Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are you currently under water?

My Mom just shared that my brother and his bitch wife are and asked Mom and Dad for a loan to "fix" things. I am trying my best to restrain my glee.

What about you? Are you under water or know someone who is.

by Anonymousreply 1908/27/2013

I think my sister and her husband are. They tried to live large on her part-time bank teller job (and selling jewelry on the side) and his factory job. Always adding a deck or a pond on to their house, always two or 3 cars. Now they're trying to dump the home for the 100k they'll earn from the sale.

by Anonymousreply 108/26/2013

R1 If they're going to earn anything from the sale, they can't be underwater.

by Anonymousreply 208/26/2013

OP, why do you hate your brother and his wife so much?

by Anonymousreply 308/26/2013

no, we strive hard against it

by Anonymousreply 408/26/2013

just about, time to bail us out!

by Anonymousreply 508/26/2013

Yes, why do you ask?

by Anonymousreply 608/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2013

I think my sister-in-law and her bf are. She works as a short-order cook at a little diner, and he is a maintenance worker at the local civic center. They are constantly going on those pyramid scheme "You Should Be Here!" trips and posting all kinds of "prosperity gospel" stuff on Facebook. We have no idea how they've been able to afford all these trip investments. There was an accusation from the BFs employer that he had stolen some AV equipment from the venue to try and sell, but then he supposedly offered the manager and his family some free nights at a nearby resort/water park for not saying anything. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 808/26/2013

#2, they have to pay off debts and find a new place with that $100k. And I think it's going to take that plus more when the final bill comes in.

They got greedy and lost. They were offered about 100k more back in the mid-2000's but wanted to hold out for more. Then the housing crash...

by Anonymousreply 908/27/2013

Like totally-at least in about 25 years

by Anonymousreply 1008/27/2013

No. Thankfully.

I've tried to live frugally and not spend money on dumb shit. Of course, there are those who will make fun of me for living below my means but, hey, at least I'm not in debt.

Not that it means much anymore. I should just run up my CCs and declare bankruptcy. Everybody else is doing it.

by Anonymousreply 1108/27/2013

I am. For life.

by Anonymousreply 1208/27/2013

Pretty, as salinity of the ground water rises. . . .

by Anonymousreply 1308/27/2013

Yes, completely fucked. Bankrupt, house isn't worth anywhere near what it was bought for, unemployed.

by Anonymousreply 1408/27/2013

Completely, for centuries

by Anonymousreply 1508/27/2013

It's like the el that goes by Elwood's crib every couple of minutes. Jake asks, "How often does the train go by?" Elwood. "So often you won't even notice". That's how far underwater I am... and I don't notice nor care. I'm so far underwater, it's just like I'm not under water at all.

by Anonymousreply 1608/27/2013

It's definitely sort of freeing... once it happens you just don't give a fuck about anything anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1708/27/2013

Yes! Big time!!!

by Anonymousreply 1808/27/2013

My titties couldn't even save me!

by Anonymousreply 1908/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!