Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Forgotten wedding gifts

Oy

by Anonymousreply 808/25/2013

Thanks for the fucking Frau thread.

Who else cares about this sht? It doesn't belong here.

by Anonymousreply 108/24/2013

All three gifts were from Bergdorf Goodman.

by Anonymousreply 208/24/2013

New low for the New York Times.

by Anonymousreply 308/24/2013

I went to a law school classmate/friend's wedding about 14 years ago, and since i was very busy, didn't get them a gift before the wedding, thinking i would do so immediately thereafter. Then I promptly forgot until probably 5 years later. At that point I was too embarrassed. They eventually moved away, but when I see them now at reunions, I always think they are being just slightly cold to me, and I think that may be why.

by Anonymousreply 408/24/2013

[quote]The way Ms. Smith sees it, it’s acceptable to confront those guests who have failed to send even a token. The best way to do so is with a delicate, in-person conversation. “You tell them that you’ve been writing your thank-you notes and realized that you haven’t written one to them: it’s an ‘I’ statement,” she said.

What!? No, it's NOT ok to be an entitled, wedding-obsessed bitch. Wedding madness has created an entire universe of assholes and weirdos who think the whole world is as fascinated by their wedding as they are. They're NOT, and regardless of how elaborate one's wedding is, one invites the guests they want to be there, and all gifts are optional.

I hope I never get invited to another wedding as long as I live. Madness.

by Anonymousreply 508/24/2013

The appropriate reply to "where's my fucking gift" is "I never wanted to be invited to your wedding in the first place." The article has someone ragging because a guest declined the invitation and didn't send a gift. I can't control where I get invited but no one, outside of a work situation, can force me to give a gift.

by Anonymousreply 608/25/2013

Crazee Entitled people. But do you know something? If you don't demand crap from people, you won't get anything.

by Anonymousreply 708/25/2013

[quote]No, it's NOT ok to be an entitled, wedding-obsessed bitch.

This.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 808/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.