Actors Who Are Pro-Life

Aside from the Country Music Industry, actors who are open about being Pro-Life

Margaret Colin

Kate Mulgrew

Patricia Heaton

Jim Caviezel

Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 3609/02/2013

R2 would you say the same about people who are anti-same-sex marriage?

by Anonymousreply 308/26/2013

R4 yes

by Anonymousreply 508/26/2013

they are anti-abortion not "pro life"

by Anonymousreply 608/26/2013

[quote]People are entitled to their opinions and views.

Yes, R2, everyone has the right to be a fuckwitted moron and I will defend that right to the death.

As long as these asswipes don't try to impose their religious prohibitions on others, they can be anti-air for all I care.

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2013

[quote] Yeah, personally I don't care, as long as they don't attempt to legislate their views. Has any of these actors attempted to do so?

This is a bit off-topic, I recall that several years ago Patricia Heaton used her pro-life views in a commercial that opposed embryonic stem cell research. She also whined about Michael J. Fox's support of embryonic stem cell research.

by Anonymousreply 908/26/2013

Jordin Sparks

by Anonymousreply 1008/26/2013

R6 Wrong. If I'm pro-choice am I anti-life or pro-abortion then? No.A lot of those pro-life people are anti-abortion and anti-death penalty as well.

by Anonymousreply 1208/26/2013

R11, it's more likely that if there were actually a traceable gay gene then that would make homophobic fundies, who might become parents to these gay fetuses, to rethink their attitude towards homosexuality.

That's a more likely scenario, especially since the anti-gay and anti-abortion crowds overlap an awful lot. In fact, it's very likely that someone who doesn't like gays also opposes abortion.

As for your plan "that people should undergo psychological testing before they are allowed to procreate" that kinda contradicts your anti-abortion message: if who gives birth should be controlled then the ability to terminate a pregnancy should also be possible.

And, the actors listed are not "pro-life", they are anti-abortion and anti-choice: they are seeking to control other people's lives.

by Anonymousreply 1308/26/2013

Baba Booey.

by Anonymousreply 1408/26/2013

"I have a question: if a "gay gene" is ever discovered and women decide that it is their right to abort gay fetuses, because they couldn't love a gay child, will everyone still support the right of women to "choose"?"

Of course I'd still support the right to choose. I firmly believe that every sane adult has the right to control over their own body, to make their own medical decisions, and to decide what gets to live inside it.

I find your attitude odd, at the very least. You don't trust women to decide whether or not to birth other humans, yet you seem to expect them to raise the children they didn't want, as you offer no alternative. Yes, I'm pro-choice even if the decision is made for very bad reasons, because what becomes of a gay child who is born to homophobes? It could easily end up wishing it had never been born.

by Anonymousreply 1508/26/2013

Blythe Danner, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 1608/26/2013

You're the one who's wrong, R12.

Most so-called pro-lifers seem to be warmongers who cheer on brown babies getting blown to smithereens in some third world nation that did nothing wrong... or do their lives not count?

by Anonymousreply 1708/26/2013

Those who are genuinely pro-life do not believe that anyone have the right to take away another's life. That includes abortion, war, euthanasia and the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 1808/26/2013

KATED MULGREW.....REALLY ? OH NO....

by Anonymousreply 1908/26/2013

They are anti-choice*.

by Anonymousreply 2008/26/2013

No, not Margo!

by Anonymousreply 2108/26/2013

But defending life can sometimes be very difficult says another honoree, Kate Mulgrew, star and Captain in the television series Star Trek: Voyager.

"I practiced my belief at great cost to myself," the actress told the American Feminist, a publication of Feminists for Life. Mulgrew had become pregnant at an early age and decided to place her baby girl for adoption. They were reunited two years ago.

She said that though "adoption or abortion almost always promises the mother a legacy of shame and regret, I have to be frank about my experience, I survived it. Women often don't believe that they can survive nine months of pregnancy and place the child with an adoptive family. Life is not always easy."

by Anonymousreply 2208/26/2013

[R7], you don't sound very intelligent yourself.

Aww, what a sweet, christian thing to write.

[quote]There are intelligent, educated people on both sides of the issue.

No, there really aren't but I will defend to the death your right to say that there are, as long as you don't try to impose your religious prohibitions on others.

by Anonymousreply 2308/26/2013

R24 why do you say that?

by Anonymousreply 2508/26/2013

"Feminists for Life" is an oxymoron. You can't claim to be a feminist while being anti-choice.

by Anonymousreply 2608/26/2013

I wonder if the celebrity pro-lifers also support the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 2708/26/2013

R14 Howard Stern's penis.

Pro-lifers are morons.

by Anonymousreply 2808/26/2013

[quote]Aside from the Country Music Industry, actors

Um.

by Anonymousreply 2908/26/2013

Think whatever you please, R30. No one is stopping or even impeding you.

Make one move towards turning anti-choice thoughts into anti-choice laws and that's where we part company.

by Anonymousreply 3108/26/2013

R30, you're entitled to your opinion, unless it involves telling me what I can and can't do with my own body. If you want to tell me what to do, then I get to decide what you can do with your body. Start with a lobotomy.

by Anonymousreply 3208/26/2013

Enid Nelson of Datalounge. She's always in these threads bitching about abortion. She's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 3308/27/2013

Duck Dynasty are anti-privacy.

by Anonymousreply 3408/27/2013

Caaarrrllll.... That Kiiiilllllsssss People!!

by Anonymousreply 3508/27/2013

any others?

by Anonymousreply 3609/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.