Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I know we've beaten this to death, but flip flops are still trashy

Shouldn't that stupid fashion fad have died out by now?

by Anonymousreply 2908/28/2013

I don't mind someone bringing this up again but the time to bring it up is at the beginning of the summer when they first appear:

Flap, flap, flap, flap, flap, flap, flap, flap, flap...

by Anonymousreply 408/24/2013

I still wear them around the house.

by Anonymousreply 508/24/2013

[quote]I don't mind someone bringing this up again but the time to bring it up is at the beginning of the summer when they first appear...

Beginning of summer??? I wish that they'd make their appearance only during the summer. Flip flops are ubiquitous, regardless of geography or climate. I see them worn year-round everywhere -- including, during the winter in NY. "Flap, flap, flap" is right.

by Anonymousreply 608/24/2013

I still can't walk in them. One or the other is always sliding away from its foot and I can't stand shuffling.

by Anonymousreply 808/24/2013

They're very third-world where people only wear them because it's hot as hell and/or that's all they can afford.

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2013

They've been around for decades, they aren't going away. The goal is to control and confine them.

Flip flops are acceptable on the beach, in the backyard, inside the house and at the pool. Their usage is confined to Summer only, unless it's an indoor pool or warm Winter resort. They are never acceptable on the street and people with ugly foot conditions are banned from wearing them anywhere at any time.

by Anonymousreply 1208/24/2013

My husband is famous for his flip flops and they have given him terminal foot-in-mouth disease.

by Anonymousreply 1308/24/2013

R14, please see R12, substitute "slides" for "flip flops" and you'll know the rules.

by Anonymousreply 1608/24/2013

But they're not even very comfortable. It's just that they're something that don't take much thought.

by Anonymousreply 1708/24/2013

Plantar fasciitis has been explained to me but I still don't get it. You have a wart on your foot that looks like Ann Coulter?

by Anonymousreply 1808/24/2013

Of course they're trashy. They are a treasured cornerstone of my website.

by Anonymousreply 1908/25/2013

Flip flops are only acceptable at the beach and in shared showers.

by Anonymousreply 2008/25/2013

I like wearing them sometimes. Kindly piss off.

by Anonymousreply 2108/25/2013

only when running out to dump the garbage on the street at night

by Anonymousreply 2208/25/2013

r14 With a minimum of rubber/polyethylene/god-knows-what, a man's foot is framed so nicely in flip-flops, and as much as I like 'em(and what routinely reside in them) I have to say those slides are ugly. Maybe it's the color, or the width, I don't know, but they sure are unappealing. So many guys look so good in flip-flops(anyone ever call 'em ZORIES, that was a term from when I was a kid, and no, not the 12th Century)

by Anonymousreply 2308/25/2013

Haven't worn much else since last May.

by Anonymousreply 2408/25/2013

I don't want any shoes I can't run in like Flo Jo- if it came to that.

by Anonymousreply 2508/27/2013

I don't like them. I am always getting after my spouse about wearing them during inappropriate times...like when it's super cold out or raining. Plus she wears the Old Navy ones that she's had for years and they are thin and worn out looking.

by Anonymousreply 2608/27/2013

I wear these all the time. They are super comfy!

by Anonymousreply 2708/28/2013

i dont like black people in flip flops

by Anonymousreply 2808/28/2013

I have neuropathy in my feet and can't wear flip flops, or slides, or even clogs. I need to have a heel on the shoe. But there are lots of cool "sports sandals" that I wear, and they're very comfy. The more your feet are getting air, the better for them.

by Anonymousreply 2908/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.