Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lawyers don't seem ashamed at being lawyers

I met someone and he admitted it. Right out in public!!!! He almost seemed proud of it. So strange!

by Anonymousreply 2608/25/2013

Like DOCTORS! What a SHAM! Don't EVEN get me started! It's INCONCIEVABLE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2013

Repellent as they are, they serve a purpose.

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2013

I'll only be happy when all lawyers make no more than $19.95 and hour.

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2013

R1, I hope you're kidding. Even the least noble doctor, who is pursuing a career only for money, is better than a lawyer. Lawyers only perpetuate the "break a nail, sue someone" insanity. Lawyers have fucked up society.

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2013

Lawyers ARe pond scum.

by Anonymousreply 508/25/2013

People seem to want to be a lawyer and admire lawyers. It's a prized profession.

by Anonymousreply 608/25/2013

Something weird happens in law school, too...

Two of my best friends from college went to law school wanting to be the good kind of lawyer--work at legal aid, helping the poor and mentally ill. One had actually been a social worker with me. Magically, as soon as they popped out, they both became corporate lawyers and are sort of cynical and jaded.

by Anonymousreply 708/25/2013

Because law is all about money, R7. Lawyers suck. There is really no need for them, aside from the fact that there are so many fucking lawyers graduating each year.

by Anonymousreply 808/25/2013

R6, they Are prized because it seems the surest way of making money.

by Anonymousreply 908/25/2013

What we need are people who can think. However, law schools don't seem to turn out many of those.

by Anonymousreply 1008/25/2013

I can't believe that OP. That guy must have been a bit "off."

I've never heard of one actually being proud of of what they do.

They all know in their hearts that they are evil incarnate. They couldn't possibly deny it.

by Anonymousreply 1108/25/2013

Who got gays legal rights? Lawyers. Some of them are indeed good. Others are just whores.

by Anonymousreply 1208/25/2013

No, R10, you are wrong. Law schools do indeed teach you to think. It is a talent to be able to see all sides of an issue, to see in other than black and white, to be able to marshal facts and apply the facts to legal principles. Clearly these do not apply to you as evidenced by your unsupported and biased opinion.

by Anonymousreply 1308/25/2013

r13 sounds haughty. I hate haughty.

by Anonymousreply 1408/25/2013

Was at a unemployment hearing for someone I fired for theft. She had a lawyer present. He was a cartoon. He waddled in looking like something out of The Godfather. Started grilling me and putting on a show like a TV lawyer. "So, do you admit that......?" It was hilarious. It was hard not to laugh in his face at all the high drama.....for an unemployment case. Even the referee was rolling her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1508/25/2013

OP = antisemite.

by Anonymousreply 1608/25/2013

r16 I think they let non-jews into the law nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 1708/25/2013

Why do people say "the law?" So fucking pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 1808/25/2013

Just remember some lawyers become judges and justices.

by Anonymousreply 1908/25/2013

Why do so many people complain about the things lawyers do? They are there as THE advocate for a client. Don't people who engage a lawyer's services want to have a successful outcome? Some people are scum, some lawyers are likewise. If you want to rip someone's throat out, you get a pitbull. Lawyers are the equivalent.

by Anonymousreply 2008/25/2013

You mean you hire bullies. Well, not surprising. Bullies probably do make the best lawyers.

"a talent to see all sides of the issue." No a talented lawyer only sees one side, the one he's paid to see.

by Anonymousreply 2108/25/2013

So, when you get arrested, call your hairdresser to defend you.

by Anonymousreply 2208/25/2013

Well, remember that some of them have done good things. Defending civil rights, gay rights, advancing social justice and standing up for innocent people.

Small things like that.

by Anonymousreply 2308/25/2013

Q: How is a group of lawyers like a cum load?

A: Out of each you get one human being.

by Anonymousreply 2408/25/2013

Many doctors are robot like. Surgeons are not generally nice people. They treat a sick or injured person as a broken machine. They make loads of money sometimes accomplishing absolutely nothing.

At least a lawyer has their clients' interests in mind, and how could you forget that a lawyer has been there nearly every time justice has been served.

by Anonymousreply 2508/25/2013

Sometimes District Attorneys should be ashamed of being District Attorneys. I mean they lie and cheat and convict the innocent, if they are of color and free the guilty, who are white.

by Anonymousreply 2608/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.