Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ed Schultz Moves Back To Weekdays, Takes Chris Matthews' 5 PM Slot

Schultz will take over the 5 PM slot Mondays through Fridays, starting August 26. Matthews, whose "Hardball" aired at both 5 and 7 PM, will now air solely at 7.

The move represents something of a triumphant return from the wilderness for Schultz. He moved to the relative desert of weekend afternoons back in May; now, he will not only be returning to weekdays, but kicking off MSNBC's prime time lineup every night.

by Anonymousreply 2908/20/2013

The move could also be something of an admission about the continuing struggles of Schultz's 8 PM replacement, Chris Hayes. His wonky show has failed to match the ratings the more blustery Schultz put up in the time slot. MSNBC could be hoping that, with the equally fiery Matthews going live at 7 PM, viewers will be more inclined to stick around to watch Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 108/19/2013

What will happen to Karen Finney's "Disrupt" on Saturday afternoon? I like Karen a lot, but that time slot of 1pm, Pacific Time, 4pm Eastern, is out in the wilderness.

by Anonymousreply 208/19/2013

I hope this means his wife is doing better.

by Anonymousreply 308/19/2013

Good. He needs a better time slot. He an Matthews make a good pair. I liked Chris on his weekend show but even though I record it and watch it every night there is only so much news that these shows can cover without redundancy. The show that has come into its own is Karnacki in Chris's old spot. He is amzing with detail and historical fact. Good guests too.

by Anonymousreply 408/19/2013

Matthews can be really annoying at times, but I'm glad he'll be on live a 7 so I won't be forced to tune into that right wing hack Erin Burnett on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 508/19/2013

[quote] I hope this means his wife is doing better.

I think what it means is that moving Ed to weekends really was a demotion and wasn't about Ed wanting to lighten his workload because of his wife's health or about MSNBC trying to beef up its weekend schedule. Now MSNBC realizes that they screwed up. It wouldn't surprise me if after a few months, they move Ed back to 8 p.m. and moves Chris to the 5 p.m. slot.

by Anonymousreply 608/19/2013

Ed's ratings were high. Why would MSNBC want to demote him?

by Anonymousreply 808/19/2013

Hopefully this is the first step to getting Chris Matthews off the air entirely!!!!

Hate. Him.

by Anonymousreply 908/19/2013

Bring back Keith. Rein in Chris. Good to have you back, Ed.

by Anonymousreply 1008/19/2013

You queens are deluded if you think Ed Schultz would have a drink with you.

He hates gays almost as much as he hates women. He's a loudmouth for the left because he realized it was easier for him to be a star that way rather than trying to compete with Rush and the like.

by Anonymousreply 1108/19/2013

I've seen that "Ed's secretly a homophobic asshole putting on a liberal front" claim every time Schultz's name comes up here. Are there videos or audio recordings of him demonstrating this on his pre-MSNBC show?

I can't see Rachel Maddow being all buddy-buddy with a raging homophobe who fakes a liberal POV for the camera.

Then again I've never understood the whole Jodie/Mel friendship thing either.

by Anonymousreply 1208/19/2013

You're full of shit r11.

by Anonymousreply 1308/19/2013

For the dizzy Ed Schultz queens.

by Anonymousreply 1408/19/2013

This doesn't bode well for Chris Hayes...looks like there's recognition his show isn't working.

by Anonymousreply 1508/19/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1608/19/2013

Ed Schultz also beat his first wife, Maureen Zimmerman, and shot his own dog on a drunken hunting trip.

by Anonymousreply 1708/19/2013

R14 posts a link to an anonymous blog post from 2006!

t

This anonymous source sounds like a right wing provocateur.

by Anonymousreply 1808/19/2013

R18, I know Ed Schultz personally, and I know many people who have worked with him. He's a fraud.

And I am no right winger.

by Anonymousreply 1908/19/2013

Although one can find everything else on the internet, there isn't a trace of Ed Schultz being a conservative homophobe. No video, no audio, no colleagues or former conservative buddies giving interviews to discredit Schultz, nada.

The only accusation I can find about Ed beating his wife is made by some anonymous creep on Free Republic. His "evidence" is that Mr and Mrs Schultz sealed their divorce records (not that unusual).

The people who keep saying this shit about him are obviously freeper trolls.

by Anonymousreply 2008/19/2013

Let me tell you the story of a guy named Ned.

Everything about Ned was gay, from his actions to the way he looked and carried himself to the very things he said. By the time he hit his 30s, he had settled in a remote city where he was able to become a well-known local public figure and gay activist.

Ned was loud, rude and obnoxious, but he got attention, and soon he found himself at the top of his game in this small city. Through the city, and even the small, remote state, most people knew him. If they only knew one thing about him, it was that he was an outspoken gay activist.

But Ned had a dark side. His longtime partner - also a public figure, who was much more widely liked than Ned - accused Ned of physical abuse in court. Once the partnership was separated, Ned's partner remained in the public eye, but never uttered Ned's name in public again.

Ned also liked to drink, and occasionally had public incidents where his belligerent behavior got him into trouble. Very few of his coworkers had anything nice to say about him, either, especially the ones he got fired.

By the time he hit his mid 40s, Ned realized there was no where left for him to go. He wanted to be known on a national scale, but there was too much competition, and he offered nothing that 10 other gay activists were already offering.

So Ned decided to make a radical change. He announced he was no longer gay, and became an anti-gay activist. He got married to a woman. He wrote a highly idealized book about his conversion that, in later years, would be taken as 100 percent truth by the national media.

Within 10 years, Ned was not only a national figure, he was among the most famous anti-gay activists in the country. Not only was he making far more money than he ever would have in his small city, he had a national pulpit every weeknight.

I lost touch with Ned a few years ago. But Ned and I still have many friends in common, including a few who remain very close to Ned today.

I don't believe one word of what Ned says today. I think he's the same person he was 20 years ago, he's just working for the other team.

by Anonymousreply 2108/19/2013

Maybe Ed had a conversion from conservative to liberal.

by Anonymousreply 2208/19/2013

No, R23, MSNBC is about 1000 times better than Faux Noise.

The star of their evening programming, Rachel Maddow, is polite, educated, intelligent, fair-minded and amusing. That's a hell of a lot more than you can say for any of those idiot-clowns on Faux.

by Anonymousreply 2408/20/2013

R21, if you can't name names, we can't believe you. Run along now, the grownups are talking.

by Anonymousreply 2508/20/2013

I'll start watching Maddow again when she comes to her senses.

by Anonymousreply 2608/20/2013

R26. 'Come to her senses.' What's wrong with Rachel?

by Anonymousreply 2708/20/2013

She worships at the alter of Greenwald and I don't.

by Anonymousreply 2808/20/2013

I'm going to have to read this.

by Anonymousreply 2908/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.