Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A Question about "SuperNatural," the TV program

What I do not understand is how a show that stars such two major hunks is so chaste! Jared and Dean rarely show any skin at all and they never, ever hook up with women. Dean is so good looking that you would think the producers would be smart enough to show him off to full advantage. Jared has a body to rival that dude from "True Blood" and he practically wears a burka. What gives? Very very odd.

by Anonymousreply 2208/27/2013

That's because Sam and Dean are fucking each other and incest doesn't go over well on network TV.

by Anonymousreply 108/20/2013

Dean has sex all the time on the show.

Sam started off as good and innocent, but after he went to hell and lost his soul at the end of season 5 he has been much more promiscuous.

You are correct that they don't show them shirtless often, but they are both sexual characters.

by Anonymousreply 208/20/2013

Oh well, what an empty thread. I hardly ever start threads and when I do they always end up like this. Anyone please feel free to hijack this into any direction you want. EXCEPT MADONNA.

by Anonymousreply 308/20/2013

I haven't watched for a while but OP is right. Other CW series are excuses for the males stars to go shirtless, but when I stopped watching years ago I could count on one finger Ackle's skin scenes. They were starting to show some Jared. I don't think Jensen has the physique.

by Anonymousreply 408/20/2013

Wonder when these two are going to do a Wentworth Miller.

by Anonymousreply 508/22/2013

I wouldn't look for them to do a Wentworth Miller anytime soon. Jared Padalecki just announced his wife (beard) is pregnant with their 2nd. There are lots of people in Supernatural fandom who'd love to see them come out.

by Anonymousreply 608/22/2013

I don't think they're gay at all. They definitely aren't afraid to joke about their characters being confused as lovers on the show, and if they're so comfortable with it they are obviously straight.

If they were on the defensive every second there would obviously be something to hide.

In one of the meta comedy eps, the guy who "wrote" the Supernatural books said the fans often talk about the homo subtext and even write fan fictions about it! The two brothers give each other a shocked look- it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 708/22/2013

Lol, okay whatever you believe. This is funny: "if they're so comfortable with it they are obviously straight"

Oh- obviously. I don't care what they do to get by- if they need to beard, that's their choice. I'm still convinced they're gay and I'm okay with that.

by Anonymousreply 808/22/2013

LOL at R7. Wentworth Miller always said he was fine with the gay rumors and homoerotic subtext too.

by Anonymousreply 908/22/2013

Yes, but there was some evidence that Wentworth Miller is gay, r9. There is no evidence that Jensen Ackles or Jared Padalecki is gay.

by Anonymousreply 1008/24/2013

It's not often... but it's not never:

by Anonymousreply 1108/24/2013

And don't forget that infamous towel scene:

by Anonymousreply 1208/24/2013

One more, this of Sam:

by Anonymousreply 1308/24/2013

Wait, people truly believe these guys are gay? I thought this was just some kind of thing to torment fangirls with. I've never heard any rumors about either of them.

by Anonymousreply 1408/24/2013

Exactly my point, r14. I think all the "Wincest" written about Dean and Sam has affected the way some viewers look at the actors.

Great pics, r11-13. A correction, though: It is Dean that we see in your last post.

by Anonymousreply 1508/24/2013

No one believes they are gay except the slash fan girls. On the other hand, it was obvious Went was gay.

by Anonymousreply 1608/24/2013

Which guy on True Blood, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1708/24/2013

Alot of speculation about actors being gay comes from the blind item sites. It's believed that these two were written about being in a closeted relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1808/24/2013

R17, OP is probably referring to Skarsgard.

As for rumors, there are some out there but I'd trust my instincts first and I think my 'dar is pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 1908/27/2013

None of the fans of the show, yes, mostly women, want to see them hooking up with girls.

There really is no opportunities for them to be shirtless. They wouldn't do gratuitous shots of them without clothes.

by Anonymousreply 2008/27/2013

Right, cause TV execs never find gratuious reasons to have young males shirtless.

I would bet Jared and Jensen are just lazy and don't want to spend the time in the gym to maintain the physique for shirtless scenes so they negotiated their way out of them.

And yeah, their "gay rumors" allows seemed like supernatural fans crazy wishful thinking and otherwise seemed completely baseless.

by Anonymousreply 2108/27/2013

They need to show more anus!!

by Anonymousreply 2208/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.