about her?

by Anonymousreply 5008/30/2013

I laughed when Mika was doing some segment on prescription addictions 2 weeks ago and was asking the panel "Sooooo ... who does Ambien?" You could hear crickets in the studio. She kept goading the panelists like "C'mon, seriously, I know you guys do Ambien." They just stared at her incredulously. Awkward.

by Anonymousreply 5108/30/2013

Um, why did my post get edited?

by Anonymousreply 5208/30/2013

Mika just talked about this, because she has no clue about what's going on with domestic or foreign policy in this country. As I said in another post, this type of performance has been going on for awhile. I still don't understand why this was singled out and, yes, I've read the reasons. They just all seem stupid to me. But it allowed Mika to say a few things instead of a constant stream of Joe.

by Anonymousreply 5308/30/2013

Mika et al,need to shut the fuck up and go to bed! Have to go back &read thread but,EVERYBODY needs to STFU about this. It's so creepy how the whole country starting with "the media" collectively take the pulse of any given situation,to see which way the wind's blowing,and off they go. My better half mentioned that Brooke Shields weighed in on the Today Show,and called Miley "desperate"&raunchy! The first thing I thought was WTF does someone who started her career topless at 12 years old espousing that "nothing gets between me & my Calvin's " get the fucking nerve to take this girl down? I thought Miley Cyrus looked really cute at the VMA's. she's young & hot & the window of how long each of us gets to look and feel like that is a very small one!

by Anonymousreply 5408/30/2013

So much sick and perverted music out there. MTV glorifies the profane and immoral.

by Anonymousreply 5508/31/2013

They also show dirty pillows, r55!

by Anonymousreply 5608/31/2013

No one on FOX has a sense of humor. They just tsk tsk everything.

by Anonymousreply 5708/31/2013

R57, Mika isn't on Fox. MSNBC is pretty damn good at the tsking, too.

by Anonymousreply 5808/31/2013

I'm a middle aged straight woman who watches Morning Joe everyday and even I think Mika has lost it.

by Anonymousreply 5908/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.