Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING BAD: Season 5, Episode 10: 8/18/2013: "BURIED"

Skyler's past catches up with her. Jesse continues to struggle with his guilt.

by Anonymousreply 9307/13/2014

I'm on the West coast and really looking forward to it!

Poor Jesse, he looks like he is going to implode. I'm worried he might commit suicide :(

by Anonymousreply 108/18/2013

Damn Skyler!!!

by Anonymousreply 208/18/2013

So far breaking bad has stayed true to ther winning formula . iMO, Arrested Development fell short

by Anonymousreply 308/18/2013

Keep your mouth shut Skyler, or you'll be next to vanish.

Hank is starting to piss me off, I just hope Walt tells him "I told you to tread lightly" before he kills him.

by Anonymousreply 408/18/2013

Pissing you off? Why? For going after a homicidal meth king?

by Anonymousreply 508/18/2013

R5, Hank pisses me off because he's erratic and sloppy. I grant that it's his job to go after drug kingpins, but he's a complete moron.

That said, I'm loving the final episodes. The scene with Skyler and Marie and the baby was so tense!!

by Anonymousreply 608/18/2013

Marie!!

by Anonymousreply 708/18/2013

WTF? Best show in TV and no comments?? Mad Men got more comments than this.

Maybe this show is not "gay enough" ??

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 808/19/2013

The scene with Skylar, Marie and the baby. Wow. Really upsetting. GREAT acting all around. I am surprised by how fast things are moving!!

I think Lydia will be Walt's undoing. I just can't believe that Jesse would give him up. Then again, his conscience is heavy and he is NOT in a good place, so who knows?

Who do we think the machine gun in the trunk is meant to be used on? I'm truly stumped there.

by Anonymousreply 908/19/2013

Todd is a sociopath so I'm suspecting that he may end up killing someone from Walt's family (Skylar? Walt Jr.?) That's who I think Walt intends to use the machine gun on.

by Anonymousreply 1008/19/2013

It's crazy to think that Todd, of all people, could be such a huge player in this.

by Anonymousreply 1108/19/2013

R10, that's an interesting and crazy theory... If Todd is now trying to curry favor with Lydia, then it's possible that she might order up some pain for Walt.

by Anonymousreply 1208/19/2013

[quote]Todd is a sociopath so I'm suspecting that he may end up killing someone from Walt's family (Skylar? Walt Jr.?) That's who I think Walt intends to use the machine gun on.

Hmm, I think you may be right. Todd's killing of the child in the train heist episode could be a hint, as we already know he is impulsive. If he kills Walt Jr or the daughter (what is her name anyway?)...look out. That would unleash WW's fury like nothing else.

Hopefully Jesse Plemons gets some good scenes out of it. Landrie has come a long way since FNL!!

by Anonymousreply 1308/19/2013

[quote]If Todd is now trying to curry favor with Lydia, then it's possible that she might order up some pain for Walt.

Although it seems that Walt is still valuable to her, so I don't think she would kill him. After all, Todd is only able to get the meth 70% or so pure. She needs Walt and his expertise to make up the '$50 million shortfall.' Maybe she'll go after his family to 'persuade' him to go back in business, not necessarily kill them but kidnap them maybe, and that is when Todd's famous impulsiveness leads to the unthinkable...

I like this theory, R10! Time will tell...

by Anonymousreply 1508/19/2013

LANDRY, STOP!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1608/19/2013

Jesse opened and closed the episode without saying a word.

by Anonymousreply 1708/19/2013

Skyler will be violently murdered there (by the pool from what I understand and with baby Holly nearby). Notice the axe marks on the door floor.

by Anonymousreply 1808/19/2013

They're starting to lose me. Jesse should be in a hole out in the desert and Walt, Skylar, and the money would be on their way to South America by this point.

by Anonymousreply 1908/19/2013

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 2008/19/2013

That's by far the tensest, most exhausting/exhilirating 43 minutes of anything I can remember sitting through, for sure the last two weeks. Just unbelievably entertaining.

Hank was just dying to get to Jesse. DYING. And they gave us a cliffhanger.

He's so overly invested in "getting" Walt. I wonder if he'll overreach, like he did with Skyler. Hank can be so smart and deadly when he's got his game on.

Gritting my teeth til next Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 2108/19/2013

Holy shit that went fast. Amazing.

Jesse: Nothing says depression quite like the sound of fluorescent lightbulbs.

Hank: I have to say I am loving him more and more but at the same time, he has really fucked this up.

Skylar — I don't really get why should would stand by Walt now. I guess she finally jumped into the pool with him— (and now I get that scene as a metaphor.) She's in with him and Hank had no idea or suspicion which was dumb on his part - blinded by family- but...

Skylar was absolutely right to say she should be talking to a lawyer and if Hank had not been emotionally involved to the extent that he is - he would have known that. He was NOT watching out for her and she knew it.

WILL JESS FLIP?

by Anonymousreply 2208/19/2013

Why the fuck did Hank tell Marie. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 2308/19/2013

When life gives you Plemons, make Plemonade.

by Anonymousreply 2408/19/2013

What do you mean, r23? Isn't it obvious?

Marie now knows that Walt was the reason Hank got beaten up, shot, and practically paralyzed MORE THAN ONCE since this series began.

Marie now knows that Skylar knew about Walt's involvement well before Hank was shot. Thus Skylar is complicit in some of the worst shit that she and Hank have been through in their lives——— all while playing the cancer family victims.

Are you kidding? I'm surprised Marie didn't beat the shit out of Skylar right then and there.

by Anonymousreply 2508/19/2013

It's interesting to see the Family now become two families and close ranks. Each wife with her husband and what that side represents.

Hank's side has the law- the intellectual side of morality and justice of "good".

Walt's family has children— the whole rationalization for all of this in the first place and he's still hammering it home with "think of the children" crap.

And Both sides want to take the kids.

by Anonymousreply 2608/19/2013

Huh, I'm surprised this thread isn't more active.

by Anonymousreply 2708/19/2013

This is the last season, no?

Great episode and I was so lost in it, when it was over I was like wtf!

Jesse looks sooo sad and depressed. I know the boy was killed out by the train robbery - was that the catalyst? or is it more?

It's been MONTHS since I watched Season 4.

by Anonymousreply 2808/19/2013

Are we to believe that the old guy who found all that money that Jesse threw out called the cops rather than keep it?

by Anonymousreply 2908/19/2013

R29, I was thinking the same thing. Pretty lame.

by Anonymousreply 3008/19/2013

I love Walt's response when Saul suggested that they send Hank "to Belize" and Walt was just flabberghasted that he suggested offing a family member. And now that someone pointed out the fact that Marie loves the color purple I am obsessed how in even the most traumatic of times she is able to put together a completely coordinated outfit of varying shades of purple. I love this show to distraction.

by Anonymousreply 3108/19/2013

Purple is the color of super-villains.

by Anonymousreply 3208/19/2013

Purple is the color of Royalty.

by Anonymousreply 3308/19/2013

This show will hopefully be studied by writers, actors, and filmmakers for many years to come. It is a wonderful coming together of sterling writing, brilliant acting, and perfect pacing.

by Anonymousreply 3408/19/2013

R31, last season the purple was out of control. Walls, rugs, kitchen appliances, bedding...

by Anonymousreply 3508/19/2013

I love how Saul knew that Mike was dead. I don't think Walt actually told him...

Both Jesse and Saul know what happened to Mike and Walt is still acting like he got away with it and nobody knows.

by Anonymousreply 3608/19/2013

I hated Marie for trying to take baby Holly. Go out and have your own kid or adopt.

by Anonymousreply 3708/19/2013

Marie took Skyler's children into her home, at Skyler's request, without ever hearing a definitive reason why (other than that Skyler was on the verge of a breakdown which she later attributed to her having the affair with Ted)...and Holly was an infant. Skyler was adamant, and Marie completely accepted the responsibility. Skyler and Walt had their stand-off in that dark house for weeks, and it was Marie who was essentially the custodial parent to both Skyler's children.

She couldn't help but bond to that baby, and then to hear all that betrayal confirmed by her sister, her best friend, her closest confidante...well, yeah, I'm surprised she didn't do a lot worse. Good thing Hank was there. Brave thing for Hank to be there, in fact, because what if Walt had been?

by Anonymousreply 3808/19/2013

Marie is awful

by Anonymousreply 3908/19/2013

Keep in mind that Marie is also klepto...

by Anonymousreply 4008/20/2013

This episode was like a chess game. Hank attacked the queen, she defended, then Walt moved the other vulnerable piece out of play (the money). Now Hank's engaging a weak pawn to try to get to Walt ...

by Anonymousreply 4108/20/2013

It's the best show on TV with the best writing and acting! I even think the title is pure genius. I'm loving these last episodes.

by Anonymousreply 4208/20/2013

Beautifully shot episode.

I worry for Jesse, more than anyone else. He would have been better off running away with Jane, heroin and all (the passengers on those planes, even more so). Of course, Walt ruined that for him, like so many other things in Jesse's life.

by Anonymousreply 4308/20/2013

Aaron Paul and Anna Guun were on Talking Bad and Gunn revealed that for most of the baby fight scene it was a doll and that a real baby was only used for the closeups...Fun Fact to Know and Tell

by Anonymousreply 4408/20/2013

[quote]It's the best show on TV with the best writing and acting! I even think the title is pure genius. I'm loving these last episodes.

Ditto on everything with one small change. The best show on TV EVER! This has far surpassed The Sopranos and The Wire. Excellent production in every aspect. I will follow Vince Gilligan to wherever he goes from here.

by Anonymousreply 4508/20/2013

The thing that is bothering me (and it might change next episode) is that Walt has corrupted everyone he comes into contact with. Except Hank.

Walt's first reaction would be to try to turn Hank. Maybe he would use money, maybe threat of exposure, maybe just to protect his sister, maybe even to rat out everyone he knows in the business, but he would make an effort. Instead, he's letting Hank control the situation.

by Anonymousreply 4608/20/2013

He knows Hank can't be turned.

by Anonymousreply 4708/20/2013

Marie has mental problems and Hank is in a dangerous job so they are not great parent material.

by Anonymousreply 4808/20/2013

Question for all of you -

If you were in Hank's position, and Walt offered you 5 million to forget about the whole thing, would you?

by Anonymousreply 4908/20/2013

[quote]Jesse looks sooo sad and depressed. I know the boy was killed out by the train robbery - was that the catalyst? or is it more?

The boy, plus being forced to kill Gale. Realizing that Mike is dead and that Walt killed him broke the camel's back.

by Anonymousreply 5008/20/2013

[quote]If you were in Hank's position, and Walt offered you 5 million to forget about the whole thing, would you?

You bet. Remember, in series time all this has happened over the course of 12 months, so it isn't that long ago that Hank was getting fucked over by his bosses, submitted his letter of resignation, and got horsed around by them over the medical expenses. I can't see where he has any love for the DEA, at least not 5 million in cash worth of love.

It's interesting that last episode he was trying to catch a criminal, and they told him his day was a budget meeting and a meet and greet, and you saw how he reacted to that bullshit. I think Hank is closer to turning you might think.

by Anonymousreply 5108/20/2013

Using babies on set is very fraught. You get about 20 minutes a day. There's someone with a stopwatch keeping time from the moment the baby leaves the parent's hands and is touched by the actors.

by Anonymousreply 5208/20/2013

Personally I would be very tempted to take the money. But I think Hank is way too obsessed with catching his man. He is screwed either way.

by Anonymousreply 5308/20/2013

[quote]I think Hank is way too obsessed with catching his man.

Let's not forget his wife in all this. She might like 5 million and a beach more than marriage to a frustrated civil servant.

That kind of money buys a lot of purple shoes.

by Anonymousreply 5408/20/2013

Half.

by Anonymousreply 5508/20/2013

what r54 said!

by Anonymousreply 5608/20/2013

Damn! Where are the comments for the best TV show ever??

I miss Jesse calling everyone, "Bitch!"

Did anyone see the three actors on Charlie Rose? Anna Gunn is so skinny now, and I noticed that Aaron Paul is a little gayer when he's not Jesse. On all other TV appearances I've seen him I guess he's in character.

by Anonymousreply 5708/21/2013

Hank's on another show that sucks. It's called "Under the Dome."

Gale's on another show that sucks. It's called "Low Winter Sun". I love him and I have no idea why.

As Aaron Paul said, "it's all downhill from here." Poor guy. He's so young. At least Bryan Cranston's old.

by Anonymousreply 5808/21/2013

This episode was about advancing plot lines rapidly--it didn't have the emotional impact of some others (except for every scene with Anna Gunn--she is amazing, and Skyler is my favorite character).

by Anonymousreply 5908/21/2013

I agree with you R59. There is something missing in the last two episodes that I couldn't put my finger on, but I think you nailed it.

I think Vince Gilligan could've created another season.

by Anonymousreply 6008/21/2013

Hell, they could have done an entire season of Badger tossing out Star Trek script ideas.

by Anonymousreply 6108/21/2013

I couldn't wait to see what Hank was going to do. For some reason, I thought he would try to keep up the facade of the old Hank until he got real proof. I think that could've kept the suspense level much higher. Now that Hank knows, the suspense just isn't there.

Jesse doesn't even speak. The lawyer, who I love, makes one appearance. We know that Walt is hopeless. And, there is no outside danger lurking...no Tucos, no Gus, no evil Brothers.

What is there? 3 more episodes? I just don't see any twists...I feel like I know what's going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 6208/21/2013

[quote]Purple is the color of super-villains.

[quote]Purple is the color of Royalty.

Purple is the color of Lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 6308/21/2013

[quote]What is there? 3 more episodes? I just don't see any twists...I feel like I know what's going to happen.

Well, there was "Ricky Hitler's" uncle laying waste to a small army of drug dealers. Don't think that Walt's family could wind up on the receiving end of that?

by Anonymousreply 6408/21/2013

I agree R62

by Anonymousreply 6508/21/2013

No outside danger? Hmm, okay. Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 6608/21/2013

If they do a spinoff of Saul, I hope Badger and Skinny Pete are in it as regulars.

by Anonymousreply 6708/21/2013

Lydia's proving to be a major bad ass. Walt refused to help her improve the product, and Skylar threw her out of the car wash. Feels like revenge time to me.

by Anonymousreply 6808/21/2013

Agreed, R67. Badger, Skinny Pete, Huell and the Bill Burr character whose name escapes me.

by Anonymousreply 6908/21/2013

[What is there? 3 more episodes?]

There are six episodes left.

by Anonymousreply 7008/21/2013

I'm wondering if a broken and desperate Ted might make a reappearance. He was in love with Skyler, and has probably lost everything else by now.

by Anonymousreply 7108/21/2013

[quote]WTF? Best show in TV and no comments?? Mad Men got more comments than this.

[quote]Huh, I'm surprised this thread isn't more active.

We’ve been on “Primetime” lock-up since Sunday. It just opened up.

by Anonymousreply 7208/21/2013

I'm glad that Hank is temporarily blocked. He went from bumbling macho cop to supersleuth last season and it was irritating and unlikely.

And Walt did start out doing this for his family. He's not a psychopath but has evolved sociopathic tendencies due to some extraordinary circumstances. That doesn't mean he no longer cares for his family. He would have been a much more effective Heisenberg if he'd ditched them long ago. And he would have offed Hank - not even a blood relation - if he was completely gone. He still has a little further to fall.

Hank isn't a hero either. He wants to get Walt because of his own ego, not because (or not merely because) he's a moral person.

by Anonymousreply 7308/21/2013

Jesse still has things to discover about Walt...Jane, his other girlfriend's son, and now the lie about Mike. I think Jesse will play a pivotal role in Walt's demise, just as he did in Walt's rise to the top.

The scene with Marie and Skyler in the bedroom where Marie has an entire conversation with Skyler without her saying two words was phenomenal. Likewise the scene where Marie tries to take the baby. Just superb.

There is going to be a huge hole to fill when this show is done.

by Anonymousreply 7408/21/2013

R74, try Sons of Anarchy. I got talked into it kicking and screaming, but fell in love with it.

by Anonymousreply 7508/21/2013

R73 perfectly stated exactly what I feel about Walt and Hank - I'm just not smart enough to express it as well.

by Anonymousreply 7608/22/2013

R73/R74 posts makes a lot of good sense!

Sons of Anarchy first 2-3 seasons are VERY good - but it quickly turned into a bad soap opera. And I can suspend reality for a TV show - but all the killings, illegal shenanigans, etc. and no one gets caught is pretty ridiculous. Plus it's not like most of the characters are smart like Walt W.

by Anonymousreply 7708/22/2013

[quote]but all the killings, illegal shenanigans, etc. and no one gets caught is pretty ridiculous.

You just described Breaking Bad..

by Anonymousreply 7808/22/2013

[quote] Now Hank's engaging a weak pawn to try to get to Walt ...

I don't think Jesse is a pawn. He's a player for sure. A knight, or a bishop perhaps. Not a pawn. The pawns are all the small players who are disposed of without a thought. The street dealers, the gunmen, etc. Not Jesse.

[quote]I worry for Jesse, more than anyone else. He would have been better off running away with Jane, heroin and all (the passengers on those planes, even more so). Of course, Walt ruined that for him, like so many other things in Jesse's life.

Jane killed herself. Walt didn't even touch her. She rolled over in the middle of a high and choked herself. She ODed. Jesse is just as culpable in that death as anyone but ultimately she killed herself.

And Jess decided to go back in with Walt.

That in a nutshell is what this show is brilliant at. Portraying how ultimately people will their own mistakes and the poor decisions that destroy themselves.

Every character has had a moment- or several- where they could back it up or escape and they simply choose not to for reasons that inevitably boil down to their own ego or self-rationalization. They're all addicts in their own way.

Ted Beneke was indicative of this kind of thing. Skylar pulled off some major shit to get him out of hot water and what did he do? He turned around and bought an expensive new car without any thought as to how it would affect the people who went out on a limb for him (Skylar).

by Anonymousreply 7908/23/2013

I tried to get into Sons of Anarchy, but the writing seems awful compared to Breaking Bad (I haven't been able to get past episode 3). Charlie Hunnam is the only thing that piques my interests somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 8008/23/2013

[quote]Ted Beneke was indicative of this kind of thing. Skylar pulled off some major shit to get him out of hot water and what did he do? He turned around and bought an expensive new car without any thought as to how it would affect the people who went out on a limb for him (Skylar).

Sadly, isn't this just how life works sometimes? How often have one of us helped someone, only to get fucked over by them down the line? Too often, I tell ya!

by Anonymousreply 8108/23/2013

As long as Jesse doesn't die, or I will have a nervous breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 8208/23/2013

I think people sympathize with Jesse because he is cute. People forget that Walt has saved him a few times and remember all the problems Jesse caused with Gus.

by Anonymousreply 8308/23/2013

That's true, r83...Jesse is a loveable character, but he can really piss you off when he messes up, and does crazy and stupid things.

by Anonymousreply 8408/23/2013

My best friend ran into Betsy Brandt (Marie) yesterday at 83rd and Amsterdam. She was filming something.

by Anonymousreply 8508/24/2013

[quote]and does crazy and stupid things.

Like throwing money wads as if on a paper route - and then just lying there on the human roulette.

by Anonymousreply 8608/24/2013

August 23, 2013 I Have a Character Issue By ANNA GUNN

LOS ANGELES — PLAYING Skyler White on the television show “Breaking Bad” for the past five seasons has been one of the most rewarding creative journeys I’ve embarked on as an actor. But the role has also taken me on another kind of journey — one I never would have imagined.

My character, to judge from the popularity of Web sites and Facebook pages devoted to hating her, has become a flash point for many people’s feelings about strong, nonsubmissive, ill-treated women. As the hatred of Skyler blurred into loathing for me as a person, I saw glimpses of an anger that, at first, simply bewildered me.

For those unfamiliar with the show: Skyler is the wife of Walter White, a high-school chemistry teacher who, after learning he has lung cancer, begins cooking and selling methamphetamine to leave a nest egg for Skyler, their teenage son and their unborn daughter. After his prognosis improves, however, Walter continues in the drug trade — with considerable success — descending deeper and deeper into a life of crime.

When Skyler discovers what Walter has been up to, she tries to stop him, to no avail. She is outraged by the violence and destruction of the drug world, fearful for her children’s safety, disgusted by the money Walter brings in and undone by the lies and manipulation to which he subjects her.

Because Walter is the show’s protagonist, there is a natural tendency to empathize with and root for him, despite his moral failings. (That viewers can identify with this antihero is also a testament to how deftly his character is written and acted.) As the one character who consistently opposes Walter and calls him on his lies, Skyler is, in a sense, his antagonist. So from the beginning, I was aware that she might not be the show’s most popular character.

But I was unprepared for the vitriolic response she inspired. Thousands of people have “liked” the Facebook page “I Hate Skyler White.” Tens of thousands have “liked” a similar Facebook page with a name that cannot be printed here. When people started telling me about the “hate boards” for Skyler on the Web site for AMC, the network that broadcasts the show, I knew it was probably best not to look, but I wanted to understand what was happening.

A typical online post complained that Skyler was a “shrieking, hypocritical harpy” and didn’t “deserve the great life she has.”

“I have never hated a TV-show character as much as I hate her,” one poster wrote. The consensus among the haters was clear: Skyler was a ball-and-chain, a drag, a shrew, an “annoying bitch wife.”

I enjoy taking on complex, difficult characters and have always striven to capture the truth of those people, whether or not it’s popular. Vince Gilligan, the creator of “Breaking Bad,” wanted Skyler to be a woman with a backbone of steel who would stand up to whatever came her way, who wouldn’t just collapse in the corner or wring her hands in despair. He and the show’s writers made Skyler multilayered and, in her own way, morally compromised. But at the end of the day, she hasn’t been judged by the same set of standards as Walter.

As an actress, I realize that viewers are entitled to have whatever feelings they want about the characters they watch. But as a human being, I’m concerned that so many people react to Skyler with such venom. Could it be that they can’t stand a woman who won’t suffer silently or “stand by her man”? That they despise her because she won’t back down or give up? Or because she is, in fact, Walter’s equal?

It’s notable that viewers have expressed similar feelings about other complex TV wives — Carmela Soprano of “The Sopranos,” Betty Draper of “Mad Men.” Male characters don’t seem to inspire this kind of public venting and vitriol.

[More at the link]

by Anonymousreply 8708/24/2013

I have never hate Skyler, though when she slept with Ted I didn't like that. My favorite Skyler scene was when she dressed trampy and played dumb for the IRS auditor.

by Anonymousreply 8808/25/2013

[quote] Skylar — I don't really get why should would stand by Walt now

Walt is dying. She doesn't want Walt Jr's last memories if him to be Walter in jail, Walter on the news, Walter in the newspapers. She feels it isn't fair to her children. Let Walter die, the kids won't ever find out, there won't be a circus of a trial.

And, if Walt gets arrested, the family is in danger. They can be used as bargaining chips by the DA.

What is up with Betsy Brandt? She looks like a completely different person

by Anonymousreply 8908/26/2013

Betsy Brandt has been cast as Michael J. Fox's wife in his new shitcom. (Don't know why - she's not funny.) That's probably what you saw her filming, R85.

by Anonymousreply 9008/26/2013

Please. Comparing Carmela Soprano to Skylar is ridiculous. Skylar freaked when she realized Walt killed Gus. And Skylar has never benefitted from money that Walt made.

Carmela, on the other hand, is fully aware that her McMansion, Mercedes, clothing and jewelry come from Tony murdering people. Carmela threatened a neighbor about giving Meadow a letter of recommendation to Columbia. When Adrianna disappeared, Carmela used her disappearance as a tool to blackmail Tony into giving her a spec house. Tony's brutality and law breaking never bothered Carmela. Only his infidelity mattered to her.

by Anonymousreply 9108/28/2013

Remember when Skyler smoked while pregnant ?

by Anonymousreply 9208/28/2013

R92 - about four cigarettes.

I think Skylar got a raw deal.

by Anonymousreply 9307/13/2014
Need more help? Click Here.