Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you ever just zone out at a barbecue?

Just zone out and not want to mingle? I'm going to one today and I'm not up for chit chat.

by Anonymousreply 1108/28/2013

Then don't go

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2013

I am in the same boat as you, op. I usually decline invitations because I am not very social without alcohol, and I am on a diet. No eating and drinking equals no fun. I am only going because I have declined invitations from this couple 3 or 4 times already.

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2013

you drips should just stay at home and read a good book then

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2013

OP/R2 then make it five times. Just say you have a headache and stay home.

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2013

Lord knows I try.

by Anonymousreply 508/26/2013

W&W for R5.

by Anonymousreply 608/26/2013

So I went to the BBQ and had a great time, but woke up in the middle of the night with violent diarrhea. I am still sick, my stomach is killing me, and I had to call in to work. Everyone brought a side, and I ate a lot of salads. I am suspecting that something was bad.

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2013

There's nothing that special about a barbeque anyway. Wings and ribs are too much work for such a shitty payoff, corn is no fun to in public, and all the other food gives you gas. Stay home. No one will miss you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 808/26/2013

I hate barbecues. I don't eat meat and I hate being outside in hot weather.

by Anonymousreply 908/26/2013

My strategy is to get a plate of food and sit with older folks (like 70 year old's) who are having their own conversations. I just sit there and listen. They usually don't ask me questions because they are too old to try and be polite. I generally end up enjoying the conversation I am listening to.

by Anonymousreply 1008/26/2013

I lost my boss'car keys at a barbecue.

Back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 1108/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!