Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Scott Bakula cast in HBO's gay-themed series 'Looking'

Fresh off of his Emmy-nominated performance in HBO's Liberace biopic "Behind the Candelabra," Scott Bakula has found a new gig with the cable network.

Bakula has been cast in the upcoming series "Looking," about a trio of friends living in San Francisco and exploring the fun and sometimes overwhelming options available to a new generation of gay men.

Bakula, who'll recur in several episodes of the eight-episode series, will play an attractive entrepreneur and pillar of the Castro community.

Michael Lannan ("Remember Me") is writing and co-executive producing the project, while Andrew Haigh ("Weekend"), directed the pilot and is also executive producing. Sarah Condon and David Marshall Grant are also among the executive producers.

In addition to Bakula, the "Looking" cast includes "Glee" star Jonathan Groff, Frankie J. Alvarez ("Smash") and Murray Bartlett ("Guiding Light").

by Anonymousreply 1208/26/2013

"Bakula, who'll recur in several episodes of the eight-episode series"

Judging by his previous roles in Quantum Leap and Enterprise, by episode 4, he'll be running the show, and his character will be revealed as the saviour of mankind...

by Anonymousreply 108/26/2013

Murray Bartlett is hot and out. I'll be watching.

Any idea when this first airs ?

by Anonymousreply 208/26/2013

Whew...for a minute there I thought this "Frankie J Alvarez" person was the awful actor who played Ellis on "Smash"....

by Anonymousreply 308/26/2013

R2, it's supposed to premiere sometime in 2014.

by Anonymousreply 408/26/2013

And speaking of San Francisco. Would it be fair to say the weather sucks there?

by Anonymousreply 508/26/2013

Is this a 70s period series or current day?

Has anyone considered a San Francisco in the 70's gay-themed series? Maybe like "Tales of the City"?

by Anonymousreply 608/26/2013

Yes, R5, it's fair to say. I visited SF for the first time ever a couple of years ago, and while it is very beautiful, it's also colder than a witch's tit. I do love that you can be in one part of town and it's cold, damp and foggy, and then drive across town and it's as bright and crisp as a spring day.

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2013

I preferred winter in Montana over any day in SF. The weather truly sucks.

by Anonymousreply 808/26/2013

Bakula plays gay very well.

by Anonymousreply 908/26/2013

Scott Bakula hotness singing to Sondheim!

by Anonymousreply 1008/26/2013

Scott interviewed just the other day

by Anonymousreply 1108/26/2013

I'm skeptical of this series but I really hope it surprises me and is actually good.

by Anonymousreply 1208/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.