Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Weave by Example: TX Pastor Says NO to Weaves at Church

I guess it's NOT true that the higher the hair, the closer to God!

by Ty Ty Smizalina reply 708/19/2013

Many fundie pastors consider it their moral duty to regulate ladies hair styles, as well as dress.

by Ty Ty Smizalina reply 108/19/2013

All fundamentalist people think it their duty to control all of other people's behavior.

by Ty Ty Smizalina reply 208/19/2013

[quote]“I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. “Yet, a 26 year old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this.”

He's got a point, but it's always wrong to single out one person or thing to denounce rather than an overall behavior. I'm sure there are others in his congregation who spend their money foolishly.

by Ty Ty Smizalina reply 308/19/2013

R3, So who paid for the weave? Or perhaps the woman or her relatives works for a beauty salon, and got it for much less.

by Ty Ty Smizalina reply 408/19/2013

Yeah, who the fuck cares how much she did or didn't pay for the weave. As long as the church isn't giving her money for it, what the fuck business is it of HIS?

by Ty Ty Smizalina reply 508/19/2013

R5, Please read the linked article.

by Ty Ty Smizalina reply 608/19/2013

She probably has an iPhone, a flat screen tv of at least 55 inches, and more shoes than Imelda. Don't let starving kids get in the way of a sista tryin' to look fine.

by Ty Ty Smizalina reply 708/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!