Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

And the "Dumbest Frau of the Century" Award goes to... co-worker Denise. She left early yesterday ostensibly to pick up her vomiting kid from camp, and then emailed us all later in the day that she'd be working at home today because the brat has a stomach bug and wouldn't be able to go to camp. I found out a little while ago that she was instagramming pics of the sunrise from her hotel balcony in Atlantic City this morning. I hope and pray this all gets back to our supervisor. I knew she had major entitlement issues, but I didn't realize she could be this stupid. The dumb frau deserves whatever she has coming to her.

by Anonymousreply 5608/26/2013

Some people are clueless

You should create a throw-away email account and to her boss

by Anonymousreply 108/23/2013

Frau Bueller's day off?

by Anonymousreply 208/23/2013

My account was hacked!!!

by Anonymousreply 308/23/2013

Are you able to post anything on someone's Instagram? Something like, "Wow, that's a great summer camp your kid attends!"

by Anonymousreply 408/23/2013

She might be there WITH your supervisor!

by Anonymousreply 508/23/2013

Who the hell would take a picture of the sunrise in Atlantic City? It's like taking a picture of the sunrise in Coney Island.

by Anonymousreply 608/23/2013

OP, that happened to me. We had this dumb girl that I hated take off, she's one of those bitches who lies all the time and brings her problems to work for all of us to hear. Well, this one day she had "food poisoning." The stupid bitch tagged herself on FB later that afternoon at the regional rail station coming into the city, then tagged herself with a guy she was seeing at a restaurant that was, get this, two blocks from work.

She was an apprentice, which is basically a paid intern. Expectations weren't high for her, but her stupidity all year brought our department down and my boss didn't do a thing.

When I had it and finally told my boss that this "learning experience" wasn't working for her and we passed up more qualified people for the job, he said "she is learning something, she's learning she hates this job."

OP, go in for the KILL.

by Anonymousreply 908/23/2013

She is Atlantic City...hasn't she suffered enough!?

by Anonymousreply 1008/23/2013

Well, she is monitoring email. I sent out a meeting request for next Tuesday that included her, and she accepted within a couple of minutes. I'm sure one of her friends in the office alerted her that we know about the instagram pics. Her quick acceptance was probably an attempt at damage control.

by Anonymousreply 1208/23/2013

Fraus w/kids can do no wrong. It's the new law of business. NOTHING will happen to her because she is a mom.

by Anonymousreply 1308/23/2013

I had a boss who made a similar post on her FB account. She had stupidly friended many people in the office so EVERYONE knew. She got a warning and it took a while, but they finally fired her after she did something else about a year later.

Hang in there, OP. She'll be out of there before you know it.

by Anonymousreply 1408/23/2013

Unless this women reports to you - leave it alone.

You know what bothers me more when someone on my staff calls in sick when they aren't. The people who spend their time figuring out a co-worker is really sick at all.

Do your job and forget about it.

by Anonymousreply 1508/23/2013

What R1, R7 and R8 said.

by Anonymousreply 1708/23/2013

R11, perhaps this is a troll post but the notion that the Frauen are smarter than this shows you haven't worked with them much.

I once had some coworkers over for a retirement lunch. I used silver flatware and nice china because the gal was a dear. When I cleared the table I noticed a fork missing, and glanced down and saw it was in one of their purses. I reached down and said, "There it is!" and served dessert. This particular cunt had taken four weeks off in the previous year for grandmother deaths, because one automatically could claim a week for "immediate family."

by Anonymousreply 1808/23/2013

[quote]I hope and pray all this gets back to our supervisor.

by Anonymousreply 1908/23/2013

OP is just mad that he didn't think of it first.

Mind your own business, bitch.

You must have been the kid in class who told the teacher that they didn't assign homework for the weekend on a Friday afternoon ten mintues before the bell rang.

by Anonymousreply 2008/23/2013

I saw this happen twice where I use to work. One lady called in sick then, later that afternoon, stopped into the office with her toddler kid because she just happened to be in the neighborhood and wanted everyone to meet her brat. It wasn't long before they found a reason to let her go. The entire office was astounded at her idiocy. The second was a long term temp who called in sick then stopped by later that day to show her cube-mate the beginnings of her new tattoo. And she, too, was let go.

by Anonymousreply 2108/23/2013

A girl I worked with called in to say her dad died and she had to go cross country for the funeral. She was gone at least a week. A few months later her dad called to talk to her. She was fired within the hour.

by Anonymousreply 2208/23/2013

It's not just women. A male co-worker has in the past month called in sick because: 1) his girlfriend was having seizures; 2) his mother went in for emergency heart surgery; and 3) he was in the emergeny room for something wrong with his arm (never found out what).

by Anonymousreply 2308/23/2013

Print out the picture and mail it anonymously to your boss with a note explaining what a lowlife this cunt is.

by Anonymousreply 2408/23/2013

OP did you send the Instagram link to Denise's manager?

by Anonymousreply 2508/23/2013

I swear a few of the fraus I work with have children who must be plague victims because they're "sick" so often. So many of these little darlings get "sick" right after lunch, so the fraus bolt for the door at 2:00pm. And then the next day, of course, the little darlings are "too sick" for mommy to leave them to come to work.

Once in a while is understandable, but this shit happens constantly.

by Anonymousreply 2608/23/2013

I am always astounded by the stupidity of people who fake being sick and then post on Facebook or other social media sites THAT SAME DAY. They fucking deserve to be fired for being that dumb.

by Anonymousreply 2708/23/2013

I only care if coworkers fuck around like this IF it affects my workload. Otherwise, I don't give a fuck. I mean, it's stupid and not to be encouraged, but, again, if there's no direct impact on my job, It just doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 2808/23/2013

r28, this does impact other workers. Something like this causes supervisors to become suspicious when other employees leave early or take off for legitimate reasons.

by Anonymousreply 2908/23/2013

Frau issue though? There's a guy at work who pulls this type of thing all the time.

Everybody's hoping he gets fired, but it doesn't take much of a bullshit artist to fool management.

by Anonymousreply 3008/23/2013

If a supervisor allows someone to take advantage like this, the supervisor probably doesn't give a shit if anyone else does it too.

This is going to happen in every workplace where women, and in some cases men, have children. It's become more lax now that telework is widely received. Add to that, kids are not made of stern stuff like they used to be. A kid sneezes and the Mom has to be home. I'd go to school, puke all over the cafeteria and I STILL had to stay in school till someone picked me up, if they did.

But try to "nail the cunt to the wall" as some asshole suggested. I'd like to read the outcome. Be sure you weren't too outwardly outraged at your coworker and your office is big enough she won't suspect you. Also, that your supervisor isn't too sympathetic to her and that he/she is just too stupid to figure dumb frau out. If he/she is on her side or doing the same crap, you're the office crybaby.

I just take advantage of the same sort of situation in my office. I figure with her out all the time, there is no one around to watch ME. If you get my drift.

by Anonymousreply 3108/23/2013

Won't someone please SHIT IN MY MOUTH? And take a picture for Facebook?

by Anonymousreply 3308/23/2013

[quote]I found out a little while ago that she was instagramming pics of the sunrise from her hotel balcony in Atlantic City this morning.

OP how did you find this out? Were you stalking her on Instagram?

Did you do this when you got home? Or did you do it at work?

Do you post from work?

by Anonymousreply 3408/23/2013

We have a guy where I work who is the worst. He always sneaks in two hours late, walks through and makes sure he's seen, then disappears and goes home for 4 hours, and then shows back up right before he's off the clock to try to give the impression he's been there all day.

He thinks no one knows.

This is a guy who one year called out three different times because his "Grandmother" had died.

I'd say he's an idiot, but he's obviously smarter than everyone else because he's doing it and getting away with it.

by Anonymousreply 3508/23/2013

The other manager in my group had to work from home twice this week because she had back-to-school shopping to do. Not sure how much work was done at the mall, but OK... Our boss is also a frau so she just laughs at this kind of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 3608/23/2013

The people here telling the OP to mind his/her own business have obviously never worked with people like the frau. These types give workers who are HONESTLY needing time off for legitimate things like deaths and illness a bad rap because no one can trust anyone that they are legitimately taking time off now. As a childless woman, I have been looked at with scorn when needing time off because they know I am childless and I am gay.

I have worked with women who lie about their kid being sick, etc. The honest co-workers then have to make up the slack for the one who is lying saying her kid is sick when in reality she is getting shitfaced in Atlantic City. Try getting a mother in's pointless. They are untouchable.

by Anonymousreply 3708/23/2013

R[37] I'm a childless woman and I can use just about any kind of excuse, if I wanted, to take off and no one will lift an eyebrow because I can scream bloody hell about those taking advantage of the system. I had to put my dog down last week, took two days off. No one could scrutinize me. one thing I've learned, don't bitch too loudly, one day you may have to play the same game. If it's a legitimate reason, the scorn is not judgemental, it's selfishness on the other person's part.

you're correct about trying to get a mother in trouble. It is pointless. Just keep a good log and pick your battles carefully.

by Anonymousreply 3808/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 3908/24/2013

[quote]if there's no direct impact on my job, It just doesn't matter.

R28, you sound as self-involved as the fraus we're complaining about. ME ME ME.

by Anonymousreply 4008/24/2013

She came in today. She's pretty much been at her desk all day, so I don't think she was called on the carpet. My friend, who's our supervisor's executive assistant, is cc-ed on all vacation requests, and she told me that Denise requested to leave early Wednesday in order to attend some orientation for the older kid that's starting junior high. Pretty galling if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 4108/26/2013

I work with a guy like this too - routinely an hour late, takes 1.5-2 hr lunches, couldn't come in a few weeks ago because he had vertigo - fucking VERTIGO.

He's a weasel, my boss knows it, and we're just waiting for the day he leaves at lunch and texts us a few hours later that he won't be coming back...

by Anonymousreply 4208/26/2013

If she has the personal/vacation time, then why not let her take it?

by Anonymousreply 4308/26/2013

I love online bullying done by grown men.

by Anonymousreply 4408/26/2013

The hurt...hurt.

by Anonymousreply 4508/26/2013

Sigh... OP, you're going to keep bitching, but you didn't send the picture anonymously to HR and the higher ups, did you? Then I have no sympathy.

The best advice I have seen in this thread is to document, document, document and then choose your battles. Keep a diary. Everyone should. Nothing is too small to add. You might need it someday. Tell no one and keep that shit at home. Hidden.

Then whoop their ass with it one day when you need to!

This isn't a good example, but kind of a funny one. A black woman I worked with - for years she talked about how she loved racial jokes, that she thought they were hilarious. She was in her 50s. She never got me to bite, but damn if all the idiots in the office didn't. It seemed the higher they were the more they took her up on loving black people jokes. Then her mom got sick (maybe, who knows) and she was out a lot and they gave her a hard time. WHAM! There was a lawsuit. She had the date and time of each incident. The complaint talked about a VP showing her the 'black macarena' (hands on the wall and spread 'em) and talked about how a manager seemed to have an obsession with the size of black men's penises. She walked away with a big final check from that place.

by Anonymousreply 4608/26/2013

It's very unprofessional for an Administrative Assistant to be sharing personal information such as requested time off with others in the department.

Some managers may even consider this unethical.

by Anonymousreply 4708/26/2013

The ones I love are the fraus who take time off because of a sick kid, when the kid is a fucking teenager. I'm sure 15 year-old Ashleigh or 16 year-old Skylar would be able to take care of themselves at home for a few hours. The way some of these fraus go on and on about their teenage children, you would think the kids are in pre-school.

by Anonymousreply 4808/26/2013

Indeed, r48. Crazy frau where I worked a few years ago ditched around 2pm each afternoon. I mentioned this to another crazy frau who matter-of-factly explained she had to catch the train in order to pick up her early-teen sons from school, like that made it alright.

She also was in the habit of running both her mini-heater and fan simultaneously in her cube, even when she wasn't in it.

by Anonymousreply 4908/26/2013

And you, r50, are here because....???

by Anonymousreply 5108/26/2013

You tell him, R51. I'm the CEO and board chair of my company, and my office suite is on a different floor from the - um - devoted work partners of our corporate family. Hearing the cubefrau stories not only is hilarious, it's enlightening. The employees who make a show of friendliness and sharing and all often are exactly the ones who are making the workplace challenging for their coworkers, and I can assign a couple of names to each scenario just from the descriptions here and on other similar threads.

As for R50, I'm very happy for him that he has a door on his glorified cube. In corporate we call such egotistical, race-baiting cruds "terrarium dwellers," because that's where one puts the reptiles unfit for close contact with others.

by Anonymousreply 5208/26/2013

r50 I'm a SVP at a Fortune 100 company, with my own office that has a door, thank you very much. And the fraus lack of a work ethic and constantly skipping out early/calling out "sick" impacts all of us in the company.

The three lesbians in my office are the only ones I would call model employees. They get shit done and they don't keep you waiting.

by Anonymousreply 5308/26/2013

So r53, demote the fraus, and promote the lesbians.

the "busy frau" mentality is rampant, but there are alway a couple of them that take work seriously and GET SHIT DONE.

Same "family issues" as the others but you'll never hear about it at work.

People either have a work ethic, or they don't.

Unfortunately, most people don't.

by Anonymousreply 5408/26/2013

Our office mgr manages 2 separate offices officially but spends 95% of her time in just one of the offices. She has gotten increasingly burnt out over the years and has really started blatantly leaving after a few hours. It's not on anyone radar though as everyone thinks she's at the other office.

She's an early riser and gets to our office at 6 am with the idea that she is supposed to put in 8 hrs. In the last year or so, she has been sneaking out for the day around 10 am, 11 am or noon and no one is the wiser for the most part. She makes a big show of walking around the office first thing in the morning chatting with everyone until late morning and then she does her silent disappearing act.

I am amazed that she gets away with it but our managing Sr staff member is rarely in (he works from home) so it's not on anyone's radar except a few of us. I actually really like the OM and she's a funny person to hang out with but she's been very candid with me that she's burnt out.

She's always telling me a day or so later about how she went home and had a bottle of wine with her friend by her apt pool area or went out to lunch with someone. I'm just surprised how relaxed she is letting me know that she's basically clocking out early and essentially playing hooky from work.

She's savvy enough to have her phone with her at all times and will reply to corporate emails ASAP but it's starting to bug me that she's doing this regularly now. She always asks if I'll be taking any time off since I pull up some of the slack for her (admittedly it's light things like picking up the mail etc). Today she came up to me at 11 am and said she was leaving to go meet someone at her appt who was installing some things for her closet. Needless to say she never returned.

She's already let me know tomorrow that she needs to leave early at 10 am for a dr's appt. (She never returns once she leaves for the day)

This has been going on for months. Corporate loves her but they'd be upset to know how much she's taking advantage of her situation.

by Anonymousreply 5508/26/2013

r55 you have just described the Director of HR at my office. Always heads out early and never returns. I've suspected for quite a while now that she has a drinking problem and that's why she cuts out at midday.

If she IS an alkie, and is anything like every alkie I've ever known, she starts drinking early because her tolerance for booze is so high she has to drink for 8-10 hours straight before she can call it a night. Hence the constant leaving early.

by Anonymousreply 5608/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!