Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

True Blood Stephen Moyer as Captain Von Trapp in Sound of Music

The three-hour musical telecast, starring previously announced Grammy winner Carrie Underwood as Maria Von Trapp and produced by Smash's Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, will air on December 5.

by Anonymousreply 2408/25/2013

He has the right look.

Can he sing ?

by Anonymousreply 108/24/2013

I will only watch if Captain Trapp rips Maria's throat open and drains her dry. While gurgling 'Eidleweiss'.

by Anonymousreply 208/24/2013

Must Miss TV

by Anonymousreply 308/24/2013

R1 Here's a performance from Chicago (with none other than singing superstar Ashlee Simpson).

by Anonymousreply 408/24/2013

Moyers is perfect and whatever you think of Simpson, she has gotten great reviews every time she's done "Chicago".

by Anonymousreply 508/24/2013

I think this could be pretty good actually. Unless Underwood ruins it with too much twee-ness. Moyers should be good.

by Anonymousreply 608/24/2013

I think I'll leave my Julie Andrews memories intact.

Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer don't sound all that great to me.

Who will be playing Max and Elsa?

by Anonymousreply 708/24/2013

Jesus Fucking Christ, how does he get the time and energy to do that?

by Anonymousreply 808/24/2013

Joe M. was offered the part but his obligations to filming True Blood prevented our being graced by his skills in both song and dance.

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2013

The boy who plays Fredrich will come out as gay in 2027.

by Anonymousreply 1108/25/2013

This has been discussed at length in the theater thread.

by Anonymousreply 1208/25/2013

I've never seen Stephen Moyer in anything before, but he's quite impressive in that clip (I assume it's from the Hollywood Bowl production this summer?)

by Anonymousreply 1308/25/2013

He actually sang and played the piano in season 2 of True Blood, hard hearted Hannah the vamp of savannah. He was pretty good too.

by Anonymousreply 1408/25/2013

If he sings like he does in this clip and she sings off-key (which she usually does), this might be one live show to watch because it will be like looking at a terrible traffic don't want to look/watch, but you can't help it.

by Anonymousreply 1508/25/2013

C Z-J as the Baroness-PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 1608/25/2013

Three hours? Are they playing all the music like a funeral dirge? Did they add more dialog?

by Anonymousreply 1708/25/2013

R16 Thank you, but I am FAR too young to play that role. I was thinking about Liesl ...

by Anonymousreply 1808/25/2013

r17, doesn't the show usually run about three hours? And that's with only a fifteen-minute intermission, whereas on TV there'll obviously be far more than fifteen minutes of commercials, so I imagine they'll be cutting stuff.

The movie, without including an intermission, is two hours and fifty-four minutes. Back when commercial breaks were shorter, they used to be able to make enough small cuts here and there in it to fit it on TV in a three-hour time slot. Now, I think that would be impossible with the higher number of commercials they want to show today, so these days it gets four hours.

by Anonymousreply 1908/25/2013

I hope one of the kids pukes or farts during the live broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 2008/25/2013

I tried, and failed, to like True Blood. I eye-rolled it through one season. That was all I could manage, despite the stellar and hugely time consuming work of Joe M, of course.

Is Moyer more talented than he seemed in that first season?

by Anonymousreply 2108/25/2013

Perfect casting because I'm assuming that Captain Von Trapp glamoured Maria into being the governess to seven fucking children.

by Anonymousreply 2208/25/2013

Moyer is always a vapid bore on TB. He's the lead male but somehow you barely notice him.

(this sounds like a career ending role BTW)

by Anonymousreply 2308/25/2013

Next Up: NBC's remake of [italic]West Side Story[/italic], starring Who Gives a Shit!

by Anonymousreply 2408/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!