Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Project Runway Season 12

The other thread is full, and we're not halfway through the season yet. What will the rest of the episodes bring, besides more tears from Justin, more drama from Ken, and more cruelty from Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine? Time will tell.... (and so will Tim).

by Anonymousreply 60009/27/2013

I'll cry my way to the final 3!

by Anonymousreply 108/23/2013

I'll bitch slap my way to the final 3!

by Anonymousreply 208/23/2013

I'll bitch-face my way to the final 3!

by Anonymousreply 308/23/2013

I want to come all over Braden's beard.

by Anonymousreply 408/23/2013

I'm still obsessed with the love poem dress.

by Anonymousreply 508/23/2013

I'll gay-marry gay-dad gay-poem my way to the final three!

by Anonymousreply 608/23/2013

My name alone should have paved my way to the final three.

by Anonymousreply 708/23/2013

I loved Alexandria von Beaverhausen's drop trou outfit. She was exactly right when she said that hers was different and unique. I like her quirky personality. I'm hoping she goes far.

Please send that little 'Bama queen home. Her attitude sucks donkey balls, and she has no talent!

Happy Justin stayed, but I think it would have been better used to save Braden just in case. Braden DESERVES to be in the finale. He is one of the best designers I've ever seen in the competition, and if he has a bad week, then THAT would be the time to use the Tim Gunn save. Justin is a sweet guy, but he wasn't worth the TGS.

Jeremy is another fantastic designer, but he seems way too impressed with himself, and he's quite a fussy guy. Btw, what the hell kind of accent is that?? It doesn't sound "traditionally" British... in fact, his accent kind of hurts my ears.

My favorites of the episode were Dom's and Kate's (GAG) dresses. I loathe Kate and her fake ass niceness (sorry Kate, but we already know the REAL you), but that black and white dress, along with the styling, was superb. If she ever deserved a win, it was this challenge.

Dom's dress was beautiful also, especially at the neck. Her designs are always fresh and young, and I'd love to see her in the finale, along with Braden, Jeremy, and Alexandria von beaverhausen.

That redhead (Karen?) needs to go. That moomoo with the belt straps was RIDICULOUS. Hideous and ridiculous. Ugh.

Helen, Miranda, and Alexander are all kind of middling. Alexander reminds me of Suede, including being completely delusional about his talent. Helen is just a wack job, and I really like Miranda because she reminds me of the Ally Sheedy character from The Breakfast Club. However, I don't think that any of these three is worthy of winning the biggest prize package ever.

I have this horrible feeling that Kate will make it to the finale, even though her being on the show a second time is totally unfair.

But strictly on a "who deserves it" level, the finale should be Braden, Jeremy, and Dom, with Braden for the win. I honestly believe that Braden is THE best designer ever on Project Runway. Even his crap designs look good.

by Anonymousreply 808/23/2013

How tall is Ken?

by Anonymousreply 908/23/2013

In spite of all the talk here about the lack of talent in this season's group, I think it will be quite a fun and furious ride to the final 3.

The best of the group are some of the most interesting designers the show has ever produced.

It will obviously be between Bradon, Jeremy, Dom, Alexandria and Kate but I don't anyone can easily predict now who will be at the top of the heap at the finale.

by Anonymousreply 1008/23/2013

[quote] I don't anyone can easily predict now who will be at the top of the heap at the finale.

Actually, from the beginning, there has been a clear distinction for me between the bottom and the top of the pack.

Braden immediately stood out with his initial win, and I have been a fan ever since.

Dom has also been consistently strong, especially with her young and fresh designs. She has been pretty much near the top with her individual designs, except when she has been in a team setting.

I questioned Jeremy at first, but he seems to have really come on strong in the past few episodes, and his designs are solid.

Alexandria was a bit of a surprise. I love how she said Kate should go home on day one. I totally agree with that. After that, she basically was always saying how "so and so should go home." LOL She's always so blunt and up-front, I guess because of her being Swedish. But at least it's not in a mean way. I especially love how she handled five foot Ken. "You just have to pet the kitty." Classic.

Kate of course was always at the top, especially because she has already been through an entire season of PR, which gave her a huge advantage. She needs to go.

Nobody else really stood out, except for Sue and Sandro.

The rest all seemed mediocre to good, and it was clear watching their designs walking down the runway, week after week.

The ones who are still on the show, and the ones I pretty much expected to still be on the show, except for Sue.

by Anonymousreply 1108/23/2013

Did I tell you that my grandmother died?

by Anonymousreply 1208/23/2013

Sorry if I wasn't clearer in my muddled rambling post.

I meant it's obvious who will be the top 5 but not at all predictable (at this point) who will be the top 3.

by Anonymousreply 1308/23/2013

I couldn't comment last night because of Primetime but I thought Dom's dress was fucking gorgeous and deserved to be, if not the winner, right up at the top. How she was just deemed safe was beyond me.

I agree that the whole Justin thing was total manipulation on the producers' part, chiefly because anyone with eyes could see that fucking monstrosity Karen sent down the runway should have been her one-way ticket home. As bad as Justin's dress turned out, at least he TRIED to make something interesting, unlike Karen, who just took a bed sheet, dipped it in yellow, sewed those leather straps at the top of it, wrapped it around her model, and called it a night. Please.

I agree also that the TGS should have been saved for one of the top designers, who, in my opinion, are Dom and Braden (tied), Kate (gotta give it up to her, she's been doing really well), and Jeremy. I really don't think Alexandria is one of the best. Based on what? The outfit last night was cool and well-made but hardly worth the win; I would have easily picked Dom's, Jeremy's, or even Braden's over hers. (Speaking of Jeremy, his dress was gorgeous but I think they were just unwilling to give him two wins in a row.)

By the way, did I hear right? Did Alexander say, when they were getting ready to go glamping, that he hadn't been on an outdoor trip "since I was a little girl"??

My predictions for final three: Dom, Braden, and Kate (with Jeremy in fourth).

by Anonymousreply 1408/23/2013

Did you blokes also realize that I married my own cousin?

by Anonymousreply 1508/23/2013

Are you serious, R15? Proof, please.

Also, do you know what type of accent Jeremy has? Is it Welsh, or some other regional accent?

by Anonymousreply 1608/23/2013

R16, Jeremy's from Birmingham. From what I can tell, he's got a hybrid Brummie-Londoner accent going on.

by Anonymousreply 1708/24/2013

I'll ass kiss my way to the final 3!

by Anonymousreply 1808/24/2013

To answer R16, from Jeremy's own mouth, he said several times his grandmother died, then said it was his partner's maternal grandmother. Sharing a grandparent = cousin.

by Anonymousreply 1908/24/2013

Justin is such a gentle lamb that I couldn't help getting swept up in the emotional manipulation. They'll probably have a double elimination soon to make up for it, anyway. I'm kind of glad Negative Nancy will be around for at least one more challenge; such a petulant little queen. He's probably a regular DL poster. But Karen's urine-soaked bedsheet definitely should have gotten her auf'd.

by Anonymousreply 2008/24/2013

What is up with Karens mouth? She make the strangest faces and it's quite upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 2108/24/2013

She's having a stroke, r21.

by Anonymousreply 2208/24/2013

Something about Justin - besides just his deafness - inspires paternal feelings. He seems so easily broken and so earnest.

by Anonymousreply 2308/24/2013

Aside from the rough finishing and bad fit for the jacket, I liked Alexandria's outfit. Well, except for the giant ruffle in the back.

The blue furry cartoon design she did with Kate (?) for the Coney Island Yoplait challenge (?) was also different and good.

Which made me think she was a dark horse for the Final 3 so I looked at her webpage and it was a let-down. Horrible photography.

So many of the designs on the show look good at the sketching phase and the fabric buying stage and when they are half-finished but I'm usually disappointed on the runway.

Thank God Jeremy didn't use the awful primary colored chiffon he bought. His bias gown was well made but the scrapbooking text was a blatant play for sympathy. I generally like what he does but he's very calculating. He and Braden are similar in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 2408/24/2013

Karen and her ginger twin brother with the odd eyebrows simply must go.

I don't know why there isn't more love for Dom among the judges but she's gotta make it to the final 3. I think they only gave Alexandra the win to piss Ken off and create more drama.

The brit/aussie/whatever with the dead grandmother will not make it to the finale. He's going to slip up at some point.

by Anonymousreply 2508/24/2013

Jeremy's children are autistic!!! Next on Project Sob Story!!

by Anonymousreply 2608/24/2013

I wonder if Jeremy killed his grandma just to get some sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 2708/24/2013

R25, I think Alexandria's design looked fresh, and it certainly did't hurt that it looked completely different from all the dresses and gowns other made. I doubt she was give a win just to spite pocket Kanye, although of course you never know what goes on behind the scenes.

I don't really like Jeremy's designs. I mean sure they look fine and probably he sells them a lot but to my eye there's nothing really unique about them. They look like something anyone with some skills could produce.

I have a problem with people who portray the image of being nice, open and straight with you but really are doing it only for their own benefit. Jeremy seems like that. The whole dead grandmother thing was annoying and that's when I started to dislike him, although of course I can't deny that having someone close to you die is of course horrible. There's just something that rings un-true about Jeremy. But reality shows like to play with the audience's emotions so who knows what everyone is really like. Jeremy seems to be liked be the other people in the house so who knows, maybe he really just is a straightforward and nice person. But I still don't like his designs ;)

by Anonymousreply 2808/24/2013

Ken's outfit was one of the worst I've ever seen in all 11 seasons. The pattern was so ugly. Everything from the colors to the pattern. He should've been the one to get the boot.

by Anonymousreply 2908/24/2013

I actually thought eyebrow carrot top's dress was very well made but Karen should be gone already

by Anonymousreply 3008/24/2013

The makeup guy is a homewrecker. Did you see him flirting shamelessly with Braden in the makeup room?

by Anonymousreply 3108/24/2013

R19, when you have been with someone that long, their family is your family.. I call my partner's grandmother *my* grandmother. It's different with parents, but we call one another's grandparents, aunts, uncles and nieces as our own as well. We're not cousins, just close to one another's families.

by Anonymousreply 3208/24/2013

Scott the makeup guy can wreck my home anytime.

by Anonymousreply 3308/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 3408/24/2013

I can't believe after all these years and all his fans, Scott the makeup guy doesn't have his own show.

Or that they haven't at least featured him more as part of the whole PR machine.

It also amazes me that with all the things that could go wrong with the hairstyling and makeup designs as the models are getting dressed, that there's never been a designer who was unhappy with the results and used it as a defense of their standing during judging.

by Anonymousreply 3508/24/2013

While he was telling the contestants about his decision to save Justin, one of the things Tim Gunn said he believed the judges made a mistake.

That means he thinks they should have voted somebody else out.

I really would like to know who Tim felt should have gone home instead.

If I were Drew Barrymore-2 or midget-Kanye and heard him say that, I'd be giving him a side-eye like 'ah, which of us do you think should have gotten the boot then, Timmy?"

by Anonymousreply 3608/24/2013

[quote]To answer [R16], from Jeremy's own mouth, he said several times his grandmother died, then said it was his partner's maternal grandmother. Sharing a grandparent = cousin.

Not necessarily r19. They could also be brothers.

Why does nobody mention that delicious twist?

by Anonymousreply 3708/24/2013

"That means he thinks they should have voted somebody else out."

Karen was part of the group around Tim when he said that and I was watching her face but she didn't have a reaction. Maybe she didn't think about what it meant until later.

I just checked out the designer portfolio's on the Lifetime website, now that I know who everyone is. Check it out. There are designers with really crap portfolios: Karen, Miranda, Alexandria, Dom, Helen. Jeremy's is menswear AND bridal. Kate's is so mediocre bridal. Alexander is a costume designer and his stuff is really baroque but beautiful. Justin is all avant garde which he hasn't shown on the show AT ALL, Bradon has gorgeous clothes of course but the one who surprised me is crazy Sandro. He has done a LOT. Some of it is borderline vulgar but all of it is very intricate and he's the only one to show his clients Cindy Lauper and Joan Rivers. It's too bad he flipped out because he has a bigger collection of work than all the other designers combined.

by Anonymousreply 3808/24/2013

PR is showing at Fashion Week at the end of NEXT week (Sept 5). So except for the person eliminated this week and next week (hopefully Karen and Miranda), everyone else will show a collection.

Getting to show, even as a decoy, is still quite valuable. It becomes your portfolio.

by Anonymousreply 4008/26/2013

Why You Should Watch "Project Runway" Again:

by Anonymousreply 4108/26/2013

it's tonight! I predict Karen will go home. Or Miranda.

by Anonymousreply 4208/29/2013

Where's Andre?

by Anonymousreply 4308/29/2013

Heidi looks hot tonight!

by Anonymousreply 4408/29/2013

Correction, R44: Heidi looks FUCKING hot tonight!

by Anonymousreply 4508/29/2013

Stunned that Helen won with that plain black dress. In the past they've eviscerated a designer for doing something so simple. LOVED that Jeremy was in the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 4608/29/2013

Agree, r46. About Helen and Jeremy.

by Anonymousreply 4708/29/2013

Who was auf'd?

by Anonymousreply 4808/29/2013

Miranda, r48.

They're recycling challenges. They already had a shoe challenge in another season. Was it Season 10? I forget, but I remember they picked shoes and designed outfits to go with them.

I'm amazed that Helen made something so simple.

Ken needs to go next. I can't stand him.

Who do you think will be the Top 3? I hope Dom is, I think she's very talented and seems really nice as well.

by Anonymousreply 4908/30/2013

I too didn't get all the love for Helen's simple black dress. Sure it was well constructed, but to paraphrase Michael Kors from several seasons back, this isn't "Project Seamstress." Award the designer who actually thinks outside the box and does something unique, fresh, and inventive... and, heaven forbid, uses patterns and colors! Designing a basic black shift dress with matching mini-cape to go with simple black leather mini boots seems like a cop-out to me.

I can't wait for Ken to be aufed. He's such a nasty bitter queen. Not even witty and clever, just mean and nasty. And when he was commenting about the "intelligent designers" not knowing their fashion history, he sounded so fucking pretentious. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 5008/30/2013

Ken is the Coco Montrese of Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 5108/30/2013

Dom should have been in the top 3. I didn't love it, but it was by far the most original and coolest garment. I liked the idea behind Alexandria's, but I thought the lace around the neckline looked cheap and poorly constructed. Didn't think Ken's was so great either--the skirt was awful.

It was time for Diana Prince to go, but I thought Bradon's was worse. He has seemed pretty clueless the last couple of challenges. Still, I think the final 3 will be him, Dom and Alexandia. Dom would be my pick to win.

I certainly have never been to fashion school and I new more trivia answers than those bozos.

by Anonymousreply 5208/30/2013

Dom was the only one who did something interesting. The judges always complain that the designers make their models look old--Dom makes hers look young and gets punished for it. Bradon, after a fast start, has really faltered. Look for him to win next week, just because. Ken is ridiculous. Can't wait for him to go. British Daddy is also losing his edge. The real shock is that Alexandria, who was basically invisible for the first few weeks, has now turned out two great outfits in a row. Maybe there's life inside those slightly dead eyes. And Kate is no longer getting all the camera time. Thank God. Meanwhile, Chinless NIna Garcia Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine is losing her cruel edge, even the designers can mimic her perfectly, since she basically now hurls the same insults from all the previous seasons each time. Sad Zach is still sad, and boring. But Heidi looked AMAZING last night. She is a goddess. She and Tim still hold that show together. Whatever you want to say about Tim, he has a heart, and radiates kindness. But for him to say that this is the most talented group of designers ever--well, Tim, kindness isn't always truth.

by Anonymousreply 5308/30/2013

I loved seeing Tim on the floor looking for Swatch's ball. In his suit no less.

Made me smile.

by Anonymousreply 5408/30/2013

k man, i'm off to bed. nice talking to you... cya

by Anonymousreply 5508/30/2013

[quote] The real shock is that Alexandria, who was basically invisible for the first few weeks, has now turned out two great outfits in a row. Maybe there's life inside those slightly dead eyes.

I disagree with you. I think she has extremely cautious and somewhat mischievious eyes. She's ALWAYS watching someone, especially the ones getting a negative or positive critique.

Alexandria has her eyes wide open, and she throws shade everytime she looks at another designer. I absolutely adore her, and would immediately make friends with her.

Just because someone doesn't throw a grandstanding tantrum, or bawls their eyes out for attention, or holds themselves in higher esteem than they should, doesn't mean she is "dead inside." She's just... watching, listening, and learning. I'm exactly like her.

[quote] Ken needs to go next. I can't stand him.

Absolutely. His attitude is clearly a defense mechanism for being from Alabama or Mississippi, or wherever the hell that he's from.

What I notice about Ken (and many people like Ken), is that they think that attitude and nastiness = superiority. Little does he know that he comes across as gross, low class trash. Get him the fuck off the show. He's so goddamned immature.

[quote] Dom should have been in the top 3. I didn't love it, but it was by far the most original and coolest garment.

No she shouldn't have been. I'm a huge Dom fan, but this week was her first "miss" in my book. That dress was awful, and I honestly thought she'd be in the bottom 3.

Fortunately for her, there were three worse designers.

To be honest, I didn't like ANY of this week's designs, except for Alexandria's.

[quote] LOVED that Jeremy was in the bottom.

Jeremy's clearly always in the bottom. He's practically able to nurse from his titties.

Even so, it's his gown that was the real atrocity. That thing looked like toilet paper and cotton balls stuck on fabric. Absofuckinglutely hideous.

If the show truly auf'ed designers based on the challenge, he would be going home. Lucky for him, he had two weeks of strong designs.

He had some nerve, criticizing the judges. Open your eyes, honey. You're not as good as you THINK you are.

I was sad to see Miranda go. I love that she's a military woman turned designer, and I give her credit for trying.

She was mean to Timothy, but at least she apologized. In a fair world, Jeremy would have been out the door and Miranda would still be in.

PS, personally, I thought Braden's dress was okay. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, nor the best. But I can see the judges' point.

Oh, and I don't get the Helen love AT ALL. She should have been gone a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 5608/30/2013

Why does everyone keep telling Justin he REALLY deserved that second chance?

by Anonymousreply 5708/30/2013

I'm another Dom fan who thought her design last night was atrocious.

She clearly designs with a modern young POV but her work can really veer into childish tacky Hello Kitty world and she will need to step it up considerably to get to the final 3 (which I hope she does).

Gotta say that each week's choices of the Top and Bottom 3 this season seem particularly calculated and never reflect the truth. I think this must be the producers' move to compensate for the judges not knowing who designed what on the runway.

I'll miss Miranda. Even though she was not very talented, she was a fragile soul who got a terrible edit in the first few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 5808/30/2013

Helen's dress was simple, but the cape elevated the look into a very chic package. It was one of the few outfits I can actually imagine someone wearing in real life.

Ken's skirt was way too short.

I agree with Zach;gladiator sandals are tacky.

I'm glad that insecure mess Miranda went home. Tired of seeing her cry all the time.

by Anonymousreply 5908/30/2013

[quote]By the way, did I hear right? Did Alexander say, when they were getting ready to go glamping, that he hadn't been on an outdoor trip "since I was a little girl"??

[quote]with the odd eyebrows

He mentioned it once just briefly on the first episode, but he's a drag performer.

by Anonymousreply 6008/30/2013

There was absolutely nothing new or interesting about Helen's look. You can see the same thing at any Banana Republic or Ann Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 6108/30/2013

Jeremy's been given slack by some on DL because they love his look but he's the stereotypical bitchy British queen. He sounds like he aspires to be Simon Cowell. But since he is not coming from a place of power, he just comes off as a sour know-it-all. Can't wait to see him be auf'd.

by Anonymousreply 6208/30/2013

[quote]Ken is the Coco Montrese of Project Runway.

Isn't he, though? That little queen just LOVES the drama!

by Anonymousreply 6308/30/2013

Ken looks like he's 4'11".

by Anonymousreply 6408/30/2013

I thought those gladiator sandals were terrible! The knee-pad part was below the models knees and I really thought Dom would be in the bottom as well with that matchy matchy quilted romper eesh

by Anonymousreply 6508/30/2013

It was SHAMEFUL, just SHAMEFUL!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6608/30/2013

Helen's outfit was constructed just fine, but it was everything the judges claim not to like most of the time. It was a middle-of-the-pack, "if I've called your name, you're safe" dress. Why it won is a mystery.

I thought Jeremy's was the worst this week -- that "cable stitching" looked like it had been done with tied Kleenex, and what it had to do with those ugly 90s Payless boots is an even bigger mystery than Helen's win.

by Anonymousreply 6708/30/2013

I actually though Kate's design this week was one of the best. Damn it.

by Anonymousreply 6808/30/2013

Good point r70!

Helen won for the obvious reason that they want to keep her on the program and her design was the least offensive they could expect from her. So they grabbed onto it.

Though I didn't get her win either, I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that Banana Republic and Ann Taylor are selling black capes to go with their little black dresses, r61.

I was surprised that the deaf boy (sorry, I've forgotten his name) wasn't in the top 3 as his look was kind of interesting and it would have restored bit of faith in Tim's veto, but perhaps it looked too much like Helen's and therefore got in the way of the judges' (or producers') manipulations.

by Anonymousreply 7108/30/2013

Wendy Pepper did a simple dress with a little cape in Season 1 and she won the BR challenge.

I LOVED Justin's outfit and the styling.

No way did Helen deserve that win.

And, as much as I love Dom, that dress was hideous. What was she thinking?

by Anonymousreply 7208/30/2013

I think Dom's started out good but she lost the plot somewhere along the way. It was too many inserts, too many colors. But I'm not sure who would buy those shoes and where would they wear them.

I did like Helen's minimalist dress and it fit like a glove. I didn't like anyone else's.

"Design a garment to wear with this shoe" was not a good concept for a challenge. I'd like to see them design a new costume for Judy Jetson.

by Anonymousreply 7308/30/2013

That was boring. And the girl who make the multi-colored quilt dress should have gone home.

by Anonymousreply 7408/30/2013

[quote]They're recycling challenges. They already had a shoe challenge in another season. Was it Season 10? I forget, but I remember they picked shoes and designed outfits to go with them.

That's fine. It is a logical and fun challenge. Would you prefer another product placement? How about: Design an outfit inspired by your favorite Campbell's soup, and you must incorporate the label or a key ingredient in your design.

by Anonymousreply 7508/30/2013

[quote]Why does everyone keep telling Justin he REALLY deserved that second chance?

Because he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 7608/30/2013

Some of you liked THIS?

by Anonymousreply 7708/30/2013

R56, if you are just like Alexandria then you too are a passive-aggressive bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7808/30/2013

[reply 74] the bitch that made those shoes that went with that breakfast cereal outfit should be executed... publicly.

by Anonymousreply 7908/30/2013

Dom's quilted dress was too plain for the funky shoes and too funky for that plain dress style. She should have gone with something more Japanese street style, or a deconstructed school uniform. Not original ideas, I grant you, but more suitable ideas for those shoes she chose.

Like Tim said, we're getting down to the point in the season where someone could go home with a good look.

by Anonymousreply 8008/30/2013

[quote]I LOVED Justin's outfit and the styling.

I actually thought Justin's outfit was awesome and that he deserved to be, if not the winner, at least in the top 3.

[quote]I think Dom's started out good but she lost the plot somewhere along the way. It was too many inserts, too many colors. But I'm not sure who would buy those shoes and where would they wear them.

Strange as this may sound, I think Dom got by because her dress, hideous as it was, was a perfect match with the hideous shoes that inspired it. How can you can get mad at the final product when the thing it's based on is every bit as repulsive? Besides, I cut Dom slack since so far, like Braden, she's been outstanding in this competition and frankly should've been in the top 3 with that gorgeous dress she made last week.)

[quote]Why does everyone keep telling Justin he REALLY deserved that second chance?

Because they don't want to tell him what they REALLY feel, which is "sorry, dude, you should've gone home and the TGS kept in reserve for ME!!"

by Anonymousreply 8108/30/2013

I missed it again, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 8208/30/2013

If only there were some way to remedy that, R82.

by Anonymousreply 8308/30/2013

[quote]Ken looks like he's 4'11".

That's only 'cause he's standing on the auf'd contestants.

by Anonymousreply 8408/30/2013

Helen's girl looked like she was going to a funeral.

by Anonymousreply 8508/30/2013

I hated Helen's dreary young Republican outfit. Hester Prynne called, she wants her cape back. I was disappointed in Bradon. Pull it together, man! This was a crappy, boring episode. But I'm excited to see Miss Michael Kors in the previews for next week.

by Anonymousreply 8608/31/2013

Yeah, Miss Posen is going to have to up her bitchy comments game if she has any hope of out-cunting Miss Kors

by Anonymousreply 8708/31/2013

Since they saved Justin, I hope they do a double elimination next week.

by Anonymousreply 8808/31/2013

Why does Helen look as if she's suffering from whiplash in her interviews?

by Anonymousreply 8908/31/2013

Dom's dress deserved to be in the bottom 3. Of course, the designers are all starting to show signs of stress and exhaustion since they've been doing this non-stop, hence some of the suddenly poor choices and questionable taste from the stronger designers.

I don't think Jeremy is cocky, I just think he designs things that are probably more suited to European tastes. And I don't know why, but as the weeks go by, I find myself just wanting to fuck him silly for a month of Sundays. And he's not even my type.

by Anonymousreply 9008/31/2013

That "cable knit" thing should have earned Jeremy a trip home, it was hideous and the more you looked at it the worse it got. At first all you saw was the ugly baggy porportions, but when you looked close you saw all the tatty edges and clumps of fabric. I mean, Miranda's pants outfit was ugly, but it wasn't embarrassing.

There was no clear winner this week, none of the outfits were outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 9108/31/2013

Totally agree, R91.

by Anonymousreply 9208/31/2013

Ken just needs to go. It looks like next week Tim is going to sit his short ass down and ask him what is his fucking problem.

by Anonymousreply 9308/31/2013

Kaley Cuoco please go away. Why is the media so obsessed with trying to make her happen?

by Anonymousreply 9408/31/2013

Yes, I would not want to deal with Kaley Cuoco on a regular basis. What a bitch. And she was the guest.

by Anonymousreply 9508/31/2013

Why was Kaley even there since we had that editor/long-haul trucker from Marie Claire there?

by Anonymousreply 9608/31/2013

R90, it's not about Jeremy designing for European taste but that he's making fucking ugly garments. Ok, I can imagine seeing that kind of look in the streets of Paris (or actually pretty much in any Western city) in the 90's maybe, but I don't think it would've been seen that high quality even then. In the year 2013 it just looked horrible. Those were the only shoes I hated and he picked them, and created something that made the shoes look even tackier. I wish he'd gone home, but I knew they had to get rid of bland Miranda first.

I really liked Helen's outfit. Yes it was simple but it looked so absolutely perfectly fitted and perfectly made that Kenye's and Alexandria's dresses looked pretty poor in comparison. Minimalism when done right is so beautiful. BTW, that Alexandria's model Ya is probably on the verge of anorexia, if not already there.

by Anonymousreply 9708/31/2013

I'm with R14. I think Dom, Kate and Braden are the best so far.

Ken is just...words fail me. I'm assuming that he's quite the queen bee wherever he resides as far as his designs are concerned, and has been completely and utterly overwhelmed with the talent surrounding him since day one. That is the only reason his personality is just SO poisonous. If his designs/esthetic were of a superior quality, I could understand his attitude (maybe), but the fact that everything he's sent down the runway has been just awful only makes him laughable. I get that he's good TV, but he's a bully and his little ass needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 9808/31/2013

BTW, is anyone else annoyed by the guest judges? It use to be that to qualify to be one, you had a career in the industry, or at least an actor/actress with their own fashion line. Katey Cuoco? Allison Williams? I think we the viewers can deal with the unknown "So and So, who is the executive director of Stella McCartney designs" It isn't necessary to have someone judge whose only there because of name recognition and the fact that they've walked the occasional red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 9908/31/2013

They've really dumbed down the competition in almost every aspect. Not sure if it's the move to Lifetime, or the producers are just coasting at this point.

by Anonymousreply 10008/31/2013

Wasn't Helen's dress just a variation on a famous Tom Ford dress from a couple years ago? Slim fitted sheath with a fitted cape over the shoulders. Gwynnie wore it in white to the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 10108/31/2013

I agree, Mia. Why should someone with a little popularity but no fashion training make a decision that affects a fashion designers career? I feel that some of the TV personalities are prepped with key words to use prior to the judging so they don't look so incompetent. Also, note that the celebrities don't voice their opinion first so that they have time to support the opinion of the fashion professional judges. They don't look so inept this way.

I will say that at least Kelly Osbourne has been getting some on the job training in the last few years.

I absolutely loved Jeremy's love note dress from two episodes ago. And I thought Dom's dress fit the challenge perfectly.

Helen looked better this past episode. She could actually be attractive if she smiled more.

And Ya is drop dead gorgeous. Her skin positively glows. At times her facial expressions show how bored she is with PR, but she and the Asian model are stunning.

Kate has good taste and I think she will do well when she branches out on her own. I'm glad they're cutting back her air time though because it was obvious she was the judges' pet.

by Anonymousreply 10208/31/2013

Helen's dress.

by Anonymousreply 10308/31/2013

That is hardly new R99. I don't like actresses whose only real viewpoint is if they would want to wear it and have no real knowledge of fashion but actresses have been guest judging on PR for years and years.

by Anonymousreply 10408/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 10508/31/2013

Kaley Cuoco needs to go away. All I know about her is that she's on some awful sitcom and people were up in arms about her fake relationship with Cavill. Now I see why...he is way out of her league. Out of her solar system, really. And she's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 10608/31/2013

The sitcom is probably the best on network television.

by Anonymousreply 10708/31/2013

Why do they only rerun the show on Thursdays? I probably miss it every Thursday and don't have demand or tevo.

by Anonymousreply 10808/31/2013

Helen's dress looked like something a lesbian would be buried in.

Jeremy is slowly morphing into the Dowager Countess. He's clearly over the other lowly designers. He reminds me so much of Laura Bennett. Both have rich husbands and don't really need all of this.

by Anonymousreply 10908/31/2013

You can watch full episodes on the website, starting the next day.

by Anonymousreply 11008/31/2013

" BTW, that Alexandria's model Ya is probably on the verge of anorexia, if not already there."

Yeah. She's so spindly she reminds me of the aliens from "Attack of the Clones", she moves more like them than a human being. She makes clothes look odd.

And yes, Kaley Cuoco is regularly featured on "Go Fug Yourself", because she can't put a look together to save her life. She has no idea what suits her, and if a miracle occurs and someone puts her in a nice outfit, she ruins it with bad hair and makeup. She has the opposite of a sense of style, and is a terrible choice for a guest judge.

by Anonymousreply 11108/31/2013

Heidi still adds that line about how 'this season we have an anonymous runway - the judges don't know which designer made which outfit' just before they runway part of the show.

But they obviously get to know which model works with which contestant, so they know. The only person it might be truly anonymous to is the guest judge.

by Anonymousreply 11208/31/2013

Laura Bennet made beautiful clothes. Jeremy does not.

by Anonymousreply 11308/31/2013

Ya could make the most boring design look edgy.

by Anonymousreply 11408/31/2013

r101, good point. r112, The models have been switched around each episode. They are all getting to use Ya (this is the first time I've even remembered the name of a model). Don't know what system they are using and don't care; choosing models on the air is a waste of time.

I would say the judges know who designs each garment because the designer melts into a puddle of squee when it appears on the runway. Whether the judges take the time to look over in their direction is another question.

I like those funny Priceline ads Kaley Cuoco does with William Shatner but the 3rd chair should be someone with credibility in the industry, ie another designer/buyer/editor. That would not include bloggers or cable tv snarkers.

by Anonymousreply 11508/31/2013

Was the MarieClaire guest judge Nina's boss or vice versa? They didn't relate to each other at all on camera.

by Anonymousreply 11608/31/2013

R116, I'd assume from her job title that she's Garcia's boss. But then again wasn't there some talk earlier (here maybe) that at Nina's earlier job at Elle she didn't really do anything after she started the Project Runway gig, but was merely an ad for Elle at PR?

by Anonymousreply 11708/31/2013

Ken is a nasty little man, And I laugh out loud at the Queen Mum's pronouncements. I was shocked to Braden's outfit- How could anyone think that that was attractive? They must be completely exhausted at this point.

by Anonymousreply 11808/31/2013

Yeah, R18, about exhaustion: actually I was wondering that how fast did they shoot this season, since they seem to have one day challenges all the time, and challenges seem to be back to back, from the runway to the new challenge the next day. Did they shoot 2 or 3 challenges a week there?

by Anonymousreply 11908/31/2013

Bradon's design was so bad and so out of character that it makes me suspect that the producers made some kind of a bargain with him.

If you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 12008/31/2013

I agree that Braden's outfit was atrocious, but he's been mostly good up until this week. That "swing dancer" skirt made his model look 30 years older and it gave her a huge FUPA. All it needed was a pair of big ol' granny panties to complete the look.

by Anonymousreply 12108/31/2013

[quote] BTW, is anyone else annoyed by the guest judges? It use to be that to qualify to be one, you had a career in the industry, or at least an actor/actress with their own fashion line. Katey Cuoco? Allison Williams?

PR has always included celebrities as guest judges, not necessarily because of their fashion sense, but simply because they would wear the designs down a red carpet.

In fashion, the bottom line is that you want to book an A-list celeb client, in order to make a name for yourself.

Fashionable or not, an A or B list celebrity wearing your garment will get your designs noticed.

by Anonymousreply 12209/01/2013

Also, I've never minded in the critiques when Heidi or a guest judge says "I would wear it" or "I would never wear it!"

I think it puts the design in proper perspective.

by Anonymousreply 12309/01/2013

they orobably shoot the whole season in a matter of weeks so these challenges are probably one right after the other which is why by the mid point they are all stressed out and exhausted

by Anonymousreply 12409/01/2013

Very low budget. They can only afford to rent those 2 apartments for a month so they have to shoot quickly.

by Anonymousreply 12509/01/2013

Helen's dress you could find anywhere from Macy's, Lord & Taylor to JC Penny and Sears. Ridiculous that that won.

This was a really bad runway week. Nothing looked good.

Bradon has to get over his obsession with his techniques and look at the bigger picture. He wasted a lot of time crinkling that top.

Miranda should have gone home weeks ago.

Jeremy probably did watch Pretty women one too many times. This challenge and the one with the grandma were his worse but I've liked some of his other stuff and I have hope he'll improve. He seems sweet to me. How many people still write love letters much less handwritten ones.

I didn't care for Alexandria's look or her kneepad shoes.

Heidi's looked good the last couple of episodes. Maybe someone new is dressing her.

by Anonymousreply 12609/01/2013

I see Bradon posts here.

by Anonymousreply 12709/01/2013

Dear Bradon,

Please tell us about your hairpiece.

by Anonymousreply 12809/01/2013

Braden needs to stay off the phone with his bf and concentrate on the competition

by Anonymousreply 12909/01/2013

Bradon, we're all rooting for you...don't disappoint us!

by Anonymousreply 13009/01/2013

[quote]Bradon has to get over his obsession with his techniques and look at the bigger picture.

Well, Patricia almost won it all last season, and she was more obsessed with technique than any designer in PR history. I still have nightmares about her "textiles."

by Anonymousreply 13109/01/2013

I hope they throw that no-talent pot-bellied poison pig dog Ken this week. He has no talent--he can't even read beads well. He need to go back to Bumfucque Alabama and go back to dressing drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 13209/01/2013

Speaking as a native of the Cotton State, I can assure you that "Bumfucque, Alabama" is a redundancy.

by Anonymousreply 13309/01/2013

No one thought Kate was ripping off Vivienne Westwood this week?

by Anonymousreply 13409/01/2013

I hope Ken goes home tonight and goes back to work at the Pamida.

by Anonymousreply 13509/05/2013

Alexandria's outfit looks like Tron shat itself.

by Anonymousreply 13609/05/2013

Another episode highlighting the fact that these are bad, bad bad, designers. Helen's jacket was actually quite nice, but the rest of her outfit sucked. Kate's offering was just too many ideas in one well sewed but unwearable ensemble. The rest of them were poor, although Justin's looked interesting. At the end, Drew Barrymore deserved to go home, but it was a shame that it wasn't Ken's turn. A truism in life: People who refer to themselves in the third person are trouble. It was good to have Michael Kors back--you really saw the difference between him and Sad Zach Posen, who has yet to make an interesting or insightful comment. The highlight of the episode however was Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine really letting her inner bitch out: Man, she was vicious. Someone needs to tell her that being the Creative Director of a second rate magazine does not make you a star. It makes you just another New York fashionista in a city of thousands of fashionistas, most of whom are younger and smarter.

by Anonymousreply 13709/05/2013

I liked Kate's look and thought she should've won over Helen. Bradon should've been at the top, too. Has Heidi gone daft? How can anyone like the poopypants look? Poor Dom. Perpetually middle-of-the-road. Kunty Ken really needs to go. He thinks he's hot shit, but he has absolutely no eye for design. Funny how he acted all tough, cussing out Helen, intimidating and threatening her, then the first thing he does is call his mama for support.

by Anonymousreply 13809/06/2013

It's clear that they're keeping Ken on because he brings the drama, but why did they give the girl who designed the poopy-pants outfit a pass?

It was not only hideous to behold, it was unsalable in medium or large sizes because so many women have thigh chafing. And yes, women who need to lose weight are a big part of the athletic clothing market, it'd be a sensible point to make in the judging. And so, BTW, would have been cost of production, imagine trying to mass-produce the more complicated designs, like the spiral leggings.

by Anonymousreply 13909/06/2013

[quote]why did they give the girl who designed the poopy-pants outfit a pass?

Because Heidi liked it. As a producer, Heidi is "a little more equal" than the other judges.

by Anonymousreply 14009/06/2013

In the history of the show, can anyone remember a designer as repulsive as Ken. We all think of Gretchen, Irina, etc., but they were just bitchy.Ken is on another level; I can't think of another as disgusting a human being as he.

by Anonymousreply 14109/06/2013

You can be sure Ken will be the next to go.

by Anonymousreply 14209/06/2013

Then you've forgotten what a bully Wretchen and her minion Ivy were. Even Tim called her out for being a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 14309/06/2013

Those Hammer(ed) Shit pants better not come back in style. I went to high school in 1989-1990 and all the most vile trash wore those. I thought the winning jacket was awful too. It looked like something an overweight drama teacher would wear. I don't believe for a second that Nina Garcia will ever wear that thing.

by Anonymousreply 14409/06/2013

Nina and Michael Kors jumped from mega-bitchy to just plain cunty last night.

by Anonymousreply 14509/06/2013

Wretchen never threatened violence or flew into a rage at random moments. Ken is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 14609/06/2013

"Poopy Pants" and "Pleasure Me Pockets" are so 1990.

by Anonymousreply 14709/06/2013

I only watch the start when they introduce the challenge and then runway. I take it Ken had a fit? He's just angry because he sucks and by providing drama he's delaying his expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 14809/06/2013

"The only thing she's dressed for is the buffet line on a cruise ship."

by Anonymousreply 14909/06/2013

Michael Kors was wearing the exact same wedding ring as Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 15009/06/2013

Ken would be dangerous if it wasn't for the fact that he is 3 feet tall.

by Anonymousreply 15109/06/2013

[quote] why did they give the girl who designed the poopy-pants outfit a pass?

[quote]Because Heidi liked it. As a producer, Heidi is "a little more equal" than the other judges.

Not exactly. Heidi came into the workroom and interfered: she told Alexandria that she loved the pants.

So if Alexandria was eliminated, all she had to say was that Heidi--the actual client here-- loved them.

Next week: it will be Ken or Justin who goes home. Or if they want a dramatic exit: two-time winner Helen. They've built her up, now it's time to tear her down.

by Anonymousreply 15209/06/2013

Does anyone else find Kate totally disingenuous? Something about her really rankles me; it's as though everything she says was scripted for her. I wonder if they're trying to make her a Lifetime star.

by Anonymousreply 15309/06/2013

Am I the only one who finds Kate to be a genuinely nice person? I realize they're all edited to tell a story, but she seems honest and nice and helpful.

by Anonymousreply 15409/06/2013

Project Runway All Stars, the series that fills the gaps when Heidi and company have off between seasons as former contestants vie for more glory, returns with a third season Oct. 24 with a new host, new mentor … and cast of familiar faces.

A remarkable three former winners — Jeffrey Sebelia (Season 3), Irina Shabayeva (Season 6) and Seth Aaron Henderson (Season 7) — plus a first runner-up — Korto Momolu (Season 5) — are back trying to win nearly $1 million in prizes. Other returning contestants include last season’s Austin-based Daniel Esquivel, as well as popular designers Michael Knight (Season 3), Viktor Luna (Season 9) and Christopher Palu (Season 10). The remainder of the cast includes Ari South (Season 8), Melissa Fleis (Season 10) and Elena Silvnyak (Season 10). And, of course, there’s some gay there (though not as gay as it could be — Sebelia is that rarest of breeds: a straight male fashion designer).

Other changes include Alyssa Milano and the new host and Marie Claire senior fashion editor Zanna Roberts Rassi as the new mentor. Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman are back as judges. Guest judges throughout the season will include Kristin Chenoweth, Michael Urie, Nate Berkus and former contestants Mondo Guerra (who won the first All Stars) and Christian Siriano.

The current season of Project Runway is currently on Lifetime Thursday nights; All Stars will replace it after its finale.

by Anonymousreply 15509/06/2013

I agree R153. I can't stand her. If Ken is Coco Montrese, she's Shangela.

by Anonymousreply 15609/06/2013

[quote]Poor Dom. Perpetually middle-of-the-road.

But she deserves better. She's made several outfits this season that were very deserving of the top 3, and at least 2 that were worthy of the win (the dress she made a couple weeks ago was simply gorgeous and much better I thought than the outfit that won), but for some reason the judges/producers have decided to perpetually dismiss her work as nothing better than "safe." Personally, I think she and Bradon are both deserving of making it to the final 3, though I'm not sure if either will get there. I think they're both capable of creating a really lovely collection.

by Anonymousreply 15709/06/2013

R155, that's great news on the designer front in the All Stars. But I'm not wild about Alyssa Milano at all, and shame that the blonde British lady as mentor is not coming back since I really ended up liking her.

But why Alyssa Milano? A B-list actress? Somehow it works to have Heidi-like model to host it since she at least has direct a connection to the fashion world, and lot of experience in it. I actually can't even remember who hosted All Stars earlier, but it probably was some bland model who didn't have Heidi's charisma. I wonder how would Linda Evangelista work as Heidi... probably not too well, but we need people like that, not Alyssa Milanos.

by Anonymousreply 15809/06/2013

What's even stranger about the Dom dismissals was when they ignored her hideous outfit last week that should have gotten her in the bottom 3.

She can't win and she can't lose. So we haven't heard the judges discuss her designs in many weeks now, either yea or nay.

by Anonymousreply 15909/06/2013

I wish they could get Laura Bennett back on for All-Stars.

Also that lovely gay Mormon boy Keith with the biceps.

Oh, and Robert Whatshisname who designed for Barbie.

Who do you want to see return??

by Anonymousreply 16009/06/2013

Whatever happened to Daniel (can't remember his last name)? What's he doing these days?

by Anonymousreply 16109/06/2013

I got a real kick out of Helen saying to Ken, "what is this? Sandro part 2?" LOL

But in all seriousness, if Ken ever talked to me like that, told me to shut the fuck up, he'd be sprawled out on the floor so fast it wouldn't even be funny. There is no way in HELL he would say that to me without getting punched out.

What angers me is that they're just keeping him around for the drama factor. Seriously, that bitchy queen needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 16209/06/2013

R160, r161--where's Andre?

by Anonymousreply 16309/06/2013

Daniel Vosovic, who slept with Andy Cohen? Is he the person, R161?

by Anonymousreply 16409/06/2013

Yes, R164, that's him -- Daniel Vosovic. Thanks.

So he had a thing with Andy Cohen? Never heard about that one.

by Anonymousreply 16509/06/2013

Ken's a nasty little queen, but Helen irritates the hell out of me too. I'm not a Kate fan, but I think she definitely should've won this challenge. Maybe they went with Helen's because it would be cheaper to produce.

I miss not having MKors there on a regular basis. Zach is quite lacking in the charisma department.

by Anonymousreply 16609/07/2013

We just watched this episode -- omg, the funniest PR ever. Michael Kors did carry it one step too far, but still... we loved it.

Helen is getting over-praised. The jacket was good, but looked unfinished. And the top underneath? OMG, can you say 'taste issues?'

I really liked Bradon's and Kate's work this week.

by Anonymousreply 16709/07/2013

Ken is awful! I don't really like Helen but at least she stood up to him where as Alexandria was terrified of him ("I suggest you don't even look at me") He reminds me of another bitchy queen, Joshua from season 9.

by Anonymousreply 16809/07/2013

[quote]But in all seriousness, if Ken ever talked to me like that, told me to shut the fuck up, he'd be sprawled out on the floor so fast it wouldn't even be funny. There is no way in HELL he would say that to me without getting punched out.

Get a load of Ms. Internet Tough Guy.

This thread is filled with DLers of the AARP vintage.

by Anonymousreply 16909/07/2013

Perhaps Ken should've gone, since he's been in the bottom so many times, but his outfit was still slightly better than what's her face's. And honestly, I was eager to see the last episode because it'd been teased as a big Ken meltdown. So I could hardly complain if they are keeping him for the drama, though it'd be nice if someone finally really tells him off, and then he gets sent home. Because I have known queens like him in real life and they are insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 17009/07/2013

That was me who posted that, r169 and by the way, I'm 26 years old. And yes, I would've punched Ken out if he'd talked to me that way. Or at the very least told him to go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 17109/07/2013

Alyssa Milano? That's so weird: it's hard to think of another B- level actress who represents bad taste, bad tv, bad movies, and just bad karma. What a strange choice.

by Anonymousreply 17209/07/2013

I love how all of Ken's mentors are telling him to fight, but they neglect to advise him on how to fight. He's gotten bad mentoring advice, I'd say.

And I loved his teary "you don't know what others are going thru so you should be kinder" confessional moment, completely devoid of irony or self-awareness...

by Anonymousreply 17309/07/2013

Speaking as a homosexual, black midget, he should just get over it.

by Anonymousreply 17409/07/2013

active wear is hard to infuse any sort of fashion without it coming of superhero costume. Helen won because the jacket was fashion using active wear fabric. Kate's was nice and well made and tried to add in an a line but in the end it was still just a work out outfit. I wish they would stop with this unconventional shit or free designs for Heidi Klume

by Anonymousreply 17509/07/2013

Ken should have been kicked out--actually threatening another contestant crosses the line

nice of Heidi to give herself an hour and a half of free publicity for her own product--this show is now just complete self promotion and product placement

by Anonymousreply 17609/07/2013

I think former winner, Jeffrey Sebellius, is inching out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 17709/07/2013

How so R177?

by Anonymousreply 17809/07/2013

I thought Seth Aaron was also straight?

by Anonymousreply 17909/07/2013

5 out of the 11 Project Runway Regular Season winners are men (7 of 13 if you include all-stars). Of those, 2 are married to women - Seth Aaron and Jeffrey Sebelia.

I wonder if they'll do a best of the best showdown by the time they gather 16 winners (soon) or if it would be impossible to get all those people in one room and one schedule.

But if they did, who would be the first one eliminated?

by Anonymousreply 18009/07/2013

[quote]I'm 26 years old

No you're not.

by Anonymousreply 18109/07/2013

Lame mi coño, maricón

by Anonymousreply 18209/07/2013

r182, Nina Garcia CCMCM is Colombian and therefore would never use the slang "coño" to mean twat/pussy/cunt/vagina. Only Spaniards do that.

In Latin America, "coño" is about as casual as "damn it!" It was desensitized in the same way New Yorkers converted a severe vulgarity like "fuck" into everyday chit-chat standard.

Nina would use pan(bread), arepa (corn tortilla), chimba, cuca, gallo (rooster), sapo (frog), panocha, or my favorite ... chocha (bird)

by Anonymousreply 18309/07/2013

Tom and Lorenzo have posted the fianl collections. Every remeaining designer showed work with one exception. Yes, that one.

by Anonymousreply 18409/07/2013

Justin -- Nice, but safe. WTF that shoulder thing??

Kate -- Copying yourself only works if you have something good to copy from.

Dom -- Hideous fabric choices. The 1960s called and they want their hair back.

Helen -- meh, underwhelming.

Jeremy -- still preoccupied with his grandmother's death. One look is nice.

Alexander -- From Jesus Fucking Christ to WTF to gorgeous.

Alexandra -- No.

Brandon -- So much promise, so much shit.

Best thing: No Ken!

by Anonymousreply 18509/07/2013

Um, I think I know how old I am, r181.

by Anonymousreply 18609/07/2013

Educated, well-bred Colombians also speak perfect Castilian.

What a silly cunt you are, R183.

by Anonymousreply 18709/08/2013

[quote]Educated, well-bred Colombians also speak perfect Castilian.

No they don't. They speak the best SPANISH in all the world, period. Castilian is Central Spain's way of speaking Spanish, which is even less perfect than the Spanish Colombians speak.

You're a dumb cunt, r187

by Anonymousreply 18809/08/2013

Judging by the pictures I can't say that I'm truly wowed by any of the collections: I guess everyone had some nice pieces in them but they all also had boring or simply ugly stuff, too. Then again it's hard to know what the judges want.

Alexandria had really nice pieces that probably work well as separates, but lot of them were completely unoriginal. I'd assume those would sell well, though. Bradon used beautiful and colorful fabrics and had some showstoppers, but the collection doesn't look cohesive. Alexander had some beautiful outfits, but some were just horrible.

Dom's collection is really disappointing. Too much happening with stuff that seem to have no connection to each other at all. I think Helen has talent and I love the clear lines in her designs in this collection, but overall it's a bit all over the place and some of those outfits don't fit the models well. Jeremy's stuff was okay, nothing really to write home about. I don't really see a great designer in him.

Justin's collection looked cohesive, but it's a bit boring. I think Kate had some nice pieces, but nothing showstopping. And her collection doesn't look very cohesive.

If I'd have to bet I'd say the winner is Justin or Bradon. Justin just because his collection looked to me the most cohesive. But the most memorable pieces, in a good way, came from Bradon, but he also some questionable stuff (like the last dress that I don't know if I love or hate). If Justin wins it would also play well with the storyline of Tim Gunn-save.

by Anonymousreply 18909/08/2013

[quote] nice of Heidi to give herself an hour and a half of free publicity for her own product--this show is now just complete self promotion and product placement

I agree, fuck Heidi, that blonde, big-titted, Aryan bimbo has had everything in life handed to her on a silver platter. I couldn't possibly care less if her cash registers ring so she become even richer.

by Anonymousreply 19009/08/2013

If Heidi had not gone into the workroom and told Poopie Pants that she liked the look, Poopie would have been sent packing.She is a judge and should never be in the room.

by Anonymousreply 19109/08/2013

I hope Alexandria is over the poopy pants now. I felt a little bad the way everyone was laughing. It was a bit of a Carrie moment. But the pants were awful.

by Anonymousreply 19209/08/2013

Seeing those photos of the final collections it is indeed impossible to figure out who the final 3 will be.

I actually liked Justin's best though I think he will be eliminated soon. If he has any talent, it doesn't seem to function in the pressure cooker of the weekly challenges.

by Anonymousreply 19309/08/2013

Haha R192 I must have no heart, I thought that was hilarious!

I also miss Sandro for entertainment purposes. Seems like Ken became a whole new person towards the end of that ep. Hopefully he reverts back to his bitchy ass.

I definitely think Braden will be in the final.

by Anonymousreply 19409/08/2013

I laughed too, R194. But I still felt bad. A little. I think she did the pants again because Heidi defended them the first time, and since Heidi was the client she thought she'd do them again. But they really did look like the model shat herself. Even the model couldn't keep from laughing.

Ken just has straight up anger issues.

by Anonymousreply 19509/08/2013

There is a huge difference between the well-tailored white poopy pants/interesting jacket set that won Alexandria the top spot two challenges ago, and the use of poorly executed poopy pants for WORKOUT clothes. One thing shouldn't have anything to do with the other.

As much as I hate her, it looks like Helen is in the top three, along with Braden and Kate. I base this on the budgets of their designs. But the bottom line is that the best and most eye-catching entry (not collection, just one design) belongs to Alexander.

With his stage-costuming savvy, he was probably able to construct that fantastic blue flower outfit on a limited budget (and perhaps swiping some supplies from the set of his current show).

by Anonymousreply 19609/08/2013

In a perfect world, my top 3 would be Dom, Bradon, and Alexander. Helen is extremely hit-or-miss, plus she has a sucky narcissistic personality. Kate's done a few ok things but rarely pushes the envelope

by Anonymousreply 19709/08/2013

I take that back, upon a second inspection, Alexander's dragfest looks higher budgeted than Kate's. Maybe something happens in the second half of the season and Drag Brows experiences an amazing comeback. To be perfectly honest, his final collection is the best. Very original, excellent theme and fairly cohesive.

by Anonymousreply 19809/08/2013

I felt awful for Alexandria. Did she really deserve to be humiliated.

Oh, and memo to Miss Kors re the 'sale rack' ... that's where anyone can find your collection at Century 21 and Filenes. And that's where most of your shit belongs.

by Anonymousreply 19909/08/2013

Yeah, it's funny how Kors doesn't think his shit hits the sale rack.

by Anonymousreply 20009/08/2013

Actually, Michael Kors is the most successful designer in the country right now, and probably the world. His company, which went public last year, is going gangbusters. He's also a billionaire, and will soon eclipse Ralph Lauren as the richest designer ever.

by Anonymousreply 20109/08/2013

[quote] Someone needs to tell her that being the Creative Director of a second rate magazine does not make you a star. It makes you just another New York fashionista in a city of thousands of fashionistas, most of whom are younger and smarter.

She's not only got her editorial position, she's also a judge on PR, so she is a star. The younger, smarter fashionistas (yourself included perhaps?) are wannabes.

by Anonymousreply 20209/08/2013

[quote]Because Heidi liked it. As a producer, Heidi is "a little more equal" than the other judges.

True. I think a design that was liked by any one of the judges would win over a design that everyone hated, even if the first one is truly heinous.

by Anonymousreply 20309/08/2013

[quote]Sebelia is that rarest of breeds: a straight male fashion designer.

Rarer than a lesbian fashion designer?

by Anonymousreply 20409/08/2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the final collections. There were great pieces from almost every one of the designers.

Overall, Alexander's was my favorite, although he'll never win this show.

by Anonymousreply 20509/08/2013

I agree with R189's assessment so much, it is frightening. Bradon or Justin for the win.

by Anonymousreply 20609/08/2013

If Justin designed the jewelry/accessories, he will win.

by Anonymousreply 20709/08/2013

After finally viewing the fashion week collections, I say the win is between Dom and Bradon.

But really, that is a big bunch of weak collections! Very few pieces that are genuinely terrific, lots of misfires and bad ideas and horrors that make me want to bleach my eyeballs. And I didn't so much like Dom and Bradon's collections as find them free of forehead-slappingly bad things.

by Anonymousreply 20809/08/2013

Jeffrey ain't straight.

by Anonymousreply 20909/08/2013

The fact that Ken didn't show a collection at fashion week suggests that he's the next one out, or, more entertainingly, that the circumstances of his departure involved or led to such friction that he failed to fulfill his contractual commitment to produce any more work. All will presumably be revealed.

by Anonymousreply 21109/09/2013

Ken embodies every characteristic in a gay man (black or white) that I detest and the reason why I don't go to gay bars anymore.

by Anonymousreply 21209/11/2013

You'd be surprised to find that most gay men are not like Ken, even at every gay bar I have gone to. There is just a small vocal minority they try to be these drama queen divas.

by Anonymousreply 21309/11/2013

Ken is the very definition of "legend in his own mind."

by Anonymousreply 21409/11/2013

I can't stop fantasizing about fucking the hell out of Jeremy!! What the hell is wrong with me?!

by Anonymousreply 21509/12/2013

r201, and he did it without harming anybody, except the animals tortured in the fur industry. But hey, as long as Kors sleeps well, that's the important thing. Fur supports never have to see the pathetic anguish of the animals, but they obviously don't care anyway. Kors is funny yes, admirable, hell no. And btw, the star of the show, Tim Gunn, is anti-fur.

by Anonymousreply 21609/12/2013

Do you think Tim's leather shoes are not made with the skins of anguished dead animals r216?

by Anonymousreply 21709/12/2013

LOL @ 217

There's nothing I despise more than anti-fur rants by idiot celebrities dressed from head to toe in leather.

by Anonymousreply 21809/12/2013

R218, that's IT? With all of the atrocities in the world, that's the one you deem most important? The idiocy of leather-clad hypocrites?

by Anonymousreply 21909/12/2013

R218 wins for the most pearls and Prada bags falling out of his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 22009/12/2013

It's tonight! But as has happened in the past couple years, once I see the lackluster final collections at TLo, I lose interest in watching the rest of the show.

by Anonymousreply 22109/12/2013

I liked Justin's final collection. Why hasn't he showed any of that on the show yet?

by Anonymousreply 22209/12/2013

R217, I've got a better question, do you think it's morally defensible to keep animals in tiny cages their entire lives just so some rich bitch can have a status symbol? Because that's the subject here, try as you like to be cute about it.

by Anonymousreply 22309/12/2013

R223, is it more morally defensible if a poor man is using the fur for earmuffs? Clearly, you have more than enough anger to go around, but try to focus it on the right targets.

by Anonymousreply 22409/12/2013

Actually, R223, the subject here is the current season of Project Runway. Please go away.

by Anonymousreply 22509/12/2013

Good going r225

by Anonymousreply 22609/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 22709/12/2013

I never realized what a hot little body Bradon has.

by Anonymousreply 22809/12/2013

Well, he WAS a dancer.

by Anonymousreply 22909/12/2013

Apparently, the judges were given food spiked with crack to like all those hideous plaid dresses with the uneven hems. Yeesh.

Ken's expression and body language had "kill whitey" all over it.

by Anonymousreply 23009/12/2013

I couldn't believe my ears when the judges praised all those table cloth looking things. I didn't really get the negativity aimed at Dom, Jeremy and Ken's fashions.

by Anonymousreply 23109/12/2013

bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. the wrong one went home. I'm thrilled for dom though.

by Anonymousreply 23209/12/2013

I repeat: There has never been a more disgusting human being on PR than Ken. Period.

by Anonymousreply 23309/12/2013

Did anyone notice next week's previews? Ken erupts while wearing his skin peel mask. That guy is psychotic. The look he gave Heidi? Oy.

by Anonymousreply 23409/12/2013

Heidi, disdainfully: That dress looks like something I'd see in a mall.

Seriously, the words "Belk" and "fashion forward" are never used in the same sentence except this one. I live in the south. I know the hideous crap they sell in Belk.

by Anonymousreply 23509/12/2013

Ken's first look was hideous enough that it should have sent him home pronto.

by Anonymousreply 23609/12/2013

Jeremy should have stayed, Ken should have gone. Period. Another vote based purely on the desire for drama.

On a separate note, so happy for Dom. She had truly earned and deserved a moment like that one.

by Anonymousreply 23709/12/2013

Ken is 24. That explains everything. The plaid dresses were awful and so was the yellow daisy dress. It was so heavy and could only be worn in spring or summer. So imagine how sweaty you would be.

by Anonymousreply 23809/12/2013

I saw that Mia. For his eye rolls alone all through everyone's critiques, Ken should have went home.

by Anonymousreply 23909/12/2013

Wendy Pepper was a cunt too but at least she had talent. So disappointed. You coukd telleveryone else was too. He's the coworker you don't fire b/c you know he keeps a fun in the glove compartment.

by Anonymousreply 24009/12/2013

Didn't someone say that Ken was not among the designers showing at Fashion Week this week? If that's true, I wonder what happened?

by Anonymousreply 24209/13/2013

He keeps a "fun" in the glove department? Well, he needs to bring it out, sugar!!!!

by Anonymousreply 24309/13/2013

Even though Jeremy's reworked dress was simple, it was more aesthetically pleasing than Ken's reworked hootchie mama dress. Add to that, the fact that Ken's been in the bottom many times and has never won a challenge... he should've gone home.

I still don't know what a modern Southern woman's design aesthetic is. The top looks looked like designs any young modern woman would appreciate.

by Anonymousreply 24409/13/2013

Ken's dress looked something Teresa Guidice would rock!

by Anonymousreply 24509/13/2013

Wait a minute... Ken stays and Jeremy is eliminated... but Jeremy has a show at Fashion Week and Ken doesn't???

Damn, I have GOT to watch next week!

Anyway, there were some amazingly terrible dresses this week. Bad, unwearable, misguided things that had me yelling "oh fuck NO" and "you've got to be fucking kidding" time after time. Helen's yellow flower dress was the least hideous, for what that's worth.

by Anonymousreply 24609/13/2013

[quote]Jeremy should have stayed, Ken should have gone. Period. Another vote based purely on the desire for drama.

I so agree. Ken is a kunt.

by Anonymousreply 24709/13/2013

I've decided that Ken isn't the cuntiest bitch on the show, Zac Posen is.

I agree that something was in the water, those plaid dresses were completely wrong. Also I've got to wonder about the freedom the guest judges have, because that buyer for the Dep. store has got to know that no one is going to be buying any of that.

That said Ken's skank ho, Vegas hooker dress was pretty horrible.

by Anonymousreply 24809/13/2013

Ken's age doesn't matter. He'll never get control over his vicious temper, and he'll never grasp how ugly his personality truly is. Someone will always be there to excuse his behavior, to help him blame others.

He's nasty and cruel. Next week's preview shows him bellowing - literally bellowing - at two production assistants.

by Anonymousreply 24909/13/2013

Jeremy would show at Fashion Week only if he had been brought back because Ken was kicked off or left.

by Anonymousreply 25009/13/2013

Some factoids:

Out of the designers left, the following have not won a single challenge:

Ken, Justin, and Alexander*

(*Dom's flip yesterday is considered a win by the Project Runway web site, which lists two winners for that episode)

Only Justin has never been in the top three.

Jeremy is the first designer with a previous win to get auff'd.

We are down to 8 remaining now, so this is the subset of designers who were supposed to show during fashion week (4-5 decoys and 3-4 real finalists).

The fact that Ken did not show and Jeremy did can only be explained by the removal of Ken, voluntary or forced, from the program, though not necessarily from the competition (i.e., he could have gotten eliminated fair and square further down the road and then refused to create a collection, rendering him competitive but unwilling to go with the program).

What causes that removal is yet to be revealed...

by Anonymousreply 25109/13/2013

Does Braden get to show at Fashion Week ?

by Anonymousreply 25209/13/2013

Every designer left at the beginning of last nights episode showed at Fashion Week except Ken.

by Anonymousreply 25309/13/2013

Oh mah GAWD how in hell did the anger troll survive this challenge? That purple dress was bad full length and worse long.

by Anonymousreply 25409/13/2013

Helen's dress looked a lot like a Jonathan Adler lamp.

by Anonymousreply 25509/13/2013

I sort of feel sorry for Ken. He's survived the hellhole he came from by being bitchy and confrontational and refusing to back down, and doesn't have a fucking clue that you can't behave that way in the world he wants to enter. If he ever opens that nasty mouth of his at a job, he'll be fired on a spot. If he somehow manages to start his own company, nobody competent will work for him.

Well, I don't feel *very* sorry for him, he's playing up his nasty temper deliberately because it keeps him on the show longer.

by Anonymousreply 25609/13/2013

Ken calling his 'lady from my church' a couple episodes ago was so bizarre. He goes to an anti-gay church and gets advice from them on how to live his life. No wonder he is so fucking pissed all the time.

by Anonymousreply 25709/13/2013

I just saw the collections on Tom and Lorenzo and it does appear that Ken wasn't one of the designers showing. I guess next week Ken will finally turn into Pazuzzu and disappear. Can't wait. Also the deaf guy's collection looks great online.

by Anonymousreply 25809/13/2013

Yeah Justin's collection was much stronger than I thought it would be. I have to admit I thought Tim's saving him was complete bullshit but based on the collection he produced I guess maybe Tim really did see talent there (even though he hadn't displayed it in the competition which is the point of the show).

by Anonymousreply 25909/13/2013

Where are the links to view the fashion week collections?

by Anonymousreply 26009/13/2013

Here you go R260. Towards the middle of the page you will find three posts in a row that has nice quality pictures of everyone's Fashion Week collections.

by Anonymousreply 26109/13/2013

Whoops, link

by Anonymousreply 26209/13/2013

Ken has one of those vocal patterns where he overenuciates in an apparent attempt to make what he is saying seem important and that he is much more clever and bitchy than he really is. He reminds me of Venus Extravaganza in Paris is Burning. She at least seemed to have a soul..Ken just has rage. Also Helen was the only one of the contestants to stand up to him and it was only after Tim stepped in that he apologized. There must be a few of those queens that have the capacity to rip him to shreds or at least tell him to shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 26309/13/2013

If Ken was kicked off the show, or left, then that means Jeremy was brought back into the competition. Yea!

by Anonymousreply 26409/13/2013

The collections preceded the air date of the show so it may be that Jeremy was still a decoy and that Ken leaves on next week's ep and wasn't eligible to participate in fashion week. In any event he is probably in restraints somewhere babbling to anyone that will listen to "Shut UP! I am TAlking!"

by Anonymousreply 26509/13/2013

Confession time: I hate Ken - he's truly a vicious, nasty little piece of work - but goddamn if there isn't something about him physically that I find very, very hot...

I wouldn't mind trying to fuck the bitchiness out of him.

by Anonymousreply 26609/13/2013

I did laugh at 2 things Ken said on the new episode.

The first one was when Alexander asked him how Southern girls wear their hair. Ken said "like normal girls." Alex said he keeps thinking of Steel Magnolias and Ken said "You gonna be steel at the bottom with that magnolia." It made Alex laugh too which is good because it looks like those 2 severely piss each other off next week.

The other funny was when he said Braden's outfit looked like what Harriet Tubman wore after she got her freedom. (and frankly, I thought that dress was particularly ugly)

Ken made 2 outfits that the Real Housewives of Atlanta would wear - and those girls were the vision I had in mind for a modern Southern woman. Neither outfit looked good to me, but neither does most of the stuff Nene wears on her show.

I thought Helen's yellow looked sharp before she covered it in lace which I don't think she should have done. If she could have found an edgy way to use the lace on only part of the outfit, it might have been considered modern.

by Anonymousreply 26709/13/2013

I get the vibe that he was smacked around as a child. He must have experienced some sort of trauma to have all that anger.

by Anonymousreply 26809/13/2013

Nah - he's just a nasty bareback bottom cunt.

by Anonymousreply 26909/13/2013

[quote]I get the vibe that he was smacked around as a child.

It's never too late.

by Anonymousreply 27009/13/2013

There is always something amusing about the exaggerated elegance of the undereducated.

by Anonymousreply 27209/13/2013

What does Ken's race have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 27309/13/2013

Nothing, R273. Well, ALMOST nothing. It's essentially a cultural problem, although part of his rage might be explained by his having been crapped upon by virtue of his race -- or his anticipating that he would be, whether or not he has been or would be.

by Anonymousreply 27409/13/2013

I hope Jeremy doesn't come back. His designs are terrible and his fake cheery attitude gets on my nerve.

R271, is anger something exclusive to black males or is it a different type of anger because they're black. I don't understand what you said.

by Anonymousreply 27509/13/2013

I hate how Jeremy puts his face at a side angle when he's talking to the judges.

by Anonymousreply 27609/13/2013

I'm not sure if I saw right in the auffing, but didn't Jeremy act a bit bitchy in the way he leaned down to let Heidi kiss him? (Or perhaps he's just so tall and it was awkward because of that.) And he didn't say goodbye to judges at all, or maybe he did before Heidi kissed him, but if he didn't it looked like he was fuming and just didn't want to say anything to them. I didn't like him, and his cheery attitude seemed fake to me because he hasn't been shy to bitch about other contestants' ugly dresses. He's not the worst, of course, and might actually be a nice chap but his designs were usually pretty bland so I won't miss him.

Although of course he'll be back if Miss Southern Hospitality is thrown out. That little asshole has certainly kept up the mental hospital team spirit after the other crazies were locked back in earlier. But one can't deny his entertainment value. I don't actually see a real physical threat in him the way I saw in Sandro. Kenye throws bitchy looks and has a mouth of a viper but he seems to be very controlled physically. Sandro on the other hand looked like he could hit you suddenly, and probably has done that many times.

by Anonymousreply 27709/13/2013

Agree 271 & I'm Black female.' Couldn't stand the way he postering. Buck up to a man. That plaid dress was everything. Would buy

by Anonymousreply 27809/13/2013

R277, I completely agree about Sandro...He has crazy eyes! He would scare the shit out of me. I don't know how those guys slept in the same room with Sandro...he seems the type to strangle you in your sleep. You just don't know what going to set him off.

Ken is just a kunty queen...all mouth! Ken is too small to hurt anyone. He uses his mouth as a weapon to keep people at bay. Ken can't kick anyone's ass...people just see scary BLACK MAN! Idiots!!

by Anonymousreply 27909/13/2013

I'd love to see Heidi and Nina in a 'who wore it best' for Alexander's final gown. That collection is dragtastic and I LOVE the hair.

by Anonymousreply 28009/13/2013

The fact that southern women would not be caught dead in plaid was completely lost on the judges. They were just as clueless about southern women as the contestants were. Plus they are confusing plaid with gingham. Yes there was some gingham in the south but not since, like 1972. But they ain't been any women south of St. Louis wearing plaid, EVER.

by Anonymousreply 28109/13/2013

The fact is that most Southern women weigh 250+lbs, so what they would actually be "caught dead in" is essentially irrelevant. They wear caftans and shower curtains belted at what was once a waist back in the 3rd grade. But you're right, they usually aren't plaid shower curtains.

by Anonymousreply 28209/13/2013

Do you think Ken is in jail?

by Anonymousreply 28309/13/2013

Looks like Ken has had a falling out with Project Runway if you read through his twitter.

He compares being on the show to slavery

Ken Laurence ‏@_KenLaurence_ 18h Was I suppose to look at the floor and say, "Yes, Masta I'd pitch da needle and thread?" #Failed

Proves everything I thought about this guy. The stereotypical oppressed black man with a chip on his shoulder who race baits when something does not go his way.

by Anonymousreply 28409/13/2013

Ken's twitter feed is full of ugly. He's complaining about black people not having a place in the fashion industry, asking for Oprah to interview him, complaining about not being able to speak his mind and poor editing.

He definitely has a paranoia complex.

by Anonymousreply 28509/13/2013

Yeah the way Ken is portrayed on the show is entirely due to editing...NOT

Perhaps some of it is contrived by the producers but his blow ups and bad attitude are in no way the fault of anyone but Ken

by Anonymousreply 28609/13/2013

If he wasn't able to speak his mind during his blowups at Helen and Alexandria, can you imagine how truly ugly it could have been had he actually done so?

by Anonymousreply 28709/13/2013

Actually I feel badly for Ken. He has so much rage that he must have been hurt deeply in the past. I fear he will never find success or any happiness.

by Anonymousreply 28809/13/2013

I'm surprised that requests to design for the modern Southern woman didn't result in a bunch of sweatpants and t shirts.

by Anonymousreply 28909/13/2013

I could see Kim Zolciak wearing that first dress Ken made, and I can see Nene wearing the second version of it.

by Anonymousreply 29009/13/2013

None of the Southern Women in my large Southern family wear sweatpants, plaid, or weigh 250+. That stereotype fits anyone who lives in trailer parks be it int Geogia, the rust belt, or fucking Bakersfield.

Frankly there are trashy fat people all over the US, people on the coasts just don't like to talk about upstate New York or Sacramento. It wounds their smug delusions.

by Anonymousreply 29109/13/2013

Ken's mom seemed so nice and reasonable and intelligent. Must have been his father...or the lack thereof.

by Anonymousreply 29209/13/2013

I hope that after this episode we can all agree that Kate is genuinely nice and a generous competitor. She seemed very invested in helping clueless Ken.

I think that these qualities are part of the reason she was brought back for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 29309/13/2013

Ken is disqualified and auf'd next week because it is revealed that he lied about who he is and his name and background. We learn during the episode that Ken is really my friend Julie. That explains why he's been acting like a real cunt.

by Anonymousreply 29409/13/2013

Some people are just mean without justification. I don't think Ken needs excuses.

by Anonymousreply 29509/13/2013

Did you all notice that the stress of PR helped Jeremy lose his little pot belly? I do hope he returns.

by Anonymousreply 29609/13/2013

I love Ken. He is so deliciously awful. Paraphrasing, his Mother said something to the effect of "Did you go there again?"

The stare down with Heidi was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 29709/13/2013

If nothing else I at least admired Ken for not giving Heidi the answer to her question.

by Anonymousreply 29809/13/2013

Sandro was deliciously awful in all his diva splendor, Ken just comes across as a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 29909/13/2013

r298, all that did was make me wonder what he said or did behind the scenes to make her push him like that.

I won't absolve Heidi of playing games and favorites from time to time, but for her to dislike him (as was painfully apparent - and Zac Posen was also being bitchy,) that much, one has to wonder what it is we're not seeing.

by Anonymousreply 30009/13/2013

Will they dare do a reunion show with all of the season's contestants? I fear someone would die before it was over.

PR has always chosen lots of contestants for their wacky personalities over talent but this season has really hit a new high in psychos.

by Anonymousreply 30109/13/2013

Sandro v. Ken

Worthy of Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 30209/13/2013

I saw former contestant/bitch Henley or Hadley or Kenley or whatever her name was at a Duane Reade yesterday, standing in line. I actually recognized her nasal and ungodly voice screeching on her cell phone before I saw her, turned around and there she was.....except now she has dyed platinum hair and no more Bette Page bangs.

She sent shivers up my spine.

by Anonymousreply 30309/13/2013

Pity, the bangs were the most interesting thing about her.

She's not even on the same bitchiness continent when it comes to Ken.

by Anonymousreply 30409/13/2013

R300, I didn't get the impression Heidi disliked Ken. He was giving her the staredown and ignoring her however. Luckily for him, she argued to keep him, which didn't share dislike either.

by Anonymousreply 30509/13/2013

She likes fucking with him.

by Anonymousreply 30609/13/2013

"If he wasn't able to speak his mind during his blowups at Helen and Alexandria, can you imagine how truly ugly it could have been had he actually done so?"

When he complains about not being able to speak his mind, he's probably referring to the confidentiality agreement all the contestants sign, to prevent them from spoiling upcoming episodes. That's got to be torture for someone as mouthy as him, he'd probably give up ten years of his life to be able to tell his side of the story when he wants to.

As for why he never gets physical, he's too tiny to get in a fight with anyone over the age of eight.

by Anonymousreply 30709/14/2013

Helen's final collection is the best. It's the only one approaching chic. All of the others are filled clunkers and have no cohesion. Very surprised by this.

by Anonymousreply 30809/14/2013

I actually think Ken needs to be on medication. His mother referred to the "other Ken" so I think he has some type of mental health diagnosis that is untreated.

by Anonymousreply 30909/14/2013

After the episode where Heidi point blank asked a contestant if she was afraid of Ken and she said yes, and after Heidi saw him try and intimidate the women in the group (notice he does not do it to the men), she decided to put him in his place. She does not let any opportunity go by to show him that women have power over him and that they are not intimidated by his diminutive figure no matter how straight he holds his shoulders. She really hated his bullying.

by Anonymousreply 31009/14/2013

Heidi's about a foot taller than Ken. She could probably kick his ass.

by Anonymousreply 31109/14/2013

Does ripping open the fourth bag of Cheetos sound different than the third, R312?

by Anonymousreply 31309/14/2013

Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 31409/14/2013

If it weren't for Ken, there would be far fewer comments on this board. He's been the most interesting part of Season 12. That's why Project Runway is really Project Lifetime for Women: it's just about attracting viewers with drama, not with talent. Braden is the best, although his final collection is kind of lame. The rest of them are all pretty bad. Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director of Marie Claire Magazine has never had such a season to bitch at the lack of talent. She's in chinless heaven!

by Anonymousreply 31609/14/2013

Who makes it to Fashion Week ?

by Anonymousreply 31709/14/2013

I cringe through Ken's segments, R316, even when he's not belching up misogynistic outrage. I don't see him as a ratings draw.

by Anonymousreply 31809/14/2013

r317, they ALL make it to Fashion Week nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 32009/14/2013

Ken screeched at Sandro louder than anyone else so I don't believe he discriminates between the sexes.

And FWIW he was the only one in the room who stood up to Sandro, excepting Helen's lame attempts.

by Anonymousreply 32109/14/2013

I'm not making excuses for him, but it must have been tough growing up a black pocket gay in the south.

That's a lot of hurdles to overcome and still be sane at the end.

by Anonymousreply 32209/14/2013

Re-watch PR Season 1 and Wendy Pepper comes off really well. Reality TV was in its infancy and newcomers would likely laugh at the idea that she was a villaness. The horrid Vanessa Riley is a different story, as is Kara Saun.

Jeremy was the most ungracious idiot. He always said something bad about the other contestants but because he has a Brit accent, it was accepted as charming and insightful. He brought nothing to the show, so I'm glad he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 32309/14/2013

Jeremy deserved to go home. So did Ken. They both should have gone. At this point, they're keeping Ken around because he stirs up drama and, for reality tv, that's a big plus. I think Helen is overrated and getting a big head. I still have high hopes for Dom and, hopefully, she's learned to stop doubting herself. I'd love to see her win.

by Anonymousreply 32409/14/2013

I thought Jeremy was going to be in the finals.

But then, I almost never guess right who is in the top and who is on the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 32509/14/2013

All the remaining designers as of last week showed at fashion week with the exception of Ken. It was speculated that he was sent home this week and that's why he didn't show. But obviously that's wrong/ I am not as much of a hard core fan to search why. The collections can be found online. They were OK but I was not blown away by any. Only one show stopper which was more of a costume than a real dress from our very own costum designer. But that's what catwalks are all about - a great show.

by Anonymousreply 32609/14/2013

I hate Helen. She's unpleasant to look at and her entitled attitude sucks. Ken takes attitude to another level, but at least he makes me laugh. I hope he doesn't upset Alexander next week (who I've pegged as a dark horse since the beginning).

by Anonymousreply 32709/14/2013

Ken needs a good therapist and the others should not have to put up with him.

From what I've seen, he hasn't got what it takes for this kind of competition. I don't know why the judges put up with him.

by Anonymousreply 32809/14/2013

[quote]he could have gotten eliminated fair and square further down the road and then refused to create a collection,

Which would be entirely in character for him. But what explains Jeremy's presence? They don't need 8 collections. At this point the evidence still points to Ken leaving this week outside the normal process. Maybe they realized he cheated somehow on the last challenge so they brought Jeremy back?

by Anonymousreply 32909/14/2013

The judges don't "put up with him" the producers love him and will keep him unless he does something really wrong like threaten someone or explode.

Then they'll still love him as they righteously can his ass.

None of us know how much of this is real and how much is fake. I suspect he isn't as bad as he looks - but is probably bad enough anyway. He'd have to be, to get them to portray him this way.

by Anonymousreply 33009/14/2013

[quote] The fact that southern women would not be caught dead in plaid was completely lost on the judges. They were just as clueless about southern women as the contestants were.

Whom to believe about what southern women will wear? You, or the buyer from Belks? Decisions, decisions.

by Anonymousreply 33109/14/2013

I don't know why the death guy is still in the competition? I don't remember a single thing he's designed.

by Anonymousreply 33209/14/2013

How do you know that the buyer from Belk's wasn't contractually obliged to agree with everything Heidi had to say.

I can see them considering it a fair exchange to produce one or two unsalable dresses for the National exposure.

That is the reason they were there, not looking for marketable merchandise.

by Anonymousreply 33309/14/2013

[quote]His mother referred to the "other Ken" so I think he has some type of mental health diagnosis that is untreated.

I got the impression he was under treatment for anger management, no doubt court-ordered and manifestly unsuccessful.

Someone up thread offered the theory that there were supposed to be 9 collections at Fashion Week, including Jeremy, because fashion week happened before his elimination was aired. That makes sense. Ken had a hissy fit and refused to participate.

by Anonymousreply 33409/14/2013

I think you mean deaf guy r332.

Funny typo though.

by Anonymousreply 33509/14/2013

That Belk executive seemed like a mean Log Cabin gay.

by Anonymousreply 33609/14/2013

Has anyone noticed the Jeremy looks slightly different in some of his on camera interviews? Haircut. Looks slimmer. I don't think we've seen the last of him.

by Anonymousreply 33709/14/2013

[quote]That Belk executive seemed like a mean Log Cabin gay.

Headquartered in Charlotte, so it's not impossible.

by Anonymousreply 33809/14/2013

I suppose you would have to give every designer still on the show a collection if FW happens before the finish of the season - there would be no point in watching after otherwise.

Talk about spoiler. Why did they schedule this way. It just seems really stupid.

by Anonymousreply 33909/14/2013

[quote]How do you know that the buyer from Belk's wasn't contractually obliged to agree with everything Heidi had to say.

So let's see. Believe 1) that the guy From Belk's is legally prevented from telling the truth that southern women would not be caught dead in plaid, and he is legally required to manufacture and sell clothing that no one will buy, and the other judges know less than you or 2) you are mistaken. Decisions, decisions.

by Anonymousreply 34009/14/2013

r340 just had a petty bitch spasm.

by Anonymousreply 34109/14/2013

There is nothing petty in the context of Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 34209/14/2013

Ken has that angry black look, sort of uses that impassive Spike Lee face. I knew a black gay guy in college just like him, he was a tiny little guy who would completely diva out, but would get into sullen moods then suddenly everything was about racism.

by Anonymousreply 34309/14/2013

That Belk's guy looked like he heard he was going to be on TV and got a bad hair dye and a quick eye job that hadn't quite healed by the time he was due to appear. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 34409/14/2013

As he was saying goodbye to everyone, Jeremy said he was happy to be able to see his kids again but aren't they kept cooped up somewhere on another floor? If they go home before the month of filming is over it would be obvious that they were auf'd.

by Anonymousreply 34509/14/2013

So glad they kept Ken because next week's meltdown shown in the previews look epic!

by Anonymousreply 34609/14/2013

Tim's "save" should have been used on Jeremy. I'm hoping they bring back Jeremy to make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 34709/14/2013

I haven't had time to read this whole thread and just started watching so...

Jeremy has kids? Is he a gay-acting straight guy with a family or a married gay guy with kids? Or kids from his former straight life?

by Anonymousreply 34809/14/2013

Jeremy is partnered and they have kids

by Anonymousreply 34909/14/2013

[quote]Jeremy is partnered and they have kids

And is apparently partnered with his first cousin...

by Anonymousreply 35009/14/2013

[quote]So glad they kept Ken because next week's meltdown shown in the previews look epic!

Complete with Queen Helene Mint Julep face mask.

by Anonymousreply 35109/14/2013

R330, Ken already has threatened people, but Helen was the first to go to the producers and Ken was allowed to offer a meek apology.

I could give Ken the benefit of the doubt if I hadn't looked at his twitter feed. He's delusional.

by Anonymousreply 35209/14/2013

[quote]Tim's "save" should have been used on Jeremy.

Why? He's done almost nothing interesting, and most of his stuff has been fugly old-lady wear.

by Anonymousreply 35309/14/2013

Let me gues, r343--that guy would get that angry black soon after you flounced into the room, right?

by Anonymousreply 35409/14/2013

Ken obviously needs meds and a shrink. His "church mom" seemed fully aware of his anger problem coming out and fucking up his stint on PR. He should never have been cast, same thing goes for Sandro. The other designers have to live with them, it's unfair and unwise to have rage-aholic contestants.

I'm sure that growing up a black, dysfunctional, gay midget in Alabama was hell. What I wonder about is why he's still there? Most young gay men flee Alabama as if their lives depended on it, which they probably do.

by Anonymousreply 35509/14/2013

Isn't the whole southern bell thing a white upper middle class notion? How can blacks identify with that? I'm not saying blacks haven't joined the middle class, but I am saying that they were enslaved by those same bitches.

by Anonymousreply 35609/14/2013

R350, They're not first cousins. It's his partner's actual grandmother... He just referred to her as his either because they're close or he wanted extra sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 35709/14/2013

On Twitter, Ken claims he tried to quit three times and the producers would not let him. It is obvious that he should not have been cast on the show which makes me wonder why he was.

by Anonymousreply 35809/14/2013

[quote] They're not first cousins. It's his partner's actual grandmother...

R350 knows that; it's become a DataLounge joke about "their" grandmother.

[quote]Isn't the whole southern bell thing a white upper middle class notion? How can blacks identify with that?

You know it's belle, right? French for beautiful, nothing to do with bells. Anyway, it wasn't a Southern belle challenge; it was a challenge for the "modern Southern woman," whatever that is. And the modern Southern woman can be white or black or Latina.

by Anonymousreply 35909/14/2013

Well, there were at least 3 challenges in which the judges could have easily put Ken out of his misery so that is very sad to hear r358.

by Anonymousreply 36009/14/2013

Are we confident Ken is telling the truth about trying to quit three times? He hasn't exactly been a pillar of honesty from what we've seen.

by Anonymousreply 36109/14/2013

Pretty good, R362. I'd recommend an edit:

I would strongly suggest ... you refrain from uttering ... another word, as a matter of fact ... don't ever speak to me again. ... And don't ever look at me ... or look my way!

by Anonymousreply 36309/14/2013

Tweets from Thursday:

Ken: "CONFESSION :: I know I have a lil anger problem. But it only comes out when it's called out! Next episode they awoke KENDAIRIS & Ken died!"

Jeremy: "oh well, their loss! Watch next week though! Its all good!"

I think this explains it. They kick Ken off next week and either he or they decide he won't show on runway week so they announce that Jeremy will?

by Anonymousreply 36409/14/2013

I think that Ken either quits or is forced to leave so they ask Jeremy to come back. Ken truly has a LOT of issues he needs to see a therapist about.

by Anonymousreply 36509/14/2013

R359, wring dem belles.

by Anonymousreply 36609/14/2013

Jeremy had pretty dated taste. But ken should have gone over him.

by Anonymousreply 36709/14/2013

It's a travesty if Ken tried to quit 3x and the judges still kept him and eliminated Jeremy. They really fucked over Jeremy.

Does anybody remember that older lady who left in the middle of the night and never returned? That was wild.

You know, there's never been a successful black designer in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 36809/14/2013

Does raden make it to Fashion Week ?

He's my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 36909/14/2013

Jeremy's taste was so boring!! If he wasn't going to leave this week, he would have eventually. There's no way he'd make it to fashion week and omg if he did he'd make everyone fall asleep.

Ken should be kept around for entertainment purposes. He won't make it to fashion week either.

I think Helen and Bradon definitely will.

by Anonymousreply 37009/14/2013

Willi Smith (WilliWear) was a successful black fashion designer. Sadly, he died of aids.

And was Stephen Burrows black? Did he also die?

by Anonymousreply 37109/14/2013

I don't know if Daymond John is considered a designer, but he's made hundreds of millions in the fashion industry.

by Anonymousreply 37209/14/2013

R368 The old lady who left in the middle of the night was a teacher who, obviously, had never seen an episode of Project Runway because she was horrified by the behavior of her fellow designers.

So, she took what was left of her dignity and ran.

by Anonymousreply 37309/14/2013

[quote]Frankly there are trashy fat people all over the US, people on the coasts just don't like to talk about upstate New York or Sacramento. It wounds their smug delusions.

Is Missouri the South? Because I saw the largest amount of fat people in Branson, Missouri. I'd never seen such a collection of 300 to 400+ pound people, it was a little shocking. Now it's possible Branson is just the hotspot for fat tourists.

by Anonymousreply 37409/15/2013

Ken didn't show at Fashion Week because he had a last-minute meltdown backstage. The producers begged him to go on, but apparently he didn't feel his collection was good enough and refused to participate. This was confirmed by Lifetime and posted on a bunch of different sites.

by Anonymousreply 37509/15/2013

R375, it is obvious that Ken was not suited for this type of show talent wise or mentally.

by Anonymousreply 37609/15/2013

Is Ken an aggressive bottom or an insatiable top? Insatiable bottom, aggressive top?

by Anonymousreply 37709/15/2013

Ken is an insatiable ego, aggressive temper, R377.

by Anonymousreply 37809/15/2013

Branson is a magnet for fatties from all over the midwest and mid-south

by Anonymousreply 37909/15/2013

Jeremy's dress might not have been exciting but I still liked it while Ken's dress I could easily imagine a mid class hooker wearing. Project Runway should have eliminated Ken instead of keeping & exploiting someone with mental issues for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 38009/15/2013

Ken is what we call a blouse - a feminine top...

by Anonymousreply 38109/15/2013

WHAT R375 so that silly queen made it to fashion week?!?!

I do agree with you R380, Ken's taste re the length was appauling

by Anonymousreply 38209/15/2013

r368, Charles James.

by Anonymousreply 38309/15/2013

R383, are you suggesting that the older contestant who left in the middle of the night was Charles James? Because that's as accurate as claiming that Charles James was black.

And yes, Stephen Burrows is still alive. He is all of seventy years old.

by Anonymousreply 38409/15/2013

But is Stephen Burrows black?

by Anonymousreply 38509/15/2013

Ken was shown on the runway being judged in the previews for next week's show. If he got aufed that means he had that meltdown (also shown in the previews) before the runway show. So they let him continue once again after having a major tantrum? And then they eliminated him on the runway?

by Anonymousreply 38609/15/2013

This season is just begging for a high profile murder or suicide!

by Anonymousreply 38709/15/2013

jeez, this is so weird, I always thought Charles James was black and I put in the wrong r-number for my answer. Obviously I am losing my mind.

by Anonymousreply 38809/15/2013

[quote]This was confirmed by Lifetime and posted on a bunch of different sites.

Link for this shit you just made up?

by Anonymousreply 38909/15/2013

I'm sure you can figure out google all by yourself, r389. I don't bother with wildly over-invested angry types anymore. You're all so much more tiresome than you ever realize.

by Anonymousreply 39009/16/2013

Here's just one report, R389. No need to put down your Lay's Potato Chips bag.

Looks like at the last minute Ken realized what everyone knew--Fashion Week is no place for hooker clothes and tranny fashions.

by Anonymousreply 39109/16/2013

The interview Tim Gunn just did on Larry King's show is attached.

My respect (if that's the right word) for him grows every time I hear him interviewed.

The discussion about coming out to his family is too brief as far as I'm concerned, but I'm glad Larry asked him about it.

by Anonymousreply 39209/19/2013

It's tonight! I assume this is when Ken gets the boot.

by Anonymousreply 39309/19/2013

I hope his meltdown was Caught On Camera.

by Anonymousreply 39409/19/2013

Larry King still as a show?

by Anonymousreply 39509/19/2013

I think Gretchen won her season ONLY because of her awesome choice of music for the runway finale.

by Anonymousreply 39609/19/2013

So if Ken goes tonight, can we all agree that Justin will be auf'd next week?

Will they be bringing Jeremy back next week? Or is the fact that he showed at Fashion Week a moot point?

by Anonymousreply 39709/19/2013

I think from that article that the auf'd just showed to hide the identities of who made it.

I which case all we'll see is the final three, no Jeremy, who won't be coming back to the show.

by Anonymousreply 39809/19/2013

Will the final 3 be Bradon, Dom and Kate?

Or will Alexandria Poopy Pants reprieve herself?

I think it will be among those 4.

by Anonymousreply 39909/19/2013

Christ, I hope Alexandria isn't final 3. I can't see it happening. I think Drag Brows has a fighting chance, though.

by Anonymousreply 40009/19/2013

It better not be Alexandria, I cannot believe they let her get away with the tragedy she sent down the runway last week.

by Anonymousreply 40109/19/2013

Ugh, how could I forget Helen? Maybe she'll make it to top 3.

by Anonymousreply 40209/19/2013

NERDS Challenge!!!

Watch out, Swatch.

by Anonymousreply 40309/19/2013

It's the fanfrau episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 40409/19/2013

Didn't the one frau (who won) look exactly like Andrea Yates...before the makeover.

by Anonymousreply 40509/19/2013

Thank God, the show can return to being about fashion now.

by Anonymousreply 40609/19/2013

Never saw so many, many bad designs on the runway!

Even most of the hairdo makeovers were hideous.

I thought this was a talented group of designers during the first few challenges but now I'm convinced none of them are talented at all.

The 2 safe girls were as bad as the worst. What was Dom thinking?? She really should have been in the bottom 3.

And Kate's outfit looked like a Peter Pan costume for a community theater production.

Alexandria? Yikes!! Is she blind?

Goodbye dear deluded Ken. We won't miss you.

by Anonymousreply 40709/19/2013

Well that was horseshit. The Deaf guy should have won. There was noting original about the winner, and she was very skinny and had bony shoulders. She should have never been put into a strapless dress. They were blinded by the haircut.

by Anonymousreply 40809/19/2013

Yay! Ken's reign of bad attitude and bad design is over!

by Anonymousreply 40909/19/2013

I'm glad Ken is gone...there is no way the other designers should have had to put up with him.

I thought that black dress would win ... but I like a couple of others too. The point is, the garments would be a lot better, if they would simply give them more time.

by Anonymousreply 41009/19/2013

Was Ken auf'd or did something else happen?

by Anonymousreply 41109/19/2013

Helen's model looked like Teefs after her makeover.

Justin's dress was clever.

Glad that nasty bitch Ken is gone. Kate was gleeful but then hid it. I don't think Tim hugged him. I'm sure he was sick of all the pissy drama. Did Ken even produce one memorable design?

by Anonymousreply 41209/19/2013

He was auf'd, but he easily could have been kicked off for his outrageous behavior earlier in the show. Alexander and Braden were told to move into the apartment with Ken and Justin, but Ken didn't want to share.

When they knocked on the door, Ken was standing in front of the door ironing his little jean shorts. He ignored the knocks. So Alexander opened the door. Ken ignored them. Alexander make a quip asking Ken to move because Alexander's suitcase was bigger than him. Ken ignore them.

They asked him to move again. Ken said he was almost done ironing. He finally moved, and a frustrated Alexander shoved the ironing board as he walked past, knocking the iron to the floor.

That set off Ken, who bellowed at a behind-the-scenes producer who was trying to get him to calm down.

The next day, Tim sat with the designers. He scolded Alexander and told Ken his reaction was too extreme and he has anger management issues. (Tim didn't address why Ken was so rude prior to the incident.)

Tim announced Ken would live in his own apartment while the other three male designers would have to room together.

Alexandra asked everyone to get over it because she wanted to make sure this was a positive experience for the clients.

by Anonymousreply 41309/19/2013

Alexander's reaction may have been inappropriate but I still blamed Ken more. What would it have taken to take one step out of the way so they could get into the room? He was just being a bitch. I'm so glad he's gone.

On a separate note, is it wrong that I want to fuck Braden senseless?

by Anonymousreply 41409/19/2013

Project Runway or extended commercial for L'Oréal?

by Anonymousreply 41509/20/2013

Ken throws a hissy fit whenever someone disrespects him, yet he seems oblivious to all the times he has disrespected others.

by Anonymousreply 41609/20/2013

I'm so tired of Malia winning. I can't look at that dirty whore.

by Anonymousreply 41709/20/2013

That was a piss poor L'Oréal commercial. Damn that haircolor looked amateurish. Just flat and cheap. The haircuts were all from Great Clips too.

by Anonymousreply 41809/20/2013

Ken didn't have the worst dress out there, but he had to go. He's such an idiot, nobody in the fashion industry will hire him, now that he's behaved like a banshee with PMS on national TV.

And notice that he didn't have the nerve to scream at Alexander, who'd shown he was perfectly willing to return his bad attitude, he went and screamed at some girl.

by Anonymousreply 41909/20/2013

LMAO at this tweet:

Ken Laurence ‏@_KenLaurence_ OMG, if u all really knew how much I wanted 2 go home! LOL I would hve never thrown the challenge w/ tht awful ugly dress if I wanted 2 stay

He admitted he threw the challenge? ASSHOLE

by Anonymousreply 42009/20/2013

THREW the challenge? Among the many reasons he'll never have a career is that he's unable to admit when he's wrong, or not good enough, or being an asshole.

It's always someone else's fault, in Ken Land.

by Anonymousreply 42109/20/2013

Did he throw the challenge or wasthat his exuse for being auf'd ?

If he thrw it that is terrible for the superfan who had to be paired with him.

by Anonymousreply 42209/20/2013

Before PR started, I texted a friend who was disgusted by the finale of Big Brother and suggested this might turn out better. "Quel hoot, my dear," to quote Brigid Berlin.

[quote]Project Runway or extended commercial for L'Oréal?

This show has always taken product placement too far but tonight's show was beyond the pale. I was reading, half watching at one point, and kept wondering when the commercial would end. Then I realized this was actually the program, complete with close-ups of boxes of L'Oréal home hair dyes.

L'Oréal does manufacture a wide line of professional haircoloring products. But it's no wonder the results looked so shitty, as was pointed out upthread, if the colorists were limited to things like the vulgar, garish Feria shades.

by Anonymousreply 42309/20/2013

Some commercial for hair products - all the hair makeover were disastrous. The short haircuts made the ladies look years older, and one poor girl got her hair dyed a hideous shade of maroon!

Still, Nerd Girl looked pretty fabulous in her blue red carpet gown, even with that dreadful frauish haircut.

by Anonymousreply 42409/20/2013

The minute they put Ken in his own apartment I knew he was history. No way are they going to reward that kind of behavior with a private apartment of your own for the duration of filming.

by Anonymousreply 42509/20/2013

Bradon's blond superfan looked younger and sexier with long hair.

by Anonymousreply 42609/20/2013

[quote]Ken didn't have the worst dress out there, but he had to go

You nailed it. This was exactly and simply what happened. He didn't get the most scathing critique for his dress but it was clear the judges were all informed of his behavior. This could have been the editing, but I noticed both Heidi and Tim were icy towards him after the auffing. No words of encouragement, no hug from Tim, just a simple [after noticing Ken seemed relieved to leave] "You're happy?! GOOD, cause I gotta send you to clean up your workspace..."

I was howling throughout all the judge's hair commentary! All kinds of variations of "your design sucked...but her hair looks flawless!"

by Anonymousreply 42709/20/2013

I'll take a 90 minute commercial for L'Oreal every week if they would just please please please stop playing that fucking Yoplait auto tuned frozen yogurt commercial every five minutes. I wanaa shoooot the maaaaan that maaaaaade that comercial.

by Anonymousreply 42809/20/2013

Ken was setting up his excuse from minute 1. I'm sure he will blame him ouster on the color choice of his fan, not his design.

by Anonymousreply 42909/20/2013

L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal.L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal. L'Oreal.

by Anonymousreply 43009/20/2013

I must say it was a little shocking to see how they make the designers live in those apartments....those 4 narrow beds lined up right next to each other.

There is no privacy for them whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 43109/20/2013

I can't wait until Season 13 when Tim Gunn once again tells us "This is the most talented group of designers we've EVER had on Project Runway. I've never been more excited about a season!"

by Anonymousreply 43209/20/2013

are they so cheap they needed to put four adult men in a single hotel room with the beds lined up like a hospital ward?

by Anonymousreply 43309/20/2013

Ken -seek professional help and why was he ironing denim cut off shorts?

by Anonymousreply 43409/20/2013

Though he likely won't win, I totally take back what I said earlier about the Tim Gunn Save. It turned out to be well spent on Justin as he is, quite frankly, a very talented designer. I sincerely hope he will have some kind of career in fashion after his stint on the show.

by Anonymousreply 43509/20/2013

[quote]And notice that he didn't have the nerve to scream at Alexander, who'd shown he was perfectly willing to return his bad attitude, he went and screamed at some girl.

Excellent point, R19, though to be fair, he was the only one willing to go psycho to psycho with Sandro earlier in the season.

And I agree, his tweeting that he "threw" the challenge in order to get booted off is just a lame attempt to cover up the fact he knew his ass was toast more I'd bet for yelling at that crew person than making that hideous dress.

And yet, despite all that, why do I suspect we will be seeing Ken again on some future installment of PR All Stars?

by Anonymousreply 43609/20/2013

A friend of mine suggested the only reason Ken wasn't booted right away for his violent blowup was that it would have meant the "super fan" would have had to go as well. So Tim patched thighs up until they could get Ken out.

by Anonymousreply 43709/20/2013

Well that was fun! I was surprised that Tim actually chastised Alexander for knocking over the ironing board and iron. He could have knocked over the little lawn jockey but he didn't. So good for him. It seems that it is only in the past few seasons that contestants either quit or got kicked off for behavior. Is that indicative of the dwindling talent pool or the mental health of the pool? This was also probably the worst showing of any runway in Runway history. There was not one outfit that stood out in a postitive way. The top three were ok but that's about it. I was totally surprised that Alexander was safe but in retrospect it was obvious from the fact that this is the first time that Tim hasn't hugged a leaving contestant that Ken/Madwoman of Alabama was aufed for reasons other than a shitty garment. Oy..

by Anonymousreply 43809/20/2013

I thought Ken's dress was bad and he didn't have time to finish it? The worst thing about it was the neckline. What was he going for?

by Anonymousreply 43909/20/2013

[quote]I'll take a 90 minute commercial for L'Oreal every week if they would just please please please stop playing that fucking Yoplait auto tuned frozen yogurt commercial

I'll take that commercial over a Project Runway challenge based on product-placed Yoplait.

by Anonymousreply 44009/20/2013

Has Helen won more challenges than any other contestant in PR history? She must have won at least 4 by now.

by Anonymousreply 44109/20/2013

I'm a little smitten with Justin. He seems like such a sweetie. I hope he makes it to the end.

by Anonymousreply 44209/21/2013

R419, Alexandria ran back to his old room and locked the door.

by Anonymousreply 44309/21/2013

I do not believe Ken threw the challenge but I do believe he wanted to leave. He truly seemed happy.

Ken should never have been selected for this show. By his own admission he did not have the appropriate training or experience and was intimidated by the other designers.

I believe more than ever his claim that he tried to leave and they talked him into staying.

by Anonymousreply 44409/21/2013

What ever will they do for drama for the next five episodes?

by Anonymousreply 44509/21/2013

Didn't Christoper (Palu) win a very high number of challenges his season?

by Anonymousreply 44609/21/2013

Helen won because she was the least objectionable.

Honestly that was a very poor showing on everyone's part.

Thank god Ken had a Diva Explosion or the whole show would be a waste.

by Anonymousreply 44709/21/2013

I don't understand why Tim had to scold Alexander. He had every right to be upset. Ken's reaction, however, was way "outta order."

by Anonymousreply 44809/21/2013

Frankly my first thought was that some PA told Alexander to go provoke.

by Anonymousreply 44909/21/2013

Ken was serving up Mommie Dearest cold cream realness during his meltdown. Or was it Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask? I don't know how those producers kept a straight face?

by Anonymousreply 45009/21/2013

Yeah, why *was* Ken ironing cutoff denim shorts?

Tim's send off of Ken is one of the iciest on record. "Glad you're ready to leave, GET OUT."

by Anonymousreply 45109/21/2013

It's surprising that you don't see this kind of drama on RuPaul's Drag Race. Usually drag queens bring the drama with them, but that show is mild compared to PR.

by Anonymousreply 45309/21/2013

I laughed when that one Superfan (Super Fan, Super-fan, Super-Fan?) said she wanted a dress that said "I'll cut a bitch."

The Mormon dress was boring (of course, it has to cover her magic underwear,) and he stole the dress/writing idea from Jeremy.

Ken deserved to leave for that dress alone.

Alexandria was ONCE AGAIN a tedious mess. WHY is she still around?

Alexander sent an amateurish train wreck down the runway. He should be ashamed also for his bitchy entrance. I don't care what Ken did - it takes two cats to have a cat fight.

The winner was also boring and unoriginal but at least it was finished and polished.

I do believe that they chose the women to fit every single hair product L'Oreal makes.

So be it, at least it's not the mysteriously irrelevant and vanishing car challenge from earlier in the season (does anyone remember when they had to make couture out of an ACTUAL car?)

Finally Ken's contribution to the show should have been to snatch that rug right off of Zac Posen's little head.

by Anonymousreply 45409/21/2013

[quote]I'll take that commercial over a Project Runway challenge based on product-placed Yoplait.

The worst challenge was to design an outfit inspired by a Lexus.

by Anonymousreply 45509/21/2013

[quote]Alexander sent an amateurish train wreck down the runway. He should be ashamed also for his bitchy entrance. I don't care what Ken did - it takes two cats to have a cat fight.

Who wouldn't be enraged after Ken's behavior?

if Ken wanted to leave it was only because he was consistently in the bottom. That can't be any fun.

by Anonymousreply 45609/21/2013

"Black people have to press everything or people will treat them like bums. Sad but true."

But pressing everything, being angry and confrontational, is a career killer in the modern world. As I've said before, Ken's temper is going to keep him out of the world he aspires to, no fashion company is going to hire someone who is known to have an explosive temper or an inability to work with others.

Okay, maybe a top designer can get away with that kind of drama, but Ken isn't a top designer. He's someone who can only hope for an entry-level designing job, where he'd have to put up with things he doesn't like.

by Anonymousreply 45709/21/2013

I am glad LaKen finally left! He was a mean bitter queen! I think he needs to get laid asap!

by Anonymousreply 45809/21/2013

R441 Not counting final wins, she's tied in second with Kara Saun and Christopher (4 wins). Daniel V won 5. None of those three won their seasons but Helen will change that

by Anonymousreply 45909/21/2013

R459, I'd be surprised if Helen won. She did have certain nice geometric quality in her designs but some of the clothes didn't fit the models well at all. Or that's what it looked like from the catwalk photos, video will probably say more. Of course the ill-fitting look could've been intentional, but it just made the clothes look like they were worn by too big models.

by Anonymousreply 46009/21/2013

[quote]Who wouldn't be enraged after Ken's behavior?

Being enraged by Ken's behavior is no excuse for being a cunty bitch as well.

Alexander is responsible for his own damn self.

by Anonymousreply 46109/21/2013

I don't, R444. Did you read his superfan's blog? She, in a very tactful way, pointed out numerous lies he told during the course of the episode, starting with his insistence that she picked out the color. She claims otherwise.

If he lied that much around her, I doubt much of what he has to say.

by Anonymousreply 46209/21/2013

WW for R450.

by Anonymousreply 46309/21/2013

Well the editing showed that she did like the fabric/color, R462.

by Anonymousreply 46409/21/2013

Reality TV rule Number 1: Never believe the editing.

by Anonymousreply 46509/21/2013

Helen's fingernails are divine!

by Anonymousreply 46609/21/2013

Going along with the flow doesn't mean she insisted on it, R464. She claims it was all Ken.

by Anonymousreply 46709/21/2013

Does anyone know when/how they do the interviews on the show? Are they done retrospectively? Or every day? Or what?

by Anonymousreply 46809/21/2013

Whatever...but the color of Ken's dress was the ONLY thing it had going for it.

by Anonymousreply 46909/21/2013

This must have been the only "designing for real women challenge" in PR history in which none of the women had a meltdown over the outfit they were asked to wear.

Every one seemed content if not downright enthusiastic about their designer's outfit. Even Ken's lady.

That never happens.

by Anonymousreply 47009/21/2013

Prob everyday. The more the better for them no?

I hear they get like 6 hours of sleeps so maybe.

6 hours= Sleep 3 hours= personal/eat 12 hours designing/filming 3 hours= interviews/etc.

is my guess...

by Anonymousreply 47109/21/2013

Being enraged by Ken's behavior is no excuse for being a cunty bitch as well.

Alexander is responsible for his own damn self.

If Ken had just let them through the door to begin with, Alexander wouldn't have reacted that way. I don't blame him for that either. Ken was being a bitch as usual. I mean, yes he was busy ironing but he could've stopped long enough to let them pass, that would've been the courteous thing to do. I am SO glad Ken is finally gone. He grated on my last nerve!

by Anonymousreply 47209/21/2013

Ken got on my nerves too, but I also know that I'm a responsible adult whose behavior is not controlled by cunty bitches.

by Anonymousreply 47309/21/2013

r473, hypocrite!

If i was up in your face snapping my fingers at you, at one point, you'd snap at me! Unless you're a sociopath.

You know damn well that producers are the ones who schedule move in times, not actual contestants. Ken KNEW what was occurring and chose to act in a destructive way. Alexander acted immature but he was justified.

Despite what pussy ass bitches like you think, many times you gotta fight fire with fire.

by Anonymousreply 47409/22/2013

How do we know Ken knew that Alexander and Bradon would be moving in?

Not to defend Ken, but it may have been a surprise by the producers specifically to enrage him. I can well imagine the show playing with the designers like that.

by Anonymousreply 47509/22/2013

Yeah, r474 pretty much displaying you are Ken.

by Anonymousreply 47609/22/2013

Ken's behavior would have been much worse if he and his roomate were the ones made to pack up and move at 11pm.

He would have been off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 47709/22/2013

R475, Ken certainly didn't seem surprised by the arrival. It was almost as though he decided to iron his wee little denim shorts right at that moment for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 47809/22/2013

Exactly, r478. That and the fact that there was a cameraman in his room.

by Anonymousreply 47909/22/2013

People need to quit making excuses for Ken. He's a hotheaded asshole.

by Anonymousreply 48009/22/2013

Ken's holier then thou attitude thru the entire season was a bore. He was an uber cunt from day one...good riddence

by Anonymousreply 48109/22/2013

Ken was a twat for sure.

But look at all the attention he's getting on DL.

He's getting more attention than anyone's ever gotten, on all the blogs.

This just means that PR will pick more Kens, and less talented designers, in the future.

by Anonymousreply 48209/22/2013

Fewer, R482, not less.

by Anonymousreply 48309/22/2013

Well i'm so glad that silly queen who posted here that Ken was going to be going to Fashion Week was wrong!

The way Alexander reacted was not uncalled for in my opinion. He was reacting to Ken being a stupid little bitch! God I would have done the same thing. Gurl needs anger management asap.

I feel like this season has 2 really great designers (Brandon and Helen) and then everyone else is just meh.

by Anonymousreply 48409/22/2013

What Alexander was doing was escalating - which is the first thing they tell you NOT to do in Anger Management.

by Anonymousreply 48509/22/2013

Escalating? Ken started it. What was Alexander supposed to do? Let Ken treat him like a second-class citizen?

by Anonymousreply 48609/22/2013

Perhaps act like an adult.

by Anonymousreply 48709/22/2013

Yeah, "...But he started it.." is a second grade defense.

by Anonymousreply 48809/22/2013

I think Alexander was simply fed up and tired of everyone having to simply accept Ken and his tantrums. His rudeness was always unjustified.

by Anonymousreply 48909/22/2013

To read Ken's Super Fan's behind-the-scenes blog entry, google "Just Crafty Enough".

by Anonymousreply 49009/22/2013

Just how soon will PR be formally apologizing to ken for the production staff's "inappropriate handling" of the other contestants' "verbal assaults" on him, etc?

by Anonymousreply 49109/22/2013

I felt sorry for Justin. Can you imagine being placed with a superfan who tells you that she needs an undergarment for all her excess skin AND she's a Mormom?

Talk about a made-for-Lifetime nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 49209/22/2013

Okay, now that his design career is in the toilet, what will Ken do now? TSA screener? Postal worker? Republican congressman?

by Anonymousreply 49309/22/2013

Do *any* PR alumni find work in the garment industry though?

Most of them seem to go back to their hometowns and have a small independent design business. I never hear about anyone becoming part of a design team on 7th Ave.

I think most of them just want publicity for their own business and the prizes are generous for an independent designer.

None of them are saying, wow this is my chance to work for Calvin Klein.

by Anonymousreply 49409/22/2013

I still see some of them around NYC - that tall blonde girl from a few seasons ago, Althea?, and Dimitry.

by Anonymousreply 49509/22/2013

[quote]Do *any* PR alumni find work in the garment industry though?

According to Christian Siriano's web site, he still designs for Payless Shoes. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 49609/22/2013

Christian Siriano is perhaps the most successful PR alumnus.

by Anonymousreply 49709/22/2013

Here's the blog post 490 mentioned. Ken's "super fan" is not a bad writer, actually, and her take on Ken and his losing dress seems fair and credible.

by Anonymousreply 49809/22/2013

What motive would she have to lie?

by Anonymousreply 49909/22/2013

I went to Mood with two friends a few years ago and we saw three former contestants shopping. Another was working there. But no Tim Gunn :(

by Anonymousreply 50009/22/2013

Is he barefoot in Mood?

by Anonymousreply 50109/22/2013

[quote]Another was working there

who r500??????

by Anonymousreply 50209/22/2013

[quote]I was glad we were not in the beige and nude pallet.

OH MY! Superfan needs an editor.

by Anonymousreply 50309/22/2013

[quote]What motive would she have to lie?

I don't think she lied, but had she really loved/pushed Ken to choose that particular fabric and design (as he claimed she did), she might have wanted to lie to save face when the judges ripped the dress apart.

by Anonymousreply 50409/22/2013

Re: the PR contestants still working, Chris March now has a line of foam wigs at Target for Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 50509/22/2013

The former PR contestant who works at Mood is the short craaaazy Japanese guy from last season with the Afro hairdo. Sorry, don't remember his name.

He didn't last very long on the show but you'd recognize him if you saw him.

I've seen many other former contestants there over the years. Mood is probably the largest fabric store in NYC and actually one of the relatively cheaper ones.

Poor Swatch never gets a moment of peace with all the idiotic tourists and fangurls who stop by to have a look and take his photo.

by Anonymousreply 50609/22/2013

Did you actually see Swatch? I want to go and take a picture with him!

by Anonymousreply 50709/22/2013

Is it still the original Swatch from when the show started? He must be ancient in dog years.

by Anonymousreply 50809/22/2013

Re: Ken's beauty pack

"You sho' is UGLYYYYY!! Hahaaaaa!!!"

by Anonymousreply 50909/22/2013

Gabourney Sidibe is going to be a judge on PR All Stars? Really? Have we already discussed this mess? Alyssa Milano is the host.

[quote]In addition, television icon Marge Simpson will make a special guest appearance on Project Runway All Stars this season.

by Anonymousreply 51009/22/2013

thanks r506.

by Anonymousreply 51109/23/2013

I hope they'll be designing something for Gabourey. I expect some Fukushima-level meltdowns if that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 51209/23/2013

Miss Piggy was one of their better guest judges, but Marge Simpson?

That bitch has been wearing the same green dress and red necklace since the nineties!

by Anonymousreply 51309/23/2013

Actually, R513, since the late 80s.

by Anonymousreply 51409/23/2013

It was mentioned on TLo's blog that Ken at one point said he'd been homeless five times. I'm sure Lifetime believed they could craft some rags to riches fantasy out of that, instead of evaluating how that situation might be indicative of mental and not just financial instability.

by Anonymousreply 51509/23/2013

Michael Costello is pretty successful in LA as well. I thought he should have won all stars over Mondo personally.

by Anonymousreply 51609/23/2013

Christian Siriano is probably the most successful PR person. Christina Hendricks always wears his gowns to awards shows amongst other people.

by Anonymousreply 51709/24/2013

I mean Christina Hendricks (as well as others)* lol

by Anonymousreply 51809/24/2013

Austin Scarlett got a job in the fashion biz, and now has his own line, carried by Neiman Marcus and others, apparently. He is still only thirty years old.

Astounding character. I first saw him in Rizzoli's bookstore, a year or so before Project Runway was on the air. I was transfixed, as if by a fragrant train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 51909/24/2013

Did Austin get work done to get his cheekbones lookin like that? They're amazing.

by Anonymousreply 52009/24/2013

Christian Siriano is definitely the most successful alum but a decent number of project runway designers are fairly successful as has been noted in this thread, they do have some real talent that passes through.

by Anonymousreply 52109/24/2013

Rami seems to do well for himself. He designed for Madonna's dancers at the Super Bowl last year, and did a bridal line for Bebe. Queen Rania of Jordan was one of his clients.

by Anonymousreply 52209/24/2013

I wonder if Nina and Michael still laugh about picking Gretchen "grandma panties" Jones as the winner over Mondo.

by Anonymousreply 52309/24/2013

Why does Heidi pronounce L'Oreal "Lohrrull"?

by Anonymousreply 52409/24/2013

Because she's German.

by Anonymousreply 52509/24/2013

I'll never ever understand why they picked Gretchen...could someone explain that to me?

What was I missing?

by Anonymousreply 52609/24/2013

From what I recall, the judges were split between Mondo & Gretchen, so maybe they went with her because he was not only a gay man, but a gay man with HIV, and they thought she would go over better with the Lifetime/Marie Claire crowd. Of course it blew up in their faces because Gretchen was so hated we never heard from her again, and they gave Mondo his well-deserved win on the All-Stars season.

by Anonymousreply 52709/24/2013

Now that Ken is gone, it might be time to think of an All-Star edition with the biggest assholes. Joining Ken would be: Gretchen, Vincent( who got turned on by everything), Irina,Kenley,Keith ( of pattern book fame)...who else?

by Anonymousreply 52809/24/2013

I think Chris March has done costumes for Lady Gaga. Wasn't he already a Tony nominated designer going onto the show?

by Anonymousreply 52909/25/2013

Gretchen's clothes looked so ready to wear they looked right off the rack.

I'm still shocked by her win.

by Anonymousreply 53009/25/2013

Her clothes were really, really ugly. The colors, the fabrics, the designs....ALL UGLY!

by Anonymousreply 53109/25/2013

Biggest assholes would have to include Ven and Joshua. Also the ugly little douche that won S3(?) - he made someone's mom cry, I'm blanking on his name right now.

by Anonymousreply 53209/25/2013

Jeffrey Sebella won Season 3 and made Angela's mother cry.

by Anonymousreply 53309/25/2013

I would love to see a Joshua & Ken in a very special bitchy queen episode.

by Anonymousreply 53409/25/2013

The whole Ken Thing has left a sour taste in my mouth. In the past, I've said that PR is better than many reality TV shows, because it shows people using amazing skills, while other shows (like "Hoarders" and "Real Housewives") exploit the mentally ill for ratings.

But what is Ken, if not an unstable person being exploited for ratings? He has no training and little talent, I'm pretty sure they not only kept him on for the drama, but deliberately provoked him. Well, I'm sure he was ratings gold.

by Anonymousreply 53509/25/2013

Gretchen Jones has clothing lines and shows at Fashion Week and is actually doing quite well. I personally thought Mondo should have won and was glad he won later on.

Having been involved in contests, nothing will turn a judge off faster than a contestant not listening to you. It was suggested that Mondo edit his fashions and models a little better, and he didn't do it. As soon as I heard one of the judges mention it, I knew he would lose.

I've been disappointed that we haven't seen too much from Mondo yet. I love his looks.

by Anonymousreply 53609/25/2013

Gretchen was annoying, but her fashion show was on trend at the time. I'm surprised she's been so successful, but she's creating a product people want and is a hard worker.

Mondo seems to have been undone by his ego. I hate to say it.

by Anonymousreply 53709/25/2013

[quote]Gretchen Jones has clothing lines and shows at Fashion Week and is actually doing quite well.

Neither of those are evidence of her "doing quite well." She hasn't had a clothing collection (let alone a "line) in a year and mostly just sells jewelry off her web site now.

by Anonymousreply 53809/25/2013

Korto has done well. I think she is in Macy's

by Anonymousreply 54009/25/2013

[quote]It was mentioned on TLo's blog that Ken at one point said he'd been homeless five times.

Translation: He's lasted about a week living with five different men until each has said, "Bitch, you cray. Pack up and get out."

by Anonymousreply 54109/25/2013

Emilio Sosa designed costumes for the "Porgy and Bess" revival on Broadway and got a Tony nomination for it. He bills himself as Esosa.

by Anonymousreply 54209/25/2013

Someone needs to tell Tim that the only way to "use the Belk Accessory Wall thoughtfully" is with a match.

by Anonymousreply 54309/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 54409/25/2013

It's tonight! Who goes home? I say either Alexandria or Justin.

by Anonymousreply 54509/26/2013

I bought Christian Siriano's the Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 54609/26/2013

Marion, were all the stickers still in it?

by Anonymousreply 54709/26/2013

Gretchen was a bitch and her clothes looked like something out of a Sears catalogue, circa 1975.

by Anonymousreply 54809/26/2013

[quote]Why does Heidi pronounce L'Oreal "Lohrrull"?

I've often wondered why no one has pointed out to her that she's mangling the sponsor's name.

by Anonymousreply 54909/26/2013

Actually I've changed my mind, I think Alexander might go home tonight.

by Anonymousreply 55009/26/2013

Heidi also says hunnert for hundred as in a hunnert dollars. Just listen tonight.

My bf and I always get a chuckle on that.

by Anonymousreply 55109/26/2013

The things I would do to Bradon's ass ...

by Anonymousreply 55209/26/2013

I'm sorry but what Alexandria made was fucking hideous. How the hell was she put through to safe with that mess?

by Anonymousreply 55309/26/2013

I agree about Alexandria. Also her print was so wimpy.

But Kate's is the worst.

Nevertheless, I bet Alexander goes home.

by Anonymousreply 55409/26/2013

Alexandria's look was early Bananarama.

by Anonymousreply 55509/26/2013

Pathetic. Alexandria's outfit was horrible.Whoever goes home was robbed.

by Anonymousreply 55609/26/2013

The designers need to tell Helen to design her own stuff.

by Anonymousreply 55709/26/2013

Dom's and Bradon's dresses are both showstoppers. I'd never be able to decide between them.

by Anonymousreply 55809/26/2013

I feel bad for Kate. Even though she wasn't seen as a great designer, she always kept her integrity on the show and was never bitchy or mean-spirited. She was classy and generous as a competitor which is very rare on PR.

I'll miss her!

by Anonymousreply 55909/26/2013

Once again, as has been noted all season, there really are only three designers with talent--Bradon, Dom, and Afterschool Special, although I didn't quite see why the judges liked her bare midriff dress so much, except that bare midriffs are in now. It was dull. The other two dresses were great. Justin hasn't done great work but if you look at his final collection, it's really excellent. If he can make it to the final three, he might win.

Seeing Kate go was a bit of a surprise, given all the air time the producers have given her. But Alexandria's dress was by far the worst (well, maybe Kate's was); it looked as if she threw a bunch of scraps on her model and pasted them together. I was all eager to hear NIna Garcia Chinless Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine go ballistic on her. Actually NIna Garcia Chinless Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine was quite tame this episode. I suspect Tim has been putting Xanax into her pre-judging white wine.

by Anonymousreply 56009/26/2013

I feel bad for Kate, too, and hated to see her get the boot. Yes, the dress was a disaster, but she'd done enough good work up to this point that I thought she'd get a pass, at least for one more week. Oh, well, good luck to her.

And how the hell Alexandria has managed to get this far is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 56109/26/2013

That other (blonde) woman, is the one with the least talent, why is she remaining?

I thought both of the designers who were let go tonight, are better then she is. I guess they have a reason for keeping a no talent on the show but I'm not sure why.

by Anonymousreply 56209/26/2013

It seems to me, R560, that Nina Garcia Chinless Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine has been trying to soften her former Meana Garcia Chinless Creative Director for Marie Claire Magazine image.

by Anonymousreply 56309/26/2013

I guess I'm just not fashion forward. Okay, I can accept that. But how in the hell did Alexandria get a pass for that garbage she tried to pass off as fashion? It made the model look pregnant. I'm not exactly sure what Project Runway's agenda is when I see something like that slide through.

I am thrilled for Dom - I have liked her from the beginning. Kate has been doing so well, it seems a shame to dump her on the basis of that one dress. Granted, it was hideous, but it's not like every week she's terrible.

by Anonymousreply 56409/26/2013

I think Bradon should've won. I actually didn't like Dom's. The colors were too bright and the print was ugly. It reminded me of something a 5 year old would wear. I do like Dom though. I usually like what she makes. Bradon's print on the other hand was awesome. Loved that blue mixed with the black.

Alexander's was also horrible. How in the hell do you look at that and think cake? WTF? Just ugly.

I liked Helen's but thought it was too simple.

I don't even know how Alexandria is still here. She should've been gone a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 56509/26/2013

[R538]I don't love Gretchen but she had a collection at Fashion week for 2013 and a line this year for 2014. I love Mondo but all I've seen from him is T-shirts. He's capable of such spectacular fashion. I wish he'd get going.

by Anonymousreply 56609/26/2013

How in the hell has Alexandria remained? She doesnt even have a personality. Of any kind. And what the fuck is that accent? It sounds like she's speaking Johnny Deppanese.

by Anonymousreply 56709/27/2013

I'm sure like many of you, I was stunned when Heidi told Alexandria that she was safe. Her model looked like she had been in a cat fight... with real cats. But then, Kate's model walked out on the runway, and I knew she was a goner. What in the world was she thinking? It's a print challenge -- showcase the print, don't hide it in pleats!

by Anonymousreply 56809/27/2013

R368, Ozwald Boateng is a successful Black fashion designer.

by Anonymousreply 56909/27/2013

I couldn't agree with the posters on here who are baffled by Alexandria getting a pass to move on to the next challenge more. She makes thee worst clothes I have ever seen. Kate's designs have been really well done, and I think it is awful they sent her home over one bad dress. She was really devastated by this ,and I think because she had two chances already on Project Runway, so obviously there is no third change. They sent home that British guy who I think made fantastic clothes, aside from that, he seems like a nice guy too. So many good designers are getting screwed! I'm so glad Ken demon from hell is long gone. It was amazing to me when Tim sent Ken to get his tools from the work room that Tim didn't even reached out to hug him. Also, Ken giving Heidi and the rest of the judges like bring it on bastards! Ken was too much! Tim looked like he really did not like Ken. Sorry I'm commenting on some old news ,but I'm trying to catch up on DL.

My Gosh! it seems like women today want to look like hookers or like they got caught in a tornado and made it out alive.

by Anonymousreply 57009/27/2013

If Kors had been a judge, Alexandria would have been gone.

by Anonymousreply 57109/27/2013

Dom's dress looked far better in motion than it did standing still. Talk about a dress wearing a woman!

by Anonymousreply 57209/27/2013

Alexandrias outfit was hideous--she was just lucky that Kate had the rare atrocity this week even that sai, d she should have been in the bottom before Justin (or even Alexander-aka the guy from the Lollipop Guild)

also-Helens print was horrible and what was that outfit--where would someone wear something like that

by Anonymousreply 57309/27/2013

Did you all notice how suddenly all the judges seemed to be harshly ganging up on Justin? I think he will be out next week.

His dress wasn't great but was inoffensive compared to Alexandria.

by Anonymousreply 57409/27/2013

also-Helens print was horrible and what was that outfit--where would someone wear something like that

A 4th of July celebration? lol

by Anonymousreply 57509/27/2013

Agree with most here:

Helen's print - lame

Alexandria - WTF

Kate - deserved to be eliminated because it was the worst in show (and frankly we're too far in the game to give previous-performance passes. If your outfit sucks, you're out).

EXCEPT, I think Alexander should have been allowed to stay. His dress was well made and was only the third worst of the bunch (after Alexandria and Kate). I don't know, maybe they needed to level off their redhead designer surplus.

by Anonymousreply 57609/27/2013

Did anyone else catch Hot L'Oréal Guy making a pass at Bradon?

Imagine all that facial hair sucking face ... hmmm

by Anonymousreply 57709/27/2013

It really does make me wonder why they allow at least one talentless person stay on the show (Alexandria). It seems they do that every season.

Another strange thing is you would think she could see that she's just not up to par with the others but she must be living in some kind of dream world...

by Anonymousreply 57809/27/2013

According to the previews, it looks like next week is a knockout runway.

by Anonymousreply 57909/27/2013

Where is Alexandria's accent from?

by Anonymousreply 58009/27/2013

Say what you will about Little Elf Posen, his Spring 2014 shoe collection is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 58109/27/2013

The elves at Keebler could take some pointers from him.

by Anonymousreply 58209/27/2013

R580, Alexandria was born in California, but grew up in Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 58309/27/2013

Bradon had the only decent print. The rest looked like they belonged in the half-off bin at JoAnn Fabrics.

Alexander had a stank attitude this week. I think he was pissed off at how Tim called him out for responding to Ken's behavior. I can't say I blame him. Tim and the producers are going out of their way this season to appear politically correct, in regards to Ken and Justin.

by Anonymousreply 58409/27/2013

I love dear Kate and will miss her but her only memorable design this season was the red sombrero dress she co-designed with Helen. And she VERY generously allowed previous underdog Helen to take the top prize with it. Kate might regret that!

IIRC her earlier modest successes were all faux-McQueens.

This week's design sadly made her look like she hadn't a clue about proportion, fabric, fit, color, print design, etc.

by Anonymousreply 58509/27/2013

How the hell was Alexandria safe? That was shitageous. I mean Kate's was horrendous but come on.

by Anonymousreply 58609/27/2013

I'm glad that Kate got auf'd. I disliked her in her first PR season and loathed her in this one.

That frock was appalling and the phony bitch got exactly what she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 58709/27/2013

I don't understand how a woman would wear Alexandria's stuff. It looks like you need a manual to know how to put it on. If any of her stuff falls off the rack to the floor you would think it was left over fabric scraps.

Alexander's comment about his last name was asinine. I guess if his last name was WASP we'd see ...?

I'm glad I won't ever have to look at the monkey face designer again. I looked away every time they showed his 1 inch under bite.

Kate surely got the WORST inspiration person for her challenge. Some dull app programmer. But she didn't have enough creative brain power to come up with anything.

Mr. Posen has one flat tone to his voice. He simply cannot modulate volume or color, can he?

by Anonymousreply 58809/27/2013

[quote]Mr. Posen has one flat tone to his voice. He simply cannot modulate volume or color, can he?

His jokes all fall flat but he still tries.

by Anonymousreply 58909/27/2013

R580, I believe Alexandria Von Bromssen's parents are Swedish and this may have something to do with her accent. She lives in San Mateo now but I think she was born in Sweden. She was a model before going into design.

by Anonymousreply 59009/27/2013

I have come to the conclusion that either Alexandria is fucking someone, or she has pics of Zac's pointy head without the rug.

There can be no other explanations. Is she even TRYING?

Hated Dom's look, that was the dress that was wearing the model; and frankly we've all seen that ethnic fusion thing before - and done better.

Deaf guy - LOOK AT MY DEAF GUY PRINT!!! Pay no attention to the fact that I'm regurgitating the writing-on-dress motif I stole from Jeremy. Oh and yeah this is the same dress you kicked me out with last time.

I loved Braden's - but I don't find him hot, and yes I did catch the L'Oreal guy perving on him. HIT IT BRADEN! Great Job HOT dress HOT BMX Guy!

Kate got robbed, even though she eye raped the nation. You can't un-see something like that.

Helen has been blah since the blah cape. Emo was over in 1995, LET IT GO! She also just phoned that print in with the standard shapes palette of her software, it had zero relationship to "fine art."

Alexander got robbed also. Yes the dress was not spectacular, but considering, it was different (different bad) but at least he tried.

by Anonymousreply 59109/27/2013

[quote]Say what you will about Little Elf Posen, his Spring 2014 shoe collection is lovely.

Meh. Some of those are cute, most are not, but I do find it funny that a couple actually do look like elf shoes.

by Anonymousreply 59209/27/2013

Helen sent a twitter death threat to Tom & Lorenzo last night. She comes across as a total whackjob on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 59309/27/2013

Alexandria's got a nice modern touch to her designs. I don't remember hearing judges complain about her sewing and construction technique so I assume that she also makes the clothes pretty well. Her clothes do many times lack certain personality, but then again very rarely do PR designers have some kind of original look on the stuff they make.

Kate had the worst dress this week, and I understand why she's gone. Alexander's dress was nice in many ways, but it was still a bit of a mess. He should've stayed away from the strong white lines because they overpowered the dress pretty badly. And why the stupid cake references from the judges?

Bradon's look was pretty nice but I was a bit surprised judges didn't bitch about him using the tube-knit for the dress, because to my understanding he just practically cut some holes in it. Of course he did the finishings well, but still. It did look great, though. Dom's dress was way more original, and I liked its shape, and I'm glad she won. I liked how Helen ended up using her print in the dress, but the dress in itself was pretty bland.

R591, you can't really expect anyone to think that Justin somehow ripped Jeremy off with his dress this week? Yes last week he did have a signature on the dress, but having words written on a piece of clothing is not exactly a thing Jeremy invented. Justin's piece wasn't that great, but I liked the corsette part and the fabric was pretty nice. He could've gone home instead of Alexander easily, but oh well.

by Anonymousreply 59409/27/2013

i could not honestly understand Kate's dress and as it came down the runway she was so happy about it. I mean to get that far and put those fans on the side of a skirt? Clearly you are self sabotaging.

Dom's dress was very Mondo. Bradon's well he put together a tube dress and threw a bomber jacket over it made of his print.

I liked the deaf guy's corset but she should have just pared it with some black leggiings and boots.

Alexandrea is shitageous. She should have been gone long ago.

by Anonymousreply 59509/27/2013

When Kors comes back it really points out what a big nothing Zac Posen is.

Does ZP wear a toupee? If so, he needs a better one.

by Anonymousreply 59609/27/2013

Alexandria's "modeling" shots. Looks like an ad for Barbizon School of Modeling!

She's much prettier now, IMO - although I still don't like her designs.

by Anonymousreply 59709/27/2013

Can you guess the designers from this season?

They might as well be dialing the phone with a pencil!

I love the little toe point from bottom right!

by Anonymousreply 59809/27/2013

[quote]Imagine all that facial hair sucking face ... hmmm

Hmmmm indeed. I noticed that, and believe me, I was thinking the same thing you were R577!

by Anonymousreply 59909/27/2013

I declare this thread officially closed.

by Anonymousreply 60009/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!