Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dr. Luke Is In Talks To Be Third Judge On American Idol Season 13, Will.i.am Out

There might be a new judge in town! Dr. Luke may be joining American Idol in its 13th season, a source tells Us Weekly. The 39-year-old American songwriter and record producer (real name: Lukasz Gottwald) has been in talks in becoming the third judge for the FOX series.

Dr. Luke is now in the running for the gig after deliberations with Will.i.am for the third slot were stalled due to money negotiations, the source adds. Black Eyes Peas rapper Will.i.am, 38, has previously been speculated as the next choice in line.

Dr. Luke got his start as Saturday Night's Live's house band lead guitarist in 1997. He went on to work behind the scenes with a staggering roster of music stars, and is responsible for chart-topping hits like Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone," Flo Rida's "Right Round," Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" and Katy Perry's "California Gurls."

If the deal goes through, Dr. Luke will be joining Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez -- who was recently announced as returning for a third season.

by Anonymousreply 1608/31/2013

Will.i.am has an Emmy on his shelf.

by Anonymousreply 108/20/2013

Dr Who??

by Anonymousreply 208/20/2013

Stick a fork in this. It's done.

I like will but no one is going to be tuning in to watch either of these guys.

by Anonymousreply 308/20/2013

Dr. Luke is the king of overproduction and auto tune. He has ruined pop music.

by Anonymousreply 408/20/2013

r2, he's produced some of Katy Perry's, Rhianna's and Kelly Clarkson's unlistenable shit songs, along with some other unlistenable shit songs from other completely talentless current pop singers. He is hailed as some kind of genius producer by idiots who don't know fuck-all about music.

Was that helpful?

by Anonymousreply 508/20/2013

R5, in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 608/20/2013

He's pretty, though.

by Anonymousreply 708/20/2013

Even Secrest sees the writing on the wall. That's why he took "The Million Second Quiz" on NBC. Of course he's pathological and needs to fill his entire life with work for the "no time for a relationship" excuse, but he knows this is the final Idol and he'll have another show to go to. He may be a horrible producer but stupid he ain't.

by Anonymousreply 808/20/2013

Why would he want the gig? He doesn't need the publicity or the money. He's already a well-known producer in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 908/20/2013

I'm sorry, but I don't have a CLUE who this is.

by Anonymousreply 1008/20/2013

Looks like he has the job.

by Anonymousreply 1108/25/2013

NO, Luke will not judge. He will stay at Sony, where he can auto tune artists to his heart's content.

Luke is with Sony. AI winners are signed to UMG. There would be a conflict of interest if Luke was to be associated with Idol.

by Anonymousreply 1208/26/2013

It's ridiculous; they've never recreated the chemistry of Paula, Randy and SIMON!

They need to hire a real prick; Simon was one of a kind.

by Anonymousreply 1308/26/2013

Scooter Braun (Beiber's manager) has turned down the judging job. Now it looks like the fallback guy is Harry Connick Jr.

Because of problems settling on a judging panel, production on the show (the early auditions) have been delayed.

by Anonymousreply 1408/28/2013

Suggestions from ROLLING STONE for an Idol judge.

by Anonymousreply 1508/29/2013

What shit, Dr. Luke would've been the only thing to get me to watch. I knew this was too good to be true.

Luke was asked to do this years ago and turned it down, presumably Kara DioGuardi took his place.

That conflict of interest reason is bullshit, they would've known Dr. Luke is contracted to Sony. Just like before with the fake stories about JLo not joining, this was their usual shit to whip up publicity. Dr. Luke was clearly never in the frame and they already had the last judge sorted.

by Anonymousreply 1608/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.