Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

TIME censors stories for US markets

Still think we live in a free society. We're no more informed than the people of China on world events- because the Media CEOs don't want people to be aware of the world.

by Anonymousreply 1205/19/2014

They're not censoring... they dumb it down for us.

by Anonymousreply 108/26/2013

OP, take a class in critical thinking sometime.

by Anonymousreply 308/26/2013

R2-

Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 405/17/2014

This is very bad. Who is telling them to do it? Who is pulling the cover strings?

by Anonymousreply 505/19/2014

R5, do you really have to ask?

by Anonymousreply 605/19/2014

This article is many years old. We had a thread about it ages ago. Also, it is the cover that is changed, not the articles.

by Anonymousreply 705/19/2014

Since not everyone on here is a Crypt Keeper who has been around for ages there is no reason not to discuss it now.

The cover change is objectionable, it caters to self absorbed Americans.

by Anonymousreply 805/19/2014

If you are turning to Time magazine so to be aware of the world, then you get what you deserve.

by Anonymousreply 905/19/2014

Forty years ago TIME magazine was packed with long articles in small print. Today it's full of pictures and graphics and large print. It looks like an elementary school version of its former self.

And like all other Mainstream Media sources, it's a propaganda megaphone for the ruling class that only poses as objective journalism.

by Anonymousreply 1005/19/2014

I wonder what the future of media and news journalism is, considering the internet and stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1105/19/2014

[quote]Forty years ago TIME magazine was packed with long articles in small print. Today it's full of pictures and graphics and large print. It looks like an elementary school version of its former self.

Does it really have large print now? I haven't seen a print copy of Time in years. I thought the trend was toward smaller print and cheaper, thinner paper since the newspaper/magazine industry is heading down the tubes. I thought that my middle-aged eyesight was just getting poor, but I began to notice letters to the editor from people complaining about the shrinking print.

by Anonymousreply 1205/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.