Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hawaii travel?

I have a chance to work in Hawai for three months. I can more or less choose where I go, though it needs to be a city with a hospital. Where should I go?

by Anonymousreply 908/28/2013

Three months will seem like a very long time on a small island, so the smaller, less populated islands probably aren't the best way to go. For myself, I'd probably go to the Big Island, because I could divide my spare time between the ocean, volcano, rain forests, mountains, deserts, etc. Plenty of nature to see there.

Someone who loves cities might be happier on Oahu. What sort of things do you like?

by Anonymousreply 108/26/2013

Variety is most important I guess. Having access to a big city and nature would be ideal.

by Anonymousreply 208/26/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 308/26/2013

stay in Oahu and live on the east coast near Kailua beach.

by Anonymousreply 408/26/2013

Any thoughts about Honolulu?

by Anonymousreply 508/26/2013

Hilo is too rainy, although it is cheap.

Kona-Kailua would be better.

by Anonymousreply 608/26/2013

If you need to have access to a REAL hospital, then that narrows it down to only Oahu. As R2 said, what sorts of things do you like to do?

In descending order of nightlife: Oahu, Maui, Hawaii, Kauai

In descending order of outdoor activities: Hawaii, Oahu, Maui, Kauai

Hawaii and Kauai are so slow-paced that most businesses close by 9pm...

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 808/26/2013

I enjoyed my first trip to Hawaii, but on repeat visits, I found the islands to be almost depressing. There isn't anything to do but lay on the beach and surf. That's fine for a few days, but then I can't wait to get back to civilization.

by Anonymousreply 908/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.