Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Glee Begins Production on Cory Monteith Tribute: "You Will Cry From Beginning to End"

Today 7:00 AM PDT

"Gut-wrenching" and "so, so good."

We've talked to sources who have read the script for Glee's Cory Monteith tribute episode, which is scheduled to begin production today in Los Angeles, and by all accounts, it does not disappoint.

"You will cry from beginning to end," says one insider.

"I cried as I read it, on every page," says another.

No spoilers here, but we can tell you that the episode takes place in Lima, Ohio, and centers around the death of Cory's character Finn Hudson. As promised, it is not revealed how Finn died, but the episode starts off with the news of his death and then moves on to focus on all the characters remembering and mourning him, and celebrating his life.

We are told that Lea Michele (Rachel) does not appear in the episode until the final act. Her presence is limited but incredibly powerful. And yes, she does sing.

We can also tell you that Santana (Naya Rivera) has a great, memorable part in the episode.

And the final song? Get ready to ugly cry.

"Just read Cory Monteith memorial episode," Jane Lynch tweeted on Wednesday. "Most beautiful thing. Thank you, @MrRPMurphy @BFalchuk Ian Brennan."

Glee creator Ryan Murphy previously revealed he felt it best not to include Finn's cause of death in Cory's tribute episode.

"At one point, we were going to have his character die after an accidental drug overdose—that was something we had considered," he said. "But we have decided that we're not going to have him pass from that."

"Basically, what we're doing in the episode is we are not telling you yet, or maybe not at all, how that character died," Murphy explained. "The idea being, how somebody died is interesting and maybe morbid, but we say very early on in the episode, 'This episode is about a celebration of that character's life.' That might be weird for some people, but it felt really exploitative to do it any other way."

Murphy previously told E! News he had planned to shoot the Monteith tribute (episode three) and then take a break to regroup and figure out how to move forward with the series. The initial plan for Glee's season five was to have Monteith heavily featured, at his own request, so some of the story arcs must be reconfigured.

Glee cast, we are thinking of you.

by Anonymousreply 8410/19/2013

I'm crying as I read

by Anonymousreply 108/24/2013

Who? What? Is that still on?

by Anonymousreply 208/24/2013

[quote]Lea will be milking it for all it's worth.

Oh give it up already. You are obviously too stupid to differentiate between Lea Michelle and her character on the show.

Love how they won't reveal how Finn died. Finn wasn't Monteith and drugs would be just a wrong move. It's also cool because the second someone hears someone else dies the first thing asked is how? Well, we may never know.

by Anonymousreply 708/24/2013

"my Man"?

by Anonymousreply 808/24/2013

R5, he only wanted to be heavily featured because of his drug addiction. He said that working a lot helped him staying away from the drugs. That's why Ryan Murphy gave him a huge part in the new upcoming season.

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2013

And ALL of the DL queens will be watching and posting snide comments about how bad it is.

by Anonymousreply 1308/24/2013

Name another song that would be weepier or more "Rachel," r11.

by Anonymousreply 1408/24/2013

It's ridiculous to not talk about how he died. People his character's age typically just don't drop dead so it's a cop-out to not even address it.

But this is Glee, so of course it will be ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1508/24/2013

She'll do "How Do I Live Without You"

by Anonymousreply 1608/24/2013

My eyes are bleeding as I read this. How could I possibly watch the show without putting my life in danger?

by Anonymousreply 1708/24/2013

I'd rather her do "With One More Look at You"....that would be more effective than My Man

by Anonymousreply 1808/24/2013

Rachel should sing Neneh Cherry's "Buffalo Stance" simply because it is a great song.

by Anonymousreply 1908/24/2013

Found your inner Streisand, r18 ?

How about People, or The way we were ?

by Anonymousreply 2008/24/2013

" I am Mrs. Finn Hud ..... I mean, I could have been Mrs. Finn Hudson ..."

by Anonymousreply 2108/24/2013

Lea sings "The Music That Makes Me Dance" from FUNNY GIRL.

by Anonymousreply 2208/24/2013

When will the stories about Lea's emotional breakdown on set be leaked by her PR team?

by Anonymousreply 2308/24/2013

Will Chris Colfer sing "Secret Love"?

by Anonymousreply 2408/24/2013

Orbison's Crying.

She'll chew the scenery,

she'll chew the memory of Monteith,

Hell, she'll chew Patti LuPone...

Like the true diva, she will rise from the ashes, they'll be someone else's ashes, but damn, she will rise from them!

by Anonymousreply 2508/24/2013

"My Heary Will Go On"

I don't think I want to watch. A TV slow is supposed to entertain me, not make me cry.

by Anonymousreply 2608/24/2013

[quote]It's ridiculous to not talk about how he died. People his character's age typically just don't drop dead so it's a cop-out to not even address it.

C'mon everybody at a funeral knows why they are there. The characters will know, they just won't mention it like, "Gee it was really horrible Finn walked in front of that bus".

by Anonymousreply 2708/24/2013

I believe he was pushed in front of a bus by a woman identified as Rose from Malibu.

by Anonymousreply 2808/24/2013

Circumstances being what they are, I guess I can understand their feeling the need to do an episode like this; however, I do not plan to watch.

Of course, I'm also sure their grief won't stop them from submitting the episode for an Emmy next year (in a last-ditch attempt to win for Best COMEDY Series of all things).

by Anonymousreply 2908/24/2013

If we don't know how Finn died, we can make something up, can't we?

My theory: he died of fright when he saw Rachel without her makeup in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 3008/24/2013

Rachel:

"If He Walked Into My Life"

"My Man"

Rest of cast joins her for:

"Seasons of Love"

"Don't Stop Believin'" (the Journey song from Season 1)

Fin! (oops, poor choice of closing...)

by Anonymousreply 3108/24/2013

She already did "My Man" in season two or three. They won't do it again.

by Anonymousreply 3208/24/2013

THIS is the song she will be singing.

by Anonymousreply 3308/24/2013

Isn't it a felony to reveal the contents of a GLEE script? Will those insiders have to be killed now?

by Anonymousreply 3408/24/2013

I've graciously offered to dub everyone's songs in the Finn tribute episode. It's my way of honoring Cory, and working through my own devastating grief.

by Anonymousreply 3508/24/2013

It's a "celebration of his life," so the final song is going to have to be "Don't Stop Believing." It's the song most associated with his character.

by Anonymousreply 3608/24/2013

Didn't she do My Man before?

I really hope they don't trot out Don't Stop Believing at a really slow tempo again.

The I'll Cover You reprise from RENT would be fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 3708/24/2013

Wait a minute. We're going to cry for a TV episode that hasn't even been filmed yet? How do they know these things? Are these PR people clairvoyant as well as sycophantic??

by Anonymousreply 3808/24/2013

I don't watch Glee, but I agree it would be tacky to discuss cause of death on the tribute episode.

The point of the episode is that he is gone and they and the fans of the show miss him terribly. It's not about holding their dead friend up as some kind of poster corpse for avoiding misfortune.

I dont think that Lea girl has been tacky about his death. I definitely see the humor in mocking her as the grieving Jackie O, but in all honestly, I don't think she's been tacky in the blogs/mags or anything.

by Anonymousreply 4008/24/2013

[quote]I dont think that Lea girl has been tacky about his death. I definitely see the humor in mocking her as the grieving Jackie O, but in all honestly, I don't think she's been tacky in the blogs/mags or anything.

People here like to confuse her with her character and Lea did the unforgivable to Theater Queens. She left Broadway for success on TV.

by Anonymousreply 4208/24/2013

No, she should be punished for that insipid Teen Choice speech.

by Anonymousreply 4308/24/2013

Lea will be performing "The White Horse" by Laid Back.

by Anonymousreply 4408/24/2013

Hopefully they will discuss the cause of his death in later episodes. It can be another opportunity to turn the show into a PSA, like with Quinn and texting while driving.

by Anonymousreply 4508/24/2013

Is "Glee" even a thing?

I'm going to check.

by Anonymousreply 4608/24/2013

I hope Finn's distraught mother breaks into the choir room and says "which one of you bastards is responsible for this?!"

by Anonymousreply 4708/24/2013

Exactly, r41. Why doesn't Glee do an episode about how he decided to destroy his life as a drug addict?

More importantly, why are they sending off a drug addict as if he died raising the flag on Iwo Jima, or saving people trapped in the World Trade Center on 9/11? He was a druggie, and stupid publicity whore Lea Michele was his enabler.

Great lesson for the future adults of America to watch and study.

This is the very worst of Hollywood PR stunts. Fucking PATHETIC.

by Anonymousreply 4808/24/2013

I will be the special guest star, as I teach the kids how to do my favorite casket dance.

by Anonymousreply 5108/24/2013

[quote]you don't understand reality. drug addicts can be good people. functional addicts do contribute to society, every day.

Holy fucking shit - Rush Limbaugh is posting here!

by Anonymousreply 5308/24/2013

Here's the scoop - Lea appears in artfully teased and disheveled hair and sings Jefferson Airplane's 'White Rabbit'. She serves Grace Slick realness including the vibrato trills.

by Anonymousreply 5608/24/2013

I think she will sing "Seasons in the Sun."

by Anonymousreply 5708/24/2013

R53 is a complete moron.

by Anonymousreply 5808/24/2013

Does eOnline just live inside the assholes of everyone in entertainment?

Their sycophantic crap is just sad.

by Anonymousreply 6308/26/2013

They are only filming this ep now. Just wait until they actually air it. The"entertainment" media coverage will be nauseating and Glee producers will be lapping up every ounce of it.

I hope they enjoy the momentary ratings, b/c that will likely be the last burst of those ratings until the series finale.

by Anonymousreply 6408/26/2013

That's why people take drugs, chillin' dataloungers, so they can be more social.

by Anonymousreply 6708/26/2013

"No, she should be punished for that insipid Teen Choice speech."

Whoever told her to wear that dress did just that.

by Anonymousreply 6808/26/2013

[quote]"You Will Cry From Beginning to End"

So viewers are going to be bored to tears? And that's different from past episodes because....?

by Anonymousreply 6908/26/2013

I'm already crying already.

by Anonymousreply 7010/10/2013

It was pretty lame, the actors did try hard to pretend they cared.

by Anonymousreply 7110/13/2013

They still have that fat drag queen on the show..

by Anonymousreply 7210/16/2013

A tribute to a drug addict? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 7310/16/2013

Let's all weep for the junkie...Oh wait we don't do that for the thousands of poor junkies in parks and the pushers who got them there go free.

This guy was a FUCKIN' JUNKIE. Who cares...

by Anonymousreply 7410/16/2013

Sorry, R74, I have a friend whose son was a "fucking junkie." His father cried for years on his son's birthdays, anniversary of his death, over the holiday season, and so on. He tried to get evidence against the murderer for two years, even though he was elderly and didn't even know how to use a computer. His whole family and circle of friends helped, as well as his small town librarian and dozens of other people. The police thought the victim was worthless because he was "a fucking junkie." If they had seen this father's pain, or given a damn, maybe they would have tried harder to convict the murderer. They knew who it was.

When someone dies, they leave behind a heartbroken family that never gets over it. It doesn't matter what mistakes somebody made in their life, if you loved them you loved them. That doesn't stop because they die.

Nobody is a "fucking junkie," they are still a human being, faults and all. You better hope you don't get judged like you judge other people, or who's going to mourn you?

by Anonymousreply 7510/16/2013

It seem like it's okay to make offensive comments about addicts and gays. When will it stop? Addiction is a disease.

by Anonymousreply 7610/16/2013

One of the sweetest guys I know is a (former) heroin junkie who's had the occasional relapse over the years. He's now happily partnered with a successful career and a baby daughter. If his family and friends had written him off as a "worthless junkie" he'd probably be dead right now. An addict is no better and no worse than the average person.

by Anonymousreply 7710/16/2013

Does anyone but lesbians really give a fuck about this shitty show?

by Anonymousreply 7810/16/2013

Squish Squish Sweeties.

by Anonymousreply 7910/16/2013

What do you guys have against junkies?

by Anonymousreply 8010/16/2013

The episode was maudlin, treacly, exploitative, and just plain cheaply manipulative.

I'm embarrassed for everyone involved.

It was the emotional equivalent of Joan & Melissa Rivers starring as themselves in the TV movie about Edgar's suicide.

Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 8110/16/2013

It was worth it just for the master class in bad acting that was Puck's locker room scene.

by Anonymousreply 8210/16/2013

R77 writes,

[quote]An addict is no better and no worse than the average person.

That is a good point.

But it also needs to be noted that an addict is very damaging. Not just to himself/herself; but to family and friends. Emotionally and/or financially.

The anger directed at a addict should not be so extreme that one wants the addict to be dead.

by Anonymousreply 8310/16/2013

People who ever used heroin ALL deserve to die a nasty death!

by Anonymousreply 8410/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.