Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Michael Hastings

Looks like he died of his demons after all.

by Anonymousreply 2511/11/2013

Just because you have demons -- or appear to have them -- doesn't mean they are actually what killed you.

by Anonymousreply 108/21/2013

Drugs suck. That is sad news.

So many very talented people are tormented.

by Anonymousreply 208/21/2013

I saw him on MSNBC weekend show with Karnacki about two weeks before he died and he was off the charts manic. He usually was a tad on the hyper side but this time he was just a mess. Sad because he was extremely talented.

by Anonymousreply 308/21/2013

I wonder what was behind the relapse. Was he despondent over something or just a hotshot brat in full party mode, having just arrived in glamourous (to a lifelong east-coaster like himself) El Lay.

by Anonymousreply 408/21/2013

Cueing batshit wacko Libertarian conspiracy stories in 3.. 2.. 1..

by Anonymousreply 508/21/2013

I thought they only found traces of it? Not enough to have played a part in his death

by Anonymousreply 608/21/2013

Sorry, what I meant to say is that he didn't die from an elaborate car crash murder plot puppeteered by the evil illuminati. He died from something much more organic and human.

I apologize for the miscommunication.

by Anonymousreply 708/21/2013

It's about 80% certain he was murdered.

Why? Because nobody else but a guilty government would keep posting random threads about how it was his fault.

by Anonymousreply 808/21/2013

I can see it now: a secret room tucked four floors below the earth. Yellowed walls from all the smoking. Very serious-looking WASPy types pacing back and forth over a strategy map, placing colored tacks on their conquests. Suddenly, a hapless intern runs in with arms flailing and yelling "Data Lounge! Hurry, DATA LOUNGE HAS FIGURED IT OUT".

by Anonymousreply 908/21/2013

All he had in his system was pot and amphetimines.

They're trying to sell it like he was smoking meth, but it easily could've been Adderall. There are millions of people driving around with pot and Adderall in their systems at any given moment and their cars don't blow up.

by Anonymousreply 1008/21/2013

Millions, [R10]? Project much?

Where is your data to back up that claim?

by Anonymousreply 1108/21/2013

You have a relapsed addict with PTSD, sudden and unexpected fame, a family who had found him passed out at home around midnight and whose remaining family flew in that day to stage an intervention. Fast forward five hours later and this person crashes head on into a tree at an extremely high rate of speed at 5a.m. while the streets are still relatively quiet.

Probably not suicide. A humiliated and embarrassed former addict would never contemplate suicide. It's never happened before. Honestly, I've checked.

by Anonymousreply 1208/21/2013

People cite the lack of drugs in his system, but it's when there *is* a lack of drugs in the system that addicts can be the most erractic. Especially meth.

by Anonymousreply 1308/21/2013

He was murdered by Obama's [bold]TORNADO MACHINE[/bold]. It's so obvious! They even managed to make it look like a car accident!!!

by Anonymousreply 1408/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 1508/21/2013

we live in a fascist country. Truth.

by Anonymousreply 1608/23/2013

I heard he was distraught over being catfished by Chelsea Brangelina Manning...

by Anonymousreply 1708/23/2013

r10 I doubt his family was gathering to stage an intervention over some fucking Adderall. Get real.

by Anonymousreply 1808/23/2013

Yeah R18, except that his family has publicly commented that they all flew in to stage an intervention.

Amazing that you know about the situation than his own family. You should turn that into a business.

by Anonymousreply 1908/24/2013

If by demons you mean the U.S. government, OP, then yeah sure that's what did him in.

McChrystal loyalists sent him death threats, maybe it was them. I'd still count them as U.S. government, even if it wasn't officially sanctioned.

by Anonymousreply 2008/24/2013

[quote]we live in a fascist country. Truth.

I don't.

by Anonymousreply 2108/24/2013

[quote]Yeah [R18], except that his family has publicly commented that they all flew in to stage an intervention.

Privately though, they were all flying in to go to Disneyland.

by Anonymousreply 2208/24/2013

New York Magazine has a feature about his death. It's pretty tough on Hastings and seems very dismissive of the internet rumors about his murder.

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2013

Conspiracies are published on the internet. Counter-conspiracies are published in "name" magazines, usually by unknown writers with government connections.

by Anonymousreply 2411/11/2013

See Popular Mechanics after 9/11

by Anonymousreply 2511/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!