Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

*BREAKING* Ben Affleck To Play Batman In Warner Bros’ Batman-Superman Pic

Nooooo! Bad choice.

by Anonymousreply 5301/21/2014

There are now three threads on this breaking news.

by Anonymousreply 108/22/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 208/22/2013

But this is the best one, R1.

by Anonymousreply 308/22/2013

So Henry vs. Ben - who can out bland each other?

by Anonymousreply 408/22/2013

[quote]“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman,” director Zack Snyder said in a statement (via Hypable). “He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”

by Anonymousreply 508/22/2013

I liked Michael Keaton as batman...I think the character should be dark, and the other batman's didn't play the role that way. I don't see it in Affleck either.

by Anonymousreply 608/22/2013

Why, God, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

by Anonymousreply 708/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 808/22/2013

Wasn't Daredevil enough?

by Anonymousreply 908/22/2013

These movies are played out. The returns are diminishing.

by Anonymousreply 1008/22/2013

Ridiculously bad choice.

The franchise is so big that they don't need a high profile star to be successful.

JGL would have been such a better choice.

If they needed older, there are so many others.

by Anonymousreply 1108/22/2013

I'm just happy it's not Michael Keaton.

by Anonymousreply 1208/22/2013

Ben is really good looking, so why not?

I hate Batman films so it really means nothing to me, one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 1308/22/2013

The Batman movies have all been very noisy dull affairs, I can't see how adding Ben Affleck could hurt.

by Anonymousreply 1408/22/2013

Ben is going to be the sensitive Batman.

by Anonymousreply 1508/22/2013

This promises to be a more hideous than Dennis Rodman in that wedding dress.

by Anonymousreply 1608/22/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1708/23/2013

From looking around online no one is really happy about this casting. Which includes me.

But then no one was happy about Chris Evans being Captain America and he managed to prove a lot of the naysayers wrong. Maybe Affleck will impress.

I just hope this Batman is actually SMART. His genius is a huge part of the character and that was completely missing in Nolan's movies. The Affleck casting doesn't give me hope.

by Anonymousreply 1808/23/2013

The only genius Affleck could convincingly pull off is Steven Hawking. Even then he'd underplay the emotion.

by Anonymousreply 1908/23/2013

Not going to work.

by Anonymousreply 2008/23/2013

I think Ben Affleck is a terrific choice. He's got a great body and his acting in Argo was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 2108/23/2013

Ben Affleck is the Meryl Streep of...oh, forget it.

by Anonymousreply 2208/23/2013

Ben Affleck is a horrible actor...which is why his Oscars are for writing and producing!

by Anonymousreply 2308/23/2013

This has train wreck written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 2408/23/2013

Fanboys shrieked when Michael Keaton was cast for that first Batman film, but it turned out fine. Those first two films are well-liked and remembered. I remember it well because I was a young comic fan and could not imagine how a comic actor like Keaton could possibly pull it off, but it was fine.

by Anonymousreply 2508/23/2013

Ben Affleck was AWFUL in Argo. Stiff as a board with one dour expression.

by Anonymousreply 2608/23/2013

Really, does anyone over the age of twelve actually give a shit about a Batman movie? Does it even matter who plays him? It will gross a billion dollars world wide, be on Blu-ray in three months and the bargain bin at Walmart six months later.

by Anonymousreply 2708/23/2013

Who did he have to suck off or get fucked by in order to get this role?

by Anonymousreply 2808/23/2013

[quote]Really, does anyone over the age of twelve actually give a shit about a Batman movie?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. The way these grown men obsess over comic book movies is really bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 2908/23/2013

Closeted shit

by Anonymousreply 3008/23/2013

[quote]Really, does anyone over the age of twelve actually give a shit about a Batman movie?

Go back to watching "RuPaul's Drag Race."

by Anonymousreply 3108/23/2013

What? Ryan Reynolds was booked? So, they went to the only other actor who killed a superhero franchise in the last decade.

by Anonymousreply 3208/23/2013

R29 and R31

I have an interesting story about this. I fell in love for the second time when I was 25, he was 23 and fresh out of college, of course with my luck he was a closet case. I could explain the situation for hours but I'll cut to the chase.

I began meeting his friends, All of them were well known at the local comic book store, all of them were into comics, graphic novels, RPGs, tabletop gaming etc. And of course they all played World of Warcraft in the same guild.

Skipping the sordid details He convinced me to to pay WoW with himself and his friends who I'd not met. Eventually I was invited to meet up with the rest of the group. It was a bit tense at first as of the seven guys in this group there was a Mormon and a Pentecostal, The Pentecostal even went so far as to have long hair and a beard that made him look like Jesus, he also had a collection of Hawaiian shirts that he always wore, his younger brother was in this group too.

As they began to get more comfortable with me I realized that Jesus boy was in love with my friend. Then I met the Italian Ginger's "girlfriend", she was on a softball scholarship, if that sums it up for you. This was when I learned to watch the eyes, and within a year I was convinced that of the seven men five were closet cases. With the exception of Jesus' little brother and a very light skinned mulatto guy who was just bizarre.

I've paid attention to anyone I've met who was into the comics, RPGs etc. ever since I knew these people.

I've come to a hypothesis that a lot of guy's who are not comfortable with their orientation or believe it to be wrong because of religious reasons indulge in escapist activities. Some choose religion, other's anti-gay activism, and still another group who go so far as to create characters and live, at least part time, in a world where they don't have to deal with themselves and who they really are.

I have five of these guys on Facebook, Jesus boy is still single and saving himself for marriage which will never come unless he stops finding reasons not to date someone. His Little brother is married with two kids and always looks very happy. The Mormon guy bought a wife from the Philippines about six months ago. and the Italian Ginger is also single with never a picture or mention of a love interest.

by Anonymousreply 3308/23/2013

Oh, I should mention that the guy who owned the comic book store, pings to high heaven, claims he's straight, is actually attractive, but still lives with his mother at 47 and only goes to the movies with her...

by Anonymousreply 3408/23/2013

"I've come to a hypothesis that a lot of guy's who are not comfortable with their orientation or believe it to be wrong because of religious reasons indulge in escapist activities."

I was a high school nerd, and almost all of my fellow nerds needed an escape because they had serious issues. Yes, some were gay in an unwelcoming environment, others had serious abuse or neglect at home, major health issues, etc. I've heard psychologists say that escapism can be healthy, that when life is unbearably bad a mental escape can keep you from breaking down completely, and maybe provide modeling for a better life.

Of course the small, close-knit world of fandoms and gaming can be as much a trap as an escape, but not always. Sometimes people move on to responsible adulthood, but retain a fondness for sci-fi and comics, and they're the audience for these movie.

by Anonymousreply 3508/23/2013

Please people, you aren't actually saying you would spend good time and money going to see a Batman film, are you? Do you have no self-respect at all?

by Anonymousreply 3608/23/2013

I won't pay shit to see shit. he's thinking he's too big to fail again.

by Anonymousreply 3708/23/2013

When are you people going to realize that these crap movies make tons of cash and no matter how much you wish for the public to embrace "high art," it ain't happening?

We live in an Idiocracy, my friends. Embrace your comic book and reality star overlords!

I'm all for seeing a Batman/Superman movie with the Guidice girls as their nemesis. I think the little one could take Superman.

by Anonymousreply 3808/23/2013

r38, I have accepted that fact, but I won't accept the fact that some of that profit isn't put back into creative, quality mid-budget projects.

Back in the day, that was SOP in most entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 3908/24/2013

Anyone who uses the word "pic" is too old to be seeing a Batman movie.

by Anonymousreply 4008/24/2013

who the fuck cares? People are actually "outraged" over this?? (personally, I think Affleck should only ever direct--but, again. WHO THE FUCK CARES? (especially since the character plays most of the movie behind a mask talking in a monotone--it could practically be anyone)

by Anonymousreply 4108/24/2013

BREAKING (BAD - not really, just going for a pun) NEWS:

Strong rumor that Bryan Cranston is being cast as Lex Luthor for multi-picture deal, but it won't be announced until after BB Season Finale.

by Anonymousreply 4208/24/2013

R41...and so you're having a complete meltdown because other people don't like the choice of Affleck??

by Anonymousreply 4308/24/2013

I'm gonna be around for a while, queens!

When you get a chance in your schedule, suck it, Joe M!

by Anonymousreply 4408/24/2013

Uh-oh, is this little shit in it?

by Anonymousreply 4509/13/2013

That seriously better be fucking photoshopped.

by Anonymousreply 4609/13/2013

Nope, it's from him. It's on Twitter. It might be bullshit that he's in it, but he sent the tweet.

by Anonymousreply 4709/13/2013

Bwhahahaha! Oh I got to see what the famboys are saying

by Anonymousreply 4809/14/2013

Well how would he have a copy of the script then? Was this sent tonight - ? god I hate this little fucker. If they go there....

by Anonymousreply 4909/14/2013

Article comments say its a Funny or Die thing. Shoot, I thought this was going to top Ben as Batman. Bieber tweeted he was going something for the site.

by Anonymousreply 5009/14/2013

I question the authenticity only because it seems so quick that they already have a script. No?

by Anonymousreply 5109/14/2013

Damn! I was hoping to see nerds' heads exploding over his casting.

I'll tell you though, the script cover looks quite real. Those 'Funny or Die' people are good.

by Anonymousreply 5209/14/2013

With all these rumours coming out about the Batman vs Superman film, this new rumour is very interesting. Now take this with a huge grain of salt because I'm not sure whether it's legit or not. Cinematallica is reporting that Ben Affleck is threatening to quit Batman vs Superman. Reason being that if WB doesn't get their affairs on order, he'll walk. If that's the case then that's a real shame. I for one supported Affleck's casting as Batman. I really wanted to see him in the role. He has redeemed himself as an actor and he's a great director. I hope this rumour is straight up bullshit.

The site also reports that Mamoa is very much the front-runner for the role of Aquaman. Not only that, they also say that,"major shakeups are already occurring in the form of the studio allegedly gutting the project’s pre-viz team over the weekend." Seems like WB are cleaning house and want to get this right, we heard some rumours about potential plot points from the film earlier on withe the source originating from "someone from the art department that supposedly got shitcanned (apparently a bunch of them were fired)," which is all very interesting. I don't know what to believe for now but with WB delaying the film another 10 months, there might be deeper problems going on behind the scenes. We'll see how all this plays out.

by Anonymousreply 5301/21/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!