Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Courtney Love plotting comeback: memoir, album, acting roles

A memoir coming out at Christmas, a new album and an attempt to restart her acting career. She talked to Vanity Fair about it this week and she still sounds nuts.

[quote]It’s like in fashion—you get one maverick, and all of a sudden everyone comes running. With [director] Milos Forman [on The People vs. Larry Flynt], I had Jim Brooks come running. I had Cameron Crowe come running. The reason I said no is a long story, and I have a book coming out at Christmas. I will explain in detail why I wasn’t in Girl, Interrupted, why I wasn’t in The Matrix, why I didn’t do [the Janis] Joplin biopic and all of that stuff. It’s all for a really good reason. You know, I’m still fairly cute, though. For a 49-year-old broad, I’m pretty cute.

And this:

[quote]You know, it was Madonna’s birthday the other day, and my friend Arianne [Phillipps], who was my stylist and then became Madonna’s stylist, hashtagged Madonna with #girlwiththemostcake. I hashtagged Arianne #ouch! Seriously, on her Facebook wall, because I had nothing better to do— this is when I was watching the entire Orange Is the New Black season in one night. I was up until seven a.m.—I went on Pinterest and got all of these incredible pictures of cake and just put them all on Arianne’s wall at, like, five a.m. And I don’t regret it! You know, because if Madonna is the girl with the most cake, what am I? The Material Girl now?

by Anonymousreply 6111/26/2013

wow Courtney. She is still so obsessed with talking about Vadge. I will forever love her for ruining Vadge's MTV Music Awards interview back in the 90s (at this point phony Vadge had developed a "I'm better than you peasants attitude" and tried to look like an aristocratic euro lady) but ever since then Courtney just keeps mentioning her in every damn interview!

I never knew she was supposed to be in "Girl, Interrupted" either. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 108/24/2013

Is that where she threw her shoe at Madge r1?

by Anonymousreply 208/24/2013

R2, she was throwing makeup (compacts) at her.

by Anonymousreply 308/24/2013

ooooo found it!

How did we survive without youtube!!

by Anonymousreply 408/24/2013

Look at how uncomfortable Vadge was. I'm anti-drugs but I love that Courtney ruined the moment. Vadge had that look like she wanted to get the fuck out of there. She was NOT happy. Here's the moment, folks:

by Anonymousreply 508/24/2013

Was Courtney really that good in Larry Flynt? I never saw it.

by Anonymousreply 608/24/2013

The end of the video when Courtney falls off the chair and makes a loud thud on the ground...I feel awful for laughing at a druggie but that was funny as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 708/24/2013

[quote]it was Madonna’s birthday the other day, and my friend Arianne [Phillipps], who was my stylist and then became Madonna’s stylist

Well, you know, I do like to get paid and all...

by Anonymousreply 808/24/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2013

Interview turns into a therapy session.

by Anonymousreply 1008/26/2013

This stupid bitch needs to get off the internet. She was a pioneer in fact, posting negative things on AOL Nirvana boards. And the Vadge obsession is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 1108/26/2013

Wow, she is the biggest fucking name dropper in the world. I read that whole Vanity Fair piece and I feel like I'M the one who did a pile of cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 1208/26/2013

1. She IS nuts.

2. She's also great at rock and acting.

by Anonymousreply 1308/26/2013

What I find disturbing is how she is stuck in the 90's and is constantly talking about her past career. How can you have a future career if you keep living in the past?

by Anonymousreply 1408/26/2013

Yeah r13, all she does is name drop. I think most of it is in her head, most people would steer clear of her. There seems a Vadge influence here.

by Anonymousreply 1508/26/2013

"She's also great at...acting."

Which is why I have such a strong Love-hate relationship with her.

by Anonymousreply 1608/26/2013

Here she is auditioning for the role of a lifetime, her biggest influence Nancy Spungen.

by Anonymousreply 1708/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 1808/26/2013

The Matrix? I don't think so. What part would she have played, she doesn't do martial arts.

She had plenty of chances to put out a book worth reading but she didn' I think she will put out an honest book now? No. No one would publish it anyway.

Remember, she has to keep Geffen's secrets.

by Anonymousreply 1908/26/2013

Actually Courtney can act...when she isn't completely loaded.

by Anonymousreply 2008/26/2013

Both Courtney and Madonna are great actresses!

by Anonymousreply 2108/26/2013

Well she can play herself.. but she was comfortable in front of the camera and natural. For a brief moment in the late 90s when she had her makeover she actually looked great and was this style muse.

by Anonymousreply 2208/26/2013

I still think she had Kurt killed. She's a horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 2308/26/2013

If she's going back to work, I assume it's because her poor daughter has finally stopped her from robbing the Cobain trust funds.

Of course it's difficult for even a sane 50-year-old woman to make money as an entertainer, so Love will have to resort to other means. I expect her to marry an old rich man or get arrested for dealing drugs before long.

by Anonymousreply 2408/26/2013

Courtney's Howard Stern interview from a couple months ago.

It's about an hour. Lots of detail about all the drugs and family/Nirvana drama.

by Anonymousreply 2508/26/2013

Why doesn't this old hag give it up? Nobody gives a shit about her anymore, including her own daughter.

by Anonymousreply 2608/26/2013

Courtney Love read for the role of Marla Singer in "Fight Club." Ed Norton starred; she was involved with him at the time and STILL didn't get the role. The role was that of a scraggly, fucked up, really weird chick; seems tailor-made for Love, right? But her audition was supposedly terrible. Helena Bonham-Carter ended up getting the role and nailed it.

Love is uninsurable and mentally a train wreck. Nobody is going to hire her for film roles. Her pitiful music career has been long, long over. Her memoir no doubt is going to be the ravings of a madwoman. It's a sad world we live in; real talents like Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse and Heath Ledger bite the dust and scum like Courtney Love continue.

by Anonymousreply 2708/26/2013

Marla was awesome r28, the best thing about the movie, really.

r9 that is an absolute classic, she ruined that roast.

The Courtney/Vadge summit was legendary, of course. Vadge clearly didn't want her to be there and I'm surprised she didn't walk off. Liz R to the rescue at the end.

It was a very boring interview till Court showed up with a hilariously uncomfortable Kurt Loder in the background.

Vadge wins though for the "and a lot of available drugs" line just as you can see a drugs sign in the background behind Court. The Tabitha Soren bit was also awkward.

by Anonymousreply 2808/26/2013

[quote]And the Vadge obsession is embarrassing.

Court has never gotten over the whole Madonna-Alanis thing.

Vadge wanted to sign her when she started that record label, Court thought she'd be edgy and cool and gave Vadge the finger.

Vadge signs Alanis and JLP explodes. Court signs a shitty contract with Geffen and is screwed out of so much possible income.

Even today, if you ask Love about Alanis she will go on and on about how she is not really a 'rock chick' and that Court can sing angst, too. Quite embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 2908/26/2013

Courtney, dressed up as Stevie Nicks, talking to Chloe Sevigny and Elizabeth Peyton. Before Peyton's done saying 'Nice to meet you' Courtney turns to Sevigny and continues her monologue.

by Anonymousreply 3008/26/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3108/26/2013

Oh yes r30, forgot to post this one to show how far back their relationship goes.

Court does allude to the Alanis thing in that VMA vid, but it's difficult to decipher her cracklish.

by Anonymousreply 3208/26/2013

Kurt just doesn't seem depressed. He seems bright, lucid, funny, in love, full of plans for the future...

by Anonymousreply 3308/26/2013

Which mental illness is her main problem?

by Anonymousreply 3408/26/2013

Courtney was on some late night talk show about a week or so ago, and I was surprised to find her to be both lucid and sane looking.

by Anonymousreply 3508/26/2013

R36 That's the way it always goes. She's very sneaky. She'll do a few interviews where she seems normal and have people believe she's changed her ways, and then sure enough not long after she's involved in some new drama.

by Anonymousreply 3608/26/2013

I think her albums were genius back then, and I really hope she brings the cray cray to the book.

by Anonymousreply 3708/27/2013

Courtney and Bean have reconciled r27.

by Anonymousreply 3808/27/2013

R39 Link?

by Anonymousreply 3908/27/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4008/27/2013

R24, that's ridiculous. Absolutely no one involved with Cobain or Love (band members, associates, family members) blames Love for his death.

But you, of course, know better than them. Right.

Why is so hard to believe that a lifelong depressive with a heroin addiction and stomach ulcers would want to off himself?

by Anonymousreply 4108/27/2013

Courtney Love please go away. It is no longer the 1990's.

by Anonymousreply 4208/27/2013

She played The Troubador tonight. So odd seeing her name on the marquee.

by Anonymousreply 4308/27/2013

Courtney's first two albums were genius. Because Kurt wrote the music and hooks for the first one and Billy Corgan wrote the music and hooks for the second one. The two best songwriters of their generation. Duh.

She is a great, great lyricist though. I will give her that.

by Anonymousreply 4408/27/2013

R45, for an expert you seem to have forgotten her real first album, Pretty on the Inside.

by Anonymousreply 4508/27/2013

R46, that was a pretty shitty album, but it has one of my favorite first lines of any album:

"When I was a teenage whore"

by Anonymousreply 4608/27/2013

R46, that's because it's a forgettable album. She can't write songs. She can write lyrics. But yes, I should have said her two most successful albums. I apologize.

by Anonymousreply 4708/28/2013

Kurt Cobain did not write Live Through This. This is a myth that has no basis in reality.

If you want to credit any dude with making Live Through This a good/great album, give credit to Eric Erlandson. He wrote his own guitar parts, which were by and large the hook-iest things on the album.

Billy Corgan co-wrote a few of the songs on the forgettable Celebrity Skin album, including the douchey title track with its DUH-DUN, DUH-DUN, DUH-DUN main riff.

I'm not the biggest Courtney Love fan, but yeesh, do some basic research.

by Anonymousreply 4808/28/2013

[quote]that's because it's a forgettable album.

Terrible save.

by Anonymousreply 4908/28/2013

My sister was a groupie in the Eighties, and slept with members of the Ramones, the Replacements, and Duran Duran (among others). She told me Courtney Love was highly despised among the other groupies: "Of course we were all slutty and needy and fucked-up, but she was just plain MEAN."

by Anonymousreply 5008/28/2013

She is a sociopath. She may have inherited her condition from her parents.

by Anonymousreply 5108/28/2013

Yuck. A hippie hating bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5208/30/2013

R51, any more gossip from your sister? Pretty please?

by Anonymousreply 5309/05/2013

She's a mess but Hole was a great band and anyone who believes she killed Kurt is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 5411/26/2013

Was she as fucked up with drugs before Kurt died or was it emerging to be as fucked up as she is now before his death?

by Anonymousreply 5511/26/2013

I am so fascinated by her!!

by Anonymousreply 5611/26/2013

I detest this crazy cunt. She never should have had a child since she was clearly unfit to raise one. I also read that at least a couple of her pets died because of Courtney's neglect and hoarding (one ate some of her pills & died, the other I believe got trapped in a pile of her clothing). Greedy, vile bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5711/26/2013

You're three years late, R57.

by Anonymousreply 5811/26/2013

In all seriousness, she is probably a psychopath or sociopath. One thing is for certain: she's a pathological liar and fantasist. Almost nothing she says has any basis in reality. She's a horror story.

It's a measure of how fucked up Kurt Cobain was that would fuck and impregnant and marry someone that awful. Their marriage was a living hell; even he admitted that they "fought every day."

Can you imagine being married to someone like that in addition to all the pressure that comes up with a hugely popular rock star? No wonder he became a junkie. No wonder he ended up eating a shotgun. I guess he figured it was the only way out. If he'd tried to divorce her she would have tore into him with everything at her disposal and made his life even more unbearable.

In the documentary "Kurt and Courtney" someone who knew them said she thought Kurt killed himself "to get away from Courtney." I believe that. I believe that completely.

by Anonymousreply 5911/26/2013

I miss Kurt. He changed the world: clothes didn't have to be expensive, being weird was interesting, being a frat boy was lame, he brought the "misfit underground" into the top 10. He was a special being who temporarily made the world a much cooler place.

I miss Kurt. That's all I think when I read about her crap. Just nonending, deranged, self-aggrandizing crap.

Courtney is like Madonna in this sense: time has stripped away all the "powerful woman" bluster, the suggestion of artistry, the intrigue. She's a total user and a vampire, and it says a lot that she was embraced by Hollywood and the fashion industry.

by Anonymousreply 6011/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!