Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mark Ruffalo On Abortion: 'I Don't Want To Turn Back The Hands Of Time'

"My mother’s illegal abortion marked a time in America that we have worked long and hard to leave behind," Ruffalo went on. "It was a time when women were seen as second rate citizens who were not smart enough, nor responsible enough, nor capable enough to make decisions about their lives. It was a time that deserved to be left behind, and leave it behind we did, or so it seemed."

by Anonymousreply 3508/21/2013

Lol R1.

by Anonymousreply 208/19/2013

R1. Shocking, but it's not about you.

It's about an issue bigger than you and not taking away a women's right to choose, which is very much in the news these days. Celebrities bring attention to important issues. If you're not interested because it's not about you or about this topic, then move along.

by Anonymousreply 308/19/2013

but if we could turn back time...

by Anonymousreply 608/19/2013

F&F for R4 - a useless, brain-dead, freeper troll.

Evidently, Mark Ruffalo is an intelligent, somewhat attractive man, who isn't afraid of women controlling their own reproductive systems.

by Anonymousreply 708/19/2013

Get me a knitting needle!

by Anonymousreply 808/19/2013

[quote]Sorry Mark, a woman who can't figure out how to use birth control is a woman who shouldn't "be able to make decisions about her life" by killing a baby.

Yes, Freeperella, except your kind want to outlaw birth control as well. In fact, I expect to see laws governing the sexual mores of women pretty soon.

And finally Miss Freepster, how soon should I take birth control before a rape? Or is this God's wonderful plan?

by Anonymousreply 908/19/2013

No method of birth control except total abstinence is 100% effective, R4.

by Anonymousreply 1008/19/2013

I should've killed myself when he put it in me. After the first time, before we were married, Ralph promised never again. He promised, and I believed him. But sin never dies. Sin never dies. At first, it was all right. We lived sinlessly. We slept in the same bed, but we never did it. And then, that night, I saw him looking down at me that way. We got down on our knees to pray for strength. I smelled the whiskey on his breath. Then he took me. He took me, with the stink of filthy roadhouse whiskey on his breath, and I liked it. I liked it! With all that dirty touching of his hands all over me. I should've given you to God when you were born, but I was weak and backsliding, and now the devil has come home.

by Anonymousreply 1208/19/2013

frau thread

by Anonymousreply 1308/19/2013

No, it isn't. It is about equal rights for people, whether they are gay, female, minority. People deserve the right to control their own bodies.

by Anonymousreply 1408/19/2013

plug it up plug it up plug it up

by Anonymousreply 1608/19/2013

R17 is absolutely correct. I can't control my body, I have sex without even thinking about it and take birth control whenever I remember. I usually schedule my abortions on Thursdays, before I get nails or hair done and so I can go out have somemore sex on the weekend! I wish they would give discounts to frequent customers, but until Walmart starts offering them, what's a gal to do?

by Anonymousreply 1808/19/2013

bleed out r19

by Anonymousreply 2008/20/2013

I love mark

by Anonymousreply 2208/20/2013

Too bad R4 and R17's moms didn't have abortions.

by Anonymousreply 2308/20/2013

R21: please do us all a favor and catch drug-resistant gonorrhea. Then we can all moralize about how you brought it upon yourself. TIA!

by Anonymousreply 2508/20/2013

Here's someone who does ...

by Anonymousreply 2708/20/2013

R4 sounds about 7,000 years old.

These folks are dying off, thank god.

by Anonymousreply 2808/20/2013

[quote]None of you girls have been able to offer a defense of abortion.

How about, "you don't have a vagina, so shut the fuck up already"?

by Anonymousreply 2908/20/2013

Sorry, let's try a less authoritarian approach.

"You don't have a vagina, so your opinions on abortion are absolutely, completely, 100% irrelevant."

by Anonymousreply 3008/20/2013

i like it when they vacuum out the babies. all the little hands and feet!

by Anonymousreply 3108/20/2013

If only we were all Ethiopian Jews emigrating to Israel, R32.

by Anonymousreply 3308/20/2013

r12 Mario Cantone did that MUCH better.

by Anonymousreply 3408/20/2013

I want to rest my head on Mark's hairy chest.

by Anonymousreply 3508/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!