Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cher Releases A Preview of Her "Woman's World" "Music Video"

OMG!

by Anonymousreply 1208/21/2013

Good luck, Cher. Release 'Woman's World' a few months ago. Release it again. I don't get this strategy, but I hope the song does well.

by Anonymousreply 108/20/2013

The song already flopped.

by Anonymousreply 208/20/2013

The rest of the album must REALLY suck if they keep pushing this POS on us. I'm a fan but enough.

by Anonymousreply 308/20/2013

She's not even interested in this album. She said she did it because the label forced her to. They told her that they were going to drop her if she didn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 408/20/2013

R4. What are your talking about? Cher's been quoted saying how much she loves this new album and how lucky she was to have worked with many of the people who worked with her on it.

by Anonymousreply 508/20/2013

R2...I'm not so sure the song has flopped. It hasn't been officially released yet. The problem is that Cher (or her record label) is stealing their own thunder by releasing it and then releasing it again. By doing this, it lacks surprise and allows the public to hear it, like it and then get tired of it before it's even officially out.

by Anonymousreply 608/20/2013

r5, she just said it in an online interview. She said that she wasn't really into doing another album, but then she got some really good songs. She prefaced it with the reason behind coming back with a new album after so long was that she had to, that the label threatened to drop her.

She totally doesn't care. It's obvious. Even that horrible "The Voice" performance screamed it. My god, she's got people like P!nk writing the songs on her new album, and a song about 9/11??! It sounds like a mess. She should have real songwriters on the project. I sure there will be a Diane Warren song thrown in there.

"Woman's World" is horrendous, and it is available for download on iTunes. No one in their right mind is going to buy or play this song. It won't even chart on the Hot 100.

Her label pushed back this released a million times for a reason, and their releasing this shit song, a song that they officially released via the web last year, as the first single after all this time makes it quite obvious that they have no faith in the project. Now they've put together this hilarious drag queen video with a budget of $20. The response to WW last year was horrible. It shouldn't even be on the album.

The public was ready for Cher to come back. She could have really blown up the charts again at 67, but she and the label blew it. It's maddening.

Cher should stick to Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 708/20/2013

She's a marginally talented Vegas hack, and all but her elder gays know it. Ironic that the song is called Woman's World, when as usually her freakishly low voice makes her sound more like a man.

by Anonymousreply 808/20/2013

[quote] The public was ready for Cher to come back

NO.

[quote] She could have really blown up the charts again at 67

NO.

Anyone who thinks either of the above two statements are true does not live anywhere in the land of reality.

No one older than 40 (other than maybe Madonna) is getting anywhere near any singles chart.

Some veteran artists *might* get an album to chart for a while, but that's usually first week numbers only.

No one rang for Cher as a vocalist. She's almost 70 and non of that voice is natural. She has plenty of other strengths yet to play, but this ain't one of them. Her voice is done.

by Anonymousreply 908/20/2013

r9, I was referring to her album debut #, and yes, the public was in her favor, and yes, she could have landed on the singles charts thanks to iTunes and Vevo clicks. Anyone can get on the charts with no problem today, and if you release your shit when there's no other real competition. You don't have to sell much. Songs like "Gangnam Style" charted for a reason, and it was thanks to Vevo.

by Anonymousreply 1008/20/2013

I mean how many comebacks does she really want to do at this point? It's not like she needs the money.

by Anonymousreply 1108/20/2013

The Cher troll here doesn't know much about how the real world operates.

by Anonymousreply 1208/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.