Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Christie Vetoes The Ban On Military Sniper Rifle He Proposed

The Barrett M82 sniper rifle, and its newer cousin the M107, fire immense six inch bullets and are capable of killing a man standing nearly a mile and a half from the shooter. It was designed to take out military jets and helicopters — and can be just as effective against police helicopters. And, thanks to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), it is still legal in his state.

Christie waited until after 6pm on Friday — when most journalists had gone home for the weekend and many voters were already on their way to the beach — to announce his decision to veto a ban on these weapons. Christie’s veto of this ban on Barrett .50 caliber semi-automatic rifles is also at odds with Christie’s own call for a ban on the sale of Barrett .50 caliber semi-automatic rifles. He called for such a ban last April.

The New Jersey governor claims he vetoed the bill because it went further than he would have preferred — the bill he vetoed would have banned new sales of these military-grade firearms and prohibited current owners from keeping these rifles. But it is difficult to escape the impression that Christie had something else in mind when the unsheathed his veto pen. A group called Pro-Gun New Hampshire rallied out-of-state gun supporters to push Christie to veto the bill, telling them to tell Christie that “you’re watching with 2016 in mind.”

Rest linked.

by Anonymousreply 1108/20/2013

Christie is pathetic, puerile and pusillanimous. I am ashamed I find him SO hot.

by Anonymousreply 108/19/2013

He's insane

by Anonymousreply 208/19/2013

Self-serving arsehole.

by Anonymousreply 308/19/2013

He did sign one decent bill today. New Jersey is now the second state that has outlawed ex-gay programs.

by Anonymousreply 408/19/2013

What reason would there be for a non-criminal to own this type of gun?

by Anonymousreply 508/19/2013

I'm certain law enforcement groups, and Police unions can throttle him in the press when the first cop is shot and killed with one of these legal weapons! They had better!

by Anonymousreply 608/19/2013

Another caveman caving in.

by Anonymousreply 708/19/2013

Is this about his re-election next year at all? I don't know if there are a lot of hunting/shooting/gun-nuts in New Jersey.

It's obviously useful for his 2016 national run.

by Anonymousreply 808/19/2013

Can't the Dems find anyone in the entire state who can beat this jackass at the next election?

by Anonymousreply 908/20/2013

Not after that storm, r9.

by Anonymousreply 1008/20/2013

r9 Nope, they can't. He's a shoe-in for re-election. And then he'll be off campaigning for President.

by Anonymousreply 1108/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!