Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Girlfriend, 27, dead after hulk-like Boston Red Sox announcer's son 'stabs her repeatedly in the neck'

Girlfriend, 27, dead after hulk-like Boston Red Sox announcer's son 'stabs her repeatedly in the neck' on patio in front of four-year-old daughter and neighbors and then surrenders drenched in her blood

By Helen Pow

PUBLISHED: 09:45 EST, 16 August 2013 | UPDATED: 16:26 EST, 16 August 2013

The son of Boston Red Sox announcer and former player Jerry Remy is accused of brutally stabbing to death his girlfriend just a day after the hulking former security guard was released without bail for assaulting her.

Jared Remy, 34, was arraigned today on murder and domestic assault charges in the gruesome slaying of his partner of seven years, Jennifer Martel, which took place at their Waltham, Massachusetts home in the presence of their four-year-old daughter.

Police arrived at the residence in the Windsor Village apartment complex at around 9:30 p.m. on Thursday following multiple 911 calls. They found Martel, 27, bleeding in the fenced-in patio covered in stab wounds.

by Anonymousreply 5508/24/2013

Ans this guy looks like a total freak! But someone on DL will think he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 108/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 208/24/2013

What the fuck did she see in that steroid freak?

He probably nearly decapitated her, and now the kid will be traumatized for life.

by Anonymousreply 408/24/2013

He's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 508/24/2013

That's what I'm saying. She was pretty, this guy looked like a freak and he was clearly a loser.

by Anonymousreply 608/24/2013

Roid rage! Domestic violence often ends in murder.

by Anonymousreply 708/24/2013

Jared Remy has a brother and sister who have also had altercations with police over domestic violence incidents involving significant others.

Jared also once served a three month jail sentence for breaking a beer bottle over the head of a previous girlfriend, with whom he also had a child.

by Anonymousreply 808/24/2013

Wow! It was only a matter of time before he killed a girlfriend. If it's a family problem it makes you wonder about the sports announcer dad. He's probably an abuser too.

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2013

Best thing for her really. Her therapy was going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 1008/24/2013

Why do pretty girls fall for these animals?

by Anonymousreply 1108/24/2013

He looks fucking retarded.

by Anonymousreply 1208/24/2013

Jerry Remy must be some piece of work to produce an ogre like that.

by Anonymousreply 1308/24/2013

And this is why a lot of victims won't report the abuse because the abuser will usually get out of jail pretty quickly and will likely retaliate. And it sounds like she was planning her escape but he got out too soon. Thugs don't make good boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 1408/24/2013

Jesus what a big, ugly roided out MONSTER

by Anonymousreply 1508/24/2013

I should be so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 1708/24/2013

No longer a human being.

by Anonymousreply 1808/24/2013

omg, that's an evil monster! i know you are not supposed to judge people by their looks, but that face just too repulsive, OP really should put a warning in the title!

by Anonymousreply 1908/24/2013

Definitely fire the father even though he didn't do it. He raised the monster, he can be blamed. He should resign on his own.

by Anonymousreply 2008/24/2013

I've never heard of that theory. It's probably more to do with financial and psychological reasons.

by Anonymousreply 2108/24/2013

I gasped when I saw the photo...and then saw what SHE looked like. Really? WTF was she doing with that fugly mutant?

by Anonymousreply 2208/24/2013

R16, only in Paglia's fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 2308/24/2013

Did Paglia really say that?

by Anonymousreply 2408/24/2013

I have no interest in what Camile Paglia says unless it's in a suicide note.

by Anonymousreply 2508/24/2013

His neck tattoo makes him so much more desirable.

by Anonymousreply 2608/24/2013

He's more Lenny than The Hulk.

by Anonymousreply 2708/24/2013

The idiots here,who think sex with Mongo would be HAWT,must not know his atrophied penis and shriveled raisinettes DON'T WORK! Just one of the many frustrating horrors of juicing.

The "he's hawt" dumb bells are just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 2808/24/2013

He was definitely a sociopath, but she might have been one too. She has "crazy eyes". Female sociopaths choose these dangerous thugs because they crave excitement even if its at their own risk.

by Anonymousreply 2908/24/2013

His father, former Red Sox player Jerry Remy, has the bucks to get this son a high priced lawyer, but since he issued a public statement saying how disgusted he is with what his son did, hopefully he won't.

The father has a lucrative contract with the Red Sox as a game analyst, plus he owns a chain of popular restaurants in the Boston area and then there's his television commercial endorsements.

by Anonymousreply 3008/24/2013

He doesn't look human in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 3108/24/2013

Satisfied, R1?

by Anonymousreply 3308/24/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3408/24/2013

He's what Dr. Frankenstein would have created if Dr. Frankenstein was a "Mama's Mussy" poster.

by Anonymousreply 3508/24/2013

If you've ever wondered what it would look like if you crossed Rob Reiner with Mark Wahlberg, here's your answer.

by Anonymousreply 3608/24/2013

I like the way your mind works, r35. "What if Noodles was a mad scientist?"

by Anonymousreply 3708/24/2013

R35 is on the right track. This guy is pure Mama's mussy/cagemeat bait

by Anonymousreply 3808/24/2013

To be fair, Camille Paglia also thought that Sarah Palin was a positive role model for women.

by Anonymousreply 3908/24/2013

Damn! I like them big, I like the big beefballs. But this guy is just TOO big

by Anonymousreply 4008/24/2013

He looks like the love child of Mikhail Gorbachev and Golda Meir.

by Anonymousreply 4108/24/2013

Paglia is a professional attention whore. The women stay b/c of witnessing or experiencing abuse in the past. It's "normal" to them. They stay b/c the abuser is so loving between times and manipulative enough to make them think that the abuse was their own fault and that it will never happen again. What a fucking monster in every way. If this was FOX news I'd think they photoshopped him to make him look more monstrous.

by Anonymousreply 4208/24/2013

Guys like this are the biggest cowards. They like to beat up on people they know won't have much of a chance of kicking their asses, usually women and children. If they want to pound on people why not get paid for it and step in a UFC ring with men of equal size and strength? Nope, they would never do that. And to do this shit in front of your child? What a loser. A cowardly, juice-head, beast of a loser.

by Anonymousreply 4308/24/2013

That might be the ugliest man I've ever seen. She was attractive. I can't even imagine what straight women see in this type of guy.

by Anonymousreply 4408/24/2013

What a gross looking piece of chunk.

His poor daughter will never forgot the horror of seeing daddy stab mommy to death.

by Anonymousreply 4508/24/2013

Yeah R45 it will likely be one of her first memories.

by Anonymousreply 4608/24/2013

She was probably attracted to the lure of dating the son of a "famous" person.

by Anonymousreply 4708/24/2013

[quote]Remy, a hulking muscle-man, was arrested at the scene after he held his hands over his head and surrendered to officers. His clothing was soaked with Martel's blood and, according to WBZ-TV, he had an engagement ring in a sunglasses case in his pocket.

[quote]Martel's mother told The Boston Herald that her daughter had been 'planning her escape' when she was allegedly murdered by her long-time boyfriend.

If you are familiar with the cycle of domestic violence, it all adds up. He'd just appeared in court for assaulting her and was entering the contrite phase with apologies, promises, flowers, gifts, but this time he was going to do it one better by proposing. Except her idea was quite opposite and when she made it evident he flew into another rage and wouldn't let her leave.

by Anonymousreply 4808/24/2013

[quote]he had an engagement ring in a sunglasses case in his pocket.

He should've tried hiding it in a baked potato.

by Anonymousreply 4908/24/2013

Homer Simpson on steroids.

by Anonymousreply 5008/24/2013

That poor little girl having to witness such a horrific murderer, the murder of her mother. And it is very likely that this will indeed be her first memory. I think a lot of abusers are sociopaths so he couldn't care less about his daughter and what he's done to her by taking her mother from her and brutally murdering her right in front of the young girl. You have to get away ladies. Excellent point, R48. It's best to escape without telling the abuser. Plan your escape in secret and tell very few if anybody where you're planning to go. I think it's best to tell no one. They can call/email you or whatever if they need to get in contact with you.

by Anonymousreply 5108/24/2013

An 18 year old girl was just murdered in an area about 50 miles from where I live. She'd been hanging out with friends. You should see her FB page. All of her friends are thugs and hulks. There are about 30 photos she took of herself with her phone, looking sexily into the camera with a CFM look on her face, eyes half closed, lips open, hands on her boobs/neck.

Undoubtedly one of her friends killed her. If you lie down with dogs you may be lucky if you only pick up fleas -- because you might never get up again.

by Anonymousreply 5208/24/2013

[quote] The women stay b/c of witnessing or experiencing abuse in the past. It's "normal" to them.

Or maybe they're just really low class.

by Anonymousreply 5308/24/2013

OMG - it's George Zimmerman with another 100 pounds!

by Anonymousreply 5408/24/2013

Staying in an abusive relationship has nothing to do with being low class. Good grief that's absurd.

by Anonymousreply 5508/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!