Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you ever just zone out at a barbecue?

Just zone out and not want to mingle? I'm going to one today and I'm not up for chit chat.

by Anonymousreply 1108/28/2013

Then don't go

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2013

I am in the same boat as you, op. I usually decline invitations because I am not very social without alcohol, and I am on a diet. No eating and drinking equals no fun. I am only going because I have declined invitations from this couple 3 or 4 times already.

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2013

you drips should just stay at home and read a good book then

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2013

OP/R2 then make it five times. Just say you have a headache and stay home.

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2013

Lord knows I try.

by Anonymousreply 508/26/2013

W&W for R5.

by Anonymousreply 608/26/2013

So I went to the BBQ and had a great time, but woke up in the middle of the night with violent diarrhea. I am still sick, my stomach is killing me, and I had to call in to work. Everyone brought a side, and I ate a lot of salads. I am suspecting that something was bad.

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2013

There's nothing that special about a barbeque anyway. Wings and ribs are too much work for such a shitty payoff, corn is no fun to in public, and all the other food gives you gas. Stay home. No one will miss you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 808/26/2013

I hate barbecues. I don't eat meat and I hate being outside in hot weather.

by Anonymousreply 908/26/2013

My strategy is to get a plate of food and sit with older folks (like 70 year old's) who are having their own conversations. I just sit there and listen. They usually don't ask me questions because they are too old to try and be polite. I generally end up enjoying the conversation I am listening to.

by Anonymousreply 1008/26/2013

I lost my boss'car keys at a barbecue.

Back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 1108/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.