Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Straight man reads drag queens to filth

He's especially right about how mean drag queens are. Some of the meanest people I've met are drag queens, in fact. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 3108/21/2013

Because you're an ugly frau who can't stand the comparison.

by Anonymousreply 108/19/2013

I think the most boring people on DL are the people like r1 who hallucinate there are fraus everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 408/19/2013

More than a few grains of truth in what the boy said.

by Anonymousreply 508/19/2013

[quote]Some of the meanest people I've met are drag queens, in fact. Why is that?

A wise DLer once said, "Hurt people hurt people."

by Anonymousreply 608/19/2013

Straight? Hahahahaha!!! Good one OP

by Anonymousreply 708/19/2013

He is so right.

Drag queens are ugly men who put on masks and play the court jester. Rarely any real talent.

by Anonymousreply 808/19/2013

A lot of drag queens are obviously, flamboyantly gay, which means that most of them have been the targets of abuse from people. That alone would probably make them a little harsh. I know some of them can be tough to take, but I always take that into consideration before I judge. Weren't the Stonewall riots initiated by drag queens who were tired of being abused by cops?

by Anonymousreply 908/19/2013

R9, please do not open that can of worms again.

by Anonymousreply 1008/19/2013

That was funny. I didn't want it to be, but it was. And it wasn't hateful. I've heard more hateful stuff on DL.

Course a non-brassy woman drag queen probably wouldn't have an act.

by Anonymousreply 1108/19/2013

The guys delivery sucks.

by Anonymousreply 1208/19/2013

I think people here don't understand their own gay history.

Throwing shade has been a vibrant aspect of expression to an oppressed community for decades.

It is about that ownership concept.

I just can't get into it here because the ADHD span here doesn't allow.

by Anonymousreply 1308/19/2013

You just need to know how to handle a drag queen. Throw the shade right back then call them amazing and beautiful. They will be you bff forever.

by Anonymousreply 1408/19/2013

I have a drag queen in my family and I will gladly admit he isn't mean. However, he is one of the stupidest human beings you will ever encounter.

by Anonymousreply 1508/19/2013

[quote] Throwing shade has been a vibrant aspect of expression to an oppressed community for decades.

You're wrong. Throwing shade is the choice of stupid, angry people who are too unintelligent to think of any other way to gain respect.

Drag queens were funny in the 70s and 80s when they actually DID something. Drag queens today are just boys in dresses being cunty for cute points.

I can't throw a stone in my gayborhood without hitting a wannabe "drag queen" who thinks they are something elevated high above the human race. And they are damned mean people who enjoy being cunts, and not in a witty or wise way, just flat out cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 1608/19/2013

I think the dumbest people on DL are those like R4 who don't know there are straight cunts on every thread lately.

by Anonymousreply 1708/19/2013

R16 you sound old, mean and bitter.

by Anonymousreply 1808/19/2013

[quote]Drag queens were funny in the 70s and 80s when they actually DID something.

Lots of drugs and unprotected sex?

by Anonymousreply 1908/19/2013

They attack before they are attacked. Plain and simple. It works.

by Anonymousreply 2008/19/2013

Who wants to be around someone who "attacks?" What the hell is THAT? Drag has been done to death for decades. The occasional star like RuPaul or Divine comes along but it's rare. I have heard that even The Lady Chablis is a tired old pissy bitch these days.

by Anonymousreply 2108/19/2013

Curious. I've known a passel of really nice drag queens -- generous to a fault, so long as they were respected.

by Anonymousreply 2208/19/2013

"you sound old, mean and bitter."

I've worked hard all my life to be those things. Why couldn't you have said that about me?

by Anonymousreply 2308/19/2013

RuPaul was a nasty bitch for YEARS and then all of a sudden changed to being positive. Trust me, she had many years of being nasty and bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 2408/19/2013

What happened to our West Hollywood drag queen who had cancer?

Her house was featured, but I haven't heard about her health.

by Anonymousreply 2508/19/2013

More info, preferably with specifics, about Ru Paul's former bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 2608/20/2013

I think gay guys who complain about drag queens are assimilationists.

Be like society's standards of what a "normal" man is supposed to be or you are somehow "less than"

Boring...really internal homophobia....this is why that hate us mentality if someone is feminine..

by Anonymousreply 2708/20/2013

Hey OP, it was funny and truthifull. Get on a different bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 2808/20/2013

R27, your contribution here is generalized and ingorant. It has nothing to do with homophobia. I find most drag queens to be very imbalanced individuals who create personas to escape their own internal crisis. I just don't have patience for anyone else's imperial bullshit. Homophobia? Please. About 20 years ago I witnessed a queen shove another queen down a flightof stairs simply because he thouht it would be funny. To this day this person is still a heinous asshole and is still looking like tired old bag. Drag queens are like nicely wrapped birthday presents, but once ripped open contain broken glass and maggots.

by Anonymousreply 2908/21/2013

I get nervous around drag queens. They ARE mean.

by Anonymousreply 3008/21/2013

As a pretty serious guy with resting bitchy face, I am repeatedly the target of drag queens, who seem to take my mien as a direct challenge. It's tiresome. I only can be around them if I'm so drunk that my face gets slack---they leave me alone then.

by Anonymousreply 3108/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.