Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Yes, I like it.

The story is indeed absurd but I think the musical numbers are great! Is this considered a Glitter-style flop or a success. I looked at the box office numbers and they aren't bad, I just don't ever hear anything about this movie.

Christina Aguilera actually has a reall yversatile voice. I just thought she was one of those over singing diva singers but she adapts to every style pretty impressively.

Plus, she CAN act (certainly better than Beyoncé) and this was back when she was really thin and cute.

The cast is pretty impressive. Kristen Bell is a fabulous mess. Cher is Cher send serves Tess' purpose perfectly. I heard she rejected a Sia written song for her big ballad (Sia recorded it herself - She Wolf") and I wish did had gone with the Sia song as her ballad is pretty early-90 standard Dianne Warren-style blandness. OMG wait, I actually think Dianne Warren DID write it!

But my only REAL complaint is that it should have had more Alan Cummings.

by Anonymousreply 708/20/2013

Jesus Fucking Christ, OP. From which time-warp did you just emerge?

by Anonymousreply 108/19/2013

Very disappointing movie. It wasn't good, it wasn't even camp, it was just lame.

by Anonymousreply 208/20/2013

I liked the movie. Cher kept you interested in the story, and she was quite good in her low key role. And Christina Aguilera, Cam Gigandet and Kristin Bell were all very good.

It wasn't the greatest movie ever, but it was good and entertaining. And I loved Cher singing "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me."

by Anonymousreply 308/20/2013

That Cher song was just so out of place. I did like her first song, though. It was cute but not too cute.

by Anonymousreply 408/20/2013

It has one of those "and then she sang and the world was AMAZED" moments that I always love. Like when Babs sings "Woman in the Moon" in Star Is Born.

by Anonymousreply 508/20/2013

Tittie games

by Anonymousreply 608/20/2013

Christina was good. She looked cute in the beginning when we're supposed to believe she's just some waitress:

by Anonymousreply 708/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!