Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING BAD: Season 5, Episode 11 - "CONFESSIONS"

Jesse decides to make a change, but can’t be protected by the DEA if he talks. Walt might let Jesse live, but Lydia wouldn’t. He might let Hank have a cryptic heads up about “treading lightly.”Lydia has to choose between Walt or Jesse to improve the quality of meth, but if she chooses wrong it could be deadly for her.

by Anonymousreply 14808/29/2013

I can't fucking believe that Jesse turned on Walt. Oh wait.. yes I can

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2013

Nothing ??!!

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2013

I'm glad that Hank is temporarily blocked. He went from bumbling macho cop to supersleuth last season and it was irritating and unlikely.

And Walt did start out doing this for his family. He's not a psychopath but has evolved sociopathic tendencies due to some extraordinary circumstances. That doesn't mean he no longer cares for his family. He would have been a much more effective Heisenberg if he'd ditched them long ago. And he would have offed Hank - not even a blood relation - if he was completely gone. He still has a little further to fall.

Hank isn't a hero either. He wants to get Walt because of his own ego, not because (or not merely because) he's a moral person.

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2013

Lydia's as ruthless as Walt. I wonder if she will get even with Skylar for throwing her out of the car wash. Skylar's proving to be very tough - look how she handled Hank and Marie. She's not breaking under extreme pressure.

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2013

That was like "BreakingBad Mountain" when Walter went to Jesse to calm him down and wound up wrapping his arms around him and hugging him close.

But, Jesse knows how to quit Walter:

First, you get a can of gasoline....

by Anonymousreply 508/25/2013

My jaw literally dropped open twice during this show. So intense.

by Anonymousreply 608/25/2013

The house wasn't burned in the flash forward was it? Someone must get to Jesse before he lights the match.

by Anonymousreply 708/25/2013

Great episode. Edge of seat the whole time. Loved Walt's " confession".

by Anonymousreply 808/25/2013

Are there any good Breaking Bad recaps online?

by Anonymousreply 908/25/2013

I bet it's Walt Jr. who stops him.

by Anonymousreply 1008/25/2013

Love how Walt flipped the confession, Heisenberg is a fucking genius.

by Anonymousreply 1108/26/2013

Loved this episode. Aaron Paul never ceases to amaze.

So bummed there aren't more posts.

by Anonymousreply 1208/26/2013

I can understand Jesse's rage but burning down the house seems a little extreme...

by Anonymousreply 1308/26/2013

I must be in the minority because Jesse gets on my nerves, he is a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 1408/26/2013

Amazing, compelling, dynamic episode. This show is really a masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 1508/26/2013

Hank doesn't have any concrete proof to put Walt behind bars and I don't think Jesse will spill on Walt because he hates Hank for beating him senseless.

What I think is Todd will be arrested and spill on Walt. Noticed how he was bragging about stealing s train and then they showed that he was heading back to New Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 1608/26/2013

I agree, Todd even said Mr. White when he was talking about the train robbery in the diner. That clan are loose cannons.

by Anonymousreply 1708/26/2013

r9 -

by Anonymousreply 1808/26/2013

One of the best episodes of television ever. Seriously. That confession? Who'd've thunk it?

by Anonymousreply 1908/26/2013

I loved Saul breaking in on Hank with Jesse and threatening him with a civil lawsuit

by Anonymousreply 2008/26/2013

Can someone expain what went down when Jesse pulled out the pack of ciggarettes and noticed the ricin was gone?

He busted into Saul's office and beat him up. Why? What did Saul do? I remember Walt breaking into Jesse's and stealing the ricin.

And why did Jesse know to blame Walt ? I must have missed something.

by Anonymousreply 2108/26/2013

I'm glad someone else feels that way, R14. I know he's a fan favorite, but he irritates me most of the time. He's too impulsive and a bit of an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2208/26/2013

[quote]Can someone expain what went down when Jesse pulled out the pack of ciggarettes and noticed the ricin was gone?

He didn't. Last season (?) he thought he'd lost the ricin cigarette and was in a panic about it. He never found it. (In fact Walt had it.)

In this new episode, when he searched his pocket he realized the pot he'd put in his pocket was gone. He realized the big black security guard must have taken it off him. Then he realized, they must have picked my pocket and stolen the ricin cigarette from me too. So he went back and confronted Saul about it.

In fact, Walt didn't use the ricin to poison the boy, he used something different made from lily of the valley. But he still has the ricin cigarette hidden behind an outlet in his house.

It is definitely a stretch on their part to expect the audience to remember the guard picking Jesse's pocket.

by Anonymousreply 2308/26/2013

Jesse was looking for his pot and realized Huell picked his pockets. Then he realized Huell probably did the same thing when he couldn't find the cigarettes with the ricin. Saul had ordered Huell to pick his pockets then, following Walt's instructions.

Jesse has now come to realize Walt is capable of poisoning a child. He knows Walt killed Mike so he's capable of anything. There was also that scene after Todd killed the boy in the bike and Walt was not even phased by it, he started whistling while he was working.

by Anonymousreply 2408/26/2013

Jesse gets on my nerves too. He's an addict and mentally unstable, I'm surprised that Walt kept him as a partner. I didn't understand why in Season 4, Gus would rather kill Walt over Jesse. Jesse is unpredictable.

by Anonymousreply 2508/26/2013

On the other hand, Jesse would probably never have blown Gus up.

by Anonymousreply 2608/26/2013

My take on it, R25 is that, as Walt has evolved into sociopath, his reasons for keeping Jesse have evolved as well. At first, I do think Walt had feelings of loyalty and fatherly protectiveness toward Jesse. Now, Walt believes he can manipulate anyone, especially lost, needy Jesse. Even when Jesse knows Walt is working him, all Walt has to do is hug him and Jesse breaks down. At a certain point, Walt found it useful to have someone (even someone who is an unstable addict) around that he knew he could manipulate into just about anything.

by Anonymousreply 2708/26/2013

Did anyone else think the ride Jesse was waiting for was a guy who wasn't going to help him disappear to Alaska to start a new life- but an assassin Walt had Saul hire to make Jesse "disappear" for good?

By not getting in that car Jesse saved his own life. Anyway this is an argument that's going on on some other message boards.

by Anonymousreply 2808/26/2013

Yes, Jesse is marked.

Walt's "confession" twist was jaw-dropping. I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 2908/26/2013

I thought about that, R28, but why bother taking Jesse's weed if he's just going to be killed? Huell picked Jesse's pocket and took his stash at some point. Saul said that the guy who would provide Jesse with the new identity wouldn't take him if he was high. If you're going to kill someone, why not let him get baked? It seems like it would make him easier to kill.

by Anonymousreply 3008/26/2013

The show has lost me. Walt's 'confession' meant nothing without proof...

by Anonymousreply 3108/26/2013

R23, didn't Walt pretend to suddenly find the Ricin cigarette at Jesse's one day when they were both looking for it? Or am I misremembering that?

by Anonymousreply 3208/26/2013

It was a threat R23 and a clever one. It showed how messy Walt and Skylar are willing to make this if Hank tries to start anything without having a rock solid case which is clearly doesn't have.

I too think Walt Jr might step outside and interact with Jesse.

I don't remember the house looking burned down, fucked up yes, but not noticeably burned.

by Anonymousreply 3308/26/2013

R32 - yes. I think he did it so that Jesse would let it go and they could get back to cooking meth.

by Anonymousreply 3408/26/2013

R30 has a point.

It's complicated to think that Walt wanted Jesse to live but just go away. I think that's the case. Walt needs to believe that Jesse would do anything for him, including just disappear.

I don't think Walt wants to kill anyone else, especially now that he's this close to being known. But when push comes to shove and he knows that Jesse will threaten him— he will kill Jesse, no two thoughts about it.

[quote]It is definitely a stretch on their part to expect the audience to remember the guard picking Jesse's pocket.

Um, hence the extended explanation by Jesse in the next scene.

by Anonymousreply 3508/26/2013

I meant to refer to R31 in my post obviously.

by Anonymousreply 3608/26/2013

r31. The main point of that confession was to highlight the fact that Marie and Hank have both profited from Walt's drug money. Hank had no idea that Marie took money from them.

Hank essentially saying, 'if I go down, I'm dragging you all down with me, kicking and screaming.'

It's amazing how alike Hank and Walt are in some ways. They both are in their current mess because their pride refused to accept money from other parties for their health care.

by Anonymousreply 3708/26/2013

God, I completely missed seeing Jesse get pick pocketed. Thanks for tipping me off. I do think Walt Jr is home too. Will he survive? He was looking a bit worn out in this episode and I do wonder if Walt will have to pay somehow. That somehow being his son being killed.

by Anonymousreply 3808/26/2013

Details of the pickpocketing here. Upon playback you can see it clearly.

Another reason this is a brilliant show. It doesn't spoon feed the audience.

The writers work well in an age where EVERYTHING can be played back and watched over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 3908/26/2013

Thanks #39. I completely missed it the first time I watched the episode.

by Anonymousreply 4008/26/2013

Didn't Walt "find" the ricin cigarette in Jesse's roomba? I'm confused why the pickpocketing would tip Jesse off since this missing poison was found and it's not even the same poison used to poison that kid (who lived).

Also, how did it and up in Walt's wall outlet?

by Anonymousreply 4108/26/2013

They are certainly not letting up in these final episodes. It's going out as one of the best final seasons ever. I think maybe THE best. Such a sad moment with Jesse and Walt, during that hug to think of their entire, difficult relationship. Beautifully acted.

by Anonymousreply 4208/26/2013

Did Walt hide the resin there a few seasons back?

by Anonymousreply 4308/26/2013

Walt tried to get Jesse to believe that Gus was responsible for poisoning the kid at first. That is why he wanted the cig stolen so it would look suspicious.

However once it later came to light that it wasn't ricin the suspicion he used to manipulate Jesse had already served its purpose.

Then the ricin cig was "found" in Jesse's house and the whole thing was forgotten.

Until this past episode where Jesse connected the dots and realized it was a ruse to manipulate him. The funny thing is if you go back and look Jesse's first assumption was that Saul's guys pickpocketed the ricin for Walt, he was right all along.

by Anonymousreply 4408/26/2013

He put it there for safekeeping in the beginning of the season. Do you people actually watch this show? Damn.

by Anonymousreply 4508/26/2013

And to clarify for R41, the one they "found" in Jessie's apartment was a fake while Walt kept the real ricin cig in his house.

by Anonymousreply 4608/26/2013

Jesse believes that it was the ricin that poisoned the kid. It wasn't. We know that, but Jesse doesn't.

That said, his "aha!" moment was a little convenient. But no matter. The stage is finally set, though God only knows for what.

Aaron Paul and Dean Norris have moved to a new level this season.

by Anonymousreply 4708/26/2013

Remind me why Jesse had the ricin cigarette in the first place. Also, Walt convinced Jesse that Gus had stolen it, but how would have Gus known that he had it?

This was always the most unconvincing subplot of Breaking Bad, I'm sorry they've turned it into such a pivotal plot point. Still the best show on TV, though.

by Anonymousreply 4808/26/2013

My jaw dropped when they said Hank's medical bills were only $177k. That seems really low for all the private care, rehab and hospitalization.

by Anonymousreply 4908/26/2013

I have reached the point in life where I need either Cliff Notes or someone from DataLounge holding my hand as I watch this show. Old age is clearly not for sissies. I seem to miss half of everything these days.

by Anonymousreply 5008/26/2013

Doesn't anyone here have Netflix streaming? You can go back and watch the episodes to see how this was built up.

by Anonymousreply 5108/26/2013

[quote]Jesse believes that it was the ricin that poisoned the kid. It wasn't. We know that, but Jesse doesn't.

This is blatantly false. Jesse finds out it ended up being Lily, however for a while he was being convinced it was ricin used by Gus because Walt wanted Jesse on his side.

by Anonymousreply 5208/26/2013

Nope, R#51. I am not in the USA so no streaming.

by Anonymousreply 5308/26/2013

Something else:

When Jesse is beating up Saul, he says, " “The ricin cigarettes! He poisoned Brock and you… you helped him!”

But even if he realized that it was Huell that lifted the ricin cigarette, why would he connect that with the poisoning of Brock, since Brock wasn't poisoned by Ricin.

by Anonymousreply 5408/26/2013

Okay. I kind of remember now. Jesse was gonna poison Gus with the ricin but changed his mind.

by Anonymousreply 5508/26/2013

Exactly R55. Walt gave it to Jesse to poison Gus but Jesse was starting to grow close to Gus, and didn't even poison him when he had the opportunity.

Thus Walt's actions with Brock to get Jesse to hate Gus (it doesn't matter that Jesse later finds out it wasn't Gus but a flower because he has already helped Walt).

I get it is a little convoluted, but the show laid out everything.

by Anonymousreply 5608/26/2013

[quote]Jesse believes that it was the ricin that poisoned the kid. Even thought it wasn't— Jesse doesn't know that. BUT Walt DID actually poison and almost(?) kill the kid. So the point stands. Walt will do anything to manipulate people to his bidding, including harming kids.

Kids are Jesse's trigger. Walt knew that which why he poisoned Brock and framed Gus for it. He knew that would break Jesse's loyalty and budding admiration for Gus.

The fact that it wasn't actually the ricin may be beyond the point, unless Walt uses that little detail to keep Jesse from killing him somehow. "The devil is in the details" indeed. I keep waiting for that repeating line to come back somehow. There will be some payoff involving a minute detail.

What always amused me about the ricin plot, however, is the fact that Walt is a chemist. Why is he hiding this one little stash around when he could easily make some more if he needed it? it must be symbolic somehow. It's kinda the loaded gun of his relationship with Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 5708/26/2013

I wish the show would have done a little more with maria. I loved her stealing and her lying but we have seen so little of it. That color purple thing she has going on seems odd.

by Anonymousreply 5808/26/2013

Thinking about this more the ricin is rather symbolic because it's supposed to be a CLEAN and CONTROLLED way to kill someone without any detectable traces.

This ricin was the their first murder weapon that Walt created for Tuco— but that went all wrong and it ended up getting messy and it got the Cartel twing onto Hank opening a chain of events that would hurt and kill many, many people.

Every time Walt or Jess kill someone to end a problem the show gets more and more messy and chaotic and out of control. Yet Walt still seems to think there is a way to do it "cleanly".

Which reminds me of how Lydia didn't want to see the results of her order to kill all the meth dealers in the desert— closing her eyes to the bloody chaos as she stepped over their corpses.

by Anonymousreply 5908/26/2013

r58. they color purple is carried throughout the show. You'll see other characters often wearing purple shirts, ties, etc.

The color Green is another common symbol. I've been trying to detect a pattern. It seems that green symbolizes a decent of some kind where Purple is ... I don't know...

by Anonymousreply 6008/26/2013

It's a huge contrivance that Jesse would make this leap (through he's right) considering g the ricin wasn't used to poison the kid and Jesse knows this. It's a nitpick but this show is usually really good with this kind of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 6108/26/2013

It is also worth noting that Marie has switched to yellow the day that Hank discovered Walt for who he really is.

Heisenburg was also written in Yellow in the flash forward.

by Anonymousreply 6208/26/2013

Does Marie seem so much more substantial this season? Except for her lying and shoplifting she always seemed like an empty vessel waiting to be filled. I will need to think about her switch to yellow.

by Anonymousreply 6308/26/2013

Well, Marie has switched from purple to yellow. The colors of Easter. The colors of the resurrection.

by Anonymousreply 6408/26/2013

Marie has always been opinionated and very strong willed (and so has Skylar) to the point of being obnoxious. Her way or the highway.

Aaron Paul is acting his heart out - he should win an Emmy for his role (and so should Bryan Cranston and the guy who plays Saul).

by Anonymousreply 6508/26/2013

[quote]It's a huge contrivance that Jesse would make this leap (through he's right) considering g the ricin wasn't used to poison the kid and Jesse knows this. It's a nitpick but this show is usually really good with this kind of stuff.

The reasons Jesse would be able to make the connection are,

a) Jesse originally believe it was Huell that pick-pocketed him when he took the ricin.. but Walt talked him out of that idea. When it happened again- Jesse remembered the original event.

b) Jess knows that Walt killed Mike and all those dudes in prison. He knows Walt is manipulating him at every turn and was on the edge of truly hating Walt — he just couldn't bring himself to find a good enough reason. This was it.

c) Jesse always felt guilt about Brock. It's something that's been eating him up ever since so this has always been in the back of his mind. Brock and his Mom was the closest Jesse came to having a family — which makes Walt's lecture to him about getting a girl and having kids all the more nauseating. Jesse almost DID have a family and Walt destroyed it.

Jesse is finally putting together that every time he got close to someone that wasn't Walt— Walt destroyed them.

by Anonymousreply 6608/26/2013

[quote]Well, Marie has switched from purple to yellow. The colors of Easter. The colors of the resurrection.

The color of caution and danger.

by Anonymousreply 6708/26/2013

Marie has always seemed unfinished to me until just this season. She finally seems to be alive.

by Anonymousreply 6808/26/2013

ok - maybe it missed it, it's been a while since I watched previous seasons.

But, did Brock die? ANd why did Jessie break up with the mom?

by Anonymousreply 6908/26/2013

Hank is fucked either way. His only option is to work with Walt and/or tak over the drug business.

by Anonymousreply 7008/26/2013

And that would make Marie the queen of the cartel, she wants that money. They fired hanks boss just for knowing Fring.

by Anonymousreply 7108/26/2013

Yes and then Marie and Hank could star in Breaking Bad Again only this time the show would focus on Marie's joy of shoplifting.

by Anonymousreply 7208/26/2013

Brock did not die.

by Anonymousreply 7308/26/2013

When Jesse is in the interrogation room, both Hank and then Saul seem to turn the camera off. Interesting to see which one actually turned the camera back on....And, I loved the scene where Hank and Marie are watching Walt's "confession". The omnipresent purple shag rug is noticeably gone. Yes, Walt had pulled the rug right out from under them. God, I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 7408/26/2013

#74) A missing rug? I didn't notice but cool that you did.

by Anonymousreply 7508/26/2013

I was confused about the ricin vs. Lily of the Valley, too. R44 (trolldar for his other posts) does an excellent Job explaining it. I envy his memory.

Key points--

The reason Walt stole the ricin back from Jesse and poisoned Brock was to convince Jesse that Gus stole it and poisoned the kid. He did this to turn Jesse against Gus so Jesse would kill Gus. So even though the ricin wasn't used in the poisoning, its disappearance was a key part of the poisoning events.

Jesse has been suspicious of Walt about the poison story together all along. How did it show up in his Roomba vacuum after Walt convinced him that Gus stole it? Why did the poison turn out to be something relatively harmless that mimicked the symptoms of ricin poisoning? (Who would have the knowledge to arrange that?) But he didn't have proof so he remained suspicious and confused.

Realizing Saul and Huell helped Walt steal the ricin was the missing puzzle piece.

And what the poisoning story shows is how far Walt will go to manipulate Jesse--putting Brock's life at risk and destroying Jesse's home life in order to get Jesse to kill Gus. He realizes he's been used, Walt's concern for him is fake, Walt destroyed his family and Walt destroyed his soul.

Jesse has realized that Mr. White is the Satan in his life.

by Anonymousreply 7608/26/2013

There was almost no purple visible in the shot and Marie was wearing black.

by Anonymousreply 7708/26/2013

Jesse may have finally turned on Walt but I certainly haven't. Like Anne Frank I look for the good in people including Mr White.

by Anonymousreply 7808/26/2013

I miss the old, loveable, stupid Jesse. They've made him too smart.

by Anonymousreply 7908/26/2013

I keep feeling that something will happen the way it did in the House of Sand and Fog. That is someone will have to pay for Walt's mistakes. I wonder if it will not be Walter Jr. He sure seemed like a moving target this episode.

by Anonymousreply 8008/26/2013

Ironically, Walt started the meth business to provide for his family but he will destroy them-- symbolized by that abandoned house. I think Skylar and the kids will be killed, hence his purchasing the machine gun and getting the ricin.

by Anonymousreply 8108/26/2013

I am just worried it will be Walter Jr. Someone has to pay for the sins of the fathers.

by Anonymousreply 8208/26/2013

There's no way Jesse is going to kill a disabled teenager, right?

by Anonymousreply 8308/26/2013

I do wonder if Walter Jr is safe. He just seemed so ready to die in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 8408/26/2013

Hasn't it only been about a year and a half since Walt started making meth?

by Anonymousreply 8508/26/2013

Less, R85.

by Anonymousreply 8608/26/2013

Walt Jr has gone from Walt Jr to Finn, back to Walt Jr, back to Finn and then back to Walt Jr again in so short a time.

by Anonymousreply 8708/26/2013

Didn't Walter Jr seem completely beat when his father told him about the return of his cancer tonight? It just seems like the stage is being set for some tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 8808/26/2013

That boy playing Walt Jr. must be getting a bewildering amount of ass these days.

by Anonymousreply 8908/26/2013

Good observation about the yellow paint on the wall vs. Marie's yellow. I missed that

I think the trashed house means that Todd & his nazi family are going to want to set up a meth lab in Walt's house and basically hold he & his family hostage.

I read an article that Vince Gilligan originally wrote Jane's death as Walt injecting her with heroin, but the execs at AMC balked at the story.

If they had a fit over purposely killing a junkie, I can't imagine they'd go along with killing a handicapped kid. Walt Jr. has always been Walt's most ardent supporter and I think Jr. will turn against him once the truth comes out and head right for Hank & Marie's - which will be a HUGE slap in the face for Walt & Skyler who constantly compete for Jr.'s love

by Anonymousreply 9008/26/2013

Loved this episode. I think Jesse will meet Walt Jr in the house...the wanna be son facing the real son.

by Anonymousreply 9108/26/2013

Purple can symbolize pain, suffering, and therefore mourning and penitence. It is the liturgical color for the Season of Lent. It is also the color of royalty, so traditionally has also been used for Advent and is still used in Catholic churches

Yellow symbolizes light which in turn is a symbol of the presence of God. It is also symbolic of renewal and hope, especially in the resurrection of Jesus.

Green symbolizes the renewal of vegetation and generally of living things and the promise of new life.

by Anonymousreply 9208/26/2013

A great recap..."Wired"

by Anonymousreply 9308/26/2013

Wow to the person who noticed the purple rug! How do you do that?

R90, if that's true, AMC was right. Jane's death was perfect because, at that point in the series, I don't think Walt would've been capable of directly murdering someone in cold blood. However, he was just as guilty by letting her die. I see that point as the turning point for Walt.

by Anonymousreply 9408/26/2013

It's such an exciting last run of episodes. I assume that it will all be epic and they'll be many more twists.

I'm positive that more people we know get killed (duh) and that no one ends up in a very good position, able to go on to a normal, stable life.

Walt is such a great character. I absolutely detest him and in no way want him to "win" (even if I do find Hank annoying), but I can't help but be mesmerized by his machinations.

In fact, I really don't like anyone except the son. There are a few characters who I can partially sympathize with, but if they all get killed (except the son) I won't feel that bad. Maybe I'd feel bad for Marie.

by Anonymousreply 9508/26/2013

Fuck you too, R95!!

by Anonymousreply 9608/26/2013

Lol, R96. I had also added "the baby" as an exception initially, but changed my post since she's not really a full fledged character.

But, of course, I would be upset if Holly was killed.

by Anonymousreply 9708/26/2013

I don't like kids but I have to admit Baby Holly is quite beautiful. Walter Jr. is stunningly handsome. In one of the first episodes, Hank even says he looks like a "god damn movie star".

by Anonymousreply 9808/26/2013

Why is everyone so sad about Jane dying? Yes it was a turning point for Walt's dark side but she was a rancid cunt who was going to rat him out to everyone. She got Jesse all strung out on heroin and was generally a lying bitch.

by Anonymousreply 9908/26/2013

I don't care for Hank and Marie so I loved their slack jaws while watching Hank's confession video. If you want kids adopt them, don't try to take your sister's.

I hope Walt and his family come out okay. Jesse has gotten too whiny but hope he will be okay too.

by Anonymousreply 10008/26/2013

Even after all the bad stuff that Walt has done I still want him to win.

by Anonymousreply 10108/26/2013

Walt Jr is the Meadow Soprano of Breaking Bad. Or should I say "Flynn"?

by Anonymousreply 10208/27/2013

Hot damn, this show is good.

And I don't mind Skylar — I started liking her when she fucked the business guy.

by Anonymousreply 10308/27/2013

I agree about Jane being a bitch who made trouble for Walt, it's not like she was some sweet innocent person.

by Anonymousreply 10408/27/2013

Marie sort of reminds me of myself. I like to shoplift and the truth and fiction always blurs with me. I wish Marie would have had a larger role in this series.

by Anonymousreply 10508/27/2013

Jane made trouble for Jessie as well. He'd never done heroin before she talked him into it.

by Anonymousreply 10608/27/2013

Jane may have been trouble but I don't think she deserved to die. I am such a big fan of Walt's that I pretend he didn't watch this happen.

by Anonymousreply 10708/27/2013

Yeah, Jane was NOT a good person.

Getting Jesse hooked on heroin? Which iirc is possibly the worst drug one can consume.

And then threatening Walt? Big mistake.

The bitch brought it on herself.

by Anonymousreply 10808/27/2013

The confession was freaking brilliant, I literally burst into laughter when he started blaming Hank!

This show continues to surprise me.

At first, I thought that having Walt confront Hank in the first/ninth ep was a bad idea, because how could they sustain seven more episodes after that? I've never been happier to be proven wrong!

by Anonymousreply 10908/27/2013

Btw, if any of you have access to the Sundance Channel (or bittorrents), you should look for their new show The Writer's Room.

The first ep is on Breaking Bad, and features Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, and the entire writing staff. Lots of great info to be had!

by Anonymousreply 11008/27/2013

[quote]If you want kids adopt them, don't try to take your sister's.

I don't know if this was discussed in the thread for the previous episode, but I thought I'd mention it here in response to R100.

I think the writers' motivation for Marie trying to take Walt Jr. and Holly (particularly Holly) is that it's supposed to be an extension of her kleptomania.

When Skyler basically confessed by not refuting what Marie was suggesting, Marie responded by trying to steal Holly. I imagine a person like Marie would shoplift when she's feeling stressed or feeling like she isn't getting what she feels she deserves. I just didn't get the sense it was about protecting Holly. It seemed like the character was supposed to be doing it as an act of self-soothing/entitlement.

Also, someone upthread mentioned Marie's obsession with purple. I'm sure the color is supposed to represent Marie's high opinion of herself/sense of entitlment (purple being the color of royalty), but I also think it is another reference to her shoplifting. It's a lot easier to steal clothing, for example, if it's the same color as what you were wearing when you walked into the store.

by Anonymousreply 11108/27/2013

Marie clearly has issues but she genuinely love the kids and previously Skyler sent the kids to live with Hank & Marie because they were not "safe" in her house. When Marie tried to snatch Holly, it seemed to me that she finally realized what the whole "safe" thing was about and tried to take her back to her house.

For however crazy she may be, she does have the kids best interest at heart (unlike Walt), which makes me think they will be killed because Walt & Skyler were too proud to give them to Hank & Marie

by Anonymousreply 11208/27/2013

I agree that Walt Jr. will be key. Nothing could penetrate Walt Sr.'s armor like seeing the pain and disappointment in his son's eyes when he finds out the truth.

by Anonymousreply 11308/27/2013

I am happy to see all this chatter regarding Marie. I do find her interesting and wish she would have more time onscreen. Perhaps she could have her own show. It would be great to see her roaming shopping malls dressed in purple shoplifting.

by Anonymousreply 11508/27/2013

Why do we think that the woman in the opening episode of Part 2 looked at Walt with horror and dropped her groceries? Was he supposed to be dead? Had he been revealed to the public as a ruthless drug kingpin?

by Anonymousreply 11608/27/2013

(116) Clearly his neighbor knew something being there was a chain linked fence around his house. Something big must have happened.

by Anonymousreply 11708/27/2013

This thread is the reason I keep coming back to DL. There are serious crazies here, but the handful of smart, witty, insightful people make it all worthwhile.

I think Todd will be Walt's undoing, especially the way he's being yapping away. On another note, I'm so happy to see Landry here!!!

by Anonymousreply 11808/27/2013

[quote](Jane)She got Jesse all strung out on heroin and was generally a lying bitch.

Um, no. Jesse is a dealer. By definition he is the one who stringing countless people out. He is also a grown man — who was using while dating an addict.

Why the fuck didn't he just sober up while dating her?

They're both addicts and Jane was on her way to a decent life when Jesse showed up with his blue shit.

by Anonymousreply 11908/27/2013

I think Skylar is going to burn out. She's not feeling well about what Walt did to Hank. She's trapped and she knows it.

I hope she teams up with Hank in the end.

by Anonymousreply 12008/27/2013

Furthermore Jane wasn't lying about Jesse's money. hat was Jesse's money. Do you think Walt really gave a fuck that Jesse was using? No he just wanted to control Jesse. He took his share to control him.

Killing off Jane isolated Jesse again and brought him crawling back into Walt's arms.

Because that is was Walt does. He has isolated and controlled every single person close to him. He is an abusive fuck.

by Anonymousreply 12108/27/2013

Walt may be many things but I still love him in the end.

by Anonymousreply 12208/27/2013

[quote] Killing off Jane isolated Jesse again and brought him crawling back into Walt's arms.

Walt didn't kill off Jane. Jane killed Jane off.

by Anonymousreply 12308/27/2013

In this thread so many of you have referred to Jane as a "bitch" that it's given us an idea...............

by Anonymousreply 12408/27/2013

[quote]Walt didn't kill off Jane. Jane killed Jane off.

True— but he allowed her to die.

I read that originally the writers wanted Walt to inject her to kill her off.

by Anonymousreply 12508/27/2013

[quote]I have reached the point in life where I need either Cliff Notes or someone from DataLounge holding my hand as I watch this show. Old age is clearly not for sissies. I seem to miss half of everything these days.

Right there with you. I parse. I watch. I re-watch and still seem to miss some of the finer points and nuances.

Link is to Alan Sepinwall who does great recaps.

Also, no here mentioned that scene where Jesse is walking in what I first thought was a cemetery (it wasn't). Very evocative.

God but I LOVE this show!!!

by Anonymousreply 12608/27/2013

But what about me?!?

by Anonymousreply 12808/27/2013

[quote]Why do we think that the woman in the opening episode of Part 2 looked at Walt with horror and dropped her groceries? Was he supposed to be dead? Had he been revealed to the public as a ruthless drug kingpin?

MY THOUGHTS exactly. You took the two alternatives I thought of right off of my head. The neighbor's terror is very telling but there are choices.

Also, this episode had a few hilarious moments, at the Mexican restaurant and at the car wash

by Anonymousreply 12908/27/2013

That lady's reaction to Walt makes me believe Walt gets a lot worse.

by Anonymousreply 13008/28/2013

If that's not a cemetery that Jesse is standing in front of, WTF is that?

by Anonymousreply 13108/28/2013

r126, that "cemetery" is the Bear Canyon Arroyo Spillway Dam.

I go to school just east of it.

by Anonymousreply 13208/28/2013

Oops west of it.

by Anonymousreply 13308/28/2013

Wasn't that the same neighbor that Walt nearly killed when he sent her into this house to see if the Terminator Mexican Twins were in there?

I think that might have been when I decided he had totally crossed into the dark side.

by Anonymousreply 13408/28/2013

Walt crossed to the dark side when he killed the guy in Jesse's basement. You could argue his killing of the guy's partner in the R.V. was self-defense, but basement guy--not so much.

Doesn't Marie keep calling Walt Jr. "Flynn" because she doesn't want him to have Walt's name more than anything else? Yes, he wanted to be called Flynn once upon a time, but IIRC he switched back to Jr. when he thought Skylar had "unfairly" kicked Walt out of the house (expressing his support of Walt). There's no way Marie wants him to still be "Jr." knowing what she does about Walt.

by Anonymousreply 13508/28/2013

I suspect this is just Marie's need to continue stealing things. Now she is hoping to steal her sister's children.

by Anonymousreply 13608/28/2013

[quote]Wasn't that the same neighbor that Walt nearly killed when he sent her into this house to see if the Terminator Mexican Twins were in there?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!

Yeah, Walt's been an evil fucker for a while now.

I wonder if he'll go after his old business partner and the partner's wife (who used to be Walt's gf). He's always had seething resentment over the way they screwed him out of million$.

by Anonymousreply 13708/28/2013

That 'confession' was one of the greatest moments of television ever.

[quote] He's always had seething resentment over the way they screwed him out of million$

As I recall, Walt chose to sell his share in the company before they got big; No screwing was involved. Of course, Walt may choose to remember events differently.

[quote]she was a rancid cunt who was going to rat him out to everyone

Agreed. I know I should sympathize with the addict gone wrong against the mastermind drug lord, but I HATED Jane with a fiery passion and I never thought Walt was obligated to save the person who was blackmailing him. It seemed like the latest in a series of bad choices for Jane. This show has warped my moral compass.

by Anonymousreply 13808/28/2013

Why are the women looked at so harshly? Every male character on this show has either killed someone or beaten then nearly to death.

Jesse deals meth. He actively sought out users from a recovery group. He intentionally led two of his best 'friends' back into Meth when they got clean just so he didn't have to be alone. He has killed people too.

Hank is an obnoxious blowhard who treated his wife like shit while recovering from his injury.

Everyone on this show has done something 'rancid' but only the women get "HATED" .

Ugh- the doublestandard of some views is glaring. I really think it boils down to this:

When men manipulate, lie and kill for their own reasons — it's cool or 'necessary' or 'bad ass', or at least explained away.

When women do it — they're rancid cunts & lying bitches who deserve to die horribly.

by Anonymousreply 13908/28/2013

I totally don't understand those who say they want Walt to "win." He's pure evil now. I was more than happy to see Saul get the shit beat out of him.

And I agree with r139. Pure misogyny.

Also, as far as that backdrop suggesting that Jesse will die. Maybe he will and maybe he won't. But beyond his physical demise, Jesse is already dead. He'll never recover from what he's been through, no matter where in the world he goes or how much psychological treatment he receives.

by Anonymousreply 14008/28/2013

139) You need an anger management class.

by Anonymousreply 14108/28/2013

r141. Sorry to disturb you sensitive nature.

There are Editorials out there about this subject. I'm not the only one who sees it.

by Anonymousreply 14208/28/2013

R134 and R137 The neighbor that Walt sent into the house a few seasons back, was not Carol. It was the neighbor who lived on the opposite side of his house. And Vince Gilligan's mother played the role.

by Anonymousreply 14308/28/2013

Vince Gilligan himself has discussed the misogyny in elements of the fan base and how he was completely taken aback and disgusted by it. For example, Gilligan wanted Skyler to be one of the strongest characters on the show. She as complex and morally compromised as everyone else in this world, but he wanted her to have the backbone to stand up to Walt. What he did not anticipate was that Anna Gunn would receive death threats for portraying a woman who has toughness, smarts and the ability to assert her own will.

by Anonymousreply 14408/28/2013

Does anyone know why Saul wears that blue ribbon pinned to his lapel? I looked it up online and it seems to be there are varying shades of blue that stand for a variety of causes. Even individual shades of blue have many causes attached to them.

by Anonymousreply 14508/29/2013

I think it had something to do with honoring the victims of the plane crash that Walter helped cause by letting Jane die. She was the air traffic controller's daughter, and was so upset he made a terrible mistake at his job.

by Anonymousreply 14608/29/2013

I think the ribbon Saul wears goes back to the mid-air collision caused by Jane's grieving father (who was an air traffic controller). The blue ribbon was for the victims on the flights and those who were killed on the ground by the debris. Saul keeps wearing his because he's trying to drum up business so he can get a piece of the settlement.

by Anonymousreply 14708/29/2013

I have always liked Skyler and think Anna Gunn has struck the perfect balance. I've never gotten the dislike. I do think that people wanted to see unconditional support, and wanted her WITH Walt, if you get my meaning. A bit Lady Macbethish. I think there was a point where everyone thought she would turn, once the money started really rolling in and she saw how powerful he was. Only now has she really given over, and I think that's what was tough for the audience, but to me makes the character more complex in the end.

by Anonymousreply 14808/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!