Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lady Gaga's single "Applause" hits #1 on iTunes worldwide

Lady Gaga's comeback single "Applause" blasted through the competition today and made it's way to the #1 position of the Worldwide iTunes Song Chart. The song garnered 23303 points in 8 days since it's been released and shows no signs of stopping. The video for the song was released yesterday and garnered over 8 million views in under 24 hours.

So, in essence, the haters can suck it.

by Anonymousreply 4208/25/2013

But not in Amurica. Katy is the All-American Gurl!

by Anonymousreply 108/21/2013

GaGa is fine. I've never really got into her, but I have no problems with her.

But, why do people cite sales as some sort of proof that she's a good artist? DLers would be the first ones to dismiss creative works that they feel have no artistic merit, yet sell a lot or have a lot of viewers.

Yet, I see this all the time. If DLers personally don't like something then big sales/views are merely proof that the masses are idiots and all the real art is only appreciated by DL-types. But, if DLers personally like an artist, then sales are the utmost proof of an artist's talent, value, and legitimacy.

by Anonymousreply 208/21/2013

At least Gaga gives her audience an event. She's a performances artist. Perry is boring and run of the mill.

by Anonymousreply 308/21/2013

LOL! I love the Lady BlahBlah fangurls. I really do. You sad bitches have become one of the most entertaining aspects of the Web.

by Anonymousreply 408/21/2013

Why all this fan war crap? It is so high school.

Can't one like both? Is that so radical?

by Anonymousreply 508/21/2013

[quote]Can't one like both?

Or neither?

by Anonymousreply 608/21/2013

How can you not like a gay icon?

by Anonymousreply 708/21/2013

Lady Gaga is the lesser of the two evils imo. At least she isn't a fundie at heart, like "gay icon" Katy Perry.

by Anonymousreply 808/21/2013

Katie Perry is pro gay marriage - she was on Australian radio being interviewed by a politician who doesn't support gay marriage and she put him on the spot about it and embarrassed him in the middle of an election campaign!

by Anonymousreply 908/21/2013

Just heard APPLAUSE on the radio on my way home from work

by Anonymousreply 1008/21/2013

Lady Gaga is seen as "weird" by middle America so she naturally has less fans than the VERY commercial but far less talented Katy Perry. A lot of pre-teen and teen girls want to imitate Katy Perry but not Gaga. Lady Gaga will have to win the public over again with hopefully a better followup single.

by Anonymousreply 1108/21/2013

R4, we don't really think of you one way or the other.

by Anonymousreply 1208/21/2013

I am so confused. I thought her collapse was complete? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 1308/21/2013

I say fuck this outdated "gay icon" way of thinking where the gay community puts a straight woman on a pedestal, and start supporting gay celebrities. So sick of this "Lets worship a straight female!" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1408/21/2013

Gaga caused quite the stir when she invaded Times Square the other day...

by Anonymousreply 1508/21/2013

R14, I support Adam Lambert. I support a great "out" talent.

by Anonymousreply 1608/21/2013

And here's the video...

by Anonymousreply 1708/21/2013

Katy Perry debuts #2 on billboard queen of pop Gaga #6

by Anonymousreply 1808/21/2013

Hear her 'Roar': Katy Perry outsells Gaga and Thicke:

by Anonymousreply 1908/21/2013

Exactly r8, and r9, gay marriage isn't controversial anymore, Katy didn't go out on a limb to support it. She's obviously just sucking up to gays. You really think she'd support gay marriage if she'd succeeded in her original plan to be a Contemporary Christian singer? If so, god you're naive. Perry's still a fundie moron, remember when she whined about Gaga "dissing" Christianity? I have lots of problems with Gaga, but Perry needs to die in a grease-fire.

by Anonymousreply 2008/22/2013

R20, you're just trying to add to a fan war that is senseless and demeaning to both sides.

But, for the record, Katy is not a "fundie". She campaigned for Obama, and her closest friends are gay men. Recently Katy was spotted vacationing on Vashon Island, off Seattle, with boyfriend John Mayer and gay friend Adam Lambert. I can't imagine a fundie would be part of that threesome.

by Anonymousreply 2108/22/2013

That song is horrible too (Roar), just hearing it for the first time now. How pathetic that anyone would openly admit to liking such worthless "music."

by Anonymousreply 2208/22/2013

I didn't say it was "great music" or "great art". That is all a bit pretentious. But "Roar", like most of Katy's music, is great fun.

My point is music is there to enjoy, not fight over. I enjoy Gaga's early work, I enjoy Katy's more recent work. I can enjoy them both.

by Anonymousreply 2308/22/2013

I live in France and she's number 5 on itunes

by Anonymousreply 2408/22/2013

Gaga's song is lots better, and it isn't even that good.

And Perry will be "born again", as soon as the sales start dropping.

by Anonymousreply 2508/22/2013

Gag shills and stans are busy your hag is over stop mammying that hag she uses gays.

by Anonymousreply 2608/22/2013

As if Perry doesn't, r26. Adam Lambert is one gay she's using for gay cred, if they really are "friends." He loses AI because he's too gay, then his career also suffers for it, which places him in a position of having to suck up to a bigger star, and talentless Perry is all too happy to exploit that.

by Anonymousreply 2708/22/2013

i like avicii's song which is at number 3. I'm not a country fan but i do like bluegrass and the way he mixes it with dance is seamless and never done before. The guy singing on it has a great voice too. So much better and more fun than either Roar or Applause.

So I'm hoping for a come from behind victory from him to knock them both off the top spot. If he get's country stations behind it it could do it.

And speaking of Adam, one of Avicii's songs on the album has Adam on vocals. Most straight male musicians right now wouldn't do that.

The album is really great and he is huge outside of the US.

by Anonymousreply 2808/22/2013

I too like Avicii's new single WAKE ME UP, which has already been #1 around the world and is just being released here.

Yes, LAY ME DOWN, a song Adam co-wrote with Avicii and Nile Rodgers and does the vocal on is on the album that is being released in September. The song had it's US debut at a charity concert Nile hosted in the Hamptons on Monday. It sounds like a future single for Avicii.

What I like about Avicii is his fusion of different genres (country, blue-grass, rock) with dance music.

by Anonymousreply 2908/22/2013

These threads have made me dislike both Gaga and Madonna now, so mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 3008/24/2013

We're #1 in Andorra!

An-dor-RA! An-dor-RA! An-dor-RA!

by Anonymousreply 3108/24/2013

Being #1in Andorra is SOoo much more important than being at the top of the U.S./U.K. Charts. After all, Andorra is the WORLD!

by Anonymousreply 3208/24/2013

She's at number 6 and falling on Billboard 100. I read that they are fast tracking a second single to come out soon..

by Anonymousreply 3308/24/2013

Billboard called her out for cheating.

by Anonymousreply 3408/24/2013

For all you delusional bitches out there. I'am the true QUEEN.

by Anonymousreply 3508/24/2013

I agree, r35. I love how DL seems very hostile about you and Beyonce, but leaves the far worse Katy Perry and Taylor Swift virtually untouched. I you two have too much of a tan...

by Anonymousreply 3608/24/2013

I do not get the pop wars on Datalounge. What is the obsession with trying to take Lady Gaga down? Why do people seem invested in this?

It's pop music. It's candy. Isn't it a listen and enjoy or don't listen proposal? Applause isn't a strong song, the lyrics arent great, but couldn't one just be amused by her costumes and showmanship? Did this boat sail? I don't really follow Gaga or pop music.

It seems like people ignore less memorable performers. Why has she attracted so much hate on here? Someone could say it's a stunt, but I don't hate a pop star who chooses to do something with Marina Abramovic. Better that than what Katy Perry is up to.

by Anonymousreply 3708/24/2013

You're Little Monster is showing in your last sentence, r37.

by Anonymousreply 3808/24/2013

Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga Lady Gaga

by Anonymousreply 3908/24/2013

To totally derail this fucked-up train of a thread by claiming original credit for something about this song (as she has already done for the video), I summon...JANBOT!!!

by Anonymousreply 4008/24/2013

I'm here! I was just re-watching Rhythm Nation 1814 on VHS.

by Anonymousreply 4108/24/2013

You rang?

by Anonymousreply 4208/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.