Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Angie Harmon still thinks she’s discriminated against because she’s a Republican

Bedhead covered some quotes from Angie Harmon’s More Magazine cover profile several days ago – go here to see. Some additional quotes have been released and OMG, Angie Harmon is a broken record about her Republican politics and how everyone hates her because she’s a Republican. Angie notably went off about her politics shortly after Pres. Obama was first elected. She gave a two-part interview to Fox News about how everyone who criticizes Obama gets labeled a “racist” and how she’s been passed over for jobs in liberal Hollywood because of her conservative politics. I think the whole “passed over for jobs” thing is particularly weird considering one of the most celebrated and beloved people in Hollywood is Clint Eastwood, a conservative Republican who has actually held public office as a Republican (and who yelled at a chair during last year’s RNC). Anyway, here are some new thoughts from Angie:

Her politics: “I’m a liberal Republican…we actually exist. Call it naïveté or stupidity, but I didn’t know that unless you are a Democrat, you aren’t allowed to talk politics in Hollywood.”

Her early start in modeling: “I loved every moment of it,” she said. “I’m in Azzedine Alaïa’s factory and doing fittings [talking to] Giorgio Armani — he was so interesting. I do wonder now if Karl [Lagerfeld] or Giorgio would remember me, because they’ve seen so many faces since mine.”

On therapy: “I believe in therapy. I don’t believe in staying in it for life. When you have an issue, you go talk to someone, get your issue taken care of, then you go live your life, and you’re armed with the tools to do it correctly.”

[From Us Weekly & USA Today]

“I didn’t know that unless you are a Democrat, you aren’t allowed to talk politics in Hollywood.” She says to More Magazine, after breaking the chains of liberal discrimination against attractive women in Hollywood, all so she can promote her popular TV show on a cable station founded by noted liberal Ted Turner. Those dastardly liberals! But here’s what I really think is going on: Angie is like the Olivia Wilde of the Republican party. Those of us who followed Olivia Wilde’s involvement in Democratic politics know exactly what that means. It’s not that we don’t like Angie’s particular politics. It’s that it’s annoying when an actor doing mediocre work gets on their high horse and deigns to tell us what we should think about liberal or conservative politics.

by Anonymousreply 6509/01/2013

No Angie, you're "discriminated" against because you act like a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 108/24/2013

An obese person working as a personal trainer would face discrimination as well. Leave show business and start a church for the tax breaks.

by Anonymousreply 308/24/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 408/24/2013

[quote]How come Julia Roberts has had such a career then ?

Because despite being a bitch, she could actually act, unlike Angie.

by Anonymousreply 508/24/2013

She's a huge cokehead and a cunt, those two things have cost plenty of liberal actresses work.

For a model turned actress of very limited ability, this cunt has gotten tons of work. Two successful, long-running tv shows? There are thousands of liberal, Democratic actresses who would kill to have her career.

Also, these lying sacks of Republican shit need stop playing like they're victims. Discriminated against? Oh, really?

ALL OF THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE ARE REPUBLICANS:

Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, Gary Oldman, Robert Duvall, David Lynch, Matthew McConaughey, Kelsey Grammer, Adam Sandler, Jerry Bruckheimer, Jon Voight, Chuck Norris, Hilary Duff, Gene Simmons, Kid Rock, Gary Sinise, Vince Vaughn, Sarah Michelle Gellar, LL Cool J, Jessica Simpson, Drew Carey, Don King, Bo Derek, Dean Cain, Gloria Estefan, Heather Locklear, James Earl Jones, Patricia Heaton, The Rock, 50 Cent, Alice Cooper, Stephen Baldwin, Susan Lucci, Sylvester Stallon, Tom Selleck, Tony Danza, Brittany Spears, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Joan Rivers.

This list doesn't even scratch the surface. Some of the biggest names and most successful people in Hollywood are Republicans. Angie Harmon can suck my Democratic balls.

by Anonymousreply 608/24/2013

Is "Angie Harmon was up for the role, but lost it because of her Republican politics" the new "Joe Mangianello had to decline because of his schedule on True Blood"?

by Anonymousreply 708/24/2013

What a tired hag.

by Anonymousreply 808/24/2013

Don't hate me because I am beautiful! Poor poor Angie.

She always looked anorexic to me.

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2013

Would love to see her play Janis Joplin.

by Anonymousreply 1008/24/2013

But we still like her better than Madonna and Gwyneth, right?

by Anonymousreply 1108/24/2013

Angie Harmon IS suffering from discrimination: casting directors are simply less likely to call Republicans who can't act.

by Anonymousreply 1208/24/2013

This talent-free bitch really needs to STFU. She's had a far better career than meager skills would merit. There's nothing more annoying that a rich, white republican (she's from Highland Park, Texas - one of the wealthiest zip codes in the state) crying about discrimination. CUNT

by Anonymousreply 1308/24/2013

She was the answer to a recent blind item that she would quit her show if they made her character a lesbian. Homophobic Republican Cunt

by Anonymousreply 1408/24/2013

I didn't know Matthew McConahey was one of them. Yuck. And no wonder Mel Gibson is such a horrible monster.

by Anonymousreply 1508/24/2013

She's has the reputation of an uber-cunt (like Heaton) who has also supposedly lied about her age for years. Sandra Bernhard sang a great little parody ditty about Harmon's delusion on her short-lived talk show once that I've never forgotten. Here's part of an interview where Harmon admits she knows the of the song and acts good-natured about it (I'll bet she was fuming):

by Anonymousreply 1608/24/2013

Some of the listed Republicans are in dispute. LL Cool J and Sarah Michelle Gellar support Obama, for example.

by Anonymousreply 1708/24/2013

I'd like to see Angie and Elisabeth Hasselbeck in a sitcom together as crime solving sisters. With cameos by their football star husbands! That would be hysterical but I know the racists in Hollywood won't allow it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 1808/24/2013

R6 Hilary Duff is not a Republican; she donated to Obama's campaign last year.

by Anonymousreply 1908/24/2013

She's an asshole either way. I have no sympathy for the bitch. To align yourself with the Republican Party is just wrong!

by Anonymousreply 2008/24/2013

There are a number of moderate Republicans who supported Obama, especially in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 2108/24/2013

No, they are not in dispute.

LL Cool J may admire President Obama but he publicly supported John McCain at the Republican convention in 2004 along with supporting Republican George Pataki.

Sarah Michelle Gellar was a registered Republican in 2012. It's a matter of public record.

by Anonymousreply 2208/24/2013

Really, R19?

That's odd, because she's on the Republican Security Council's list of the 45 most admired Republican women under 45 years old, compiled in 2011. (Sarah Michelle Gellar also made that list.)

by Anonymousreply 2308/24/2013

Melissa Joan Hart, Joey Lawrence and Scott Baio are all loser D-list Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 2408/24/2013

I purposely left Scott Baio off of the list. He's such a huge and extreme douche that I didn't even want him on a "regular" These People Are Douchebag Republicans list.

I suppose on that basis I should have left off quite a few people but for some reason it was just him.

by Anonymousreply 2508/24/2013

Who the hell is the Republican Security Council? Unless someone identifies as such or donates to causes aligned with an ideology I take alleged celebrity political affiliations with a grain of salt. For example, Ashley Judd was tagged as a Republican babe by some now defunct website years ago. She is NOT a Republican. Not remotely. Ashley is a very vocally liberal Democrat and made them remove her from the list.

I think SMG was included on that list, come to think of it. I do know that SMG has publicly supported marriage equality. When I Googled I couldn't find any hard proof that SMG is a registered Republican. All I found were links claiming she is. Until I see proof I won't assume she is a Republican or a Democrat.

LL Cool J is actually a registered Independent. That's what he told Piers Morgan. Transcript of that interview is linked. Now show me some proof about SMG.

by Anonymousreply 2608/24/2013

Barbra Streisand told Piers Morgan that she could never be in a romantic relationship with a Republican. Do you agree with her?

by Anonymousreply 2708/24/2013

Yes

by Anonymousreply 2808/24/2013

no honey, it's not you are a republican, it's your fucking husky voice!

by Anonymousreply 2908/24/2013

Explain, R28.

by Anonymousreply 3008/24/2013

We don't cast her because she's a no talent cunt, not because she's a republican.

by Anonymousreply 3108/24/2013

[quote]Barbra Streisand told Piers Morgan that she could never be in a romantic relationship with a Republican. Do you agree with her?

As someone who is gay, I absolutely agree with her. Why would I want to be with someone who votes for people who want to keep gays from having equal rights? I would also think they either had self-hate issues or their priorities fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 3208/24/2013

she tells it like it is.

by Anonymousreply 3308/24/2013

Either way, LL Cool J can never be forgiven for this nonsense:

by Anonymousreply 3408/24/2013

There is no explanation, apart from a woman wanting to stay on the good side of her daddy, that sensibly addresses who she would claim to be "liberal" and "Republican" at the same time.

The behavior of the party leaders, shills, PR people, elected members, candidates, grass-roots reps, and members at large over the last 45 years has left it as a depraved shell able to reach its target voters only by playing to racist, know-nothing, hate-mongering agendas and platforms. A woman who aligns herself with this cabal of cynical reactionary xenophobes is not a person with whom sane professionals would want to be associated. It is the equivalent of saying, "But I'm a GOOD racist cunt."

Sorry, Angie. We have reached the point where the GOP is NOT mainstream. No decent person of conscience and sanity would bleat about membership in it. With due respect to the few GOP elected officials still in office who are not in this category of deluded fools (Susan Collins is one example), being a Republican today falls into the same category as KKK-lite, Brown-Shirt a la tan, and Hate Central.

by Anonymousreply 3508/24/2013

I'd really like to fuck her husband. As long as he didn't speak.

by Anonymousreply 3608/24/2013

Republicans often pretend to be Independents (see, O'Reilly, Bill).

Many Republicans support marriage equality (see Cheney, Dick).

Post-election analysis showed that quite a few Republicans voted for President Obama in one or both of his elections (see Republicans, A Lot Of Them).

They are all still Republicans, girls.

by Anonymousreply 3708/24/2013

Liberal Republican = oxymoron.

by Anonymousreply 3808/25/2013

Janine Turner has also claimed that she can't get roles because she is a Republican. She appeared in the third season of Friday Night Lights and she wasn't asked back for the fourth season. She claimed that the producers didn't ask her back because of her Republican status and the actors who played her character's son and husband were asked back.

by Anonymousreply 3908/25/2013

She seems like she would be a nice person, funny and light-hearted. The republican thing makes me think she's got serious issues, though. But I equate it to my former religiosity. I used to be a bible-thumping fool before I came out. This was back in my confused days. I'm from the south and all the messages were that I could not be normal and gay, you know? When I finally accepted myself, I no longer needed the religion.

I think, in this day and age, Republicans are homophobes, racists and sexist. And they hide behind politics so they can discriminate. Because I know, if Republicans actually practiced the things they claim to --small government, fiscal conservatism, individual responsibility -- I would be a Republican.

I do like her show, mainly for Sasha Alexander.

by Anonymousreply 4008/25/2013

I bet she sees how stupid Sarah Palin is and thinks she could do better. You know she does

by Anonymousreply 4108/25/2013

Nope, she liked Palin. Was a supporter. She also had something to say about the pageant girl who was for "opposite sex" marriage. She felt bad that she lost just for stating her opinion. But the lesbians love her. I'm a lesbian, but I can't get past her politics. She does butch it up on Rizzoli and Isles.

by Anonymousreply 4208/25/2013

R43, if you have actual talent, you work. I'm so tired of hearing these pussies complain about not working when they're on a series constantly. Patricia Heaton, Kelsey Grammar, et al. They're working. The ones who don't are talentless, over or fucked their faces up. Quit whining and playing victim. I thought that was for filthy libs

by Anonymousreply 4408/25/2013

R43 is not an incidental Republican!

He's a fuckwitted Libertardian. Probably another one of those idiots who registers as an "Independent" so he can piss and moan about everyone else and pretend that nothing's his fault.

He's just as useless as a Republican, with the added bonus of copious amounts of pot and no hope of ever controlling any facet of government.

You go, gurrl.

by Anonymousreply 4508/25/2013

[quote]Angie [Harmon] notably went off about her politics shortly after Pres. Obama was first elected [in 2008]. She gave a two-part interview to Fox News about how everyone who criticizes Obama gets labeled a “racist” and how she’s been passed over for jobs in liberal Hollywood because of her conservative politics.

Sounds like [italic]projection[/italic]. But I don't care to waste time trying to analyze who Angie Harmon may be. It should be stated, however, that her No. 1 problem has nothing to do with her politics. Angie Harmon having "been passed over for [acting] jobs" has to do with her not being good enough.

by Anonymousreply 4608/25/2013

She was up for Joe M's role on True Blood but they wouldn't hire her because of her politics.

by Anonymousreply 4708/25/2013

She deserves nothing, she's gawd-awful.

by Anonymousreply 4808/25/2013

What does liberal Republican even mean?

by Anonymousreply 4908/25/2013

I'd like some sort of justification, R43, that Steven Spielberg is a pedophile, closeted or not. That's an outrageous statement.

And, by the way, the rest of your post is vile and racist.

by Anonymousreply 5008/25/2013

I don't see Elisabeth Rohm whining to every possible media outlet that she has no career because of HER politics (whatever they are). Presumably she realizes that given her nonexistent acting skills and reported cuntiness, what career she had made her the luckiest person in the profession.

Aside from Angie Harmon.

Whatever happened to gratitude?

by Anonymousreply 5108/25/2013

Janine Turner would likely frighten fellow Texan and Republican Angie Harmon. I never watched Friday Night Lights so I don't know how integral her character was to the stories. But Turner is on the batshit continuum. Not as far out there as Victoria Jackson, but getting there. She has some right wing website and radio show. Let's just say she makes Sarah Palin sound rational. Some people don't get hired because they're unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 5208/25/2013

I like her whisky-ish voice however I can't understand her most of the time. She doesn't enunciate very well. And as already mentioned, less than mediocre acting ability.

by Anonymousreply 5308/25/2013

I'd be more interested in the actual article. Celebitchy jumped the shark for me awhile back.

by Anonymousreply 5408/25/2013

Angie Harmon is funny and goofy on Rizzoli & Isles, and it baffles me to learn she's a Republican because on that show, the characters are barely crypto-lesbo. They're playing it up, lolling in bed, gayer than Cagney & Lacey. I don't get it. Also, I heard from two different lesbians who didn't know one another a bizarre story about Angie Harmon meeting the Bulgari jewelry person (somebody lends celebrities jewelry for big events) at a hotel and emerging from the bathroom with a dazzling necklace and braless with some lame come-hither line. No idea if the story is true, but how weird that she says she'll toe the lesbo line but not cross it? (If that blind item about an actress who would quit if her character went gay is indeed about Angie.)

I love her raspy voice, I think she's beautiful, and I'll chalk her stupid politics up to her religious, southern background.

by Anonymousreply 5508/25/2013

She talk-a like a man

by Anonymousreply 5608/25/2013

I simply don't care. If you still call yourself a Republican considering the current state of the GOP then the shoe fits.

by Anonymousreply 5708/25/2013

R27, yes.

In the far past, not a deal-breaker, because the rethug party wasn't, well, all thugs. Now it is.

The reason I won't vote for anyone, ever, who's a rethug (local included, I mean) is because anyone who is OK with what that party has become, enough to still consider themselves a part of it, cannot get my vote.

If a rethug in 2013 knows what the party platform is and still votes that way, I can barely manage to be civil to them in a political conversation. If someone votes rethug and doesn't know the platform, they're too stupid to be with.

by Anonymousreply 5808/25/2013

She doesn't seem that bright or particularly well-educated. When I was 18 I identified and registered as a Republican because I bought into the small government argument. Or rather my misunderstanding of it. I was naive and grew up in a rural, conservative area. Then I went away to college and learned how the world really works. Since then I've been getting progressively leftist and am basically a Marxist now. Sadly some people who grew up in conservative households or regions don't have a paradigm shift as I did.

by Anonymousreply 5908/26/2013

[quote]I'd be more interested in the actual article. Celebitchy jumped the shark for me awhile back

I read the article, R54, and it is nothing like celebitchy says it is. She doesn't say that she is being discriminated against. She does say that when she first said she is a Republican that people were against her but not that she couldn't get work. She goes on to say that she is pro-choice and in favor of marriage equality. Yeah, she is still a Republican but when famous conservatives say that they are pro-choice and support gay rights then that is a good thing IMO because they have conservative fans listening. I'm guessing that celebitchy just added the rest to get traffic to the site. It was a good article.

Personally, I have always seen Harmon as a RINO. She seems to stick to saying she is a Republican just because of her southern background and not because of some allegiance to the party.

by Anonymousreply 6008/26/2013

My brother the Republican holds similar views about marriage equality and reproductive rights, r60. His Republicanism is mainly due to fiscal conservatism. I've tried to reason with him, but it doesn't work. He works in the corporate world and is upper middle class. So he has definitely drunk the corporate Kool-Aid. Some people can't see beyond their wallets and still buy into the anti-tax spiel of Republicans. At least my brother doesn't love idiots like Rand Paul.

by Anonymousreply 6108/26/2013

It always puzzles me when Republicans immediately bring up Obama's race, a propos of nothing, then complain that they are then called racist. Like many Repulicans under 50 she believes in the "freedom" to scrape one's womb of pesky fetal cells and to fuck whoever you want; I'm sure she likes pot too, since that's the libertarian trifecta,. But she also believes we can have a civil society in which alll members do not contribute to it's well being, and where it is okay to marginalize the bad (racial) minorities as long as you support the good one's (her gays). She's disgusting and in a decent society she wouldn't get work.

by Anonymousreply 6208/26/2013

Her political donations aren't RINO

by Anonymousreply 6308/26/2013

I agree with R58. I didn't really despise the Republican party until 2000. I disagreed with them but I didn't think they were evil. But it's a different Republican party now.

And if as R60 says, she's for marriage equality and pro-choice and still identifies herself as a Republican, she's a dumb piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 6408/26/2013

Anyone who claims to be a Republican because of their "fiscal conservatism" in 2013 is quite simply a liar. At least Tea Baggers are honest, with themselves and everyone else: they don't like coloreds and inverts.

by Anonymousreply 6509/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!