Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Big Liz Taylor night tonight on AMC

Next one to see from the start is 8pm EST, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

by Anonymousreply 1308/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 108/23/2013

TCM not AMC.

by Anonymousreply 208/23/2013

It's been on all day . Can't believe their not showing my fave " A Place In The Sun" though.

Mon./ 26 - Jeanne Crain day. Don't care about that except "Leave Her To Heaven" is on at 9:00 pm, with the great Gene Tierney, and her evilness. Every time she watches cute little Darryl Hickman drown, with those great sunglasses on, I get chills.

by Anonymousreply 308/23/2013

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof makes my teeth itch. Liz's performance really grates.

by Anonymousreply 408/23/2013

Lindsay was so convincing as Liz.

by Anonymousreply 508/23/2013

Linda Cardellini could play Liz.

by Anonymousreply 608/23/2013

Paul Newman in his pajamas on crutches. Liz in a corseted slip. Stuff that dreams are made of.

Suddenly Last Summer at 10:00 p.m.!! Violet Venable vs. violet eyes. Monty Cliff hopped up on the stuff. Katherine Hepburn spits at director. Liz on the beach. The boys of summer...

by Anonymousreply 708/23/2013

Thanks! I have not seen many Liz Taylor movies, but here's my chance, I've set the DVR to record them.

by Anonymousreply 808/23/2013

[quote] Big Liz Taylor night tonight on AMC

Most viewers would prefer a "not-so-fat Liz Taylor night," don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 908/23/2013

Paul Newman was perfect as Brick.

Burl Ives was perfect as Big Daddy.

Madeleine Sherwood was perfect as Mae.

Jack Carson was good as Gooper.

Elizabeth Taylor was gorgeous as Maggie. Other actresses probably could have given a better performance, but nobody was more beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 1008/23/2013

And after "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" is DL fave "Suddenly, Last Summer";

by Anonymousreply 1108/23/2013

"Reflections In A Golden Eye" on right now (West Coast time). Never seen it. It's so crazy, with Brando as a repressed homo, young Robert Forster as a nutty, hunky, naked horseback rider, who Brando lusts after, Julie Harris , Brian Keith (Uncle Beoll), and all directed by John Huston. Liz , looking beautiful, in a gauzy gown, with her hair exquisitely done , thrashing Brando in the face, with a crop, is just one of many memorable, campy scenes. Forster was such a stud back then.

by Anonymousreply 1208/24/2013

So weird to have watched "Relections" last night, and Julie died today. She was a great actress. Her Frankie, in "Member Of The Wedding" is teen angst personified. She had great Jimmy Dean stories - was one of the few left who worked so closely with him .

by Anonymousreply 1308/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!