Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Glenn Greenwald's Brazilian boytoy detained at Heathrow for nine hours

God, Greenwald is really one homely mofo, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 2308/24/2013

Damm, I wanted to see the boytoy.

by Anonymousreply 108/18/2013

Scroll down the story and you'll see a small picture of him with Greenwald, r1.

by Anonymousreply 208/18/2013

Eh. I'm sure the child built some character before Daddy came in to save him.

by Anonymousreply 308/18/2013

Boytoy?

He's 28.

by Anonymousreply 408/18/2013

And Glenn Greenwald is 46--literally old enough to be his father.

"Boytoy" fits perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 508/18/2013

dude, 46 / 28 is NOT creepy boytoy territory. i mean, i wouldn't personally date someone that age because the only thing we'd have in common would be sex, but for some, that's enough.

by Anonymousreply 608/18/2013

I agree. 28 is FAR too old to be a boytoy.

by Anonymousreply 708/18/2013

Good. I can't stand Greenwald with his Rand and Ron Paul libertarian-loving right wing ass. To hell with him, Assange and Snowden.

by Anonymousreply 808/18/2013

everybody knows that 25 is considered midlife in the gay world

by Anonymousreply 908/18/2013

[quote]dude, 46 / 28 is NOT creepy boytoy territory. i mean, i wouldn't personally date someone that age because the only thing we'd have in common would be sex, but for some, that's enough

Except they've been together since 2004. If 37/19 is NOT creepy boytoy territory, there's not much territory that is.

by Anonymousreply 1008/18/2013

Bigger picture of the Brazilian partner at link. I think Greenwald looks ok in OP's link, but he looks truly unattractive in this pic -

by Anonymousreply 1108/18/2013

I do Glenn, he's not so bad. The boyfriend is taller and better looking than I'd imagined.

by Anonymousreply 1208/18/2013

Greenwald is very likely a sociopath. He has dead eyes, like Simon Halls.

by Anonymousreply 1408/22/2013

[quote]dude, 46 / 28 is NOT creepy boytoy territory.

No, but 19/38 is, which was their ages when they met. Greenwald was literally twice his age. Add the fact that the boy toy didn't speak English and Greenwald didn't speak Portuguese, they're from vastly different sicial classes with vastly different education levels, they met "on the beach" and they moved in together within a week (still not speaking/understanding each others languages) and the whole thing is clearly a prostitution arrangement. Now that his boy toy is getting older Greenwald gets more bang for his buck by using him as a document smuggler. Yes, that's true love: putting your "partner" in danger for the benefit of your "work".

Greenwald is sleazy.

by Anonymousreply 1508/22/2013

Plus I doubt if he could get away with 'dating' a teenage Hispanic in America,r15. Reminds me of those white tourists who travel to Thailand for fresh 'chicken'

by Anonymousreply 1608/22/2013

His boyfriend is ugly for a Brazilian.

by Anonymousreply 1708/22/2013

Well Greenwald is ugly for an American. At least their looks are on the same level.

by Anonymousreply 1808/22/2013

Agreed, R17. They're actually well-matched in terms of looks - when the Brazilian is older, he will look as rough as Greenwald.

by Anonymousreply 1908/22/2013

Did anyone see the exclusive interview with Glenn Greenwald and David Miranda on AC360? David Miranda seemed like the son of Frankenstein when Anderson Cooper asked him a question, who could barely form an intelligible answer "Aye wuz happy to be back in country with my husbahnn". Conversely, Glenn Greenwald was like a blubbering sputtering idiot who wouldn't stop shouting in reply to AC's questions, "Civil liberties! Free press! Intimidation! Retaliation! Etc, Etc." My favorite part was, following the exclusive interview, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin basically said David Miranda was Glenn Greenwald's information mule, akin to a drug mule. Way to have a marriage of equals.

These guys are the most mismatched couple since Nick Gruber and Calvin Klein.

by Anonymousreply 2008/24/2013

Jeffrey Toobin is an idiot, R20. The fact that you agree with him is sad.

by Anonymousreply 2108/24/2013

[quote]...when the Brazilian is older, he will look as rough as Greenwald.

Worse. Most Brazilian men enter some pupal stage around 35 and come out on the other side terrifyingly troll-like.

by Anonymousreply 2208/24/2013

Why do you consider Toobin an idiot, R21? I don't watch CNN and my only exposure to him is through his book The Nine about the Supreme Court justices.

by Anonymousreply 2308/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.