Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Dyatlov Pass Incident

Unsolved mystery now a horror film.

Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 2101/17/2015

It's been discussed to death on those "most terrifying true mysteries" threads, OP. Why did you star another one?

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2013

I love this shit!

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2013

Secret [Soviet] weapons testing, no?

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2013

This could make a great scary movie.

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2013

Seriously, nine people died while cross country skiing in the most difficult and treacherous weather conditions possible?

If Chris McCandless hadn't taken pictures and kept a journal, there would be a movie made about how he was captured and tortured by half human/half wildabeast country folk or experienced a supernatural freak of nature the likes of which no one has ever seen before in the history of mankind.

by Anonymousreply 508/25/2013

It's the other party that died in the same location that is weird. Their bones were liquified.

by Anonymousreply 608/25/2013

There are two new books on this coming out soon. Obviously to coincide with the movie release

Mountain of the Dead:The Dyatlov Pass Incident by Keith McCloskey

Dead Mountain:The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident by Donnie Elchar

by Anonymousreply 708/25/2013

The real mystery is why the Soviet authorities didn't properly investigate (or why they were so incompetent). There were so many holes in the investigation that there was room for all sorts of wild speculation about weapons testing, abominabal snowmen, UFOs.

I think it's funny that this is Reny Harlan's comeback film.

by Anonymousreply 808/25/2013

The movie opened in Russia earlier this year and flopped. If they weren't impressed, it can't be very good.

by Anonymousreply 908/25/2013

[quote] The real mystery is why the Soviet authorities didn't properly investigate (or why they were so incompetent).

Soviet incompetence?

Who ever heard of such a thing, right?

by Anonymousreply 1008/25/2013

[quote]The movie opened in Russia earlier this year and flopped. If they weren't impressed, it can't be very good.

Was there any gay propaganda in it?

by Anonymousreply 1108/25/2013

[italic]Soviet incompetence?

Who ever heard of such a thing, right?[/italic]

The Soviets had a very good run there.

There's a reason why they were Hitler's arch enemy (besides Jews, and the other undesirables).

by Anonymousreply 1208/25/2013

Based upon the evidence, it appears as if the sleeping group heard the rumblings of an avalanche (or maybe the terrifyng sound of a rapidly approaching avalanche), panicked and cut themselves out of the tent and ran. Those who didn't make it very far had their clothes and shoes borrowed by those who did.

Those who did survive, who had already gotten lost once the day before and were camping in this specific location because of it, tried to either escape the avalanche or were trying to find their original campsite after they were out of danger.

They died from exposure. It's possible that the early victims who were wearing less clothes and who had skull fractures may have been hit by falling avalanche debris early on.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 1308/25/2013

r11, considering it was directed by Renny Harlin, I highly doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 1408/25/2013

[quote] less clothes and who had skull fractures may have been hit by falling avalanche debris early on.

The skull fractures and rib fractures were found on the three who were at the bottom of a ravine. As in, a ravine they fell into because they couldn't see it either in the dark or in white-out conditions.

The best mountain climbers in the world with the best equipment in the world still fall into ravines and die today. As R13 has said, theres not much mystery here. As for the tongue, it was accidentally bitten off by the victim herself as she hit the ground. The bodies were covered in snow. Her tongue could have ended up under more snow or in a less snowy area and turned to mush when it was saturated with water/ice.

There's no mystery, except for the same three or four OCD few who keep starting threads about how "chilling" the same tired old murders and disappearances are. Like ok, we get it -- you're scared because some fruitcake put a bag over his head and shot a couple of people 40 years ago. You still "get the chills" when you remember the three women who disappeared in Bumfucke after high school graduation night. You can't sleep at night because some drunk girl disappeared after a car accident in New England 35 years ago. You still like to scare yourself by randomly bringing up someone named Homolka who was involved in her sister's murder decades ago.

You're scared, you're chilled, your getting the shivers, you're freaked out. OMG, some drug dealing prostitute was murdered with her kids (at least one of whom was a drug dealer himself) in a cabin somewhere 30 years ago and you simply cannot fathom how these rather mundane murders remain unsolved.

Have you tried buying a blanket or a warm sweater for your shivering chilly fright nights? Ooooh, now that's scarrrrrry, kids!

by Anonymousreply 1508/25/2013

R15, they don't scare me personally but I'll take rehashings of these things and the paranormal threads over soap threads and obscure celebs I've never heard of any day.

by Anonymousreply 1608/25/2013

Can't wait to see The Dyatlov Pass incident. I've always been intrigued by the true events, and the trailer for the film looks pretty good!

by Anonymousreply 1708/27/2013

Bumping just to annoy R15.

by Anonymousreply 1801/16/2015

A two-year bump is too late to annoy anyone, r18. R15 might very well have been murdered in his sleep by this point, or disappeared without a trace. Or at the very least, cleared his cookies. We'll probably never hear from him again ... which scares me deeply.

by Anonymousreply 1901/16/2015

Will someone please start a thread about the Dyatlov Pass incident? Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 2001/17/2015

Thanks, R17. I like the trailer, and had to wade through the know-it-all mystery solved drivel posts to get to yours.

by Anonymousreply 2101/17/2015
Need more help? Click Here.