Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Favorite Bjork Album

Choose one, and explain why it's your fav.

by Anonymousreply 1008/22/2013

Her first three are her best and have yet to be outdone by her.

by Anonymousreply 108/19/2013

What R1 said.

Biophilia had some really interesting stuff, but I think her husband's influence on her music has gutted a lot of the melody it had.

by Anonymousreply 208/19/2013

Quite, R1 and R2.

by Anonymousreply 308/20/2013

Quite what?

by Anonymousreply 408/20/2013

Vespertine with Pagan Poetry and Hidden Place is Bjork at her best right before she went off the experimental deep end.

by Anonymousreply 508/20/2013

Am I the only person that liked Medulla? Some of the songs on it were great: Triumph of a Heart, Mouth's Cradle, Where is the Line?, Who is It, Oceania, etc. I think that was a pretty great experimental album

by Anonymousreply 608/20/2013

I love them ALL! They're the bomb. See what I did there? The BOMB?

by Anonymousreply 708/22/2013

Mine is "Feeng De Wurngy veeng de Voo, Bjork, Bjork, Bjork!" Truly, it was The Swedish Chef's most inspired work.

by Anonymousreply 808/22/2013

"Medulla" should have been Bjork's experimental, avant garde album, and she should have left it there. "Vespertine" had a couple of good songs on it, but I don't understand this love for it. It put me to sleep. She started doing that talking, non-melodic bullshit on it. She started working with Matthew Barney, and it just got worse. She doesn't do real music videos anymore. Bjork's fan base makes themselves like her more recent work. They hated "Biophilia" until they released that this was going to be the only album they were going to get from Bjork for a couple of years.

Listen to the first three albums again. What happened to THAT woman? That stuff was amazing. People want her to redo "Homogenic" with each album. She hasn't been able to do that again, so it's time for her or anyone else to keep screaming for it. It's time for her to be fun again, and stop this pretentious bullshit. Her albums are gimmicks now, only using certain instruments and shit, which punishes the songs. Some of them could be better if she just used other instruments than just brass.

Enough with the pagan and nature crap too! How many times can you do that? Mark Bell has got to go.

She got a big cash award pre-Biophilia, and she wasted it all on that album. She had none left over for other things, and announced it. Who the hell handles her finances? She milks her fan base with one re-release after another. She can't be that broke.

Maybe someday she'll give Nellee Hooper a call and get her shit together.

by Anonymousreply 908/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 1008/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!