Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What's happening in NYC Labor Day weekend?

I may be in town. Anything special happening?

Or if you we're me, would you rather spend the weekend in the Hamptons, Montauk, or the Jersey Shore?

by Anonymousreply 909/02/2013

NYC on Labor Day weekend? Just kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2013

Here you go, hun. Bring your swimsuit.

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2013

Nothing. Closed for the long weekend.

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2013

In Brooklyn, there is the West Indian Day parade, which runs down Eastern Parkway.

I'm in Flatbush, which has the highest concentration of Caribbean folks, and the streets get filled with people coming from as far as Canada to participate. Traffic also gets tied up for the whole day. The parade looks like fun if you're into that kind of thing. However, my background is not from the islands, so I don't get into the Carnivale mindset. I stay in my apartment the whole day while this parade goes on.

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2013

We'll be attacking Syria next weekend so head for the hills.

by Anonymousreply 508/25/2013

On W.46th St in Manhattan there's Brazil Day. I think it's either the last Saturday in August or September 1st.

by Anonymousreply 608/25/2013

There are always shootings and stabbings at the West Indies parade. I'd steer clear.

Montauk used to be a nice, quaint throwback of a place to visit, but it's been taken over by scores of girls gone wild and obnoxious, drunken 20 somethings. It's turned into Spring Break In Summer. If you like screaming, puking and block-long fist fights, Montauk is for you.

I don't know where you would get a rental in the Hamptons for Labor Day at this point in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 708/25/2013

West Indian Parade is for those who like tits and muffin tops.

by Anonymousreply 808/25/2013

I went to Newtown, CT. It's a very nice town. Such a shame about the shootings

by Anonymousreply 909/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.