Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Happened in Safeway

I was in the fast check out lane yesterday and a young couple were checking out. She was holding a tot. 8 months tops. The checker a woman in her thirties starts fawning over the infant. "Oh, let me hold her." The mother hands her over and says "She has a cold" as the infant sneezes and slobbers. "Oh kissy, kissy" she says and proceeds to kiss the germ infested face of the the baby. This is not helping her check out the groceries as the baby grabs the glasses off her face. The line behind me continued to grow and I could hear grumbling. She gives the baby back and finishes with them. She never wiped her hands. She then starts checking me out and opens a produce bag and handles my cilantro and says "parsley?". It didn't matter as I placed it in the trash when I got home. I am not germ phobic but this was over the top. I have not said anything to the store. I don't really want to get her in trouble, but I really think I should.

by grossed outreply 2908/26/2013

Why did you even let her touch the cilantro?

by grossed outreply 108/25/2013

Sorry, that needs to be reported. That is gross.

by grossed outreply 208/25/2013

Mary, you could've washed the cilantro.I'd have mentioned it to the cashier though, no reason to blow her into the boss. You oughta' see what goes on in restaurants, and ain't nobody washing their entree tableside.

by grossed outreply 308/25/2013

At the grocery chain where I shop, all cashiers have hand sanitizers next to their cash register.

by grossed outreply 408/25/2013

You should have said something at the time.

by grossed outreply 508/25/2013

She was too fast.

by grossed outreply 608/25/2013

You are a fool it you think worse things haven't happened to a lot of the produce you buy. Wash your produce.

by grossed outreply 708/25/2013

Why did she need to touch the cilantro to ask you if it was parsley?

by grossed outreply 808/25/2013

OP ---

I was checking out at the grocery store when the counter girl picked up a sneezing baby that belonged to the couple in front of me. Then she touched my cilantro.

See? That was easy.

by grossed outreply 908/25/2013

OP, any produce or item in a grocery store has been handled with human hands repeatedly.

by grossed outreply 1008/25/2013

Rats peed on your produce as it was growing in the field. Insects crawled over it. It was sprayed with untested water.

by grossed outreply 1108/25/2013

OK, I guess it's time to give all the produce a soak in bleach water and rinse when I get it home.

by grossed outreply 1208/25/2013

This never happened. OP just saw the 6 Train troll get tons of suport from DL for the planter fasciatis story and is craving similar validation like a 8 year old... ME, TOO, ME, TOO!

by grossed outreply 1308/25/2013

Actually there was a news report on TV about what fresh produce goes through before it makes it to your home.

And R11 is correct.

by grossed outreply 1408/25/2013

Isn't R9 just ever so quite vivid a raconteur?

by grossed outreply 1508/25/2013

This is why we always use self checkout when shopping at the Safeway.

by grossed outreply 1608/25/2013

R9...Write your stories your way and I will write mine my way. Who asked you?

R13...Why would I make it up? I don't even know which thread you are referencing. Idiot!

by grossed outreply 1708/25/2013

Same thing happened to me last week at Piggly-Wiggly, but I got an erection.

Then again, I'm a pedophile.

by grossed outreply 1808/25/2013

Oh Mary!!! Keep clutching those pearls, and send your caftan to the cleaners!

by grossed outreply 1908/25/2013

If you complain, do it by anonymous fax or email.

by grossed outreply 2008/26/2013

Don't you see, r9? More detail makes for a more believable story.

In other words, this never happened.

by grossed outreply 2108/26/2013

This past spring, my niece (was about 7 months old) was continuously getting sick. She was at daycare everyday and she was likely picking stuff up from the other kids. Mind you, my brother and his wife keep a very tidy home and baby is well taken care of. Anyways, there was 3 days that daycare was unavailable so I watched her for awhile on those days. I showed up on the first morning and baby was very ill. I was a little miffed because I wasn't warned about this...and honestly I was a little anxious about caring for an ill infant. The three days came and went, and the baby ended up going to the doctor and was diagnosed with some nasty lung/bronchial infection. Within a few days, I became seriously ill. I ended up having 2 bouts of strep throat and bronchitis. Within a few days after that, my dad then got it. I must have transferred it to him while visiting and when I wasn't yet having symptoms. He almost died. He already has heart failure, etc and it just about did him in. It was one of the scariest times in my life. I basically blamed myself for almost killing my dad. Then my mom got it. I am still in disbelief that a little baby's illness caused so much illness, stress, anxiety, etc. Since then, none of us take any chances and we won't go around baby if she's sick because of my dad's own health. I am much more careful about washing my hands with her as well.

by grossed outreply 2208/26/2013

That was pretty stupid of you to infect your dad, R22, but it's good you've now learned your lesson.

At my last workplace, one girl came in to work when she was horribly sick. Within 2-3 weeks, all 30 other employees came down with the same severe flu.

People need to stop being so selfish, and stay the fuck out of public when they're infected!

by grossed outreply 2308/26/2013

Mary OP, why the fuck didn't you say something to the checker BEFORE she touched your food?

As soon as she reached for my first item, I would've politely told her to please use her hand sanitizer.

Are you that much a wuss you couldn't speak up? Or just a little touched in the head?

by grossed outreply 2408/26/2013

OP, I would have just kicked her in the shins and be done with it.

by grossed outreply 2508/26/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by grossed outreply 2608/26/2013

Babies are gross, contagious and constantly seeping awful fluids of one sort or another. They shouldn't even be ALLOWED in grocery stores. Those parents need to keep their little germsacks at HOME.

by grossed outreply 2708/26/2013

Are you saying the mother handed the child over the check-out counter to the clerk?

You should have called for the Manager immediately. That clerk should have been fired on the spot. I would also have called Child Protective Services on the Mother for endangering the child's welfare by carelessly handing the child over an unsafe, possibly moving belt.

Unacceptable behavior that impeded your rights at the fast check not to mention exposure to disease and possible human excrement filth.

by grossed outreply 2808/26/2013

Jesus Gladys is this really the kind of stuff that preoccupies you?

by grossed outreply 2908/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.