Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

James Franco Gets His Own Reality TV Series

Just when James Franco couldn’t seem to get any busier, he goes and tops himself.

The prolific actor/writer/director/teacher and all-around polymath will star and executive produce an unscripted series in which he’ll explore his many personal artistic pursuits and passions. Ten hourlong episodes of “James Franco Presents” will premiere in November on cable network Ovation.

True to the actor’s enigmatic style, Franco had dropped hints Tuesday regarding his TV plans accompanied by unusual artwork on Twitter and Instagram but didn’t begin spilling the particulars until Wednesday. Franco will continue to leverage his social-media presence to extend the “Presents” experience across platforms.

With “Presents,” Franco will pull back the curtain on the many side projects he is perpetually involved with, from his latest art exhibit to his work in collegiate classrooms. The series will give viewers a glimpse at highlights of the hundreds of hours of video he’s shot over the years that’s never been seen before, including some of his experimental short films. In addition to plumbing his past work, Franco will also let cameras tag along in other facets of his professional life as well.

“Presents” will also venture beyond Franco’s own work to highlight everything from interesting trends in the art world to other up-and-coming artists.

Although the series delves into Franco’s life, Ovation CCO Robert Weiss characterized “Presents” not as a reality show but an “anthology docuseries.”

“The show sees the word of art through James’ eyes,” he said. “All the different exploits that James is involved in, this show encompasses.”

While Franco appears in every episode as the host introducing each segment, his screen time will vary depending on how much he himself is a subject of each hour.

“Presents” is a coup for Ovation, an independent arts-and-entertainment cable network in 50 million homes across the U.S. With Franco on board, the network is bringing another high-profile figure to make the arts world sexy; Anna Wintour toplines unscripted series “The Fashion Fund” in December and imported British acquisition “Young Doctors’ Notebook” stars Jon Hamm and Daniel Radcliffe.”

“This series with James Franco is the biggest series to ever be on Ovation,” said Weiss.

“Presents” marks Franco’s first primetime series since his breakthrough role on the NBC dramedy “Freaks & Geeks,” which bowed in 1999. He’s kept busy in other dayparts, having made notable appearances as varied as “The Academy Awards,” “General Hospital” and “Saturday Night Live.”

Franco will next be seen Sept. 2 as the guest of honor on the “Comedy Central Roast.”

“Presents” is produced by Ovation Studios and Franco’s shingle, Rabbit Bandini Prods.

by Anonymousreply 3108/24/2013

[quote]Franco will next be seen Sept. 2 as the guest of honor on the “Comedy Central Roast.”

Hit or miss?

by Anonymousreply 108/21/2013

I need a break from him.

by Anonymousreply 208/21/2013

[quote]he goes and tops himself.

Now THAT might be worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 308/21/2013

R3, didn't his brother Dave Franco do just that?

by Anonymousreply 408/21/2013

Dave is gorgeous, James is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 508/21/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 608/21/2013

Reality? Will we see him cruising for cock?

by Anonymousreply 708/21/2013

I knew it! A clone.

by Anonymousreply 808/21/2013

This is the end of his acting career. The more he courts celebrity, the less he is able to disappear into a character onscreen.

And his choice is fine with me, there are plenty of actors out there who can do the roles he does.

by Anonymousreply 908/21/2013

Soon it will be easier to make a list of the shows and movies that have 0 James Franco content.

by Anonymousreply 1008/21/2013

Has he never heard the word "overexposed"?

by Anonymousreply 1108/21/2013

Ovation? I haven't watched that channel in probably a decade or more

by Anonymousreply 1208/21/2013

Not watching. I'll see his comedy central roast though. Will James show how he tried to get fans to finance 1 of his movie projects? that piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 1308/21/2013

Gives a new meaning to "go fuck yourself, James Franco."

by Anonymousreply 1408/21/2013

I have truly had enough of this asshole. I don't even think there's a word for someone with his level of self-obsession. EVERYTHING he does or talks about must be about him. You never hear him talk about current events, about him doing any charity work, about his opinions of things going on in the world...he only cares about something if it's about him.

This "I'm an actor/director/writer/student/professor/model/painter/photographer/poet/musician" shit wore thin a few years ago and now it's just pathetic. Why he has any fans left I'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 1508/21/2013

[quote]Why he has any fans left I'll never know.

There can't be too many fans. I wouldn't waste any time to watch his roast or reality series.

by Anonymousreply 1608/22/2013

I doubt he's as interesting as he thinks he is. I might DVR the thing just to watch it when I get stoned but I think that's the only use for this thing

by Anonymousreply 1708/22/2013

Will Franco come out on his show?

by Anonymousreply 1808/23/2013

He is heterosexual, dude.

by Anonymousreply 1908/24/2013

Now that, I'd pay to see

by Anonymousreply 2008/24/2013

Is he a narcissist, sociopath, or both?

by Anonymousreply 2108/24/2013

He's gay and narcissistic, R21. Not really a sociopath, though.

by Anonymousreply 2208/24/2013

I think he's just a Francosexual.

by Anonymousreply 2308/24/2013

The jokes at-his-expense about Franco sucking cocks on This Is the End were hilarious, oddly self-referential and revealing. A good deal of that must've been ad libs.

by Anonymousreply 2408/24/2013

Is that a good thing, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2508/24/2013

What I wanna know is, has he finally gotten a teeth bleaching? For a relatively young star, he has a serious case of yellow nasty teeth!

by Anonymousreply 2608/24/2013

[quote]He is heterosexual, dude.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 2708/24/2013

Unless there is going to be nudity, I don't see the point.

by Anonymousreply 2808/24/2013

How fortunate Time Warner Cable dropped Ovation from its lineup a few months back. No need to watch more of this insufferable narcissist.

That said, his Comedy Central roast will be full of gay and dick jokes, mark my words. And the truth is always said with a smile...

by Anonymousreply 2908/24/2013

He is such a strange human being.

by Anonymousreply 3008/24/2013

Will he at least reveal whether he is cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 3108/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.