Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

AT&T pitchman Beck Bennett in talks to join SNL cast

This seems a rather good idea.

by Anonymousreply 1008/24/2013

I think this upcoming season is going to be a rough one for SNL and for those of us that consider ourselves fans.

They lost too many significant players at once during this hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 108/24/2013

What they fucking need to make the show more watchable is more non-white cast members. It's 2013 and plenty of news makers aren't white. How pathetic is it there are no non-white women on the show? There's no reason why they can't have more Black, Asian, mixed Latino cast members.

by Anonymousreply 208/24/2013

As well as an openly gay man.

by Anonymousreply 308/24/2013

Hey we hired that dyke McKinnon. Lay off, queers!

by Anonymousreply 408/24/2013

If you go back to previous casts, it seemed like they were heading towards more and more diversity. Suddenly starting in the 2000s they seemed to get more and more white and it's ridiculous. The last 10 years the show has really started to just flat out suck and be boring. Add to it the boring mostly white hosts (including the overkill repetition of guys like Timberfake and Baldwin) and the show is hard to watch anymore.

by Anonymousreply 508/24/2013

Well, he did a short film which I can't find right now where he kisses a guy and runs down the street in flopping tightie whities so the gays will approve.

by Anonymousreply 608/24/2013

If Lorne can't find a place for Debra Fucking Goddess Wilson, he isn't going to go hiring minority players any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 708/24/2013

I want to see Beck and Taran Killam play a gay couple - maybe in a variation of that "kissing" family sketch Fred Armisen used to do...

by Anonymousreply 808/24/2013

[quote]Hey we hired that dyke McKinnon. Lay off, queers!

Someone said on a Deadline message board about SNL yesterday that there are currently TWO openly-gay cast members but didn't specify who the other one is. Who's the other one?

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2013

Great news. I love him in those commercials and those funny, risqué YouTube videos.

by Anonymousreply 1008/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.