Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dead Man found under "Dick Dock"

[quote]The body was found close to the high-water line under the deck where, at night, men are known to congregate.

Is that what we're calling it now? "Congregating?"

by You're Welcomereply 3609/01/2013

Whose dick was she docking?

by You're Welcomereply 108/19/2013

I call it my Little Home Away from Home!

by You're Welcomereply 208/19/2013

Anthony Altimore said he wouldn't be seen dead there.

by You're Welcomereply 308/19/2013

Many a milky load has been cast upon the waters.....

by You're Welcomereply 408/19/2013

What a legacy to leave: the last thing you accomplish on this earth is to become a punchline on the datalounge. Yikes.

by You're Welcomereply 508/19/2013

This wasn't part of the 58-page PowerPoint presentation!

by You're Welcomereply 608/19/2013

Shannon Fleming, 42, of Albany, N.Y., has been identified as the man found dead Monday morning near the deck of the Boatslip Resort.

by You're Welcomereply 708/21/2013

“Preliminary investigation suggests that foul play was not involved,” he said.

by You're Welcomereply 808/21/2013

As disclosed in my powerpoint presentation, his paypal deposit is non-refundable.

More booze for us!

by You're Welcomereply 908/21/2013

He lived a few blocks from me, but I didn't personally know him.

by You're Welcomereply 1008/21/2013

Good Lord, I have sucked a lot of late-night dick under that edifice in years gone by....

Themz was good days.

by You're Welcomereply 1108/22/2013

On his iPod;

Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding

Nightswimming - R.E.M.

Rock Lobster - The B-52s

The Tide is High - Blondie

by You're Welcomereply 1208/25/2013

Was his name Hickory?

by You're Welcomereply 1308/25/2013

"Shannon has gone away ...."

Obit at link. He had a son.

by You're Welcomereply 1408/25/2013

He was also married. This sounds complicated.

by You're Welcomereply 1508/25/2013

Members of Albany's gay community mourned the death of a friendly man they knew as Miguel Sanchez, who was found dead Monday on a public beach in Provincetown, Mass., although authorities identified him as Shannon T. Fleming.

A preliminary investigation indicated that there was no foul play and the death did not appear suspicious, said Michael Trudeau, Cape and Islands first district attorney. But an autopsy and a full toxicology report were ordered, and full results and a report could take up to two months, Trudeau said.

"The matter is under investigation," Trudeau said. He said the deceased man was vacationing on Cape Cod. Trudeau could not say why two names were used by the 42-year-old man, a regular customer at gay bars in Albany.

According to a paid obituary for Shannon (Miguel) Fleming submitted to the Times Union, he was the son of Millie Sanchez. He was born in Van Nuys, Calif. and lived in New York City before coming to Albany, where he also took classes at the University at Albany. He had a son, Justin, and "devoted everything he had to him and was so proud of the man he is starting to become," the obituary said. Services will be held at the family's discretion, it said.

"We're all trying to grieve," said his wife, who asked not to be identified and declined to say more.

by You're Welcomereply 1608/25/2013

If my friends and family found out I had died similarly they would smile and say I died doing what I loved. If there's an afterlife, I'd monitor DL to find out what you bitches thought was on my iPod.

by You're Welcomereply 1708/25/2013

Shannon is gone, I hope she's drifting out to sea

She always loved to swim away

Maybe she'll find an island with a shady tree

Just like the one in our backyard

by You're Welcomereply 1808/25/2013

Maybe he was transgender and Shannon was his "girl" name.

by You're Welcomereply 1908/25/2013

Oh, R18! One of the saddest songs EVER! Ahhh! I can't handle it.

by You're Welcomereply 2008/26/2013

The iPod queens love to swoop in on stories like this. As in: "I found a song that has a word remotely related to this story. Hehe! Not only am I funny but super-cute!"

by You're Welcomereply 2108/26/2013

Lady friends of mine who were staying at the Crown & Thorn at the time said that he was wearing an orange wrap - they described it as a sarong. He was out a good distance, and the tide was coming in faster than the coroner could get here, so the police had to keep dragging the body closer to the dock. It took six hours for the coroner to get here!

As for the two names, a giddy gal who goes by the name, "Penny Trayshun" was giggling about a guy who was "really cuttin' some Zzzz's under the Dick Dock last night!" When asked, she confirmed that the "sleeping" guy was wearing an orange dress. (Guess who wasn't sleeping?) When Penny is not celebrating Carnival in Ptown, he is a State Trooper.

by You're Welcomereply 2208/26/2013

With the possible exception of "Rock Lobster", all of the iPod songs here have been very good, if not great.

by You're Welcomereply 2308/26/2013

Not only do they post it R21, they play them when they read the thread.

by You're Welcomereply 2408/26/2013

"We're all trying to grieve," said his wife"

Well, if you have to make an effort- forget it.

by You're Welcomereply 2508/27/2013

One of the condolence messages said the his crazy butt will be missed?? WTF?

by You're Welcomereply 2608/27/2013

It sounds so tacky to mention how much the guy like the beach when he was found dead there. Am I wrong?

by You're Welcomereply 2708/28/2013

I would say the fact that the man had two completely different names and lived what looks like a gay and a straight lifestyle is a cause for suspicion of foul play.

by You're Welcomereply 2808/28/2013

R22, what is "the Crown & Thorn"?

Are you trying to be amusing? Or is this an error which casts your reliability into doubt?

by You're Welcomereply 2908/28/2013

Penny Trayshun the former Rupaul's. Drag Race contestant is a state trooper?

by You're Welcomereply 3008/28/2013

Sorry, meant "Rose & Crown." Y'all know that every other place in Ptown has an Anchor and/or a Crown in its name.

Drag names may be clever, but they are not always unique. Penny "Smokey Bear" Trayshun is not a professional entertainer, and not the person who competed on RPDR.

by You're Welcomereply 3108/29/2013

There is the Crown and Anchor, the Rose and Crown, and the Anchor Inn. That's pretty much it, R31. If there are others, they don't come to mind.

by You're Welcomereply 3208/30/2013

Really, r32?

by You're Welcomereply 3308/30/2013

Yes, R33, that's one of the three I listed. What's your point?

by You're Welcomereply 3408/31/2013

hilarious; a guy's dead, and fagotinis veer off-kilter into a drag name bitch fight. Gay-ADD much?

by You're Welcomereply 3509/01/2013

R35, you might have a point, if you could read. The dispute was about hotel names, not drag.

by You're Welcomereply 3609/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!