Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Right’s Clack Crime Obsession: Murder of Australian Baseball Player By Black Youth

There are a few black people up to no good in this country and Fox News is on it! So is Drudge Report. Vigilantly on the lookout, 24 hours a day, for stories about black youths behaving badly.

This isn’t a particularly new phenomenon, but it’s intensified noticeably in the past year for at least two reasons. Conservatives, particularly white conservatives, feel a burning urgency to find a racial counterweight to the aftermath of Trayvon Martin’s shooting (including President Obama’s public comments about the incident), a logical response to the argument that things like background checks and an assault weapons ban are appropriate ways to reduce the likelihood of another Sandy Hook-style massacre, and anecdotal justifications for indiscriminate policing of dangerous neighborhoods.

But these are hopeless pursuits. The incidents they draw attention to fail by definition to underscore the things they believe. They all require projecting motives or details or both into tragic events, to create false dichotomies between shootings perpetrated by whites and blacks. They have the unhealthy effect of creating dueling tallies of white-on-black and black-on-white crime. And ironically they all tend to underscore the argument that more “stand your ground” laws and more racial profiling are off-point responses to these incidents.

The latest conservative cri de coeur is over the tragic shooting death of Chris Lane, a 22-year-old Australian attending East Central University in Oklahoma on a baseball scholarship. Two teen boys spotted Lane on a jog last week, trailed him in a car, and allegedly shot him fatally in the back (a third teen reportedly served as their driver). One of the suspects said the boys committed the murder out of boredom.

Word of the shooting spread quickly. And that’s when the right clumsily revealed that its obsession with gun violence reflects an obsession with racial score settling rather than with averting further tragedies. The conservative media, including Fox News, repeated the claim that the Oklahoma suspects were all black. But this turned out to be a toxic mix of racial bias and wishful thinking. You almost wonder whether the people whose ulterior motives led them into error like this actually lamented the fact that one of the suspects happened to be white. It would be so much more convenient if that weren’t the case.

But let’s pretend for a minute that the suspects had all fit the stereotype the hosts at Fox and Friends wanted. Then the idea is that Chris Lane’s death should somehow offset Trayvon Martin’s, or that the people who sought to turn George Zimmerman’s actions into a national referendum on “stand your ground” laws are somehow hypocritical for having little to say when the races of the culprits and innocent victims are reversed. For reactionary Obama foes like former Rep. Allen West, R-Fla., the obvious question is, “Whom will POTUS identify w/this time?”

I’ll give West, et al., this: If you ignore motive, circumstance, history and (likely) outcome, then liberals, particularly black liberals, sure seem craven. By that standard, though, Jean Valjean and John, King of England are moral equals — just a couple of guys with similar names taking other people’s property.

So let’s review: George Zimmerman wouldn’t have shot Trayvon Martin if he hadn’t been profiling by race. And even if he had been, the shooting feasibly wouldn’t have happened if he hadn’t been legally allowed to carry a handgun and didn’t think he was empowered by law to take matters into his own hands. The monstrous killing of Chris Lane has no such back story. The killers apparently had no motive whatsoever, were armed illegally, and certainly weren’t trailing Lane because they believed, based on his race, that he might be a criminal. They are, however, likely to face serious prison time for their crimes. Zimmerman walked.

Put that all together, and it turns out these stories aren’t counter-parallel at all. And more to the point, the events don’t even anecdotally augur for policies the right supports. The kids in Oklahoma weren’t “standing their ground,” and a “stand your ground” law wouldn’t have saved Chris Lane. Neither would a stop-and-frisk regime — the killers were trailing him in a car. By contrast, a “stand your ground” environment and a stop-and-frisk mentality were instrumental in Trayvon Martin’s death. Take either away, and there’s a good chance he’d be alive today. Martin in fact personified the statistical folly of stop-and-frisk. If Zimmerman had yielded to real police, they would have, in absence of any suspicious behavior, stopped Martin, frisked him and found only the skittles and iced tea that made his death that much more tragically poignant.

You could twist that into a claim that stop-and-frisk might have saved Martin’s life. But that gets the onus backward. Proponents of profiling policies need to do better than argue we have to violate the civil rights of minorities in order to protect them from hair-triggered vigilantes.

What might well have stopped both killings, though, is making it harder for people, legally or illegally, to come into possession of handguns. That’s a conversation the right is less obsessed with.

by Anonymousreply 12408/29/2013

And of course white people have never murdered anybody...

If only you could ask James Byrd Jr, Matthew Shepard, Trayvon Martin, Brandon Teena, Ryan Skipper, and Ennis Cosby.

by Anonymousreply 108/23/2013

I say it's about time black on white violence got some damn attention!

Bet money you haven't heard about the black woman who tortured a 12 yr old white boy to death with a welder's torch.

She's on trial now, but it sure the hell won't be covered by Nancy DisGrace or Jane Lesbian Mitchell.

by Anonymousreply 208/23/2013

-

by Anonymousreply 308/23/2013

Click and clack.

by Anonymousreply 408/23/2013

There's nothing in your link about torture, r2/r3. It's not even clear if this woman killed the boy. That is not to deny your point in general but you aren't making a very strong case here.

by Anonymousreply 508/23/2013

A few, OP?

by Anonymousreply 608/23/2013

On the Fox News show The Five, they did a entire segment about white people who were killed by black teens. I shit you not.

Beware of the scary black youths!

by Anonymousreply 708/23/2013

So a claque is committing crimes? Whose claque are they?

by Anonymousreply 808/23/2013

George Zimmerman told his attorneys he didn't understand why he was being dissected in public by the media so vehemently. Put your self in his place; he'd been involved in a traumatic situation, then further attacked by what seemed like the entire United States. Grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 908/23/2013

No doubt more outraged over this than the white kid who killed 20 five year olds.

by Anonymousreply 1008/23/2013

Uh, R5.... there's been more than 1 article written on the case, and color me surprised that you don't think she did it.

Police have even hinted that she might be a serial child killer.

by Anonymousreply 1108/23/2013

Now just imagine if a white woman had kidnapped and killed a 12 yr old black boy with a welding torch.

There would be non stop coverage on Headline News and CNN and MSNBC would run endless stories about racism in America.

And, of course, there would be the Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson circus.

by Anonymousreply 1208/23/2013

Then why didn't you post an article that backs up what you said, r11? Even your second link doesn't really do so.

It is obvious she is seriously involved in the child's death. Why do you you presume to know I don't think she "did it"? Are you psychic? I do however believe in the right to a fair trial. If she's convicted, I hope she is executed.

by Anonymousreply 1308/23/2013

Jesse Jackson specifically stated that killing 12 yr old white boys with welding torches should be frowned upon.

by Anonymousreply 1408/23/2013

There's a big difference.

1.) The kids who committed this heinous crime are not pretending that they did it for the good of the community.

2.) They didn't claim self defense to justify the crime

3.) The police didn't release them without any charges being filed or any blood tests for alcohol or drugs being done.

4.) They won't get away with it.

5.) none of them will be pulled over for speeding in TXsnd bragging about who they are and that they have a gun. They won't be doing any photo ops in a gun manufacturing factory.

by Anonymousreply 1508/23/2013

R15

You left out the little matter of self defense

AND the fact that he was tried in a court of law and found not guilty.

As for #5, oh the horror! If pulled over by a cop, it is wise to tell them if a legal gun is in the car. And, Zimmerman can get his picture taken where ever he fucking likes!

by Anonymousreply 1608/23/2013

The thing is R16, that they'll never get pulled over in TX or get their pictures taken in a gun factory because they are going to be in jail for the rest of their lives. George Zimmerman is a free man after admittedly stalking a kid who wasn't bothering him and then shooting him after running behind and tackling the kid.

These kids stalked and shot someone just like Zimmeam did. But they're going to jail and he's not.

by Anonymousreply 1708/23/2013

GZ didn't stalk. He was doing his job as a community watch guy, however overzealously. He didn't set out to kill someone intentionally. There was some kind of a struggle.

by Anonymousreply 1808/23/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1908/23/2013

He was told by the dispatcher NOT TO FOLLOW HIM. WTF is wrong with you, R18? You're just making shit up now.

Christ, even I didn't think Trayvon Martin was some choir boy, but stop lying about the events of that night. Zimmerman had no right to follow him. I love that in your deluded mind, Zimmerman was doing his (non-existent) job, but Martin apparently had no right to walk on a public street without being followed by some guy.

by Anonymousreply 2008/23/2013

STFU Beutler. Your article is shit. Every American has the right to be outraged over these killings. You article just demonstrates the scavengers who attempt to exploit these tragedies. You are doing the same thing as Fox, so just shut up and put the blame where it belongs...on the perpetrators.

by Anonymousreply 2108/23/2013

Thank you, R15.

How ignorant are these right-wingers, seriously?

by Anonymousreply 2208/23/2013

R15 has a 7th grade education.

by Anonymousreply 2308/23/2013

And thank you, r22. Where's all the "outrage" whenever a black or latino toddler is killed in gang crossfire? You never see any national coverage on that. And when these stories pop up on internet forums, all I ever see is "Good! One less future thug to worry about!" (Remember, they're talking about two and three-year-olds)

by Anonymousreply 2408/23/2013

Black-on-White hate crime is a subject than needs to be openly addressed. I do not blame either group, but ignoring the issue only fuels this type of senseless violence. We can't fix the problem if we don't admit there is one, which there most certainly is.

by Anonymousreply 2508/23/2013

R1 Stand-your-ground wasn't argued in the Zimmerman case.

It was used by Trevor Dooley, who, upset by skateboarders, brought a gun to a playground. Confronted by a father there with his daughter, Dooley shot him dead in front of his 8-year-old daughter. Out on appeal.

Didn't hear about THAT Florida Stand-Your-Ground case from Al Sharptongue, or Jesse Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Jay Zed, Eric Holder. FLOTUS or POTUS?

Oh. Trevor Dooley is a Blackman, the father he murdered a white "cracka". So the NYTimes crowd couldn't give a fuck

by Anonymousreply 2608/23/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2708/23/2013

False equivalencies only impress the ignorant and foolish.

by Anonymousreply 2808/23/2013

R28 Thinks situational ethics make him a sophisticate.

They don't.

by Anonymousreply 2908/23/2013

Amen, r29.

by Anonymousreply 3008/23/2013

What exactly do the Right Wing nutjobs want to be done about the Australian man killed by 2 black teenagers and 1 white one.

They've been arrested. They've been charged with a crime. They're going to trial.

What the else are you looking for here?????? Please elaborate on what the hell you want people to do. You want everyone to foam at the mouth and beat on their chest like you're doing. What's the story you're pushing.

I get that the Australian man is a victim. But the OP and the other freepers on here, You're not the victim. You worried about black crime? Well I hope it gives you many a sleepless night worrying about it. You freepers are nasty piece of work on any day with your racist piece of shit heroes like LImbaugh and your disgusting rodeo clowns stirring the racist pot.

by Anonymousreply 3108/23/2013

R31 We want the "Bonfire Of The Vanities" bullshit over the Zimmerman/ Martin case exposed for the fake, opportunistic, fraudulent farce it was.

We want to see those that lynched fat Hispanic George Z denounce these killers with the same vehemence.

We want the media that turned that case into a circus, but that ignored Christopher Lane's execution, called out.

We want the White House to start a National Conversation about young black male brutality.

Mainly, we're calling the holier-than-thou hypocrites out.

by Anonymousreply 3208/23/2013

fucking please r31

I don't recall hysterical Marys throwing a hissy fit when a rodeo clown donned a Bush 41 mask.

Ridicule comes with the job.

by Anonymousreply 3308/23/2013

Who left the door unattended? A bunch of intolerable trolls snuck in.

by Anonymousreply 3408/23/2013

You are a batshit crazy racist, R32.

by Anonymousreply 3508/23/2013

R35 Still drinking the Tawana Brawley / Duke lacrosse Kool Aid

by Anonymousreply 3608/23/2013

The fact is R32 the conversation about Trayvon was about the fact he was murdered and NO ONE was arrested until a big stink was raised. This young man was killed and people were ARRESTED. So there's nothing to protest. The killer of the Australian man will be prosecuted. The family of this man will see the respect. This Australian man will not be put on trial as the White Wing RACISTS did Trayvon.

YOu want to have a conversation about black man brutality in the wake of the massacre of school kids, the killing of the Indian Sikhs and the killing of theatre goers seeing the Batman movie all by white men. How about the recent burning to death of a mother and son by a white man.How about that Atlanta elementary school incident where the kids were threatened by a white man.

HOW CONVENIENT FOR YOU that you don't see that as an indictment against all white men and how we need a conversation about the BRUTALITY OF white men. Are maybe you're just not that bright.

by Anonymousreply 3708/23/2013

Excellent r32. Should be posted everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 3808/23/2013

R37 The brutality of white men/ crackers/peckerwoods is frowned upon.

Rushing due process in the Zimm trial: how did THAT work out for ya?

by Anonymousreply 3908/23/2013

Well then the right wingers are entirely missing the point. The outrage in this crime has nothing to do with race but everything to do with the insane availability of guns in the US. This guy came here to play baseball and was going about his business and senselessly shot to death for no reason by " bored" teens, which would be far, far less likely to happen in His native Melbourne since Australia has sane gun laws.

by Anonymousreply 4008/23/2013

R39 There was no Rushing DUE Process for Zimmerman. There was no Arrest. There was nothing until the family complained and took it to the media.

And your first statement makes little sense. Brutality when committed by any race is usually frowned upon. I've seen no black leader gloat or celebrate this Australian's mans death. Funny how you see the opposite in Freeperland where they've had huge celebrations over the killing of an African AMerican man and they've treated his killer like a hero. They're not frowning upon anything violent I guess as long as it's a black guy that's dead.

by Anonymousreply 4108/23/2013

Don't hate me, but I think the white guy, of the 3 accused, is very cute. DSL's on a baby face get me every time.

by Anonymousreply 4208/23/2013

Well put, R15. It's a non-story because they kids were caught and they'll have the book thrown at them.

by Anonymousreply 4308/24/2013

If they want a 'poster child' case, the Australian baseball kid doesn't seem to fit the bill. It was apparently more a random act of violence.

The Channon Christian / Christopher Newsom rape, torture, killings on the other hand... those were hate crimes.

by Anonymousreply 4408/24/2013

I'm as liberal as they come but I think they should be charged with a hate crime absolutely if there's a hint that they shot the first white person they saw as opposed to the first person they saw. It may never be known if they didn't admit it to the cops, and the lawyers may have advised them to never say it. But one did tweet that 90% of white people are nasty. It may never be known if they would have shot the guy if he hadn't been white. But no double standards in the laws, if hate crimes exist in the law they should be applied equally across the board.

by Anonymousreply 4508/24/2013

R44 It wasn't a random act of violence, it was probably a gang initiation killing.Mixed in with reverse racism. As someone of Australian heritage, I find this killing deplorable. Thank God for the Australian press outing these killers as black and for concentrating on the gun control issue.Had it not been for the involvement of young black men this would have been the cause celebre of the press in the US just for the sick gun violence inherent in this story. If the press was unbiased it would bring up gang violence in this country AND gun control as well.

R45 I agree. A hate crime is a hate crime.As you so rightly stated one of the killers claimed that 90% of white people are nasty.

by Anonymousreply 4608/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 4708/24/2013

[quote]The outrage in this crime has nothing to do with race but everything to do with the insane availability of guns in the US.

At this point, nobody but the cold-blooded killers truly knows whether it was racially motivated or not.

by Anonymousreply 4808/24/2013

BLACK PEOPLE ARE SCARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 4908/24/2013

R48 Bullshit. When one of the killers tweets that 90 percent of white people are nasty that says it all. No spin can overcome that fact.

by Anonymousreply 5008/24/2013

You do realize R45 that a random comment on social media is not enough to convict anyone of a hate crime. There's no way that anyone on a gay site could possibly be this naive or uninformed considering the numerous crimes against gay people that have NOT been designated hate crimes .

In fact, on any given other day involving victims that don't look like yourself R45 you and all the other Freepers are busy arguing against hate crime legislation whining all the way about how I don't see why we need to call something a hate crime. You're the biggest hypocrites in the world.

by Anonymousreply 5108/24/2013

R50 See my comment on R51. The majority of crimes against minorities and gay people are not designated as hate crimes. There has to be something done or said during the commission of a hate crime for that to happen.

One of the accused Michael Jones is white. On the racist websites though they've darkened his mug shot and taken to call him mulatto for no other reason other than him being white doesn't fit their agenda.

The other accused Chauncey Luna has a white mother.

by Anonymousreply 5208/24/2013

LOL at the name Chauncey. Maybe the tweeter meant to insult his friend; maybe he meant to say guys that are 50% white are nasty.

by Anonymousreply 5308/24/2013

Just because someone is partially white, they can still hate white people if they identify as black. If one of those boys had tweeted, 'I'm going to go kill whitey now', and does, that's a hate crime. It doesn't matter if others in the group (or the perp himself) has white family members.

by Anonymousreply 5408/24/2013

R32 nailed it. These violent thugs are NOT your friends, my fellow gay men and women. Stop making excuses for these animals.

by Anonymousreply 5508/24/2013

Well, gee, I guess that means we have to do something about all of these white serial killers the US seems to be permeated with.

by Anonymousreply 5608/24/2013

When are white people going to address the violence in the white community?

by Anonymousreply 5708/24/2013

So DL is no longer a gay site but an anti-black one?

by Anonymousreply 5808/24/2013

Are you new here, r58???

by Anonymousreply 5908/24/2013

I remember that R2. What was her motive and wasn't she gay too?

by Anonymousreply 6008/24/2013

Piers Morgan said the other night that most mass killers are young WHITE males in their 20s. That's a generalization, but its a true statement and doesn't offend me as a white person. But the same is true that most gangster thug killers are young black males. It shouldn't offend anyone to have that conversation based on statistics.

by Anonymousreply 6108/24/2013

The difference is R61 when you say most mass killers are white you don't assume the corollary statement Most white people are mass killers to be true.

But for a lot of people saying most gangster thug killers are young black males leads them to big assumption therefore Most young black males are thugs. See examples of that stereotyping all over this thread with the fake big concern about black brutality and that's where the racism comes in.

by Anonymousreply 6208/24/2013

Did R62 really need to explain it to you, R61?

The difference is that YOU won't be blamed for the actions of other white guys. Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims don't get that same luxury.

Pedophilia is rampant in the Catholic church, that doesn't mean every Catholic will be suspected of being a pedophile or protecting one. Every Catholic isn't blamed for what the IRA did over decades.

by Anonymousreply 6308/24/2013

(slowly raises hand)

I kinda suspect all Catholic priests of being pedophiles at this point...

In... In one part of Ireland? They actually don't allow children to be alone with ANY priest...

Just sayin'...

(slowly lowers hand, slinks back into background)

by Anonymousreply 6408/24/2013

"He didn't set out to kill someone intentionally." You don't know WHAT Zimmerman "set out to" do, r18, now DO you?

He was told to GO BACK TO HIS CAR.

by Anonymousreply 6508/24/2013

When I go to a movie theatre, I'm afraid of young white loner goth-looking youth. Because I've learned that's the profile that would most likely be the nut cases with an AR15. Am I racist of whites? No only of the white nut cases. So if I was walking down a dark alley, I might be most afraid of black youths dressed in gang clothes. That doesn't mean I think all black youth are this way.

by Anonymousreply 6608/24/2013

In today's world, you really just need to be afraid of everyone.

Look at 70 year old former San Diego Mayor Filner. Walking down the street, you probably wouldn't be afraid if you saw him walking your way. But you should be.

White, black, whatever race. Young or old, male or female. Just assume that everyone is a loon out to cut your ass.

So hide yo kids. Hide your wife. Hide your husbands, because they're coming up raping everybody all around here.

by Anonymousreply 6708/24/2013

R52 Then Chauncey Luna is a White African-American, if we use the standards invented to media-lynch George Zimmerman.

Bastards like the pig who shot Christopher Lane are the reason the idiot cop-wannabe GZ was suspicious of Trayvon Lewis. If you see a group of black teen Boy Scouts, a throng of white stoner skaters, a posse of dark-skinned Punjabi cricketeers, and a group of black teens all dressed in white Ts ans jeans shorts, you'll assess the threat level based on your judgement (me: Scouts, cricketers safe; skaters and Ts, caution)

If your judgement, informed by experience, pisses of other Af-Ams, well...I have no concern towards young males from India, who are often darker than Trayvon Martin. My flight-or-flight response isn't triggered. If the DeAundtreviuses of the US uniformly behaved like the Vikrams, we wouldn't be having this convo.

The Martin case was used as a pretext to trot out a performance by the Sharptons of the world, to lynch blobby cypher George Zimmerman.

With that precedent set, up to the White House, to then turn a blind eye to the monstrous hunting and killing of Christopher Lane, to have Jesse Fuckin' Jackson whitewash it as behavior to be frowned upon...no way. Explain why GZ was lynched, while this killer gets the full-Gospel chorus apologia for a more heinous crime. Or stand exposed as the opportunistic hypocrites we know you to be.

by Anonymousreply 6808/24/2013

R63 If you don't think gay-seeming priests on particular, priests in general, have Potential Pedophile stench attached to them in a way rabbis don't, you're clueless.

If you're a blameless priest upset about the pre-judgement you face, about the collective guilt for individual antisocials - it ain't fair, but the blame is with the few that created the circumstances that support the prejudice.

It ain't "Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion" propaganda, but actual anti-social, in the cases of priests as wrll as street-tough young black males

by Anonymousreply 6908/24/2013

I do think Obama should acknowledge the murder of Christopher Lane simply because he was a visitor to our country and the Australian prime minister has already advised against traveling to the US. It would be a good diplomatic move.

Also Jesse Jackson using such a soft term like "frowned upon" is shameful.

by Anonymousreply 7008/24/2013

Because he shot a kid who wasn't burglarizing the neighborhood like zim assumed he was, yet walked.

The killers of Lane did not walk.

I dint know how to make it simple enough for you to comprehend, this is as simple as it gets, yet you still cannot grasp it.

by Anonymousreply 7108/24/2013

I was addressing R68.

by Anonymousreply 7208/24/2013

When Obama spoke about racism he experienced, like older women clutching their purses and stuff like that, he always left out the why. I think the elephant in the room is the crime figures. Obama vaguely referred it on Leno, blaming it on poverty, "disruptions," failing schools, IMO placing blame elsewhere:

"We all know that young African American men disproportionately have involvement in criminal activities and violence — for a lot of reasons, a lot of it having to do with poverty, a lot of it having to do with disruptions in their neighborhoods and their communities, and failing schools and all those things. And that’s no excuse, but what we also believe in is, is that people — everybody — should be treated fairly and the system should work for everyone. (Applause.)"

by Anonymousreply 7308/24/2013

R71 Walked because the case was prosecuted politically, after Zimm was convicted in the court of public opinion (like the Duke lacrosse team).

Zimm didn't get charged appropriately and plead out because Al Sharpton smelled opportunity, spoiled because George was more Peruvian than blond, blue-eyed WASP.

If GZ was convicted in the media, no reason this heinous barbarism shouldn't open a frank national discussion as well.

by Anonymousreply 7408/24/2013

Yipes! Has the Storm come to the Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 7508/24/2013

Let's stop beating around the bush. Conservatives are racists.

by Anonymousreply 7608/24/2013

This thread confirms what I've always believed: If white gays were actually straight, they'd jump to the Republican party in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 7708/24/2013

It is not racist to state that a disproportionate number of violent crimes are committed by young black males. That is a fact. It just is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 7808/24/2013

That's not true R77.

by Anonymousreply 7908/24/2013

R78 you have a kindred spirit!

Defend Our Homeland: "Hopefully more White Australians will wake up to what is going to happen to their own people if the allow more third World people into the country. The crime rate of Negros is at least 10,000 percent higher than it is for Whites and it is not worth killing off the White race trying to find the one good Negro in a thousand. I am ashamed of the liberal half of my race, the White race for doing this much harm to our society and causing crime to be so unbearably high."

by Anonymousreply 8008/24/2013

The bottom line is that the Zimmerman case showed that it is acceptable to kill a young black man - after deliberately inciting an altercation just because he was black - because of a presumption that he was dangerous (because he was black) and there will be no legal consequences. Zimmerman is walking free and still buying guns. He is hailed as a hero by some for killing an unarmed black kid in cold blood...in 2013.

If anyone knows of any instance in U.S. history where a black man provoked a confrontation with an innocent white kid, then killed the kid, and walked free after a trial please share it.

And don't bring up OJ because the question in his trial was whether he was the killer and that wasn't at issue in Zimmerman's trial.

by Anonymousreply 8108/24/2013

R78 Yet you want to ignore facts like in R61 that most mass killers are white males in their 20's.

Face it - there's scary, sick people in all races and ethnicities, so why keep harping on about them being black?

by Anonymousreply 8208/24/2013

See, here's the problem. Is ok to debate hate crimes, etc when the victim happens to be black. But in the reverse situation it's racist to even raise the question. The guy tweeted 'whites are nasty HATE'. That's a fact that can't be disputed. It certainly should be enough evidence to at least debate whether its a hate crime. Laws (and debate about them) should be applied consistently.

by Anonymousreply 8308/24/2013

R78 When zealots don't like the message and have no counter-argument, they demonize the messenger.

In this case, it's by smearing them as something as vile as being racist. It's the new blood libel.

Yielding diminishing results, however.

by Anonymousreply 8408/24/2013

There are people who believe that it is impossible to be racist against white people in America because they are in the majority. You all are just debating semantics. The other side believes that someone can be racist against any race -- that a race's position in society is not relevant to the equation, it's only whether or not someone is singled out, treated a certain way, whatever, based on their race. So without settling that basic point of contention, neither side will make progress towards understanding, if either side even cares about that at all.

The argument too often ends with both sides entrenched and unwilling to really discuss anything. It becomes like trying to discuss whether the U.S. should change the amount of foreign aid to Israel, or give them nukes. The second you try to discuss it one side will just say you're against Jews when what you're trying to talk about is not about being Jewish at all.

by Anonymousreply 8508/24/2013

R81 Google Trevor Dooley, out on bail on manslaughter after shooting dead a man in front of his 8 year old daughter on a playground. Dooley came onto a playground armed, man reacted, man was shot.

Dooley used Stand Your Ground. Florida.

Dooley, African-Caribbean.

Dead man, white.

Didn't see that one on MSNBC,huh?

by Anonymousreply 8608/24/2013

Stop linking to that Stormfront shit. We're merely asking why violence is so prevalent in the black community and why blacks commit a disproportionate number of violent crime. Statistics have proven it over and over again. It is not racist to ask questions about such an important social/cultural issue.

by Anonymousreply 8708/24/2013

Jesus, R86, you're mentally ill. What a disgusting person you are. Just vile.

by Anonymousreply 8808/24/2013

Linking to neoNazis just means they have no argument, and want to smear the questioner for daring to address the elephant in the room.

It's sn admission of defeat.

by Anonymousreply 8908/24/2013

R88 ...for compare/contrasting the Zimmerman and Dooley cases?

For suggesting a case that closely matches the criteria R81 mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 9008/24/2013

No, R90, for being obsessed with race.

The media didn't do their fucking job in the lead up to war with Iraq and at least half a million people lost their lives, so when you say that MSNBC didn't mention some random white guy got killed knowing full-well there are countless examples of the collective media NOT doing their job when it comes to a million other fucking stories, but you choose to mention a "local" story involving a white guy getting killed by a black guy as if similar stories involving non-white victims aren't also ignored... then yes, you're mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 9108/24/2013

[quote]This thread confirms what I've always believed: If white gays were actually straight, they'd jump to the Republican party in a heartbeat.

R77, you're full of shit. I don't know a single gay person who defends George fucking Zimmerman, and neither do you.

These people are not gay men. I've been on the DL for more than ten years and these racist asswipes are not our brethren. They are straight, racist, shit-stirring interlopers who should be banished from the DL in shame and disgrace.

They infest and attack the DL because they hate gay men. The internet is vast, they can find somewhere else to spew their ridiculous, irrational hatred.

t

by Anonymousreply 9208/24/2013

What I know is that when the news came out about a man threatening to shoot up an Atlanta elementary school this week the race of the man was not mentioned by most outlets. But it was fairly obvious that the elementary school was predominantly African American.

Every right wing scumbag racist and his brother who posts here on DL were up in arms posting that if the media didn't mention race of the shooter then that meant the guy was black. They moaned on & on & on just like the Racists on here, talking about the left media . And when it was revealed that the potential shooter was white they all crawled back into their filthy holes pretending they didn't write all the crap they did.

Stop embarrassing yourselves. No one is buying into your faux concerns which just masks your transparent racism.

by Anonymousreply 9308/24/2013

R91 You are a man who likes to go up into zee man. You are mentally ill, bubuleh" Siggy Freud

by Anonymousreply 9408/24/2013

Was this posted already? FOX news commentator thinks "survivor syndrome" could have been a factor. By that she means they survived not being aborted.

by Anonymousreply 9508/24/2013

R86, you made my point. The black man, Trevor Dooley, who killed a white man in an argument and tried to avail himself of the 'stand your ground' law was convicted of manslaughter and imprisoned.

George Zimmerman was acquitted and roaming about free as a bird.

by Anonymousreply 9608/24/2013

[bold]The Hunt for the White Trayvon Martin[/bold]

[quote]Those pointing to the white Trayvons do not claim that black racism against violence-prone whites puts white men at risk. They make the case that white people are right to fear blacks because blacks are prone to random acts of violence — and this prejudice is exactly what those who think Trayvon Martin died because of his skin color have been talking about.

by Anonymousreply 9708/24/2013

R97 Dooley walked onto a -playground-with a gun, got into a confrontation with the alarmed victim who was there with his daughter over the gun, shot him dead in front of her.

Convicted of -manslaughter-, which he blamed on racism, now under house arrest, out on bond while appealing his conviction.

If THAT was manslaughter, then that's what GZ should have faced. Instead, he was overcharged ( Murder One! Child abuse!) to mollify Sharpton and Co, which backfired on Bondi and Crump. But not really, cause an unjailed GZ keeps the ball going.

The reason you know Trayvon Martin's name and not David James's? TM's case fit the parameters for a "Bonfire Of The Vanities" roadshow production. James, dead? No mileage there, no hagiography, he didn't look like Obama's notional son.

Why is GZ reviled, but neighborhood crank/ skateboarder-hating cold-blooded killer Trevor Dooley unknown, when Dooley's actions were more egregious, the cases similar?

Because Al Sharpton ain't a cracka, and there's no profit in demonizing Dooley.

by Anonymousreply 9808/24/2013

R97 Found!

Google Roderick Scott & Cervini

You're Welcome! xxoo!

by Anonymousreply 9908/24/2013

[quote]If your judgement, informed by experience, pisses of other Af-Ams, well...I have no concern towards young males from India, who are often darker than Trayvon Martin.

Until they gang rape you and leave you for dead.

by Anonymousreply 10008/25/2013

R82, there are few mass killers and most of us won't come into contact with them in our lives. The violence tearing cities apart today in the real world is gang violence mostly perpetrated by young blacks for whatever reason. The fact that a few white guys go bonkers and take out a cinema doesn't change that fact. AND, while its ok to paint every white guy who owns a gun with the same "NRA loons" paintbrush, you'll get called a racist when you point out statistics.

by Anonymousreply 10108/25/2013

[quote] Trevor Dooley, out on bail on manslaughter

Not the same thing as being freed after being found innocent by a jury. Your Dooley has yet to be tried. AND he was arrested and charged with a crime, unlike Zimmerman. .

It was only after national attention was given to the case that Zimmerman was arrested.

Your false equivalencies know no bounds.

by Anonymousreply 10208/25/2013

And if you believe that I have some sinkhole land in Florida to sell you R101. "Gangs" are not as prevalent nor as violent as suggested by your statement, nor are they responsible for the violence in our land, which is caused by GUNS. Please note that the crime mentioned here did not happen in a city. It happened in a rural area many miles from a city.

by Anonymousreply 10308/25/2013

thank goodness he was shot. one less australian thug running free, threatening real americans. i heard he had drugs in his system too.

by Anonymousreply 10408/25/2013

Oh, hey there racists.

Don't click the link - you won't need to know this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 10508/25/2013

I think I could argue thatwhite folks are the ones who kill for kicks more. Just look back at recent history. But that would be stereotyping, wouldn't it?

That being said, these asshats who killed the Australian guy deserve whatever the law throws at them.

But please stop looking at crimes committed by white people as crimes committed by "individuals", but every crime a black person commits as representative of the race. It's so tiresome, and so typical of a certain demographic on DL.

by Anonymousreply 10608/25/2013

I don't think it's really a DL "demographic" R106. I will go to my grave believing that the racist scum who have invaded and infested the DL are not gay men.

by Anonymousreply 10708/25/2013

There's black people and there's niggas and the niggas HAVE GOT TO GO!

by Anonymousreply 10808/25/2013

Bill Cosby was right. Black people have to get their own house in order and stop making excuses before they can expect other races to respect them and treat them without stereotyping. This story and other recent ones like it just adds fuel to the fire and sets blacks back more and more, and some of them just aren't seeing what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 10908/25/2013

One could easily say the same thing about gays R109.

by Anonymousreply 11008/25/2013

all three of the boys who shot and killed that poor Aussie were black!! The one the left wing media is touting as white, is Mulatto. He has black features!!

by Anonymousreply 11108/25/2013

Yes, r110. Because gays are violent thugs who beat, maim and kill all over this country. Gay neighborhoods are so dangerous that straight people don't want to go there. **rolls eyes**

by Anonymousreply 11208/25/2013

Marry me r112

by Anonymousreply 11308/25/2013

April 2012 Ohio – Elderly white man Dallas Watts beaten by six juveniles in Ohio while they yelled – THIS IS FOR TRAYVON

April 2012 Chicago – Two black teens beat up a white male in because “they were mad about Trayvon Martin case”

April 2012 Gainesville, Florida – 5 to 8 blacks attack white man leaving permanent damage to face while yelling Trayvon

April 2012 Baltimore – Black mob beats white tourist in Baltimore – crowd laughs and steals his belongings

April 2012 Arizona – Black male shoots and kills 29 year old ‘white-Hispanic’ Daniel Adkins, who had mental capacity of a 12-year-old

April 2012 Oklahoma – Tyrone Woodfork beats to death elderly couple – rapes 85 year old woman

May 2012 Texas – Black man Matthew Lee Johnson robs, sets 76 year old Nancy Harris on fire– she died from her injuries

May 2012 Texas – Antowann Davis takes butcher knife stabs 29 year old Martha Jones at Target store in Dallas

May 2012 Georgia – Black mob of three beats to death Marine and Iraq War Veteran

May 2012 Virginia – Mob of between 30-100 black teens brutally beat white male and female reporters

May 2012 Tampa Florida – Four black men beat and rob young U.S. Army soldier

June 2012 Georgia – Two black teens allegedly stab to death white pizza delivery woman and mother.

July 2012 Indiana – 24-year-old Jacqueline Gardner (Mother of two) ‘allgedly’ killed by three blacks over $85 tip money

July 2013 Georgia – Joshua Chellew beaten, killed by four black men After not guilty verdict for Zimmerman:

July 2013 Baltimore – Black people yell ‘This is for Trayvon’ beat up Hispanic in Baltimore

July 2013 Houston – Blacks assault white grandmother in Houston during Trayvon protests

July 2013 South Carolina – Marley Lion 17 year old shot to death by four black people for no reason

July 2013 Connecticut – Five or six black teens for the savage beating of a New Haven Connecticut businessman, steal scooter

July 2013 Maryland – 3 black thugs beat, rob white man in Maryland yelling this is for Trayvon Martin

August 2013 Oklahoma – Australian baseball player Chris Lane killed by two black teens because ‘they were bored.’

August 2013 Memphis – David Santucci murdered ‘allegedly’ by 3 blacks in Trayvon Martin revenge killing

August 2013 Spokane – Delbert Belton World War II veteran beaten to death by two black men

August 2013 Memphis – Two blacks douse white man with gasoline, set on fire

August 2013 Poughkeepsie New York – Jovan Tyrek Rogers black man kills 99-year-old Fannie Gumbinger

by Anonymousreply 11408/28/2013

In the cases at R114 where the perps yelled 'this is for Treyvon', were they prosecuted as hate crimes? If not, why not?

by Anonymousreply 11508/28/2013

R114 is just repeating Right Wing Trash and all kinds of distortions.

In the so called case of Dallas Watts even the Fox News report acknowledge this man was confronted by youths that were WHITE and BLack and that DAllas Watts was the one who bought up Trayvon Martin. He told them when they approached " Why me? Remember Trayvon." The police said the youths interpreted it as a threat to them. The police interviewed them and determined it's not a hate crime.

The Daniel Adkins case doesn't seem in anyway racially motivated and is more a stand your ground case. Daniel Adkins is mentally disabled and was walking and walked in front of a car and the driver Jude who was with his pregnant girlfriend had to swerve to miss him. Jude claims that Daniel swung what looked like a bat or a pipe at him so he got his gun out and shot him because he felt threatened.

The police didn't find a pipe but Jude may get by on stand your gun. THIS is one of those cases that the Right Wing would normally use to celebrate their guns but the Right wing had other agenda in this case to make it about race because they want to score points for the racist asshole at R114.

by Anonymousreply 11608/28/2013

Meant Stand your Ground not Stand Your Gun Laws.

Back to the asshole at R114---Tyrone Woodfork did commit a horrific crime of rape and assault. The female victim died of complications blunt trauma and the male victim from disease. He's being held but will not get the death penalty because of his mental limitations. He's also charged with robbery which seems to have been his motivation. There's no mention of this crime being racially motivated.

R114 appears to simply be listing a bunch of crimes to foment white rage as if the Rush Limbaugh types need any help in that direction. They're busy taking out their pitchforks and white robes while boo hooing about black people. In the meantime most of the crimes that happen is due to the proliferation of guns.

There are about 16,000 homicides per year in the US. The majority of them do not get any coverage outside their local jurisdictions.

by Anonymousreply 11708/28/2013

So, R114 lists over 20 incidents of black-on-white violence. R116 says he's "just repeating Right Wing Trash and all kinds of distortions" but can only challenge 2 of R114's cases?

by Anonymousreply 11808/28/2013

R118 CHeck the list again. Most of them are anonymous black guy kills white guy stories with NO NAMES on them so NOT VERIFIABLE since they're just hearsay stories. I picked out a couple of cases to show R114 is full of shit. And in none of the cases you'll notice did anyone have to petition the attorney general in order to get someone arrested.

The Chris Lane story you all know about--2 black guys and 1 white guy. But the RIght WIng float the idea he's a mulatto and darken his skin because they're so pathetic. It's the same idiots that went on about Jahar not being white white even though he was from the Caucasus region. PATHETIC!

But you know what, if R118 or R114 or so worried about black people out to get you I suggest you build an underground bunker and hide out. You get to hang out only with your kind, the terminally stupid. You won't be missed.

by Anonymousreply 11908/28/2013

[quote]there are few mass killers and most of us won't come into contact with them in our lives. The violence tearing cities apart today in the real world is gang violence mostly perpetrated by young blacks for whatever reason. The fact that a few white guys go bonkers and take out a cinema doesn't change that fact. AND, while its ok to paint every white guy who owns a gun with the same "NRA loons" paintbrush, you'll get called a racist when you point out statistics.

You're even less likely to be killed in a terrorist attack by a Muslim, but that doesn't stop the hysteria when it comes to over a billion people, now does it?

As has been stated before, the problem is the magnification of crimes depending on the "who." Statistics be damned.

by Anonymousreply 12008/28/2013

Clack on clack crime is a major problem in this country! Wake up America!

by Anonymousreply 12108/28/2013

All of those stories are easy to verify. Just google keywords of city, month and either "beat" or "kill" and they all come up. Here's one:

by Anonymousreply 12208/28/2013

122 Someone was beaten and robbed and they've arrested three of the perpetrators. There's nothing about that story that make it of national interest. There's nothing about the story that indicated there was any racial motivation for the crime. Lots of grasping at straws there. That's why I didn't waste my time googling all those meaningless no name stories.

by Anonymousreply 12308/28/2013

R122 Google "Channon Christian", if you want to put a face to victims of barbarism and savagery

by Anonymousreply 12408/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!