Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Interesting article Vanity Fair

The behind scenes is more interesting than the show. I don't recall seeing this article before.

Hope you enjoy

by Anonymousreply 1709/02/2013

THAT is 30 minutes of my life I will never have again!!!! What a completely vapid and clueless woman. You thought that article was interesting? In what way?

by Anonymousreply 108/26/2013

Thanks, very interesting read.

by Anonymousreply 208/26/2013

It was...ok.

by Anonymousreply 308/26/2013

Tu

by Anonymousreply 409/01/2013

Thanks for sharing. I thought it was a very interesting read myself. R1 Did somebody twist your arm to lose that 30 minutes of your life? You were clueless to not quit reading sooner if you didn't like it.

by Anonymousreply 509/01/2013

"Madam, would you like your roach?"

That was funny.

by Anonymousreply 609/01/2013

r5 I'm always willing to give an article/review/book a certain amount of leeway, if it's been recommended. I was waiting for the interesting part to begin-it never arrived. She never fucked Carson. She didn't turn out to be a tranny. Not even a bombshell at the end. Another tale of a self-absorbed bitch, in an ivory tower. You can read all the other tales like that that come along, and you're welcome to MY share. Happy reading.

by Anonymousreply 709/01/2013

I thought it was a great read, OP. Thanks for pointing it out.

by Anonymousreply 809/01/2013

Your welcome lovey

by Anonymousreply 909/01/2013

Thanks for the link, why is no one saying what the article is about? It's about the wife of Freddie de Cordova, the TV producer (The Tonight Show, Burns and Allen, etc).

The most interesting part is that Freddie was likely gay!

by Anonymousreply 1009/02/2013

Typical vanity fair article about people with too much money. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 1109/02/2013

That picture reminds me of one Diane Arbus took of Brenda Frazier.

by Anonymousreply 1209/02/2013

Thanks for posting, OP. In the end, the story is rather touching. The article has been optioned by HBO.

by Anonymousreply 1309/02/2013

Discussion of the article at NYSD.

If you enjoyed OP's link (I did!), you'll enjoy this as well.

by Anonymousreply 1409/02/2013

Of course none of her Hollywood friends was there for her at the end. Those friendships are not real. Of anyone, she should have known that best. She was a gold digging, Hollywood social climber--only interested in parties and shopping.

by Anonymousreply 1509/02/2013

[quote]Thanks for the link, why is no one saying what the article is about?

Typical of people at DL to post a link and make you guess what it's about.

by Anonymousreply 1609/02/2013

I loved hearing about ANYTHING to do with the backstage stories of old Hollywood, particularly Carson because he was such a contradiction. So different privately than his public self. But, lord, Freddie De Cordova's wife? Honey, there was NOTHING interesting about her. Vapid is right. A behind the scenes nobody who lived off her husband's money all her days. Why did she deserve an entire Vanity Fair article?

by Anonymousreply 1709/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.