Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NY Attorney General sues Donald Trump, says Trump University a fraud

New York's attorney general is suing Donald Trump for $40 million, saying the real estate mogul helped run a phony "Trump University" that promised to make students rich but instead steered them into expensive and mostly useless seminars, and even failed to deliver promised apprenticeships. Trump shot back that the Democrat's lawsuit is false and politically motivated. Really, Donald? You screwed people out of $35,000. How is that political? What a sleaze.

Article at link:

by Anonymousreply 608/25/2013

Trump University hemmed and hawed when asked to produce a long form 'worth certificate'.

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2013

Trump U???

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2013

I'm with Trump on this.

Getting fucked out of $35,000 and having nothing but a photo of a cardboard Donald Trump cutout is an education that will serve these people well for the rest of their shallow self-centered lives.

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2013

Haha, I knew someone who 'went' to Trump University. It sounded like bullshit from the very start. So I'm torn...on one hand I think if you were dumb enough to pay $35k for this OBVIOUS scam then you deserved to lose your money. On the other hand I hate Donald Trump (and scammers, for that matter) so I want to see him get his ass sued off. And his image dragged through the mud one more time.

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2013

Nothing will happen to Trump.

Trump probably sold the "School" rights to use his name and his intellectual property.

Any cash earned is paid in licensing fees. The school may declare bankruptcy, but Trump has already pulled out his income.

He's been doing this with REITs since the late eighties.

by Anonymousreply 508/25/2013

I don't get how a man with such a bad public image makes money off of...his name. That defies logic. Aren't people in NYC (and other places where his name is put on buildings that aren't his) embarrassed to say they live in Trump Tower? I would be. I even know a GAY guy who brags on Facebook about living in Trump Tower, Chicago. I'm embarrassed for him.

by Anonymousreply 608/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!