Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have you had any encounters with ghosts or the paranormal?

I haven't had any experiences with ghosts or anything paranormal. What about you?

by Anonymousreply 3411/04/2014

No ghosties, but lots of little "knowings" and things like that.

by Anonymousreply 108/19/2013

Yes. My grandfather's cape house was haunted. Almost everyone who has been there has heard someone walking up and down the steps when there was no one there, or saw magazine pages being turned one at a time, as if they were being read. I also have "visions." I tried to kill myself a few years ago. Ever since then, I have a vision every few months or so. I'll see a snapshot of some image that almost always comes true. I had a vision of a swan, dead, sinking in the water. A few days later I met someone who's backyard swan had just died of a snake bite. I had a vision that a friend of mine was pregnant, although she said she wasn't when I mentioned her dream. Lo and behold, she was soon pregnant. Most of the images are pretty benign, but it's still a little creepy.

by Anonymousreply 208/19/2013

Boogie, boogie, boogie!

by Anonymousreply 308/19/2013

This thread AGAIN?

by Anonymousreply 408/19/2013

Surprise anal

by Anonymousreply 508/19/2013

My brother that was killed in Viet Nam visited me several years later. I was awake, in bed, the back door opened and I heard him walk across the kitchn, into the carpeted hall. He came into my bedroom, I felt his presence. I never opened my eyes as I felt the warmth and the presence convey a sense of well being. Then he walked back out across the kitchen floor and left my house. In the morning the back door was locked as it had been when I went to bed.

Of course my brother didn't need to open the kitchen door and walk across the floor, it was his way of announcing himself.

by Anonymousreply 608/19/2013

R7, just wanted to tell you I think you're a real buzzkill and a dolt. R6, that was a touching story.

Similarly, the BF's sister died one morning a few years back. Overdose. Her favorite color was yellow. I was sitting in bed watching TV and the BF came in with a yellow candle which he placed on top of my TV. I sat there and watched it slide off and crash to the ground. (It was in a glass cube.) He came running back in. "What was that?!" I told him. Twenty minutes later, the BF's mother called to say the sister had died ... 20 minutes earlier.

by Anonymousreply 808/20/2013

I love these thrads and a drink for the first person who incorporates an ancient Indian burial ground into the proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 908/20/2013

The reason I said you were a buzzkill is because of your response to a touching story (whether it happened in dreams or reality). Thoughtless and rude.

by Anonymousreply 1108/20/2013

After my dad died my mom said she could still feel him in the house and she would talk to him as if he were still there. I figured it was her way of dealing with the loss because he died relatively young and it was hard on her when it happened.

I was visiting her and was just about asleep when I felt someone sit near the foot of the bed I figured it was my mom so I reached out and turned on the light. No was there but the blankets were messed up like someone had just sat there. This happened several times while I was there. I finally said something to my mom and told me that he use to sit on the end of my bed and watch me when I slept when I wad a kid, she was so happy that my father was still watching out for me, at least while I was there. It happened every time I visited her for about 3 years. At first it freaked me out a bit but after the first visit it was weirdly comforting.

I had hoped that when my mother died last year I'd feel something of her still hanging around but there was nothing. I miss her so much

by Anonymousreply 1208/20/2013

r12 I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure your Mom is smiling, knowing what a good and loving person you are.

by Anonymousreply 1308/20/2013

Thanks R13. I know if I'm not feeling her around me it's because she went wherever we go when we die and doesn't feel the need to watch over me like my dad did with her.

by Anonymousreply 1408/20/2013

Right after my boyfriend died I could still feel him arround the house. It lasted about three or four days. Everyone who came over during that time remarked that they still felt him hanging arround too. It could have been his cologne and tobacco still on his clothes but we all thought that we smelled him in the house too.

by Anonymousreply 1508/20/2013

Has anyone read Thom Bierdz's book, "Forgiving Troy?" I did. His schizophrenic brother (Troy) beat his mother to death with a baseball bat while Thom was starring on the soap. They locked the brother up and forgot about him.

Thom talks about how he wanted nothing to do with his brother but one night a close friend, who also happened to be psychic, called him and said, "Thom, your mother. She needs you to do something. She wants you to go help Troy."

A lot of times I've heard of people who believe in this sort of thing wondering why their mothers never come through, esp. in a close mother/son bond. I don't know why it happens but it does. And the usual outcome is someone else contacts them because the mother has come through a friend. Happened to John Edwards. He was pissed his mom (a big psychic fan) hadn't contacted him. A friend of mine too, lost his mom. He said he didn't believe in psychic phenomenon because if it was true, his mother would have reached out to him by now.

by Anonymousreply 1608/20/2013

Your Mom and Dad are together now, take comfort and joy in knowing that. You wouldn't want your Mom lookin' over your shoulder all the time, would you? When would you get a chance to do your laundry, or be here on DL?

by Anonymousreply 1808/20/2013

I believe your story R12, even though I don't understand it.

by Anonymousreply 1908/20/2013

I worked with a woman quite a few years ago. She had been very close to her husband who had passed away. She had loved him but apparently he was hard to love and most people didn't like him. I had never met him in life, except I had once experienced his road rage and it was pretty bad and hard for me to forget. When I went into their house, I recognized his face from pictures. Naturally I never said anything about the road rage incident.

I believe after death he just hung around the house watching over his wife. I loved her and took good care of her because she had a debilitating illness. I never saw him but he gave me a kidney punch one time and another time made me feel very ill, both incidents were in the exact same area of the kitchen. The old goat also locked me in the garage a couple of times. Probably because of jealousy because I could take care of his wife and he couldn't. Yes, it sounds crazy but I knew exactly who was bothering me. No doubts. When his wife died I believe they both moved on, together.

by Anonymousreply 2008/20/2013

I wish I had made it up, r21. It is never fun to get punched. And the overwhelming fear that I was having a stroke or heart attack in the other situation, was not pleasant. Sometimes you just have to accept what happens even though you have no idea how or why.

He was known to be a bastard in real life, two of his children barely put up with him and never grieved his death.

One little story that his daughter told me was that a family had planted a flowering bush near where his parents were buried. For some reason he didn't like the bush, so he would go out to visit the graves and would always pee on the bush. It died. I had never forgotten his road rage, it was pretty vile, even insisting that he was going to rape me! Why the hell would a man say anything like that, while having a fit on a complete stranger? Pretty weird and it came from a man who NEVER expected to be crossed.

by Anonymousreply 2208/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 2308/21/2013

I saw something in the woodshed.

by Anonymousreply 2408/21/2013

[quote]Why would anyone believe anything other than that you had a DREAM about all that happening?

Well they do say that the dead will visit you in your dreams. Now, I don't remember my dreams, only remember three my entire life, never had a nightmare, nothing and have zero feeling I was dreaming when I wake up.

I took care of a life long handicapped Aunt I inherited when my Mother died, for ten years. We were very close. When she died, that night, I dreamed I was standing at my front door and a car pulls up in the driveway and it was my Aunt, who didn't drive of course, and she says "I forgot my cane". I said "I'll get it" and I went to the room where it was kept. I returned to the door and she was gone. That was it a few seconds.

That was the only dream I remember in years. Some say she was just saying she was ok now and out of pain. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 2508/21/2013

I saw my mother twice - with either her father or her older brother who had died years prior (they looked identical).

They were walking around the back yard - steps from the cemetery in which she was buried. She was busy examining her plants while he was smiling at me.

A noise distracted me each time. When I looked back, they were gone.

When my dad died, I heard him calling me at odd times through the night - as he'd done for the last couple of years whenever he needed my help. That took a while to pass and I chalked it up to habit.

by Anonymousreply 2608/21/2013

I'm kind of on the same page as R17. Yeah there is just so much we don't understand yet about reality and the universe but at the same time, I'm not so sure that some people's experiences with the supernatural are just imagined or misconstrued.

I love watching shows like Paranormal Witness. It's just so interesting to hear about people's odd experiences.

by Anonymousreply 2708/21/2013

R25, you sound like a very compassionate person. That's a lot of work you put in there. I also never remember my dreams. But on waking sometimes, I'll get a snippet. Once, I distinctly heard a friend in her 80s say "Hi Jon!" I recognized the voice immediately. I called and told her about it and she told me she was pretty much "on my way out." She passed on a few months later. She wanted me to pray for her. (I'm an atheist but I loved this woman, so I did.)

Weird. But I accept it as real. To me.

by Anonymousreply 2808/21/2013

I've had various male entities enter my mouth and anus. They often coat my face in ectoplasm as well.

by Anonymousreply 2908/21/2013

There was a guy on one ghost show that said he was gay raped.

Ha! I found it on YouTube with a little hunting. You'll want to go forward to about the 15 minute mark to get to the gay ghost rape.

by Anonymousreply 3008/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 3110/31/2014

[quote]There was a guy on one ghost show that said he was gay raped.

But it wasn't rape-rape.

by Anonymousreply 3211/04/2014

Replying so this is starred and I can read all the stories later. :)

by Anonymousreply 3311/04/2014

I've seen shadow people three maybe four times. I have a really hazy memory from when I was around 4 so I'm not sure if that one is real. Everyone says shadow people are evil but I've never felt threatened by them.

by Anonymousreply 3411/04/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!