Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Exclusive: Bryan Cranston Is Lex Luthor in Batman/Superman; Matt Damon Up For Aquaman; Mark Strong As Sinestro Possible

As Cosmic Book News previously was informed, Lex Luthor has been cast in the Man of Steel sequel that will feature Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman.

Now we have been told a batch of new details, on top of why Affleck was chosen as Batman.

Bryan Cranston has been cast as Lex Luthor in what is said to be at least a six "appearance" deal (think of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury popping up in every Marvel movie in the run-up to Avengers) and may be as high as ten.

Look for the official announcement to follow the conclusion to the final season of Breaking Bad as WB wants to dovetail off the end of that.

Regarding Ben Affleck, we are told he has allegedly a 13-appearance deal for Batman.

DC is going to have all of their main characters liberally appearing or at least mentioned in all of their movies to portray a more connected world than what Marvel Studios has done so far.

DC also does have major interest in bringing Matt Damon into the Justice League now that Affleck is on board, and it is rumored that he is being considered for Aquaman or Martian Manhunter.

Regarding Mark Strong playing Lex Luthor, the one thing that worked a bit against him was that he was already Sinestro -- and still could be again.

"Cranston truly is a dream casting for Luthor," we're told.

by Anonymousreply 5809/02/2013

Jesus. More comic book wanking. They're locking everyone in for a zillion appearances? Oy.

Mark Strong is very good - I have no idea who/what Sinestro is but if it's a villain (as the name suggests) he'll crush it.

I know who Lex Luthor is and Cranston is perfect casting.

Matt Damon is too old and rich to take on Aquaman. I don't know who the Martian Whatever is but if his ass isn't waterlogged all day, maybe Damon will go for it.

No female characters for a little T&A? Seems like a missed opportunity to feed the comic geeks.

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2013

Aquaman sucks.

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2013

Cosmic Book News is usually full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2013

[quote]Cosmic Book News is usually full of shit.

They're not the only ones reporting it.

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2013

Hollywood Reporter sez, Affleck signed for multiple films.

by Anonymousreply 508/25/2013

All the sources are citing Cosmic Book News. They were the same source for the Orlando Bloom as Matman casting rumor IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 608/25/2013

Guess we'll find out. Cranston's perfect though.

by Anonymousreply 708/25/2013

I actually think Affleck would make a more interesting Lex Luthor than Bruce Wayne.

by Anonymousreply 808/25/2013

Mark Strong is sexy as hell. Who or what is Sinestro?

by Anonymousreply 908/25/2013

Sinestro is Green Lantern's arch villian, the one with the yellow power ring. He's one of the most well-known villians in DC Comics and has been around for about 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 1008/25/2013

Matt Damon is too chunky and too old for Aquaman.

by Anonymousreply 1108/25/2013

Yeah it seems odd to me they would go with an older and high demand actor like Matt Damon to launch the Aquaman character. You need someone way younger than 42 and someone that could easily be signed for multiple appearances in sequels without running up the budget. You already have Affleck's hefty fee, for a character like Aquaman you should let a new face get a chance to shine.

by Anonymousreply 1208/25/2013

Sinestro was in the green lantern movie - he was the purplish guy.

Can we please have a superman movie with out Lex Luthor. Done to death. I know he is a cannon of dc but he never works in the movies. How about Brainiac? that would tie whole movie.

Affleck is horrible choice, Damon is horrible choice

by Anonymousreply 1308/25/2013

Zac Efron for Aquaman. He's got the youth, the body, and is a good swimmer.

by Anonymousreply 1408/25/2013

I'll bet Adrian Grenier tried out for aquaman.

by Anonymousreply 1508/25/2013

Hollywood Reporters has its own sources. It's a multi-picture deal.

by Anonymousreply 1608/25/2013

No one is arguing that Affleck signed a multipicture deal, you freaking dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 1708/25/2013

Yeah but the HR story only mentions Affleck. Nothing about Cranston, Damon, et al.

by Anonymousreply 1808/25/2013

I can't blame Cranston for going for the big bucks, but does he really need to play another bald villain?

by Anonymousreply 1908/25/2013

[quote]No one is arguing that Affleck signed a multipicture deal, you freaking dumbass.

Comic Book Store Guy is pissed!

by Anonymousreply 2008/25/2013

r17, look at r5, then r6. You'll see where the wires got crossed.

by Anonymousreply 2108/25/2013

Bryan Cranston is incredibly lucky. He was born goodlooking with a great tv voice. A man can go very far with those 2 attributes.

by Anonymousreply 2208/25/2013

[quote]Zac Efron for Aquaman

Aquaman is blond.

by Anonymousreply 2308/25/2013

Will Damon wear tights or spandex? What would be the effect of that?

by Anonymousreply 2408/25/2013

One of the non-fat Hemsworth brothers would be good for Aquaman.

by Anonymousreply 2508/25/2013

Will Gabourey Sibide play Lexcorp headquarters?

by Anonymousreply 2608/25/2013

No, she is in talks for Clayface.

by Anonymousreply 2708/25/2013

So, as a Marvel fan who never really cared much about any of the DC movies, it doesn't really matter to me who they cast as most of these characters.

We've had what, four different Batmans and at least three Supes since the modern era of superhero films began, nicely, with Christopher Reeve 35 years ago?

Having said that, I just hope they don't screw up the casting of Wonder Woman. (And could they please give Lynda Carter some kind of cameo?!)

As for Ben Affleck as Bruce/Batman, yeah, that's fine. The character was never supposed to be a youngster and Ben can probably pull off three or four films over ten years as the rich-ass so-called crusader.

Matt Damon as Aquaman, though? No. The character needs to be lean, fit, and nearly naked most of the time. A multi-year deal, if it's to be made, needs to be with someone about half Damon's age.

by Anonymousreply 2908/25/2013

I don't recall Aquaman having a gigantic fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 3008/25/2013

I would love to see a Wonder Woman movie, but offhand I can't think of a single well-known actress in her 20s who would look the part.

Wonder Woman is a very specific physical type, which Lynda Carter embodied perfectly, and I'm just drawing a blank of who could do the role today.

by Anonymousreply 3108/25/2013

Aquaman has junk in his trunk.

by Anonymousreply 3208/25/2013

R30, what does having a fat, gigantic ass have to do with Aquaman?

by Anonymousreply 3308/25/2013

r31 CZ-J, about 20years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3408/25/2013

[quote]CZ-J, about 20years ago.

I wasn't even born then, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3508/25/2013

Who will play Joker?

by Anonymousreply 3608/25/2013

[quote]Who will play Joker?

Negotiations are still ongoing but it looks to be either Meg Ryan or Reba McIntyre.

by Anonymousreply 3708/25/2013

It's hard to believe this news. How are they going to get thirteen movie appearances about Affleck's Batman? By the time he's done, won't he be seventy-five?

And who the fuck wants to see Lex Luthor AGAIN? Of the six Superman movies, he's been a primary villain for four of them (I, II, IV and "Superman returns"). Can't they have Brainiac for once?

by Anonymousreply 3808/25/2013

Happy for Bryan Cranston, one of the good guys in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 3908/25/2013

heres a great fan trailer with Cranston as Lex

by Anonymousreply 4008/26/2013

Can Crispin Glover PLEASE play The Joker this time around??

by Anonymousreply 4108/26/2013

Why are they going with old people?

I thought the whole fucking point of rebooting franchises was to get new(er), young(er) actors who can grow into their roles for the next 10 or 15 years???

These are middle-aged dorks that will look ridiculous in any type of super-hero outfit.

Yuck, I have now lost interest in any of these films.

by Anonymousreply 4208/26/2013

15 years??? Even Cavill is 30. Do you expect him to play Superman at 45?

by Anonymousreply 4308/27/2013

They reboot franchises about every five years anyway.

But yeah, I don't know why they went with a 30yo Superman and a 40yo Batman. Better to have gone 20/30.

And Damon as Aquaman is not even true, I think, but it's really laughable. Unless he's getting primped up for a role he's a schlubby gray haired middle aged guy.

by Anonymousreply 4408/27/2013

Shaping up to be the oldest superhero movie ever. Affleck, Adams, Cranston all way over 35 and even 40. Compare to the Avengers cast: Hemsworth, Hiddleston, Johansson, Chris Evans all well under 35.

by Anonymousreply 4508/27/2013

They should do a Teen Titans or Young Justice movie instead of a Justice League movie.

by Anonymousreply 4608/27/2013

Who's playing Wonder Woman, Julia Roberts? This cast list it too old.

by Anonymousreply 4708/27/2013

Madonna will be playing Wonder Woman. She deflects bullets with her golden grill.

by Anonymousreply 4808/27/2013

So why would he subject himself to a superhero movie r39?

Honestly, he must have more than enough money and that's a grueling shoot and very heavy PR commitment.

by Anonymousreply 4908/27/2013

I did not like Heath Ledger in his role as "Joker".

by Anonymousreply 5008/27/2013

[quote]Honestly, he must have more than enough money and that's a grueling shoot and very heavy PR commitment.

You understand he probably has less money than if he actually made meth, right?

I doubt AMC pays as well as a superhero movie.

by Anonymousreply 5108/27/2013

W&W for R35!

by Anonymousreply 5208/27/2013

Sean Faris for Superboy!

by Anonymousreply 5408/27/2013

[quote]Henry Cavill: "La primera vez que me vestí de Superman me sentí un enorme y musculoso gay"

Translation: He felt like a muscular, gay man when he first put on the costume.

by Anonymousreply 5508/27/2013

R43, in what way(s) is Matt Damon's ass voluptuous?

by Anonymousreply 5608/27/2013

Reba as "Joker".

by Anonymousreply 5708/28/2013

Cranston saying it's not true:

by Anonymousreply 5809/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!