Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I don't get the hate for Applause

I'm not a Monster or whatever. I play guitar and couldn't give two shits about pop. Gaga is an artist. I respect that. It's a really good song. My two takes.

by Anonymousreply 1708/20/2013

Does Billboard magazine factor in the number of DataLounge threads in determining where an artist places on its music charts?

by Anonymousreply 108/19/2013

Fuck you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 208/20/2013

It's [italic]reducti...[/italic] oh, never mind.

by Anonymousreply 308/20/2013

I do OP. It's very bland. Perhaps it may have sounded exciting 15 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 408/20/2013

The more I hear it the more I like it.

by Anonymousreply 508/20/2013

Nope, r3. "Applause" sounds nothing like that Benny Benassi crap. That "author" copy and pasted that from Pop Justice from a person who was laughed off the site. Madonna's fans are now summed up with the following:

"Lady Gaga closes her eyes and they scream, 'She's ripping off Helen Keller!'"

Prime example of Madonna's fan base...

by Anonymousreply 608/20/2013

I thought you meant the Lauren Bacall musical. Infinitely more interesting and that bar is pretty low.

by Anonymousreply 708/20/2013

I think part of it is the theme not the music itself---its not a universal theme that people can relate to, its all about Last Gaga herself and her being a star and living for applause--a very narcissistic theme that very few can relate to.

by Anonymousreply 808/20/2013

It's annoying when pop stars try to explain and intillectualize their songs. Who cares? They are going to play these turd nuggets 3X an hour for the next 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 908/20/2013

It's great that you started this thread, OP, so that everyone is aware of the hate. There's never been any hate for a song this bad in all of recorded history. What do you think is the reason for all the threats?

by Anonymousreply 1008/20/2013

My bank account's bare

My cate has the flu

I'm losing my hair

Then I

Feel it!

by Anonymousreply 1108/20/2013

Why does everyone hate the OP?

by Anonymousreply 1208/20/2013

I agree, OP. The video is AWESOME.

by Anonymousreply 1308/20/2013

It has a nice catchy beat that I can twerk to

by Anonymousreply 1408/20/2013

It sucks dirty moose balls.

by Anonymousreply 1508/20/2013

You're clearly a widdle monster, OP. The 'Gaga is a true artist' thing gave you away.

by Anonymousreply 1608/20/2013

OP, have you been living under a rock? Why would you (or anyone) be mystified by the well-known fact that a lot of people dislike - even hate - Gaga?

Here, on the DL, you're shocked by this? Shocked enough to start a thread complaining about it?

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 1708/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!