Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think I should visit New York (I'm from Toronto)?

Is New York that much different from Toronto? I've always wanted to see the big apple or the City that never sleeps. But my friend who's been there said that he was deeply disappointed and that Toronto is actually better than New York.

by Anonymousreply 1408/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 108/26/2013

Get ready.

by Anonymousreply 208/26/2013

I wonder if the poster from that other thread got to try IHOP'S chocolate chocolate chip pancakes.

I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 308/26/2013

OP, if you go do not call it "The Big Apple" or "The City That Never Sleeps" or you will be laughed all the way back north.

by Anonymousreply 408/26/2013

I'm from Toronto and have been to New York. I guess it depends on what your friend was looking for, but New York is a major destination across multiple what way did he find Toronto better?

by Anonymousreply 508/26/2013

OP, why don't you just go and figure it out for yourself, regardless of what your friend thinks? Different people have different opinions. And -- ohmygod -- even if you end up preferring Toronto, you'll have formed your own informed opinion and done a little traveling.

Seeing the world is a good thing, sweetcheeks.

by Anonymousreply 608/26/2013

I've lived in both cities. (Am currently a NYC resident). You should definitely visit the Big Apple. But do some homework before you come. Don't end up in the usual tourist traps.

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2013

Assuming you're not a troll trying to stir up some Toronto-hate ....

... I live in Toronto and visit New York every chance I get. I love it. It's become a bit Disney-fied in recent years, but it's still an amazing city. It's mythologicial. It's in a league of its own and you can't compare it to any other city.

I love Toronto too, but nothing compares to New York. The culture, the neighbourhoods, the intensity, the street life, the whole New Yorkiness of it all ....

by Anonymousreply 808/26/2013

Yeah I like Toronto just fine and the people are certainly friendlier but as a city it doesn't really hold a candle to New York.

by Anonymousreply 908/26/2013

[quote] But my friend who's been there said that he was deeply disappointed and that Toronto is actually better than New York.

Wait. OP has a friend who has actually been to New York? I hope someday that I might aspire to touch his robes, just for a second.

by Anonymousreply 1008/26/2013

Toronto is a frumpy city with a fugly, drunk, crack-addicted mayor, a collection of housing-boom cheap-looking condo towers, and a pathetic lakefront they've been trying to develop for 30 years but can't seem to actually develop.

Stay away from New York, you won't be able to handle the shock.

by Anonymousreply 1108/26/2013

New York is astounding. But Toronto and Montreal are much more liveable, even for the gays.

by Anonymousreply 1208/26/2013

R8 drank the Kool-Aid. Just what exactly is so great about New York? You do realize that most big cities in the world have more street life than New York?

by Anonymousreply 1308/26/2013

New York is the most stupendous city in the entire history of mankind. Nothing can compare. So, stop trying to do so, or we will start another fake thread to let everybody know that we rule and always will.

by Anonymousreply 1408/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!