Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If you found out you had one year to live, what would you do?

Assuming you're going to be in the same physical condition you're currently in. What would you change about your current situation? What things would you do? What places would you visit?

by Anonymousreply 3308/27/2013

I'd celebrate.

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2013

I'd party like it's 1999

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2013

I'd make it my life's mission to see to it that there would be an end to all the Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2013

1. I would stop working and live on what I have saved (which is quite enough for at least a couple of years).

2. Make a bucket list of all of the things I wanted to do and haven't done, and do as many of them as possible.

3. Set up my will for those who are important to me.

4. Suffice it to say, just before I die I may want to ensure that a few deserving people join me. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2013

travel the world and the seven seas.

by Anonymousreply 508/25/2013

Probably nothing very much different. I'd feel sceptical as well - I remember reading an article about a guy who sued a hospital for mistakenly telling him that he only had x time to live. Turned out that they made a mistake and he went and spent all his money.

by Anonymousreply 608/25/2013

give up buying lottery tickets.

cease worrying about debt.

go and live with my parents.

by Anonymousreply 708/25/2013

[bold] If you found out you had one year to live, what would you do?[/bold]

Cheerful topic, OP!

by Anonymousreply 808/25/2013

You inherit five million dollars the same day aliens land on the Earth and say they're going to blow it up in two days. What do you do?

by Anonymousreply 908/25/2013

If I got that money, I'd give it all to the Homeless. Every cent.

by Anonymousreply 1008/25/2013

Eat fried food.

by Anonymousreply 1108/25/2013

I found out this week that I have kidney cancer and it's bad. I'm unemployed and have no health insurance. I'm not even going to bother with treatment. Told my doctor that I just want some major drugs for the pain. Am in a fair amount of discomfort right now. WIll be doing more tests this week to find out just how bad it is and to get an idea how log I have.

I haven't told anyone yet. Not sure if I'm going to. Don't have any close family except a brother I haven't spoken to in 30 years. We didn't even have a conversation a few years ago when my mother passed away.

There is part of me that wants to cash out what's left of the 401K and travel until I drop. The other part of me feels like why bother.

Right now the thing that concerns me most is that my 18 year old cat is going to outlive me and I have no idea what I should do about her.

by Anonymousreply 1208/25/2013

So sorry to hear that, r12. I wish you all the happiness that is possible in the remaining days.

by Anonymousreply 1308/25/2013

Shave my pussy!

by Anonymousreply 1408/25/2013

First, could I get a refund on my Datalounge subscription?

by Anonymousreply 1508/25/2013

Fuck anyone I took a shine to.

by Anonymousreply 1608/25/2013

According to the saying, I'd get busy dying.

by Anonymousreply 1708/25/2013

Sleep it through.

by Anonymousreply 1808/26/2013

Bleach my anus!

by Anonymousreply 1908/26/2013

sorry, r12- that totally sucks. maybe you should see a lawyer about setting up a fund for your cat's care.

by Anonymousreply 2008/26/2013

A year? Dunno. But if it were a shorter term: a couple of weeks or so, I'd hole up in a smoking allowed hotel with a couple of cartons of cigarettes and cough myself to death. No inhalers. Should take a day or so.

by Anonymousreply 2108/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 2208/26/2013

I’d pay Madonna a million bucks to have her sit on my face and have her ride it like the Kentucky Derby.

She should pay me, though.

by Anonymousreply 2308/26/2013

About 15 years ago, a friend was told he had two weeks to live. Non-Hodgkins which had not been diagnosed, and a fast growing cancer on his tongue. Instead of crumbling (like I would) he maxed out his credit card and flew to Paris because he'd never been there. He also got some kind of insurance to fly his body home in case he croaked there.

Unfortunately, he lived.

When he returned from Paris he had major surgery on the lymph nodes and on his tongue. The surgery was successful, and between that and chemo he is still alive.

Then the credit card company started calling. He'd quit his job, had little in savings and no retirement investments. That, he told me, was when the real nightmare began. He got a job and was able to pay the credit card company back but it took a few years.

To this day I believe that his attitude was what saved him. Instead of collapsing he decided to go to Paris. I couldn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 2408/26/2013

You couldn't go to Paris?

by Anonymousreply 2508/27/2013

Not R24, but..

No, my credit cards are already maxed out.

And I've been out of work for two years.

I would keep living off friends probably. At least the pressure would be off to find a job.

I'd feel awful about it, but I wouldn't tell anyone, lest they stop helping me knowing they probably would never be paid back.

Might try to lie my way into a life insurance policy so everyone I owe money to might get paid back when I die. Better to screw over some insurance company than my friends!

by Anonymousreply 2608/27/2013

R12... I am thinking about you. If you could contact me, I would make sure your cat was taken care.

Are you on Facebook? If yes, I am sure you can find someone to offer.

Wish I could take you out for a drink.

by Anonymousreply 2708/27/2013

R12, come join us on the Datalounge Facebook page. We're much nicer over there and would be happy to have you. Just come over and let us know how we can help.

by Anonymousreply 2808/27/2013

Buy an assault weapon and tons of ammo. Learn how to shoot.

Go on a Wall Street rampage.

by Anonymousreply 2908/27/2013

I would start smoking again. This shows how much I miss it.

by Anonymousreply 3008/27/2013

r12 I'd sell off nearly everything and live everyday like an adventure. Wake up asking: Where/what do I want to eat? Where do I want to go? What whores do I want to pork? How much H do I want to toot?

The last thing I would do before dying is murder the Jews that I know ripped me off.

by Anonymousreply 3108/27/2013

[bold]If you found out you had one year to live, what would you do?[/bold]

[italic]Here's my answer, OP . . .![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 3208/27/2013

Give up Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 3308/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!